post #91 of 2788 Old 12-02-2005, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDB
If you're so inclined and you generate the condition again would you mind posting the log.txt file?.
sure - ran it again with align - files in the y and w virtual directory are listed as missing

here is the resulting playlist:
MYHDPLIST1

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 2788 Old 12-02-2005, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphArch View Post

sure - ran it again with align - files in the y and w virtual directory are listed as missing

Thanks, I'll look at the log file this weekend.
post #93 of 2788 Old 12-06-2005, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDB View Post

Thanks, I'll look at the log file this weekend.

I've been looking at your data on and off for a couple of days. I see that the missing files are in folders that have spaces in the name. I'll look into that.

I need to get this fixed because, in spite of being ready to put it down, I really want get this next feature in. I've got files spread all over creation (many drives) and play them from wherever. What this means is that the available capacity on the drives changes. I want the PLM to set the recording folder to the drive with the most space. Got most of it sorted out, just need to figure one last unknown out. This will work across the network too. I'm referring to the MYHD recording folder, not Fusion. Fusion registry info in a bit harder to access.
post #94 of 2788 Old 12-06-2005, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
I want the PLM to set the recording folder to the drive with the most space.

Very interesting.

Another complexity that you could think about adding would be some kind of space buffer to leave on each drive for other things. I mean, say you normally use the D: drive as your recording folder, but you have the E: drive with an extra 60gig on it. On the E: drive you want to keep 20 gig open for other programs (space to rip a dvd or two to hold for processing, for example). You could put a limit to the E: drive (say 20 gig) at which point the folder would switch to a new drive or something.

-Suntan
post #95 of 2788 Old 12-06-2005, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan View Post

Very interesting.

Another complexity that you could think about adding would be some kind of space buffer to leave on each drive for other things. I mean, say you normally use the D: drive as your recording folder, but you have the E: drive with an extra 60gig on it. On the E: drive you want to keep 20 gig open for other programs (space to rip a dvd or two to hold for processing, for example). You could put a limit to the E: drive (say 20 gig) at which point the folder would switch to a new drive or something.

-Suntan

Along with a loud visual warning when there is no drive with enough space to continue recording.
post #96 of 2788 Old 12-06-2005, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Along with a loud visual warning when there is no drive with enough space to continue recording.

Plus the ability for it to go out to the kitchen and make me a grilled cheeze sandwich would be nice...
post #97 of 2788 Old 12-06-2005, 02:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Plus the ability for it to go out to the kitchen and make me a grilled cheeze sandwich would be nice...

Watch out! This could morph/mutate in the infamous Good Times virus!

- Phil
post #98 of 2788 Old 12-08-2005, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thats a bummer. While fixing the align problem I ran across this limitation. The command I use 'subst', does not carry thru reboots. I did fix the space in the folder name problem but I question its utility because of the boot problem and I can only align around 16 folders give or take. You can run the PLM at system initialization and it will restore the align virtual drives thereby getting around the boot problem. I'll keep thinking about other mechanisms.

And there is a new option for 'show', space. Enter 'show space' and a space will be inserted after the date/time field if its on the left or before if its on the right.

So this version doesn't have much in it but I couldn't work on the next feature knowing align had a problem with a space in the folder name.

Now I can work on changing MYHD's record folder to keep it pointed at the drive with the most space.

MYHDPlayListMgr.zip 53.587890625k . file
post #99 of 2788 Old 12-09-2005, 02:38 AM

Liked: 11
AllenDB,
I've been following this thread for some time now and I commend you for the work you're doing. However, for the life of me, I cannot figure out just how to use, or why I need this program. Is there a specific thread that will explain of do you plan a manual in the future.
Gary

Panasonic TC-P65VT60 (Cal by DNice)
Yamaha RX-V675
Yamaha 5.1 Surround Speakers
Yamaha LFE
PS3
XBox
Wii
Logitech Harmony 1100
Raspberry Pi running OpenELEC XBMC
post #100 of 2788 Old 12-09-2005, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in NY View Post

AllenDB,
I've been following this thread for some time now and I commend you for the work you're doing. However, for the life of me, I cannot figure out just how to use, or why I need this program. Is there a specific thread that will explain of do you plan a manual in the future.
Gary

When MYHD records a program it puts the file name into a list. Then on your TV you bring up this list and scroll thru it to select a program. The problem comes about when files are generated that MYHD is not aware of. They don't 'automatically' get put into the list. You can bring up MYHDs configuration screen and browse for them and manually add them to the playlist but that gets boring and tedious.

I have a Shuttle XPC box which does most of my recording but no playing. It is networked to the main box. Currently it has 5 large drives that the I have mapped on the main box where I play the stuff.

