PlayList_Manager & Record_This - Page 11 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #301 of 2788 Old 01-27-2006, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Using programming you need to create a waitable timer and then call SetWaitableTimer.
This example in c++ sets one 10 minutes from the current time but you could create one for 24 hours to get the schedule once a day.

GetLocalTime(&sTimeCurrent);
sTimeRecord = sTimeCurrent;
sTimeRecord.wMinute += 10; //Set the timer to go off 1 minute from current time
//Convert to a FILETIME
SystemTimeToFileTime(&sTimeRecord,&fLocalTime);

//Convert from local time to UTC time since the system works on UTC internally.
LocalFileTimeToFileTime(&fLocalTime,&fTime);

//Put time into a LARGE_INTEGER structure for the SetWaitableTimer function
liDueTime.HighPart = fTime.dwHighDateTime;
liDueTime.LowPart = fTime.dwLowDateTime;

//Create the WaitableTimer
hTimer = CreateWaitableTimer(NULL,TRUE,NULL);

//Set the timer with the required time
//Set the last parameter to true to wake up the computer if asleep
SetWaitableTimer(hTimer,&liDueTime, 0, NULL, NULL, TRUE);

Second method is actually alot easier: Use the windows scheduler to schedule Alans Process_all batch file. Set it to run once a day at your desired time. And make sure that advanced properties Wake the Computer to run this task is enabled.

If MyHD can wake your machine -- either of these two methods should work. Note some machines can wake from suspend and not Hibernate, some can work for both, and some for neither. It all depends on bios and APM/ACPI capabilities, your motherboard, and your ATX power supply version.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 2788 Old 01-29-2006, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_PDX View Post

Using programming you need to create a waitable timer and then call SetWaitableTimer.
This example in c++ sets one 10 minutes from the current time but you could create one for 24 hours to get the schedule once a day.

Belated thanks Paul.
post #303 of 2788 Old 01-29-2006, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Second method is actually alot easier: Use the windows scheduler to schedule Alans Process_all batch file. Set it to run once a day at your desired time. And make sure that advanced properties Wake the Computer to run this task is enabled.

Paul, The problem is not getting the computer to wake up to run the batch file, it is getting it to wake up for a recording job that has been scheduled by RT.
post #304 of 2788 Old 01-29-2006, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Terry get some info from MIT some time ago but I was only able to look at it in detail recently. After I got a comfortable feeling about what was going on underneath the hood I put the calls into RT. It will automatically call the update timer at termination. This is in case the machine goes to sleep. There are two new options at the global or machine/card level, Suspend and Hibernate. Since these commands cannot yet be sent to a remote host they cannot be put on remote records. I also fixed clear. Read what I wrote and try at your own peril. :<)

Part of the info Terry got showed us how to tell MYHD the capture list has been updated. This means RT can run while MYHD is. At termination RT will tap MYHD on the shoulder about this.

I'm working on my first service to fix the Task Manager problem. When I get it running I'll try and use it to pass the timer update and and Suspend/Hibernate commands to remote machines.

Record_This.zip 241.2890625k . file
post #305 of 2788 Old 01-30-2006, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtvincr View Post

Paul, The problem is not getting the computer to wake up to run the batch file, it is getting it to wake up for a recording job that has been scheduled by RT.

Once Record_this could got the machine to wake up it just needs to check if MYHD is running or not.

After storing a new schedule, set the wakeup time for the next scheduled show minus one or two minutes.

When it wakes up check if MyHD is running by using the function FindWindow to find MyHDs main process window. (You will need to use a Spy program like Spy++ to get details about the MyHD window to pass to FindWindow - Spy++ comes with Visual Studio you can get similar programs from SysInternals/Winternals site I think).

This plus the timer information lets you behave as a substiture for MyIRC to get MyHD started in this end case.

If MYHD's window is missing spawn it as an external process. If it is running do nothing.

Alternatively I believe MyHD can safely be restarted when it is already running and the second copy justs shuts itself down so after waking up it could just blindly start MyHD every time at the next scheduled program time.
post #306 of 2788 Old 01-30-2006, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Once Record_this could got the machine to wake up it just needs to check if MYHD is running or not.

See the post above yours!

