PlayList_Manager & Record_This - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 2788 Old 02-12-2006, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A couple more things. Its really Q&D if you get the drift. I'm am astounded that it looks to be working considering nothing in the registry has been set. I do go there to find Fusions channel name.

I asked MIT and got no response. I'm still on 2.99 but they just released 3.3. So the question I asked is,,,, is the DB the same? Guess we'll have to test and see.

Back to the file title. Realized while walking the dog that since I'm building the title I could as well use the routines from MYHD and the MYHD settings and build the title any way we want without any big deal. Just have to do more testing first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 2788 Old 02-12-2006, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

And the last thing I forgot,,,,, while there are specific ways for managing remote registries I haven't seen the like for remote DBs. I'll put the hostname in front of the DB path and hope for the best. My Fusion is in the main machine, not the networked one. Out of curiosity any networked Fusion cards?
post #363 of 2788 Old 02-12-2006, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post

I think that would be a "yes!"

I second that Yes!!
post #364 of 2788 Old 02-12-2006, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

is it useful enough to post?

It sounds like it's ready for an Alpha release to me. Let us take a look at it and give you some feed back while you take a much needed break.
Quote:

I asked MIT and got no response.

I hope you didn't ask MIT about a DVICO question!
Quote:

So the question I asked is,,,, is the DB the same?

I took a quick look at the DB the other day when I installed v3.3 and the DB looked the same as v3.0.02.

post #365 of 2788 Old 02-12-2006, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris Moore View Post

It sounds like it's ready of an Alpha release to me. Let us take a look at it and give you some feed back while you take a much needed break.I hope you didn't ask MIT about a DVICO question! I took a quick look at the DB the other day when I installed v3.3 and the DB looked the same as v3.0.02.

Opps! Yes, that be DVICO.
post #366 of 2788 Old 02-12-2006, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphArch View Post

Well to me its not too subtle. I turned off the firewall - turned off the antivirus - and still couldn't get it tp run again except that very first time.

I may have found the problem with the XML name. Fix it with the first Fusion try.
post #367 of 2788 Old 02-12-2006, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDB View Post

I may have found the problem with the XML name. Fix it with the first Fusion try.

Great - I will hold off till then
post #368 of 2788 Old 02-12-2006, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'm soooooo confused. I tried to record 5 minutes from every channel I had and could not get anything to happen. The recordings showed up in Fusion's display but when the time rolled around nothing happened. Then I just tried recording several programs this afternoon. Again nothing happened when at the start time. Not going to release a piece of crap even if it fixes the xml filename problem. Then an amazing thing happened. About 2 hours after I entered the afternoon/evening recordings Fusion popped up and started recording. It skipped the first 2 or so but started on one that was later. What I'm saying is that give or take an hour or so/more it appears new reservation cannot be too soon. Now this is something that can be played around with.

So I'll duck my head and put it out there. There has been several subtle changes in some syntax on the program name entries. I was using the block time and NotSeen and quickly realized NotSeen/Reruns should be on the program entry. They still work at the global level. If one has a compare program save the previous ini file and run the compare program to see the changes.

There is no conflict checking (that was done from registry settings) but I hope to solve that issue when I get around to implementing the,,,,,,,,,,, use the second card feature.

Record_This.zip 241.2890625k . file
post #369 of 2788 Old 02-12-2006, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The one new option is DBPath where the path to the database is entered.

I see that I did not update the examples in the ini file. Done.
post #370 of 2788 Old 02-12-2006, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Allen,

No worky for me.

When I try include 'local Fusion ant1' I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library dialog. Debug Error! abnormal program termination. Press Retry to debug the application.

Edit: I wonder if this has to do with the v3.3 DB. Anyone with v3.3 got this to work yet? Not eager to uninstall v3.3 and put v3.0.02 back on to find out.

Edit: Installed v3.00.02. Same results... abnormal program termination when I try to include Fusion support.

post #371 of 2788 Old 02-13-2006, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Allen,

No worky for me.

When I try include 'local Fusion ant1' I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library dialog. Debug Error! abnormal program termination. Press Retry to debug the application.

Edit: I wonder if this has to do with the v3.3 DB. Anyone with v3.3 got this to work yet? Not eager to uninstall v3.3 and put v3.0.02 back on to find out.

Edit: Installed v3.00.02. Same results... abnormal program termination when I try to include Fusion support.

Bummer.

Is that ">>local Fusion" followed by some program entries? I can't remember, does the Fusion card have multiple connections? Wondering about the ant1 option, try removing it.

If I include OutputDebugString could you run DebugView and send me the output?

It is working for me as long as I don't make any reservation within 2 hours of the actual insertion. I just asked Dvico about this but I think they are ignoring me.
post #372 of 2788 Old 02-13-2006, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Wondering about the ant1 option, try removing it.

Tried that, no difference.

