PlayList_Manager & Record_This - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2788 Old 10-13-2005, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This thread is for MYHD_PlayList_Manager (PLM), Record_This (RT) and SerialPort.

The PLM is for updating MYHDs playlist in the registry. It will search for tp (and other extensions) files in specified folders and build/modify the play list in the registry. There are many options that will sort, modify, change, skip the filenames.
The PLM (and RT) have no user interface. They read an ini file that contains the instructions on how to run. The ini file can be built with notepad or some other process. The zip files contain an ini file that has the documentation.

RT is a program that will build the schedules for MYHD cards, Fusion cards/USB boxes, the HDHomerun lan box and the Hauppauge HD PVR on local and remote machines. Again there is no GUI. The ini file tells RT what to record. And it also has many options. It is meant to be a free standing program that you set up to run automatically every day without any operator intervention. The zip file contains an ini file with documentation.

Because it can handle multiple devices it has whats called a "DontCare" feature. The user specifies the programs to be recorded and the cards to use and RT will spread the recordings across the cards to avoid time conflicts. And for those that do not have an internet connection the programming can be entered manually. Or manual entries can be made in addition to the programs captured from the SchedulesDirect xml.

This reservation info comes from SchedulesDirect xml data. Meaning one will have to establish a SchedulesDirect account for a nominal fee.

Help for setting up Schedules Direct is located Here
There are some examples of setting up HDHR two posts after the one about Schedules Direct.

SerialPort is a small command line program that works with Paterson Technology's USB TV Translator. This is a Serial/USB cable that allows the PC to change the channel on a DirecTV box. The command line is serialport channel and optional subchannel: SerialPort 4 360.

RT_Helper is needed when more than one machine in a network has tuner devices that RT is to control. RT sits in one machine (main?) and RT_Helper is put in each other machine that has those tuner devices.

RT_Helper was last updated 11/10/2008.
Fix problem with socket handling.

RT was last updated 8/2/2010.
Fixed passing QAM for MYHD when calling CWHelper.

The PLM was last updated 1/18/2012.
Added three new options, StartList, StopList and AtEnd.

Record_This.zip 241.2890625k . file

RT_Helper.zip 59.2333984375k . file

myhd_playlist_manager.zip 94.189453125k . file

Categories.zip 0.7109375k . file

SerialPort.zip 36.4091796875k . file
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2788 Old 10-13-2005, 10:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Thanks, Allen! Good luck with the brutes in these parts.
post #3 of 2788 Old 10-13-2005, 11:19 AM
Advanced Member

Way to go Allen!! I have 2 Fusions and a MyHD recording to three separate drives and use Task Scheduler to move all the recordings into a single folder every night before suspending. I like using the MyHD playlist, but don't like having to manually add all the shows recorded with the 2 Fusions. Thanks to your nifty program, the playlist will now always include all available recordings without my intervention.

Thanks!!
post #4 of 2788 Old 10-13-2005, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Chris,

Do you have the two Fusions in the same machine?

What naming convention do you use?

Xesdeeni
post #5 of 2788 Old 10-13-2005, 12:44 PM
Advanced Member

No, sorry if I misled. I have two networked machines. My office pc has one Fusion and my htpc has one Fusion and one MyHD.
post #6 of 2788 Old 10-13-2005, 12:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xesdeeni View Post

Chris,

Do you have the two Fusions in the same machine?

What naming convention do you use?

Xesdeeni

Hint: See this post for a tip on using two DVICO tuners in one PC.
post #7 of 2788 Old 10-13-2005, 07:27 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks Allen. 31 takers so far, and 5 posts, so I figured I'd tell you I downloaded, but haven't tried yet. I'm not really playlist user... I have the PC desktop on the TV and use my own home-made app (described in this post . But I'm interested in trying what you've got!!

--Dale--
post #8 of 2788 Old 10-13-2005, 08:08 PM

Allen,

Good work. Just a quick request. Could you add support for filenames and filepaths that include spaces?

Thanks,
Robert

Robert
post #9 of 2788 Old 10-14-2005, 04:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFABAMAD View Post

Allen,

Good work. Just a quick request. Could you add support for filenames and filepaths that include spaces?

Thanks,
Robert

no wonder my attempt didn'y work -except to clear the list

second the above

plus can you include ts file extentions into what gets added to the list if not there already (assuming perhaps wrongly it is just tp)

thanks
post #10 of 2788 Old 10-14-2005, 04:34 AM
Advanced Member

I tried it last night and it worked perfectly. I didn't have any file paths with spaces, but I'm pretty sure I had some file names with spaces.