Problem taken care of!
post #307 of 2788 Old 01-30-2006, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Paul,

We are using interfaces to MYHD that take care of everything. RT does not have to worry about waking up nothing. MyIRC is the process (as I surmised) that does it all. Pretty sure anyway.
post #308 of 2788 Old 01-30-2006, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Is that API public -- Has MIT finally started publishing anything useful to help those of us who have been automating our stuff with hacks?
post #309 of 2788 Old 01-30-2006, 06:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

Is that API public

No, it's actually covered by an NDA (hint to Allen ).
post #310 of 2788 Old 02-01-2006, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

OK, I admit it, I wimped out. In order to let RT build reservations that contain QAM channels I used the channel mapping table that has always been there but never used. This means the user has to build the mapping table knowing what the physical, virtual and sub channel values are. I don't have a cable connection so I cannot test a QAM channel. But I hope it works. I did test the table mechanism by building one using all my OTA values and let RT set up a schedule. MYHD recorded the program fine. As I understand it these values are available somewhere, TitanTV.

As Terry and Tim pointed out these values exist (may exist) in the registry but I opted for the table instead.

For the last 2 weeks I haven't had to use TitanTV or anything for the MYHD cards. The only 2 changes I made in the ini file were for the spelling of West Wing and Numbers. From Zap2It, Numbers is Numb3rs and West Wing is The West Wing. Fixed them tho, I used the PLM to put the names back to West Wing and Numbers.

Record_This.zip 241.2890625k . file
post #311 of 2788 Old 02-01-2006, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I thought I'd show how I built my table. The first block of data is from RT displaying the channels in Zap2It. The second block is the small table I entered in the ini file using the Zap2It info. Again, I understand that the physical number will be different and maybe the virtual and sub channel. I don't know.

<< 02/01/06 18:32:59 Store_channel: Channels 0 Int I19515.labs.zap2it.com Ext KTLADT/WB Virtual 5 Physical 31
<< 02/01/06 18:32:59 Store_channel: Channels 1 Int I19567.labs.zap2it.com Ext KCBSDT/CBS Virtual 2 Physical 60
<< 02/01/06 18:32:59 Store_channel: Channels 2 Int I19568.labs.zap2it.com Ext KNBCDT/NBC Virtual 4 Physical 36
<< 02/01/06 18:32:59 Store_channel: Channels 3 Int I19570.labs.zap2it.com Ext KABCDT/ABC Virtual 7 Physical 53
<< 02/01/06 18:32:59 Store_channel: Channels 4 Int I19653.labs.zap2it.com Ext KCOPDT/UPN Virtual 13 Physical 66
<< 02/01/06 18:32:59 Store_channel: Channels 5 Int I20364.labs.zap2it.com Ext KCALDT Virtual 9 Physical 43
<< 02/01/06 18:32:59 Store_channel: Channels 6 Int I20450.labs.zap2it.com Ext KTTVDT/Fox Virtual 11 Physical 65
<<
>> Channel WB 31 5 1
>> Channel CBS 60 2 1
>> Channel NBC 36 4 1
>> Channel ABC 53 7 1
>> Channel UPN 66 13 1
>> Channel KCALDT 43 9 1
>> Channel FOX 65 11 1
post #312 of 2788 Old 02-03-2006, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Allen,

Got any news (good\\bad) to share on Fusion support yet?

post #313 of 2788 Old 02-03-2006, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Ask again in a week. I'm 'working on' it, maybe 'working at' it. Not sure which. I wonder if that channel mapping table allowed anyone to get QAM channels.
post #314 of 2788 Old 02-03-2006, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ask again in a week. I'm 'working on' it, maybe 'working at' it. Not sure which.

I know what you mean.
Quote:

I wonder if that channel mapping table allowed anyone to get QAM channels.

Can't help you there. OTA only for me.

post #315 of 2788 Old 02-03-2006, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDB View Post

I have QAM, but havent as yet tried your program. Maybe this weekend I can tinker with it and post results.
post #316 of 2788 Old 02-03-2006, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have QAM but haven't tried it because I have been using TitanTV as well as testing out Tim's program. Maybe I will try yours as well. Is there some functional differences/additions that would indicate a desireability to go with your program? (I might any way to support. Currently using the PlaylistManager and really like it)
post #317 of 2788 Old 02-03-2006, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphArch View Post

I have QAM but haven't tried it because I have been using TitanTV as well as testing out Tim's program. Maybe I will try yours as well. Is there some functional differences/additions that would indicate a desireability to go with your program? (I might any way to support. Currently using the PlaylistManager and really like it)

Actually I'm surprised anyone would use RT because there is no user interface. But all I wanted is a daily stand alone job that runs unattended. And thats what it does. It does manage multiple machines (using MYHD cards) in a network. I'm feverishly trying to include Fusion but progress is hard to come by. Right now I'm trying alternate avenues like bribery and the like.