Quote:

If I include OutputDebugString could you run DebugView and send me the output?

Yes. I'll get DebugView installed.

post #373 of 2788 Old 02-13-2006, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Tried that, no difference.

Yes. I'll get DebugView installed.

And this is the first exe post after I uninstalled VS 6.0 dabbled with VS 2005 and eventually reinstalled VS 6.0. Maybe I need to set the build environment to default.
I'll do that too.
post #374 of 2788 Old 02-14-2006, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Do I need to install the .NET 1.1 framework before I give the new RT a try?
post #375 of 2788 Old 02-14-2006, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldet5 View Post

Do I need to install the .NET 1.1 framework before I give the new RT a try?

I don't believe so. But I might be wrong.
post #376 of 2788 Old 02-14-2006, 04:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Allen - looks like your changes made it workable for me

Obviously I don't know what I am doing with it (all my channels are QAM) - but it does look like it runs and now accesses the xml file

Boston legal ended up scheduled on myhd schedule - I assume its abc and it ended up on my ads channels automatically somehow - even though the only channels I fed it were the hd qam channels versus inputting the ads

but it did find and schedule it on "Channel 27" which is WJLA ads for our local abc

MYHD_Record_This_Log.txt 109.193359375k . file
post #377 of 2788 Old 02-15-2006, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Allen - looks like your changes made it workable for me

Obviously I don't know what I am doing with it (all my channels are QAM) - but it does look like it runs and now accesses the xml file

Boston legal ended up scheduled on myhd schedule - I assume its abc and it ended up on my ads channels automatically somehow - even though the only channels I fed it were the hd qam channels versus inputting the ads

but it did find and schedule it on "Channel 27" which is WJLA ads for our local abc

If I had cable I could have seen this problem before. The channel table contains two entries for ABC and probably others. It scheduled the first Boston Legal it found which was WJLA, not WJLADT. What is 'ads'?

So if there are multiple channels to the same network RT needs to know which to use and which to ignore. If RT had used WJLADT then the mapping entry you made would have been found and hopefully the correct QAM channel used.
post #378 of 2788 Old 02-15-2006, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If I had cable I could have seen this problem before. The channel table contains two entries for ABC and probably others. It scheduled the first Boston Legal it found which was WJLA, not WJLADT. What is 'ads'?

So if there are multiple channels to the same network RT needs to know which to use and which to ignore. If RT had used WJLADT then the mapping entry you made would have been found and hopefully the correct QAM channel used.

WJLA is the digital simulcast of the analog channel (ADS)- I currently get quite a few. If it were important to me I could delete those channels where I get the "real" HD digital from the channel list. But there are times where it would be nice to have the lower bit rate available of the ADS for recording versus the 10 gig an hour of the full blown digital.

I see where you are right though - it caught the first instance of the show and scheduled that. Since the ADS was first and the digital second it did not reschedule.

A little of my question focused on the designation of the desired channels. I thought I was doing that by only listing the channels of interest in the ini file - but RT went out and interrogated my xml file and found a number of channels. I didn't understand that part of it

Again - overall not that important to me - I prefer the GUI of MyHDAuto and I can quickly reset to what I want with that

I was just playing around with RT to try to test it our since you indicated you do not have QAM.
post #379 of 2788 Old 02-15-2006, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

WJLA is the digital simulcast of the analog channel (ADS)- I currently get quite a few. If it were important to me I could delete those channels where I get the "real" HD digital from the channel list. But there are times where it would be nice to have the lower bit rate available of the ADS for recording versus the 10 gig an hour of the full blown digital.

I see where you are right though - it caught the first instance of the show and scheduled that. Since the ADS was first and the digital second it did not reschedule.

A little of my question focused on the designation of the desired channels. I thought I was doing that by only listing the channels of interest in the ini file - but RT went out and interrogated my xml file and found a number of channels. I didn't understand that part of it

Again - overall not that important to me - I prefer the GUI of MyHDAuto and I can quickly reset to what I want with that

I was just playing around with RT to try to test it our since you indicated you do not have QAM.

Thanks.
post #380 of 2788 Old 02-15-2006, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Anybody catch House last night? If I recall correctly it started 3 minutes after the hour and ran 62 minutes. This means it ran 5 minutes into the next hour. It's getting crazy.
post #381 of 2788 Old 02-15-2006, 09:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Anybody catch House last night? If I recall correctly it started 3 minutes after the hour and ran 62 minutes. This means it ran 5 minutes into the next hour. It's getting crazy.

I did...yeah, pretty unusual schedule. myHD-Auto picked it up nicely. Titan says it had a running time of 62 minutes, but xmltv said 60. I watched it live while recording, and it only ran 60 minutes, so the news here started at ~9:03 CST.
post #382 of 2788 Old 02-15-2006, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

All I gotta do is say I never seen it and the universe is out to get me!
post #383 of 2788 Old 02-16-2006, 06:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

All I gotta do is say I never seen it and the universe is out to get me!

