post #541 of 2788 Old 04-07-2006, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy81
RT stopped working today. Debug view comes on and tells me the program has to shutdown anyone else experience this?
There was a kinda obscure bug where previous reservations in the MYHD registry would cause a problem. This version fixes that problem. I didn't immediately post it waiting for a tad bit more testing.

Record_This.txt 74.611328125k . file
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 2788 Old 04-07-2006, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Description:
>>Clear does not appear to work if listed AFTER >> local MyHD

This works:
>> clear
>> local MyHD

This does not work:
>> local MyHD
>> clear

Cris

post #543 of 2788 Old 04-08-2006, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris Moore View Post

Description:
>>Clear does not appear to work if listed AFTER >> local MyHD

This works:
>> clear
>> local MyHD

This does not work:
>> local MyHD
>> clear

Cris

The documentation implicitly (by its order) if not explicitly, says the machine/cards and programs come after all options are entered. Think I should add a routine that when the 'Clear' option is entered to check to see if the cards had already been defined?
post #544 of 2788 Old 04-08-2006, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The documentation implicitly (by its order) if not explicitly, says the machine/cards and programs come after all options are entered. Think I should add a routine that when the 'Clear' option is entered to check to see if the cards had already been defined?

I had forgotten that it had been specified in the documentation to list cards after the options. I guess I need to RTFM again. :-)

It would be nice if, for order dependant items, that a message in the log file would indicate that the feature is being ignored or something when it is out of place.

post #545 of 2788 Old 04-08-2006, 10:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Allen, I finally got the opportunity to test the manual feature you added to Record This. Mostly, it seems to work (although the learning curve is bumpy if you weren't involved in the ZapIt-based features--gotta have that channel table, including the OTA entry, and oh yeah, don't forget the FusionVersion 3.3 entry). I can set weekly recordings, and recordings for today. But I can't seem to set recordings for a given date. When I specify something like:

TheTenCommandments [at 18:57-23:48 on ABC date 04/19/2006]

I get an error something like "Manual days already set."

*** 2 Feature Requests ***

1. Can you add a way to print out what would happen over say the next week if things don't change? I don't mean actually adding to the schedulers, just printing the output of the RT logic based on the ini file, as if all the days were being processed.

I generally have the opportunity to sit down once a week and go through the next week's schedule to set up my recordings. But I can't get a sanity check until the day of the active recordings.

2. Since you are explicitly adding the title to the schedulers, and you are only programming one-shot recordings, can I request a more customizable naming system? Currently, you are limited to the MyHD choices (which don't include what I'd like anyway), and the Fusion recordings don't even match them (the physical channel is put into those titles if you specify chnumber_...). But you can forego using the naming from MyHD and just specify the entire name (and just tell MyHD it's format is "title").

Anyway, here's my suggestion (and I've used filenamespec for backwards compatibility). I've tried to make this as simple to program in C as I could think of. Based on looking at the binary, it looks like you are using some version of printf, so I'm suggesting you just give the user the same type of options provided by that syntax. But in place of the d or s in the string, the user will pass a letter indicating the value to be inserted:

A=A or P from am/pm, a=a or p from am/pm (m or M added by user if desired)
D=numerical date, d=text day of week
H=24 hour time, h=12 hour time
M=numerical month, m=text month
N=channel name from stream, n=channel name from ini
P=physical channel number
S=subchannel number
T=program title
V=virtual channel number
Y=4 digit year, y=2 digit year

This sounds more complicated to implement than it is. Your algorithm would convert the number tags to d's and the text tags to s's (or c's in the case of the am/pm indicator). So, for example, my preferred format would be: %02M%02D-%T. This would be converted to "%02d%02d-%s" with the numerical month, the numerical date, and the title string pointer as the three arguments. For a show like: CSI [at 20:00-21:00 on CBS every U], I'd get "0406-CSI".

Some other examples:

<< April 3, 2006
>> channel NBC 41 5 1 OTA

>> filenamespec %02y%02M%02d-%04h%am-%V-%S-%T
News [at 06:00-06:30 on NBC every MTWUF]
<< "060403-0600am-5-1-News"

>> filenamespec %m %D %Y-%3d-%P-%S-%T
<< "April 3 2006-Mon-41-1-News"

>> filenamespec %N-%H-%T
<< "KXAS-DT-0600-News"

>> filenamespec %n-%H-%T
<< "NBC-0600-News"

<< Same as MyHD channel number, date, and title
>> filenamespec D%02V-%S(%02P)-%02M%02D-%T
<< "D05-1(41)-0403-News"

Note that given the potential complexity of this while working out a user's preference for the filename, it'd be nice if all the programs for the week were printed out, even if they weren't added to the schedulers. This is what request #1 above is about.

