post #901 of 2788 Old 08-30-2006, 05:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post

Ahem. I said "such as MyHD.exe". There are many apps that will refuse a sleep request, including...(are you ready?)...FusionHDTV.exe, which had better run on your machine.

Well, it kind of defeats the purpose if I run and then later kill the application I'm using to record.

I'll have to find something, or use the above app.

Xesdeeni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 2788 Old 08-30-2006, 05:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDB View Post

My first suggestion is that the db be analyzed or displayed by some other tool. See if another program can display entries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAXKID View Post

i tried your entry for house on the local fusion in my ini using different channel names and had no errors. the only way, i found, to duplicate your error was to have already scheduled the entry. are you running the RT twice? that would try to schedule twice resulting in the "not inserted, DB access failure" error.

i copy and pasted your exact entry into my ini, except for changing the channel name.

i tried your db path statement also and it worked here also.

OK, I guess I should have been more clear.

I have a Fusion and MyHD on the HTPC. I have another Fusion on the remote computer.

I have the priority set to:
- Local Fusion
- Remote Fusion
- Local MyHD

The following shows are all scheduled for the same time:
+ House is meant to go to the Local Fusion.
+ Veronica Mars is meant to go to the Remote Fusion.
+ The Knights of Prosperity and Help Me Help You are meant to go to the Local MyHD.

All the databases are empty before I run RT (once) and I get the above log file.

The program which fails to schedule is "Help Me Help You" on the MyHD! The Knights of Prosperity is scheduled.

I can't tell from the error message, which reservation it thinks fails. But none of the Fusion reservations fail (does it go with the show above or below!?).

If I run RT a second time, it complains about the already scheduled shows, but it then DOES schedule Help Me Help You.
Quote:

Make any recent changes to your schedule? I'm groping here.

Honestly, I probably didn't check every show last week. I saw a bunch of shows recorded, checked to see if any were 0 bytes, and trusted everything was in place.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug. Sorry.

Xesdeeni
post #903 of 2788 Old 08-30-2006, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xesdeeni View Post

OK, I guess I should have been more clear.

I have a Fusion and MyHD on the HTPC. I have another Fusion on the remote computer.

I have the priority set to:
- Local Fusion
- Remote Fusion
- Local MyHD

The following shows are all scheduled for the same time:
+ House is meant to go to the Local Fusion.
+ Veronica Mars is meant to go to the Remote Fusion.
+ The Knights of Prosperity and Help Me Help You are meant to go to the Local MyHD.

All the databases are empty before I run RT (once) and I get the above log file.

The program which fails to schedule is "Help Me Help You" on the MyHD! The Knights of Prosperity is scheduled.

I can't tell from the error message, which reservation it thinks fails. But none of the Fusion reservations fail (does it go with the show above or below!?).

If I run RT a second time, it complains about the already scheduled shows, but it then DOES schedule Help Me Help You.Honestly, I probably didn't check every show last week. I saw a bunch of shows recorded, checked to see if any were 0 bytes, and trusted everything was in place.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug. Sorry.

Xesdeeni

"Fusion_Reservation: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Not inserted, DB access failure"

the log says fusion. so it looks like RT has gone back to the local fusion to schedule the fourth program(Help Me Help You) even though it seems to list it going to the myhd here:
"08/29/06 19:30:15 Insert_Here: Program 3 on local MYHD"

RT can't schedule that program on the "local fusion" because of the time conflict with "08/29/06 19:30:15 Assign_Reservations: Program 0 19:57 21:03 8 House" which has already taken up that time. that is the reason for the "Fusion_Reservation: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Not inserted, DB access failure" error.

so we know the mechanics of the error, now why doesn't RT keep looking for the open card which is the MYHD?

-----------
post #904 of 2788 Old 08-30-2006, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

the log says fusion. so it looks like RT has gone back to the local fusion to schedule the fourth program(Help Me Help You) even though it seems to list it going to the myhd here:

RT can't schedule that program on the "local fusion" because of the time conflict with "08/29/06 19:30:15 Assign_Reservations: Program 0 19:57 21:03 8 House" which has already taken up that time. that is the reason for the "Fusion_Reservation: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Not inserted, DB access failure" error.

