post #31 of 73 Old 07-06-2005, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Watson
You can send digital audio over the PCI bus to a soundcard for SPDIF output.
Hi, Cliff

Yes, will that fix the problem I'm having? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 73 Old 07-06-2005, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldet5
Hi, Cliff

Yes, will that fix the problem I'm having? Thanks!
Maybe! You are the only person that can answer that question by trying it.
post #33 of 73 Old 07-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Advanced Member

Has anyone else found that this version disables the mute button?
post #34 of 73 Old 07-09-2005, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpenton
Has anyone else found that this version disables the mute button?
Not for me. Are you using the MyHD audio decoder or sending AC-3 to an external decoder?
post #35 of 73 Old 07-09-2005, 05:43 PM
Advanced Member

Sending the AC3 to an external decoder. PC Sound card, Analog cable selected, SPDIF selected on sound card output. I can click the speaker on the control panelbut nothing happens. Unless I'm having a senior moment I could have sworn that the speaker used to show a line through it or not depending on the mute status...
post #36 of 73 Old 07-09-2005, 05:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
mpenton--

Senior moment time, I think. S/PDIF outputs do not support mute (or volume control) as it's assumed to be controlled by the decoder.
post #37 of 73 Old 07-09-2005, 06:15 PM
Advanced Member

Yep, it was a moment. I changed it from spdif to stereo and it could mute, even though it is still driven over the spdif to the receiver. I normally record in the background while watching a movie or Sage and playback the files with TT. Upgraded to the new version and set it to spdif instead...It does still record the entire ts stream even if MyHD is set to stereo so that if it's broadcast with dd 5.1 that get's recorded?

PS Thanks
post #38 of 73 Old 07-09-2005, 06:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

The captured file is not affected by the AV setup settings.
post #39 of 73 Old 07-10-2005, 11:24 PM
Advanced Member

i just installed the latest app & drivers, & now my remote doesn't work. it isn't detected at startup. i have an abit ic7-max3 mobo & a serial myhd ir receiver. since the mobo doesn't have a serial port, i bought a serial-to-usb adapter, which worked for me with the previous myhd driver (1.64u). i uninstalled the old app & driver manually before installing the new app & driver. my friend has the same setup that i do, & he encountered the exact same problem with his ir receiver ceasing to work after installation of the new drivers. does anyone have a fix for this? thanks.
post #40 of 73 Old 07-11-2005, 07:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

kpoon--

My guess is that this has to do with the new installer's checking for both USB and serial MyIRC receivers. Do you have the serial port configured to be COM1 or COM2 in Device Manager? If not, that might fix things after you re-install the new MyHD sw.
post #41 of 73 Old 07-12-2005, 08:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson
Do you have the serial port configured to be COM1 or COM2 in Device Manager? If not, that might fix things after you re-install the new MyHD sw.
that worked. thanks! you don't realize how convenient the remote is until it stops working.
post #42 of 73 Old 07-14-2005, 06:08 PM
Advanced Member

This is a warning for those installing ATI Catalyst 5.7 on a system with MyHD 1.65.2E. I did the usual driver uninstall, reboot, driver install, reboot procedure. After that, MyHD crashed on startup. I reinstalled the MyHD driver and app on top of the existing installation and rebooted. After that, the app is running normally again, so it was a minor setback.

Brian

Hook 'em Horns! 2005 National Champions!
post #43 of 73 Old 07-15-2005, 04:48 PM

Does anybody else has a problem with titantv watch now? Meaning that when I click on the icon "watch" in titantv guide, MyHD will not change the channel, there is some kind of a window poping up for a fragment of a second, but that's all.

On the other subject, is there a way to change the channel with the keyboard or remote directly to digital channel like 33-1. What I mean is if I have channel 33 and 33-1, how do I enter 33-1 directly without going to 33 first and then using arrow up?

thanx,
art
post #44 of 73 Old 07-15-2005, 04:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by art crazy
Does anybody else has a problem with titantv watch now? Meaning that when I click on the icon "watch" in titantv guide, MyHD will not change the channel, there is some kind of a window poping up for a fragment of a second, but that's all.
Check to make sure that TVVI files are registered to MyHD {edit: actually, they should point to TitanTVHelperApp.exe} in Windows Explorer.
Quote:
On the other subject, is there a way to change the channel with the keyboard or remote directly to digital channel like 33-1. What I mean is if I have channel 33 and 33-1, how do I enter 33-1 directly without going to 33 first and then using arrow up?
You can enter the actual rf channel number on the keypad and MyHD will redirect to the virtual channel.
post #45 of 73 Old 07-15-2005, 04:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

BTW, this thread is now obsolete, as Cliff has started a new one for the latest beta testing.
post #46 of 73 Old 07-15-2005, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Check to make sure that TVVI files are registered to MyHD in Windows Explorer.
Thanks for such a quick reply!
I changed it from "MIT TitanTV Helper Application" to "MyHD" and now I'm getting error that it cannot play "... program[1].tvvi". Should it be register to myhd or TitanTV Helper Application?

Quote:
You can enter the actual rf channel number on the keypad and MyHD will redirect to the virtual channel.
Thanks, that works great!
post #47 of 73 Old 07-15-2005, 05:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

TTVHA. See my edit above.
post #48 of 73 Old 07-25-2005, 05:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Maybe! You are the only person that can answer that question by trying it.
Bought a sound card with SPIDF out and problem solved. I no longer have audio drop outs during DVD playback.

A big surprise was that the MYHD app is much more responsive (not just DVDs).

I can switch between MYHD SPIDF and sound card SPIDF and the difference in response time is noticable! It would seem the MYHD SPIDF causes some sluggishness.

