Forum Jump: 

post #2911 of 2932 Old 10-03-2011, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Thanks & got your PM reply.

Just for everyone's information- I got NPVR Live Tv working. The secret is to run the Fusion software, shut it down, then do NPVR device setup & QAM channel scan. Set video renderer to EVR, video decoder to MPC gabest (not Zulu or dvico), audio to AC3 Filter. Getting EPG and recording working is whole 'nother battle...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2912 of 2932 Old 10-04-2011, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm really glad you got it working.

Take care,
Blato
post #2913 of 2932 Old 10-04-2011, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Update- Got Schedules direct free trial working & done some recording. Works great!

Only issue now is if I shut down or reboot my PC, NPVR won't work right unless I run the Fusion software and close it. I guess running Fusion software initializes the Tuner or loads some driver? Is there any way around this? Command line to load the BDA drivers without running Fusion software???
post #2914 of 2932 Old 10-05-2011, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I've never run into that problem with version 1.4.7. In fact, I put a shortcut to GB-PVR in my Startup folder so that I don't have to load it manually whenever I boot the computer.

I wonder if the problem could be related to your use of the Fusion 5 board as opposed to my Fusion 3?
post #2915 of 2932 Old 03-25-2012, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone tried other software to run the Fusion HDTV 5 USB Gold with software
such as DVBViewer, Transedit or TS Reader ?

Enjoy,
Keith
post #2916 of 2932 Old 10-23-2013, 04:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Been a while since anyone posted here.
Any luck with Windows 7 64 bit and the Fusion RT Gold cards?

Planning a new system trying to decide what OS to use (got Win7 32 & 64) But with 16 GB of RAM coming I'd like to go with the 64. I suppose I could ditch the 'Cards" and stick with a pair of Homerun's. ....perhaps the way to go....Comments???

Thanks

Chris C
post #2917 of 2932 Old 10-23-2013, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrider2 View Post

Been a while since anyone posted here.
Any luck with Windows 7 64 bit and the Fusion RT Gold cards?

Planning a new system trying to decide what OS to use (got Win7 32 & 64) But with 16 GB of RAM coming I'd like to go with the 64. I suppose I could ditch the 'Cards" and stick with a pair of Homerun's. ....perhaps the way to go....Comments???

Thanks

Hi,

EDIT:

v3.91.0x in use by me, see this post for downloads.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/744292/new-fusionhdtv-software/1770#post_23688118

and my post following for English version of Webpage.

My Fusion5 RT Gold works well on my standby W7 32 BIT HTPC. 32 Bit needed for MyHD.

The Fusion7 Dual in my main HTPC will be swapped with the Fusion5 RT Gold when I reinstall XP or switch to Vista before XP support ends.

The DEFECTIVE Fusion software works a little better with the Fusion5 RT Gold, the Fusion7 Dual is installed but very rarely used due to many problems. One minute plus for the Fusion defectiveware to start on my W7 64 Bit Laptop using the Fusion7 USB.

I have four tuners in my pair of HDHRs and they do most of the captures. CW_EPG is used for all my tuners.

The Fusion website now has no English: http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/

SHF

post #2918 of 2932 Old 10-23-2013, 05:48 PM

I'm using a Fusion 5 Gold with Win7 Pro 64-bit. I have the software installed and it sits quietly in my tray most of the time, but I rarely use the thing these days. I'm on v3.91.00. I've also used it with Windows Media Center, but again, not a whole lot. Anyway, the point is that it does work under a 64-bit system. I'm not entirely clear if this is the same card you're talking about (Fusion 5 gold? RT gold? 5 RT Gold? Dunno...), but it's worth trying.
post #2919 of 2932 Old 10-23-2013, 08:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I stopped using the Fusion 5 Gold years ago when HDHomerun first became available. It was (for me) a huge improvement in reliability and ease of use - with the added benefit that it is on the network instead of inside my computer.

The (HRHR) drivers work fine in 64-bit Win7 and Win8. You can now get cable card support as well. Honestly, I'd go that way if you have cable in the house ... or get a simple two tuner version if you're OTA.
post #2920 of 2932 Old 10-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFischer1 View Post

Hi,

EDIT:
v3.91.0x in use by me, see this post for downloads.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/744292/new-fusionhdtv-software/1770#post_23688118

and my post following for English version of Webpage.

My Fusion5 RT Gold works well on my standby W7 32 BIT HTPC. 32 Bit needed for MyHD.
The Fusion7 Dual in my main HTPC will be swapped with the Fusion5 RT Gold when I reinstall XP or switch to Vista before XP support ends.

The DEFECTIVE Fusion software works a little better with the Fusion5 RT Gold, the Fusion7 Dual is installed but very rarely used due to many problems. One minute plus for the Fusion defectiveware to start on my W7 64 Bit Laptop using the Fusion7 USB.