Since all development has been in the open I assume all the features that have been suggested in the forum exist in RT and Tim's MYHDAuto.
post #318 of 2788 Old 02-03-2006, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

The features between the two are very similar.

-Record_This has the "Time Block" feature that MyHDAuto doesn't.
-Until just recently MyHDAuto supported QAM where Record_This did not.
-MyHDAuto has the advantage at the moment because of the UI.

If Allen can get the Fusion supported that would be a major difference between the two apps. Of course I'm sure Allen would be happy to share this feature with Tim if\\once he gets it working?

The app that supports MyHD and Fusion OTA is the one I will use in the end when all of the dust settles, UI or not.

post #319 of 2788 Old 02-03-2006, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Like Allen does not have QAM, I don't not have a Fushion card. You are correct in that if someone wants to give me the details, I'll be happy to implement.
post #320 of 2788 Old 02-03-2006, 03:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Ditto on the Fusion support. I plan on recording all my programs using the Fusion and then using the playlist manager to move it over to the MYHD list.
post #321 of 2788 Old 02-03-2006, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldet5 View Post

Ditto on the Fusion support. I plan on recording all my programs using the Fusion and then using the playlist manager to move it over to the MYHD list.

I haven't looked at it yet but my bribery just produced some results. I'll look at it this weekend and get back here Monday.
post #322 of 2788 Old 02-03-2006, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I haven't looked at it yet but my bribery just produced some results. I'll look at it this weekend and get back here Monday.

Thank You Thank You!
post #323 of 2788 Old 02-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Advanced Member

i have been reading old post and am lost what exactly does this do Allen i have 2 myhds one is in living room and other in bedrom so will it serach both machines and combine the recordings somewhere
post #324 of 2788 Old 02-03-2006, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrmf View Post

i have been reading old post and am lost what exactly does this do Allen i have 2 myhds one is in living room and other in bedrom so will it serach both machines and combine the recordings somewhere

In this thread there are two programs being talked about, well. only one right now.

The thread was initially started to post and describe to some degree, the PLM. The PLM goes out to the network and builds a playlist out of all the files it finds at one machine for viewing. It has many, many options that are described in the ini file that comes with the exe. So yes, the PLM builds a single playlist from both machines.

Currently we are talking about RT. Like the PLM there is no GUI. You build a simple ini file with notepad and tell RT what to record. And it also has many options. It is meant to be a free standing program that you set up to run automatically every day without any operator intervention. It builds a reservation list for MYHD from the information in the ini file. There also is a program, MYHDAuto, that does the same thing that does have a GUI.

I hope this response is not too brief.
post #325 of 2788 Old 02-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

In this thread there are two programs being talked about...
I hope this response is not too brief.

Perfect. I'd say edit the first post (http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post6350329) and add paste it in there, spelling out "Record_This".
post #326 of 2788 Old 02-06-2006, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Can't insert a reservation yet. I have to fight a few more battles with .NET and find a sledge hammer big enough to defeat its (.NET) will. Which by the way means that .NET will have to be installed.

When I started analyzing the DB I found out that the Fusion software doesn't clean up. It appears it has every reservation ever made since it was last installed. I'm thinking about a cleanup process as one of the options.
post #327 of 2788 Old 02-06-2006, 09:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Allen, make sure that your analysis is based on the most recent (version 3.3) FusionHDTV app, as DVICO has been making quite a few changes in the past month or so and I wouldn't be surprised to find that they've changed the database substantially, since it's totally proprietary and undocumented to users.
post #328 of 2788 Old 02-06-2006, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post

Allen, make sure that your analysis is based on the most recent (version 3.3) FusionHDTV app, as DVICO has been making quite a few changes in the past month or so and I wouldn't be surprised to find that they've changed the database substantially, since it's totally proprietary and undocumented to users.

That has been in the back of my mind. I'm going to follow thru using the version I have. Hopefully the experience gained will allow me to move on to 3.3 a little more easily than what I'm going thru right now.
post #329 of 2788 Old 02-06-2006, 09:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Sorry, I probably shoulda mentioned that the 3.3 version was officially released today on DVICO's website. See the new 3.3 thread for the URL if you don't already have it b'marked.
post #330 of 2788 Old 02-06-2006, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post

Sorry, I probably shoulda mentioned that the 3.3 version was officially released today on DVICO's website. See the new 3.3 thread for the URL if you don't already have it b'marked.

Been there (Dvico) twice today and saw it. So I'll do two versions and hopefully be able to dynamically execute the right code.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page