Xesdeeni
post #546 of 2788 Old 04-08-2006, 10:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Oh yeah, one other thing. I tried running RT as a scheduled task during system startup. It didn't appear to run (no .txt file). Is this a no-no?

Xesdeeni
post #547 of 2788 Old 04-09-2006, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xesdeeni View Post

Oh yeah, one other thing. I tried running RT as a scheduled task during system startup. It didn't appear to run (no .txt file). Is this a no-no?

Xesdeeni

Should be nothing to prevent starting it up at system boot time.
Maybe it needs a 'run in directory' attribute. It can't find the .ini file.

And I might speculate there is a txt file, its just under some folder or drive that you would not expect.
post #548 of 2788 Old 04-09-2006, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

An update on manual entries feature. Fixed the specific date problem. Added a new option called DisplayManual that goes after the manual entries. It looks like DisplayManual x where x is the number of days to display. And letting known that there has been an option called 'Test'. Put it early in the ini file and it prevents all writes to the registry and Fusion database. It causes nothing to be done.

post #549 of 2788 Old 04-09-2006, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Allen,

How is RT suppose to handle it when a show is shown multiple times throughout the day and you are using the NotSeen option with no TimeBlock specified?

Example:
PBS show is on multiple times during a day. It is NOT in the NotSeen file yet.

Possibility 1: (current way RT handles it)
RT sees that it is NOT in the NotSeen file and schedules all of the shows listed for that day. Result, multiple reservations for the same show.

Possibility 2: (preferred way for RT to handle it)
RT sees that it is NOT in the NotSeen file and schedules the first occurance. When it goes to schedule the second instance it see that it IS in the NotSeen file and does not schedule any more reservations for that show.

Cris

post #550 of 2788 Old 04-09-2006, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Allen,

How is RT suppose to handle it when a show is shown multiple times throughout the day and you are using the NotSeen option with no TimeBlock specified?

Example:

RT sees that it is NOT in the NotSeen file and schedules all of the shows listed for that day. Result, multiple reservations for the same show.

RT sees that it is NOT in the NotSeen file and schedules the first occurance. When it goes to schedule the second instance it see that it IS in the NotSeen file and does not schedule any more reservations for that show.

Cris

Sure should work like outlined in #2. Maybe I don't update the file until too late for the subsequent schedule to see. Look at it.
post #551 of 2788 Old 04-09-2006, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Allen,

Example:

Cris

It should work like #2. RT immediately puts the newly scheduled program in the file. It should then be seen by the next program. Have we scrutinized the dates of these programs and verified they are the same First Seen dates? That is the field RT is driven by.
post #552 of 2788 Old 04-09-2006, 08:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It should work like #2. RT immediately puts the newly scheduled program in the file. It should then be seen by the next program.

I was thinking that was the way it worked too. Just wanted to double check.
Quote:

Have we scrutinized the dates of these programs and verified they are the same First Seen dates?

OK this appears to be the culprit. For the show that was scheduled multiple times there is NO field for it in the XML file.

So no bug then. I let my friend know whats going on.

Thanks for looking into that for me Allen.

Cris

post #553 of 2788 Old 04-09-2006, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for looking into that for me Allen.
Cris

No problemo.
post #554 of 2788 Old 04-10-2006, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I was thinking that was the way it worked too. Just wanted to double check. OK this appears to be the culprit. For the show that was scheduled multiple times there is NO field for it in the XML file.
Cris

I'm at work now (4 more days) but I thought the NotSeen option will not process/include programs without a First Shown date. Look at it again when I get home.
post #555 of 2788 Old 04-10-2006, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDB View Post

An update on manual entries feature. Fixed the specific date problem. Added a new option called DisplayManual that goes after the manual entries. It looks like DisplayManual x where x is the number of days to display. And letting known that there has been an option called 'Test'. Put it early in the ini file and it prevents all writes to the registry and Fusion database. It causes nothing to be done.

Wow! You updated this faster than I can check it out. I'll try to get this tested tonight.

How annoying was the filename request? ;-)

Xesdeeni
post #556 of 2788 Old 04-10-2006, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

How annoying was the filename request? ;-)
Xesdeeni

Not annoying. Just thinking about the block of time needed to look into and do it.
post #557 of 2788 Old 04-10-2006, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

I'll take a stab at a routine to do it, with placeholders for the variables. Unless you'd rather not.