I have four tuners in my pair of HDHRs and they do most of the captures. CW_EPG is used for all my tuners.

The Fusion website now has no English: http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/

SHF

SFischer1 - Thank You for the d/l link and the translation of the site. Trying to d/l win 8, just for kicks...17 hours... right, one b.b. at a time through a soda straw. smile.gif Currently ruining 3.91.00 on XP Pro, so I'll try that. Got a new I7 and GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD4H waiting for my attention. biggrin.gif

Again, Thanks!

Chris C
post #2921 of 2932 Old 10-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffspam View Post

I'm using a Fusion 5 Gold with Win7 Pro 64-bit. I have the software installed and it sits quietly in my tray most of the time, but I rarely use the thing these days. I'm on v3.91.00. I've also used it with Windows Media Center, but again, not a whole lot. Anyway, the point is that it does work under a 64-bit system. I'm not entirely clear if this is the same card you're talking about (Fusion 5 gold? RT gold? 5 RT Gold? Dunno...), but it's worth trying.

jeffspam - Sorry for the confusion, it is a 'Fusion 5 RT Gold', also seldom used. I've got my TiVo's S-Video output ran to it for monitoring purposes. Mainly use a MyHD, sadly to be relegated to an off-line use after the XP phase-out, for live overlay TV on the Desktop. I'm building a new machine, and hope to use the Fusion for that purpose. Currently I have 2 HDHomeRun's that do all the recording; with a rare MyHD pick-up of an orphan every-now-and-then. I have a spare HR in the closet I'll hook-up to handle that....also a fan for that box. biggrin.gif

Does the Fusion need to be on-board during the Windows 7 install? Or will Media Center pick it up later during the Fusion install? I've read that others feel it works better through the BDA drivers with Media Center. All I need is an overlay for live TV to catch the News. (Scheduled Recording not needed for that card)

Thanks Much!

Chris C
post #2922 of 2932 Old 10-24-2013, 01:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrax View Post

I stopped using the Fusion 5 Gold years ago when HDHomerun first became available. It was (for me) a huge improvement in reliability and ease of use - with the added benefit that it is on the network instead of inside my computer.

The (HRHR) drivers work fine in 64-bit Win7 and Win8. You can now get cable card support as well. Honestly, I'd go that way if you have cable in the house ... or get a simple two tuner version if you're OTA.

Hyrax - Thanks for your response! Good to hear that Fusion & win7 64 bit is a go; that's my main concern. I have a total of three of the original 'white-box' HR's, that I will be using for recording via CW_epg and Schedules Direct on this new system. Only want something for live "overlay TV' while using the Computer. The MyHD was great for that, but I've decided to go 64 bit so it's on the shelf for a while. If I could get the Fusion to work reliably through Media Center, as an overlay, I'd be super happy. cool.gif

Chris C
post #2923 of 2932 Old 10-24-2013, 08:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Chris, I'm pretty sure that the Fusion 5 RT will be fine with Win7-64, but you could just as well use an HDHR tuner with one of QuikView (the S.D. app), WMC, or WMP for your "overlay".
post #2924 of 2932 Old 10-26-2013, 05:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post

Chris, I'm pretty sure that the Fusion 5 RT will be fine with Win7-64, but you could just as well use an HDHR tuner with one of QuikView (the S.D. app), WMC, or WMP for your "overlay".

Is there a way to dedicate one of 6 HDHR tuners to that 'use' with QuickView via a command line argument during launch?
If not, would CW_epg get 'stepped-on' if a tuner, scheduled to record, was being used by another app? I always figured it would, so I never tried. I know my, soon to be missed, MyHD will relinquish it's live TV overlay to do a scheduled record, but I've never tried that with the HR.
My new system could have Media Center. But seems I've read it needs to see a physical TV card in the machine during setup. (perhaps I'm mistaken--please correct me)
If I'm wrong; I could restrict all but one HDHR in MC and restrict the same one in CW.....Thus, not even needing the Fusion...........does that make sense? eek.gif

Thanks for your input,

Chris C
post #2925 of 2932 Old 10-26-2013, 05:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I have limited (and not recent) experience with WMC, but IIRC you can tell it which tuners to use for recordings and thereby leave one free for QuickView. But if you're using WMC, you might as well just use its live TV functions and leave all the tuner decisions up to it.

CW_EPG certainly allows you to specify which tuners it may use, so that you could keep one for QuickView's use alone. I don't know about QV command-line switches, but you can launch it via the HDHomerun_config.exe program, via which you can select any of your tuners. I haven't tested what happens if you're using an HDHR tuner for live viewing and CW_EPG then wants to start a capture on the same unit. It likely depends on how the viewing app has set up its connection; i.e., whether or not it has locked its access.
post #2926 of 2932 Old 10-27-2013, 10:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I have limited (and not recent) experience with WMC, but IIRC you can tell it which tuners to use for recordings and thereby leave one free for QuickView. But if you're using WMC, you might as well just use it's live TV functions and leave all the tuner decisions up to it.