So is this for the show before or after the error line? (Allen, maybe you can put the show title on that line for us dimwits.)
Quote:

so we know the mechanics of the error, now why doesn't RT keep looking for the open card which is the MYHD?

And why didn't it have the same error with "The Knights of Prosperity," which also should have conflicted with the Fusion reservations?

And why would it try to schedule "Help Me Help You," which is back-to-back on the same channel as "The Knights of Prosperity" on a different device?

And why didn't it have the same error (it then was able to schedule "Help Me Help You" on the MyHD) when RT was run after the other three shows were scheduled?

Xesdeeni
post #905 of 2788 Old 08-30-2006, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So is this for the show before or after the error line? (Allen, maybe you can put the show title on that line for us dimwits.)And why didn't it have the same error with "The Knights of Prosperity," which also should have conflicted with the Fusion reservations?

And why would it try to schedule "Help Me Help You," which is back-to-back on the same channel as "The Knights of Prosperity" on a different device?

And why didn't it have the same error (it then was able to schedule "Help Me Help You" on the MyHD) when RT was run after the other three shows were scheduled?

Xesdeeni

normally the show that didn't get in, is before the error, in this case "Help Me Help You" didn't get listed, that's what threw me off the first time.

"The Knights of Prosperity," was scheduled on the
myhd as it was supposed to be scheduled. simple as 1,2,3

the problem arose when RT tries to continue with the scheduling for the last program in the list(Help Me Help You). RT log shows "Help Me Help You" should have gone to the MYHD, but something stopped it going there the first time thru so RT logically keeps looking for a place to put it and stops on the local fusion card, the next avaiable card, with an error. as i understand RT should have kept going to the next available card looking for an empty spot for the reservation.

the second RT run schedules the program on the open card, which is the MYHD.

if you put a minute between the two MYHD programs do you still get the error?

-----------
post #906 of 2788 Old 08-31-2006, 04:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm looking at this again.
post #907 of 2788 Old 08-31-2006, 04:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Looking at the compile date/time it looks like you don't have the latest RT. Post #826 fixed a problem with multiple card handling.

Now how does one post the URL to that entry.
post #908 of 2788 Old 08-31-2006, 06:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Looking at the compile date/time it looks like you don't have the latest RT. Post #826 fixed a problem with multiple card handling.

Well, kick my butt and call me "crackers."

I downloaded the latest version to my computer. Doesn't that mean it's automatically used by my clarivoyant PC!? Doh!
Quote:

I usually point at the post number and right-click. I then "Copy Link Location" (Firefox). I can then paste the URL:

Your text here

or

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=8279011#post8279011

obviously replacing < & > with [ & ] gives:

Your text here

or

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post8279011

Xesdeeni
post #909 of 2788 Old 08-31-2006, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

but your latest compile is in post 869 here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post8294011

or use the latest compile posted in the first post in this thread which includes the wakefusion app also.

-----------
post #910 of 2788 Old 08-31-2006, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

but your latest compile is in post 869 here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post8294011
or use the latest compile posted in the first post in this thread which includes the wakefusion app also.

Forgot about the U option release. I was specifically looking for the multiple card fix.
post #911 of 2788 Old 08-31-2006, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Actually, the U fix was the one I downloaded and...ahem...didn't install.

I'll check it this evening.

Xesdeeni
post #912 of 2788 Old 08-31-2006, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Well, crap! Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

I modified the INI so that Tuesday night's schedule was set up for today (Thursday). I don't get the same error as before, but I get a new one.

This time the local Fusion (House) and local MyHD (The Knights... and Help Me...) worked. But the remote Fusion (Veronica Mars) didn't. I get a DB error 0. Dunno what that means. I rebooted the machine and tried again, with the same (attached) result.

Xesdeeni

Record_This_Log.txt 7.765625k . file
post #913 of 2788 Old 08-31-2006, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well, crap! Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
I modified the INI so that Tuesday night's schedule was set up for today (Thursday). I don't get the same error as before, but I get a new one.
This time the local Fusion (House) and local MyHD (The Knights... and Help Me...) worked. But the remote Fusion (Veronica Mars) didn't. I get a DB error 0. Dunno what that means. I rebooted the machine and tried again, with the same (attached) result.
Xesdeeni

I thought you had this working in the past, the remote schedules were being made.
You said you had the drive shared. I would not have done it that way. I would have marked the folder FusionHDTV as shared. Actually I'm surprised XP allowed you to mark the drive. I thought I tried that in the past for other reasons and was prevented from doing so.