I wish I had done this sooner!
post #49 of 73 Old 07-25-2005, 05:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

...and I wish that M.K. would fix it (the sluggishness)! :(
post #50 of 73 Old 07-25-2005, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
...and I wish that M.K. would fix it (the sluggishness)! :(
What the hell are you talking about? Do you mean the slow jump between files when playback is paused?
post #51 of 73 Old 07-25-2005, 06:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
What the hell are you talking about? Do you mean the slow jump between files when playback is paused?
Yes, and in all the menu lists whenever the file list is slowed down (by selecting MyHD SPDIF audio). I figure that the slowdown must be system dependent, because if it were as noticible on all as it is on my HTPC it would've been fixed by now, as here it's a genuine PITA.
post #52 of 73 Old 07-25-2005, 08:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yes, and in all the menu lists whenever the file list is slowed down (by selecting MyHD SPDIF audio). I figure that the slowdown must be system dependent, because if it were as noticible on all as it is on my HTPC it would've been fixed by now, as here it's a genuine PITA.
Terry,

I have always used MyHD's SPDIF output, and have not seen DVD audio dropouts or a slowdown. Just out of curiosity, do you use the output from the 130 or the DVI card. I use the DVI card output.

-Dave
post #53 of 73 Old 07-25-2005, 10:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPlettner
Terry,

I have always used MyHD's SPDIF output, and have not seen DVD audio dropouts or a slowdown. Just out of curiosity, do you use the output from the 130 or the DVI card. I use the DVI card output.

-Dave
That's very interesting, Dave, and supports my notion that the problem is system dependent. I don't have the DVI card, so my testing has all been with the coax S/PDIF on the MDP itself. I also haven't tested extensively DVD playback, so I'm not sure about occasional dropouts. However, the pronounced menu slowdown occurs (with some hysteresis effects if you toggle between MyHD and Soundcard outputs) during a paused display when using MyHD S/PDIF. Scrolling through a moderately long playlist becomes a test of patience. My experience of the audio itself, both live and file playback, via the MDP S/PDIF has been very good, but I've moved to using the Soundcard S/PDIF route primarily because of the menu-sloth bug.
post #54 of 73 Old 07-26-2005, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
That's very interesting, Dave, and supports my notion that the problem is system dependent. I don't have the DVI card, so my testing has all been with the coax S/PDIF on the MDP itself. I also haven't tested extensively DVD playback, so I'm not sure about occasional dropouts. However, the pronounced menu slowdown occurs (with some hysteresis effects if you toggle between MyHD and Soundcard outputs) during a paused display when using MyHD S/PDIF. Scrolling through a moderately long playlist becomes a test of patience. My experience of the audio itself, both live and file playback, via the MDP S/PDIF has been very good, but I've moved to using the Soundcard S/PDIF route primarily because of the menu-sloth bug.

Terry,

Following your instructions, I do see a slowdown. I don't use the play file list, so normally I don't do a lot of menu scrolling.

I loaded 16 items into the list. With playback paused and PC Soundcard selected, I can scroll through the list in about 3 seconds. When MyHD SPDIF is selected, it takes about 12 seconds.

-Dave
post #55 of 73 Old 07-26-2005, 08:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPlettner
Terry,

Following your instructions, I do see a slowdown. I don't use the play file list, so normally I don't do a lot of menu scrolling.

I loaded 16 items into the list. With playback paused and PC Soundcard selected, I can scroll through the list in about 3 seconds. When MyHD SPDIF is selected, it takes about 12 seconds.

-Dave
Ah, so it does appear when using the TOSlink output too. That is the type of slowdown I see, except that I do use the file list often--and I'm perpetually behind in my viewing, so that my list is more typically 40-60 items. :(
post #56 of 73 Old 07-26-2005, 08:50 AM

Quote:
So you have the "PC Soundcard" checked and "MyHD SPDIF" Unchecked?

Does that just send the digital audio through the PCI bus to the PC Soundcard? I thought about trying that, but I thought it would be lower quality or "processed" by windows. I'd be happy to find out my reservations were untrue.

Doug

Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!
post #57 of 73 Old 07-26-2005, 09:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Mohr
So you have the "PC Soundcard" checked and "MyHD SPDIF" Unchecked?

Does that just send the digital audio through the PCI bus to the PC Soundcard?
Yes, if you select "PC Soundcard" and "SPDIF" MyHD passes the unmodified AC-3 stream to the soundcard's S/PDIF output. The downside of that is that it's then possible for Windows' audio drivers to cause problems, such as dropouts.
post #58 of 73 Old 07-26-2005, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Nvidia 77.76 is supposed to have the overlay problem reported in this thread.

Joel
post #59 of 73 Old 07-27-2005, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Ah, so it does appear when using the TOSlink output too. That is the type of slowdown I see, except that I do use the file list often--and I'm perpetually behind in my viewing, so that my list is more typically 40-60 items. :(

Everything you guys are talking about was happening on my machine as well. Once I went to sound card output those 'menu sloth' problems went away. My fast forwards are also blazing fast!

As far as the DVD drop outs I can repeat the problem on the MYHD output at will. Once I select the sound card problem is gone. The opening scene of I, ROBOT was a good test for me.
post #60 of 73 Old 07-27-2005, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I have noticed the "menu sloth" bug as well, although I never attributed it to the onboard spdif out. I tried it running the digital through my soundcard but it is a POS SB Live 5.1 and I tend to get sync issues that way.

In that light, whats a good yet cheap sound card to accompany the MyHD. Solely for SPDIF out of DD/DTS and 2 ch PCM (I don't need analog or EAX crap).

-Suntan
Closed Thread Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page