I have my own trivial request. Could you add a sort option that lists them by date with the oldest first? (Feel free to think, "How frickin' lazy is he that he can't scroll to the bottom of the list?!?)
post #11 of 2788 Old 10-14-2005, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengsational View Post

Thanks Allen. 31 takers so far, and 5 posts, so I figured I'd tell you I downloaded, but haven't tried yet. I'm not really playlist user... I have the PC desktop on the TV and use my own home-made app (described in this post . But I'm interested in trying what you've got!!

--Dale--

I don't have the PC desktop on the TV. Seemed too much of a hassle at the time.
post #12 of 2788 Old 10-14-2005, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphArch View Post

second the above

plus can you include ts file extentions into what gets added to the list if not there already (assuming perhaps wrongly it is just tp)

thanks

Idiot, me! I finally realized whats being said. I went to great lengths to make sure spaces were handled in all other areas (skip,schedule and others) but skipped over the most important one, the folder name. Next post no later than Monday if not over the weekend.
post #13 of 2788 Old 10-14-2005, 10:22 AM

I hate to start a new thread for this question and it looks like some of the best MyHD software people are viewing this thread - so I'll ask.

Where is the Virtual Channel/Channel Name information stored in MyHD?

The reason I ask is the cable system has some bad Info and I want to correct it. For example, they have D00-101 showing in the MyHD Channel Setting for what should be 613.
I cannot seem to find this reference anywhere in the registry or the MyHD folder.

I thought the Channel Name was in the epg.mdb but I changed the name there and it did not reflect in the program either. Yet a full computer scan for files with name ESPN for example come up blank - yet it is clearly there in the MyHD Channel Setting and no where except epg.mdb.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
post #14 of 2788 Old 10-14-2005, 10:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVFanAtic View Post

It's in the MyHD branch of the Registry, but not in convenient format for human editing. The easiest way, AFAIK, to update channel info is to use the SaveAs button on the Channel setup dialog; edit the resulting text file; and then Load the edited file from the setup dialog again.
post #15 of 2788 Old 10-14-2005, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphArch

second the above

thanks
Next version. Notice the exe name changed to MYHD_Play_List_Manager.
Hopefully the spaces in the folder name are now handled.

MYHDPlayListMgr.zip 53.587890625k . file
post #16 of 2788 Old 10-14-2005, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris White View Post

I tried it last night and it worked perfectly. I didn't have any file paths with spaces, but I'm pretty sure I had some file names with spaces.

I have my own trivial request. Could you add a sort option that lists them by date with the oldest first? (Feel free to think, "How frickin' lazy is he that he can't scroll to the bottom of the list?!?)

Try 'sortb', thats what is suppose to happen, put the most current first. I thought I tried it but let me know if it doesn't get it done.

I think I'm going to add 'sortd' in an attempt to put the list back into MYHD sequence where the oldest is the last.
post #17 of 2788 Old 10-14-2005, 04:30 PM

Works great. Thanks.
post #18 of 2788 Old 10-14-2005, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Great - now it does add tp files from my directories which generally have spaces as they are auto-filed by the episode name by MyHD with my options

If you are doing more coding please consider adding ts to the list of files that are searched for. Now even if I add them manually they are removed by the clear featrure. It would be nice to have all my transport streams; whether from MyHD or cable box via firewire or after processing by HD all be listed and playable with MyHD.

Thanks for the update Allen and we do appreciate your effort.
post #19 of 2788 Old 10-14-2005, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDB View Post

Try 'sortb', thats what is suppose to happen, put the most current first. I thought I tried it but let me know if it doesn't get it done.

I think I'm going to add 'sortd' in an attempt to put the list back into MYHD sequence where the oldest is the last.

I mean oldest is first, most current is last.
post #20 of 2788 Old 10-15-2005, 09:42 PM
Advanced Member

I tried it several times to be sure, sortb lists them with the most recently recorded first and the oldest recording last.
post #21 of 2788 Old 10-16-2005, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris White View Post

I tried it several times to be sure, sortb lists them with the most recently recorded first and the oldest recording last.

Thats the way its suppose to work. My misspeak was in referring to a sortd
option which is available in the next submission. Next entry.
post #22 of 2788 Old 10-16-2005, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Next release of the Play List Manager with three new features. It also fixed sorta.

Added 'sortd' which puts the play list back in an order similar to MYHD in that the most current entry is last. Could look at it as a restore thing.

The 'schedule' feature is now available. If a schedule is supplied the PLM (Play List Manager) will try and recognize useless file names and rename them with the name in the schedule table. See more in the ini file.

And now you can put the recording date/time info into the file name so its visible in the list. This is the 'show' option. It has many configuration possibilities so you might have to play around with it before finding the right combination. Read the documentation carefully!!

I might say that I've tested most but not every combination of everything so let me know of any problems.

RalphArch, I almost missed your entry. Since I plan on adding one more feature before I sit back, yeah, I'll include ts files in the scan.