Xesdeeni
post #558 of 2788 Old 04-10-2006, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'll take a stab at a routine to do it, with placeholders for the variables. Unless you'd rather not.

Xesdeeni

That would be absolutely fine. You are suggesting a piece of code I can add to RT, right?
post #559 of 2788 Old 04-10-2006, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Grrr.

I had "The Ten Commandments" listed in my INI file but it was skipped because RT considers it a "rerun". The Zap2it XML data has the field specified as 2006 instead of a real date.

I updated the INI file to include [reruns] for the show so that RT would pick it up. It sucks that we have these great tools but get screwed by invalid, missing, or incomplete data in the XML file.

Cris

post #560 of 2788 Old 04-10-2006, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Grrr.

I had "The Ten Commandments" listed in my INI file but it was skipped because RT considers it a "rerun". The Zap2it XML data has the field specified as 2006 instead of a real date.

I updated the INI file to include [reruns] for the show so that RT would pick it up. It sucks that we have these great tools but get screwed by invalid, missing, or incomplete data in the XML file.

Cris

Wait a minute, that was on last night????? I also wanted to record it but didn't see it.
post #561 of 2788 Old 04-10-2006, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Wait a minute, that was on last night????? I also wanted to record it but didn't see it.

No it wasn't on last night. It's on tonight and tomorrow. If it wasn't for the fact that I verifiy EACH days schedule in the morning I would have missed it.

post #562 of 2788 Old 04-10-2006, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No it wasn't on last night. It's on tonight and tomorrow. If it wasn't for the fact that I verifiy EACH days schedule in the morning I would have missed it.

In that case TYVM!!!!
post #563 of 2788 Old 04-10-2006, 12:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Cris and Allen--

I don't know about the XMLTV feed, but the XTVD feed that CW_EPG is using has differently coded date info for TV shows and movies. The first-aired info is blank for movies, while they have a different field for year that's filled in. For TV shows, it's vice versa. Is it possible that RT is combining those two or are they combined before RT gets its shot at the data?
post #564 of 2788 Old 04-10-2006, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

I think this problem can be solved if RT handles movies differently from TV shows. It seems movies only have "year" specified for , i.e. 2006 where as TV shows have a show date, i.e. 4/10/2006. If RT were changed such that for items with only a year (i.e. movies) were always treated as "new" and always scheduled that might work. I mean after all you don't typically have movies listed for weekly scheduling, they are one-offs. I suppose also that any item with NO field might also be treated as new and always scheduled.

post #565 of 2788 Old 04-10-2006, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If RT were changed such that for items with only a year (i.e. movies) were always treated as "new" and always scheduled that might work. ...... I suppose also that any item with NO field might also be treated as new and always scheduled.

Cris,
This is exactly how I handle it in CW_EPG. My problem that has to be fixed now is the "New To Me" does not look at multi-part programs. So the first will be marked and the rest will not be scheduled.
post #566 of 2788 Old 04-10-2006, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think this problem can be solved if RT handles movies differently from TV shows. It seems movies only have "year" specified for , i.e. 2006 where as TV shows have a show date, i.e. 4/10/2006. If RT were changed such that for items with only a year (i.e. movies) were always treated as "new" and always scheduled that might work. I mean after all you don't typically have movies listed for weekly scheduling, they are one-offs. I suppose also that any item with NO field might also be treated as new and always scheduled.

If there is no date I think it WILL/should get recorded. I'll dig into the other issue of movies versus series.
post #567 of 2788 Old 04-10-2006, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDB
That would be absolutely fine. You are suggesting a piece of code I can add to RT, right?
Yeah. This is ugly, but it seems to work with very minimal testing. You'll have to wedge in your variables.

Xesdeeni

RecordThisFilename.zip.txt 2.1953125k . file
post #568 of 2788 Old 04-10-2006, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have a version that treats a date of less then 8 characters as no date. It scheduled The Ten Commandments. Should I go with that solution and post it?

There is a field deep in the xml that looks like it identifies movies but the short date change needs to be made anyway. So I'm not sure where I would go with it.
post #569 of 2788 Old 04-10-2006, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Sounds good to me. I'll take a copy.

I didn't see anything additional in the XML file that would help. For items like movies and shows that don't have a show date you just have to treat them as always new and schedule them otherwise shows will get missed.

post #570 of 2788 Old 04-10-2006, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

This version of RT treats a First Shown date of less then 8 characters as no date.

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page