Can you please say that you've never seen me find a million dollars?
post #384 of 2788 Old 02-17-2006, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Finally had a chance to try the latest RT.

The program runs until it has something to schedule and then it bombs out. I get the above mentioned debug error.

Also, I have never seen sengsational (Dale?) give me a million dollars
post #385 of 2788 Old 02-20-2006, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Finally had a chance to try the latest RT.

The program runs until it has something to schedule and then it bombs out. I get the above mentioned debug error.

Also, I have never seen sengsational (Dale?) give me a million dollars

Gosh, its only been a week or so but I think that version was one of the first to handle Fusion cards. Cris and are buried deep trying to automate the process of setting the Program Number correctly. Program Number being something in the DB that Fusion needs.

One thing became quickly apparent, the formats of more than one piece of data changed with the 3.03 release. I want RT to handle both the previous (the one I'm on) and 3.03 so for now I added a new option for Fusion version. When we get the bugs out I'll post an RT that hopefully handles Fusion.
post #386 of 2788 Old 02-22-2006, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Gosh, its only been a week or so but I think that version was one of the first to handle Fusion cards. Cris and are buried deep trying to automate the process of setting the Program Number correctly. Program Number being something in the DB that Fusion needs.

One thing became quickly apparent, the formats of more than one piece of data changed with the 3.03 release. I want RT to handle both the previous (the one I'm on) and 3.03 so for now I added a new option for Fusion version. When we get the bugs out I'll post an RT that hopefully handles Fusion.

Wasn't being impatient. I thought you were still looking for feedback. Did you really mean 3.03? or did you mean 3.3?
post #387 of 2788 Old 02-23-2006, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Wasn't being impatient. I thought you were still looking for feedback. Did you really mean 3.03? or did you mean 3.3?

Feedback absolutely welcome. Yes, it looks like 3.3 after after looking at Digital Connections website. With Chris's forbearance, patience and everything else we have been able to make RT compatible with 2.99 and 3.3 and correctly pick up the Program Number. This Sat I will post a cleaned up version. For Fusion users using 3.3 it will require the option >> FusionVersion 3.3.

As soon as I get that out of the way I will implement the don't care feature.

List all the all the programs first that you want recorded but don't care which cards are used to record them. Then list the cards in the order you want used to record those programs. Lastly, if there is a special program that needs to be recorded by 'a' card then insert that program after that card when identifying the cards. Ex:

Program 1
Program 2
Program 3
>> Remote ForMYHD MYHD
Program 4
>> Local Fusion
>> MYHD

In the above example RT will first put Program 4 in the schedule for >> Remote ForMYHD MYHD and marked as not moveable. It will then try and put Programs 1,2,3 all on >>Remote ForMYHD MYHD card. If there are any conflicts they will be put on >> Local Fusion. If there are still any conflicts they will be put in >> Local MYHD. Have to be careful in that last case because that is the card I use for full time viewing of recorded material and TS things.

During the assigning process programs with oddball lengths and starts will be handled in such a manner that no program minutes should ever be lost.

As I pointed out to Cris the format of Program entries was tweaked;

You can now enter
Seinfeld [18:00-2300 NotSeen]

That means to record all Seinfelds from 6 PM to 11 PM if they have not been recorded before. Just made the syntax cleaner.

And again, much thanks to Cris for all his help.
post #388 of 2788 Old 02-26-2006, 08:58 AM

Hi Allen - I was just wondering if you were still going to post the update this weekend?
post #389 of 2788 Old 02-26-2006, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy81 View Post

Hi Allen - I was just wondering if you were still going to post the update this weekend?

That be affirmative.
post #390 of 2788 Old 02-26-2006, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

This is the next version of RT that implements the Fusion card. There are some configuration requirements. It requires a channel mapping table so RT can get to the correct Program Number. This table is built from information displayed by the ShowSubChannel option. For users of the most current software the FusionVersion 3.3 option is required.

If it is possible, save the old ini and run a compare program against it and the new ini to see the new info. Otherwise take some time to read it.

Getting back to the channel table, in this version of RT if the correct channel and sub channel cannot be found RT will insert a '1' as the program number. In the next version I'm thinking of logging a failure to insert reservation and why so the table probably needs too be built ASAP.

I've been using RT for the Fusion card for several weeks but only because I've been lucky in that the default of '1' for the program number has been working. But as Cris pointed out for many others that will cause a failure to record the correct program. I thank Cris again for the help and testing.

There has been no testing of QAM. I do expect this version to work with the Fusion card so I'm going to start on Don't Care.

But if there are problems please let me know.

Oh,,,,,,,,,,,, and rename the file to Record_This.zip. geeeeezz!

Record_This.txt 74.611328125k . file
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page