You might have to sort this out as the first conclusion I'm jumping to is that its not an RT problem.
post #914 of 2788 Old 08-31-2006, 05:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Allen, you can share a drive in XP--but you have to endure the MSFT nanny's scolding to do it.
post #915 of 2788 Old 08-31-2006, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member

FWIW, I have XP Pro on both PCs, and each PC has the same username and password. I don't share any drives or directories. I just use the hidden administrative share, which is enabled by default. This is my RemoteDBPath statement:

RemoteDBPath \\\\MediaPC\\c$\\Program Files\\DVICO\\FusionHDTV\\epg2list.mdb

Works great and I have had no problems.

-Dave
post #916 of 2788 Old 08-31-2006, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You might have to sort this out as the first conclusion I'm jumping to is that its not an RT problem.

Would that it were true....

I'm afraid nothing changed. It went like this. I came home. I checked both machines. I noted that all the Thursday night shows, 12 in all (see the comment out Thursday shows in the above log) were scheduled correctly from this morning at 12:15 am. I deleted all the reservations on the remote Fusion, local Fusion, and local MyHD. I replaced the Record_This.exe with the newest version. I modified the .INI so that the Tuesday night shows were now Thursday (see the above log). I ran RT. I got a log like the one above. I tried again, by deleting all the schedules again, double-checking the remote schedule, rebooting the remote machine, and running RT. The result was the above log.

So just for the heck of it, I'll revert to the previous RT. I've backed up the clock on both local and remote computers. I have to delete the reservations that re-appear for the Fusion. I'm re-running the latest RT for sanity. I get the same error message. The local Fusion and local MyHD are correct. The remote Fusion isn't touched (no reservation).

Now I delete all those reservations, and replace the RT with the previous one. Now I run this old RT, without changing ANYTHING else. I get the same old error, where one of the two shows that should be scheduled on the local MyHD isn't scheduled, but the other is. The local Fusion reservation is made. And on the remote computer, the reservation appears as it should. There is no "error 0" (whatever that means).

It seems there must be some change in RT.

Xesdeeni
post #917 of 2788 Old 09-01-2006, 05:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Would that it were true....
It seems there must be some change in RT.
Xesdeeni

Now that I realize that you have not been on the latest version and therefore have not verified the routine I added to handle multiple RemoteDBPath entries yes, something has changed. I'll have to post a version with debug for that function.
In a bit.
post #918 of 2788 Old 09-01-2006, 06:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Just contains debug output for Xesdeeni problem. Can you post the log after a test?? Hopefully I'll figure out whats goin' on. I thought you had tested this is why I went off on a tangent. Sorry and thanks.

Record_This.zip 241.2890625k . file
post #919 of 2788 Old 09-01-2006, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Just contains debug output for Xesdeeni problem. Can you post the log after a test?? Hopefully I'll figure out whats goin' on. I thought you had tested this is why I went off on a tangent. Sorry and thanks.

OK, I noted the mirror pointed squarely back at me. Major snafu on my part. Sorry.

I'll do my best to get to this tonight. But we are going out of town for the weekend, so I'll be preparing most of this evening. So unless I can sneak out of work early and run the test before the taskmas^g^g^g^g^g^g^gwife gets home, it'll be very late before I can get you the results.

And I won't be able to check further until Sunday evening (we're not staying until Monday).

Xesdeeni
post #920 of 2788 Old 09-01-2006, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I don't have a remote Fusion card but I put the DB on my remote machine and stepped thru the code. It successfully opened the remote db. It appears the routine I added to handle multiple RemoteDBPaths correctly pulls out the path for the matching remote machine and the db open succeeded. At least on my machine.
Guess we'll see.
post #921 of 2788 Old 09-01-2006, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

What is error 0?

Xesdeeni
post #922 of 2788 Old 09-01-2006, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Here you go. Does this help?

Xesdeeni

post #923 of 2788 Old 09-01-2006, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Maybe you should give me one with the old way and the new way for comparison?