I'm going to add a rename option. Some of the names, like Law & Order; Special Victims Unit could be made shorter but still useful. Like L&O SVU. So you'll be able to enter a table.

Attached is the latest version.

Allen

MYHDPlayListMgr.zip 53.587890625k . file
post #23 of 2788 Old 10-16-2005, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Great - now it does add tp files from my directories which generally have spaces as they are auto-filed by the episode name by MyHD with my options

If you are doing more coding please consider adding ts to the list of files that are searched for. Now even if I add them manually they are removed by the clear featrure. It would be nice to have all my transport streams; whether from MyHD or cable box via firewire or after processing by HD all be listed and playable with MyHD.

Thanks for the update Allen and we do appreciate your effort.

I guess I've been lucky up till now. I'm working with live data (over 50 recorded files) and haven't gotten into any trouble.

I just clobbered the names on every file and had to manually reconstrut the extension on all of them. Did it twice in fact before I got the offending code outta there. I was trying to implement handling ts files and screwed up big time. Think I'll put in the rename option and give more thought on the ts files. First I thought it would be hard, then I thought it should be easy. Still do but I don't like sitting there changing file titles on over 50 files. Patience.

Time to watch some HDTV.
post #24 of 2788 Old 10-16-2005, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I guess I've been lucky up till now. I'm working with live data (over 50 recorded files) and haven't gotten into any trouble.

I just clobbered the names on every file and had to manually reconstrut the extension on all of them. Did it twice in fact before I got the offending code outta there. I was trying to implement handling ts files and screwed up big time. Think I'll put in the rename option and give more thought on the ts files. First I thought it would be hard, then I thought it should be easy. Still do but I don't like sitting there changing file titles on over 50 files. Patience.

Time to watch some HDTV.

Enjoy your HDTV and no need to change it for me anymore. I just changed the default output of H2 to tp

Additionally, I was blessed with 5c flag implementation by my cable company a couple days ago so anything off the cable might as well be from unencrypted qam through MyHD and not via firewire.

Scheduling is easier on MyHD anyway.
post #25 of 2788 Old 10-17-2005, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Enjoy your HDTV and no need to change it for me anymore. I just changed the default output of H2 to tp

Additionally, I was blessed with 5c flag implementation by my cable company a couple days ago so anything off the cable might as well be from unencrypted qam through MyHD and not via firewire.

Scheduling is easier on MyHD anyway.

I don't have any ts files so I cannot answer this question. If ts files were placed (by another application like PLM) in MYHDs play list would MYHD play them when they are highlighted and clicked?

If not then what if they are automatically changed from ts to tp and inserted?. I ask because there is an entry in the MYHD_130 thread also complaining about ts files. After your entry I was going to put down the effort and move on but if there is a need I almost had it done.
post #26 of 2788 Old 10-17-2005, 05:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I don't have any ts files so I cannot answer this question. If ts files were placed (by another application like PLM) in MYHDs play list would MYHD play them when they are highlighted and clicked?

If not then what if they are automatically changed from ts to tp and inserted?. I ask because there is an entry in the MYHD_130 thread also complaining about ts files. After your entry I was going to put down the effort and move on but if there is a need I almost had it done.

ts files play fine when inserted into MyHD playlist manually - for example below is my current playlist and they all play fine and can be manupulated including file deletion from the HD mode full screen with the remote and favorite button

MYHDPLIST1

post #27 of 2788 Old 10-18-2005, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

ts files play fine when inserted into MyHD playlist manually - for example below is my current playlist and they all play fine and can be manupulated including file deletion from the HD mode full screen with the remote and favorite button.

There'll be a new option called 'Extensions' followed by all the extensions the user wants included in the scans. By default the list will include 'tp'.
post #28 of 2788 Old 10-18-2005, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVFanAtic View Post

I hate to start a new thread for this question and it looks like some of the best MyHD software people are viewing this thread - so I'll ask.

The reason I ask is the cable system has some bad Info and I want to correct it. For example, they have D00-101 showing in the MyHD Channel Setting for what should be 613.
I cannot seem to find this reference anywhere in the registry or the MyHD folder.

I thought the Channel Name was in the epg.mdb but I changed the name there and it did not reflect in the program either. Yet a full computer scan for files with name ESPN for example come up blank - yet it is clearly there in the MyHD Channel Setting and no where except epg.mdb.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

I wish I could help you.

I really wish MIT would just release the source in some form to us, or at least try and address some new potential software features.

I still think about all the help Cliff gave people here.
post #29 of 2788 Old 10-18-2005, 10:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mntneer View Post

I wish I could help you.

Actually...someone already did help him if you read the very next post below his....
post #30 of 2788 Old 10-19-2005, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post

Actually...someone already did help him if you read the very next post below his....

And I wish I had thought of that trick a year ago. Its so obvious I could kick myself

Your help is appreciated.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page