CW_EPG certainly allows you to specify which tuners it may use, so that you could keep one for QuickView's use alone. I don't know about QV command-line switches, but you can launch it via the HDHomerun_config.exe program, via which you can select any of your tuners. I haven't tested what happens if you're using an HDHR tuner for live viewing and CW_EPG then wants to start a capture on the same unit. It likely depends on how the viewing app has set up its connection; i.e., whether or not it has locked its access.

Thanks T.P. ...CW_EPG seems to work quite well for me; I've had issues with the 'bloated MC' in the past. smile.gif Think I'll give QuickView and the HDHomerun_config.exe program a look-see. I've seldom needed 5 tuners, so I shouldn't have an issue.

Chris C
post #2927 of 2932 Old 10-27-2013, 11:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Hi,

I looked at the QuickTV.exe using Wordpad and found the following string:

"HDHomeRun QuickTV requires Windows Media Player to be installed".

I did not find any command line options and it did not like "/?".

But it's response suggested that something can be on it's command line which is reasonable as you can use the GUI to select a tuner. (I just tested the View button with VLC, HDHR 0,1 were busy, 2 and 3 were free. I selected Tuner 3 and RF 14 and it was the one that VLC used.)

The

HDHomeRun Development Guide

(20110518)

http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/hdhomerun_development.pdf

suggests how the HDHomerun_config.exe tells QuickTV what channel to tune to.

(I cannot test that because I use VLC instead.)

There is a QuickTV forum that I can ask your question in if you wish, I am signed up.

http://www.silicondust.com/forum2/

SHF

post #2928 of 2932 Old 10-29-2013, 11:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFischer1 View Post

Hi,

I looked at the QuickTV.exe using Wordpad and found the following string:

"HDHomeRun QuickTV requires Windows Media Player to be installed".

I did not find any command line options and it did not like "/?".

But it's response suggested that something can be on it's command line which is reasonable as you can use the GUI to select a tuner. (I just tested the View button with VLC, HDHR 0,1 were busy, 2 and 3 were free. I selected Tuner 3 and RF 14 and it was the one that VLC used.)

The
HDHomeRun Development Guide
(20110518)

http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/hdhomerun_development.pdf

suggests how the HDHomerun_config.exe tells QuickTV what channel to tune to.
(I cannot test that because I use VLC instead.)

There is a QuickTV forum that I can ask your question in if you wish, I am signed up.

http://www.silicondust.com/forum2/

SHF

Thanks SFischer1,
Looks like I have options out there to experiment with, when time allows. Hoping to get all sw installed before my activation period ends. smile.gif

Chris C
post #2929 of 2932 Old 10-29-2013, 09:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrider2 View Post

Thanks SFischer1,
Looks like I have options out there to experiment with, when time allows. Hoping to get all sw installed before my activation period ends. smile.gif

Hi,

I have replied here:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/731457/hdhomerun-dual-atsc-or-qam-to-ethernet-box/1950#post_23890116

SHF

ccrider2 likes this.
post #2930 of 2932 Old 12-03-2013, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I finally got my Fusion 5 Lite working in Windows 7 32-bit using the 3.91 drivers\software.

By default Windows did not recognize the ones specifically for the Fusion 5 Lite, and even after specifying the unknown devices (in windows device manager) to use the ones in
C:\Program Files\Dvico\FusionHDTV\driver\2000, so in the setup package I also selected (as additional drivers for multiple cards, even though I didn't have any others) all the other Fusion cards that had a '5' in their name, as well as the very last one on the list (WDM, I think it said), then when selecting that folder to look for drivers the card was able to bind to them. I did this for all 3 unknown multimedia devices. I am not certain which ones worked with my card, but happy they did. I am setup as over-the-air ATSC and not cable. Windows Media Center also picked up and is working great with the card. At one point in setting this up I installed the 3.91.96 only to find out none of the 5-series cards were listed. I didn't uninstall the software. I did uninstall and reinstall the 3.91 however.

Just thought I would post my experience for reference. Since I don''t know specifically what driver made it work, I imaged my harddrive in case I screw something up and have to restore back to this working state. I feel like I been reinstalling Windows for days now trying to get the right combo of OS version and driver version.
post #2931 of 2932 Old 12-03-2013, 10:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Ben, I'm glad to hear that you got it working. FWIW, I believe that WMC uses the WDM driver set.
post #2932 of 2932 Old 12-03-2013, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Ben, I'm glad to hear that you got it working. FWIW, I believe that WMC uses the WDM driver set.

Yeah me too! Not only does the WMC work, but the HDTV application does also. Not sure the WDM is involved in the DVICO's app, but hey, it works.. I'm happy! smile.gif
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page