Xesdeeni
post #924 of 2788 Old 09-01-2006, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xesdeeni
Maybe you should give me one with the old way and the new way for comparison? Xesdeeni
OK, its not failing opening the remote db, its failing accessing the remote registry. It does this right after successfully opening the db. Unfortunately the error code I displayed was not decoded. This exe should show the error explained. In the mean time I'll look at that zero. Would there be a reason RT can't get to the registry? But you say the old code ran fine. I just did some code comparisons after I saw it was the registry and found nothing unusual.

post #925 of 2788 Old 09-01-2006, 06:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDB
OK, its not failing opening the remote db, its failing accessing the remote registry. It does this right after successfully opening the db. Unfortunately the error code I displayed was not decoded. This exe should show the error explained. In the mean time I'll look at that zero. Would there be a reason RT can't get to the registry? But you say the old code ran fine. I just did some code comparisons after I saw it was the registry and found nothing unusual.
I have a feeling you're not going to like this log. It doesn't seem to make sense to me....

Xesdeeni

post #926 of 2788 Old 09-02-2006, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xesdeeni
I have a feeling you're not going to like this log. It doesn't seem to make sense to me....Xesdeeni
It doesn't make sense to me either but it tells me enough that we can try a work around until it does make sense.

And if this doesn't work I'll make another one that does. For now I can't see why I can't open a remote Fusion registry. Do MYHD all the time. But I tracked down why I was and its only to display the recording folder Fusion is using and we can certainly do with out that. Let me know what you find out. I can't easily simulate the registry stuff.

That last code file is not going to work either. It had stupid code.

I looked into this further. While I can't access Fusion registry entries because they are not there I should be able to open the remote registry. I took the stupid stuff back out and stepped thru the code again. On my machine its opens the remote db and it opens the remote registry and then fails trying to access the actual Fusion data which is not there. So I'm not sure where to go. If you can't see anything in your configuration that might be causing this I can take out accessing the remote Fusion stuff because, like I said, its only for display.

So throw away the code file from this post and go back back to the previous or release one.

And the reason the old code file ran fine is because when it is initializing a remote Fusion entry the code was opening the local Fusion registry.

And I forgot, you asked what zero meant. It means success. Go figure?????

post #927 of 2788 Old 09-02-2006, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It doesn't make sense to me either but it tells me enough that we can try a work around until it does make sense.

And if this doesn't work I'll make another one that does. For now I can't see why I can't open a remote Fusion registry. Do MYHD all the time. But I tracked down why I was and its only to display the recording folder Fusion is using and we can certainly do with out that. Let me know what you find out. I can't easily simulate the registry stuff.

i was wondering why you were trying to open the registry on the fusion machine also.

-----------
post #928 of 2788 Old 09-03-2006, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have a feeling you're not going to like this log. It doesn't seem to make sense to me....

Xesdeeni

allen, take a look at this line in the log file:
"09/01/06 17:52:12 Insert_Here: Program 1 at LAPTOP Fusion"

the remote fusion says "AT" instead of "ON". the local fusion reservations and the myhd reservations say "ON", is that a problem?

i have set up aother winxp sp2 home box with the same results as xesdeeni. i can edit the remote database using access but not using RT.

-----------
post #929 of 2788 Old 09-03-2006, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

allen, take a look at this line in the log file:
"09/01/06 17:52:12 Insert_Here: Program 1 at LAPTOP Fusion"
the remote fusion says "AT" instead of "ON". the local fusion reservations and the myhd reservations say "ON", is that a problem?
i have set up aother winxp sp2 home box with the same results as xesdeeni. i can edit the remote database using access but not using RT.

The 'on' and 'at' have no significance. Can you post your log?
post #930 of 2788 Old 09-03-2006, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDB
The 'on' and 'at' have no significance. Can you post your log?
i did a run with the 8/20/06 compile and the same using the 8/26/06 compile. hope this helps.
neither run put anything in the remote database. i have tried reversing the entries and a number of different versions of entering the remote db path and the remote fusion name with RT reporting the obvious errors.

as i said i have no problem editing the remote database using access which is only installed on the local machine, so the database is accessable and writeable from the local machine.

btw, i have a screen dump of the dos window while RT was running the 8/20/06 compile, if that is any help. normally this flashes by so fast, it is not noticed but the remote obviously slows down the process.

remotelogs.zip 4.607421875k . file

-----------
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page