Now we get to the PLM. Basically you tell the program the folder(s) and or drives to search. It looks for ts/tp files and adds them to the play list. It does what you would have to do using the configuration screens of MYHD. That is its purpose.

If you only have one system and only MYHD generating tp files you probably do not need it. No plan for a manual. In the zip file there is an ini file that contains a description of the feature/options.
post #101 of 2788 Old 12-09-2005, 08:14 AM

AllenDB, I too like Gary in NY have read everything posted about the your PLM and can't figure it out. I downloaded it and tried just a few lines from the ini file (using MYHD card) and it seems to work looking at the log file. But when I look at my play list I see the same listing I would have gotten without your PLM. I didn't use the "Schedule" option because I interpreted it to help those with the Fusion card. I really like the playlist format from your program posted on this forum and would love to learn how to use the ini file to produce it. I really appreciate all the hard work you have done on this project to make our lives more enjoyable.
post #102 of 2788 Old 12-09-2005, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy8 View Post

AllenDB, I too like Gary in NY have read everything posted about the your PLM and can't figure it out. I downloaded it and tried just a few lines from the ini file (using MYHD card) and it seems to work looking at the log file. But when I look at my play list I see the same listing I would have gotten without your PLM. I didn't use the "Schedule" option because I interpreted it to help those with the Fusion card. I really like the playlist format from your program posted on this forum and would love to learn how to use the ini file to produce it. I really appreciate all the hard work you have done on this project to make our lives more enjoyable.

Did you post this before reading my response? As my post said if you 'just' have MYHD then the PLM is not of much use. It can add a date/time field to the title so you'll be able to see when a program had been recorded. You can rearrange the list into one of five orders. MYHD puts the last recorded file at the end of the list. Some want the most current at the beginning. The sort options do that. For those that have a hundred or so files (probably only me) maybe I don't want all those files put into the list.

Can you see some of the functionality?
post #103 of 2788 Old 12-09-2005, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

However, for the life of me, I cannot figure out just how to use, or why I need this program.

Even if you do only have a single pc with just the MyHD in it this program is usefull.

If you cut the commercials out of a .tp (that MyHD recorded) with HDTV2MPEG2 it would create a new .ts file. MyHD would not add this new file to your 'file' list, so you would have to manually add it. With Allen's program, it will just be there the next time you run this program.

Also, MyHD will list the title of the recorded program with the date it was recorded, but the date is all mashed together and, imo, more confusing than it is useful. Allen's program will automatically add the date in a legible form that is usefull.

-Edit-
@crazy8

You need to be exact in the lines typed into the ini file you use.

I too had nothing happening the first few time I tried to create a script for it. Some of the commands require something like "<<" or ">>" in front of them (I am doing this from memory as I am work so those exact symbols may not be right) and don't get the specific symbol needed confused with the symbol needed to turn a line into a comment line.

...hope that wasen't too confusing.

-Suntan
post #104 of 2788 Old 12-09-2005, 09:02 AM

Thanks! You answered my questions. I only have a MYHD card and I use HDTV2MPEG2 but I tell it to add the ext. tp. I do like the way PLM does the date so I will have to play around with it more. I wasn't using the "Show Date" option. Now if I could only automate HDTV2MPEG2 so I don't have to manually process each file. :-) I know "What a couch potato". :-)
post #105 of 2788 Old 12-09-2005, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I too had nothing happening the first few time I tried to create a script for it. Some of the commands require something like "<<" or ">>" in front of them (I am doing this from memory as I am work so those exact symbols may not be right) and don't get the specific symbol needed confused with the symbol needed to turn a line into a comment line.
-Suntan

A line that starts with "<<" is a remark line.
A line that starts with ">>" is an option line.
"<<>>" is a remark line. You will see this very often as I use "<<" to comment out
an ">>" option line.
All other lines are assumed to be folder entries.
All option lines must come before any folder entry.
post #106 of 2788 Old 12-09-2005, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks again Allen - no more missing files for me.

For those that are asking - for me I don't have to hassle with manually adding files to the MyHD playlist after processing commercials out or recording with firewire connection from my cable box to another computer. Or manually removing a number of entries for missing files because I either deleted the files after processing or after watching. This is all with one click but perhaps I will just add a windows task to run it once a day or so so I can just watch the shows

Makes using the remote and the favorite button all I need for file playback.

I suppose if you have windows explorer open and want a particular file it doesn't do much as you could just click on the file
post #107 of 2788 Old 12-09-2005, 09:36 AM

Thanks, AllenDB. I understood the proper usage of the record and the sans quotes from your sample ini file write up. I was guessing that the two together was a convenient way to remark out and option. I will try different options and check the results.
post #108 of 2788 Old 12-09-2005, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy8 View Post

. Now if I could only automate HDTV2MPEG2 so I don't have to manually process each file. :-) I know "What a couch potato". :-)

Actually Cris Moore indicates he is going to work on this after fixing some other problems with H2M

So for me the perfect couch potato situation would be to have a batch file that processed the files with the soon to be enabled auto-process feature and then run Allen's file to get a nice playlist from the set of processed files. Would have to be done outside MyHD as Allen's program won't run with MyHD on (well runs but doesn't change the playlist) and the H2M can't run on a file that is being recorded.
post #109 of 2788 Old 12-09-2005, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Would have to be done outside MyHD as Allen's program won't run with MyHD on

girder can easily automate the shutting down of MyHD, run Allen's program, then open MyHD back up. Running H2M (actully waiting for it to process all streams) before automating the next step, is a little harder.

However, I find H2M is still way too inaccurate to automate commercial elimination (not to get OT....)

-Suntan
post #110 of 2788 Old 12-10-2005, 03:00 AM

AllenDB/Suntan:
Thanks for the info. I have a 130 running in a separate box only recording. And a 120 with the daughter card for playback in the living room. The 120 occasionally records when there is a scheduling conflict. It is a pain to manually add to the playlist over the network (foget about the wife). Can PLM be automated? Forgive me guys, I'm pushing 60 with no programming or batchfile experience. I'm running 2000 Pro on the playback machine and XP Pro on the record machine. Thanks for your patience.
Gary

Panasonic TC-P65VT60 (Cal by DNice)
Yamaha RX-V675
Yamaha 5.1 Surround Speakers
Yamaha LFE
PS3
XBox
Wii
Logitech Harmony 1100
Raspberry Pi running OpenELEC XBMC
post #111 of 2788 Old 12-10-2005, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

In the Control Panel look for the Scheduled Tasks icon. It does exactly what you want, run the PLM or any other job at a given time/date. Some of us have an entry to run the PLM shortly after 11PM and right before another scheduled tasks shuts down the machine.
post #112 of 2788 Old 12-13-2005, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi Folks,

I have installed the 130 in my HTPC, and I have connected the VGA dongle to a VGA-to-component cable which then runs to my plasma via a Denon 2803. The 130 output is set to YPrPb.

It is working except when the display is full-screen, i.e., fills the entire 16x9 display. I then get some sort of hum bars rolling through the display. (The 'bars' are horizontal, rolling vertically.) This effect is not dependent on the source bandwidth as either HD, digital or analog TV looks fine when letterboxed. If I switch between 'auto-letterbox' and 'auto-zoom' modes, letterbox is good, zoom (fills the screen) is bad.

I have replaced the VGA to component cable and wiggled everything. I also have an Nvidia video board connected directly to the plasma with DVI, which works well.

Any ideas?

thanks,

CB

ComradeBrehznev

post #113 of 2788 Old 12-13-2005, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Try the MyHD cable direct to the plasma and see if the picture gets better. I don't use the video switching on my receiver for just this reason.

- Mike
post #114 of 2788 Old 12-13-2005, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeBrehznev View Post

Hi Folks,

My apologies to you CB (Brehznev & Redwood City?). When I created this thread I misnamed it MYHD_Update. It really has to do with the PLM, a piece of software that lets us rearrange the playlist of the MYHD program.

While you might get a response here you would better be served by jumping into the MYHD MDP-130 thread.

Good Luck.
post #115 of 2788 Old 12-13-2005, 03:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Ya know, Allen, I just went back and edited the "title" of my first post in this thread to see if that was possible. I think that the title of the #1 post is what's used for the Thread Title, so you could make this thread's name anything you want....
post #116 of 2788 Old 12-13-2005, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Tried it to no avail. I looked for some administrative help but didn't see any.
post #117 of 2788 Old 12-13-2005, 04:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
PM Bob Sorel.
post #118 of 2788 Old 12-13-2005, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Thread title changed.
post #119 of 2788 Old 12-24-2005, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I don't how many users have drives all over the place like I do but now I don't have to worry about making sure the recording folder is set correctly. As the documentation states the implementation of this feature by the user can be done in stages to make sure the program will do what is expected. But of course it is still wise to keep the previous copy. I did not test the case where the remote drive/folder token contained spaces but it should work.

MYHDPlayListMgr.zip 53.587890625k . file
post #120 of 2788 Old 01-03-2006, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I just had a mishap where I did not put the trailing backslash of the recording drive/folder. This caused the programs to be placed under the root drive. This is a stupid MYHD requirement. Its asking for a drive/folder but does treat the string as a folder name until the trailing back slash is entered. @%$^#%^&$%^&*^%^&*
I went back in my ini file and in that new stuff about disk usage I put the backslash in where it was calling for the remote drive/folder. I made a note to myself that the next time I change the PLM it will automatically add a backslash if a folder name follows the drive but the backslash is not there.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page