post #91 of 342 Old 12-19-2005, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanstone View Post

I would love to see this too... any plans on this topic?
It is a wonderful project. I tried diag deinterlace on 1080i video and my PM 1.6 CPU usage jump to 100%

The orginal version I had split decoding and processing to 2 threads but I found this increased stutter too much, I'll revisit this at some point.

I'm not surprised about the 1080i taking all the CPU, maybe one day I can optimize some of the code a bit ...

John

My Company - Upsilon Software
Free Projects - DScaler & hcfr fork
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 342 Old 12-19-2005, 08:46 AM

Liked: 10
Hi,John
why do the dscaler mpeg decoder 5006&5007 can't remember settings i made,i have to go to properties tag and do some setting again everytime i open my software player.
thanks

chen
post #93 of 342 Old 12-19-2005, 09:42 PM

kzeuh, You are the MAN!

I have so many 1080i .ts files that were badly flagged and had interlace artifacts ALL over the place.

All 3 harry potter's
Spider-man 2 (Spidey 1 has proper flags)
Usual Suspects
contact
truman show
matrix revolutions
etc, etc

I was getting discouraged because i had all these movies that looked like crap when using ffdshow to de-interlace. They look absolutely stunning now!!! WOOHOO!!!!!

I have found one movie that will not allow 3:2 pulldown to be done on itself. Ocean's Eleven from the station...drum roll... ABC. Ugh, whats up with abc, do they know what they are doing over there? I have tried all of the Inverse Telecine options and there is interlacing all over.

I have noticed that if I set it to do IVTC only when it is detected, the video looks like breaks apart..kind of like the video is being slit horizontally in different places. It looks the same as when you play a computer game with Vsync disabled. If it is set to always enabled, the picture looks fine. I also have a hard time seeking with this plugin.

One last question. No matter the HD movie, I have to always find out what the audio sync offset is. They are always out of sync. Someone mentioned using the nero file splitter has proper sync. Is this installed with Nero Ultra or what? I am curently using the following with 1080i MPEG2 Transport Streams:

Source Filter: DVBPortal HDTV TS Pump
Audio Video Splitter: MPEG2 Demultiplexer
Audio Decoders: AC3 Filter
Video Decoders (good 1080i, 720p): nVidia Video Decoder (filter from TheaterTek)
Video Decoders (bad 1080i): Dscaler filter from this thread

Thanks for the successful effort kzeuh!

Vulpechula
post #94 of 342 Old 12-19-2005, 10:18 PM
)p(

Thanks again kzeuh for your continued work on this very importent feature with all those non and badly flagged ts files out there. It's still working great here and I could not live without it anymore.

What does it actually do on non-hd content? Is it ignored or does it try to do the same thing. I keep it just enabled when watching dvd movies with zp and I have not seen any negative side effects. Which is very good as it does mean I dont have to fiddle with settings, just watch movies

peter
post #95 of 342 Old 12-20-2005, 07:45 AM

Quote:

One last question. No matter the HD movie, I have to always find out what the audio sync offset is. They are always out of sync. Someone mentioned using the nero file splitter has proper sync. Is this installed with Nero Ultra or what? I am curently using the following with 1080i MPEG2 Transport Streams:

Nero splitter comes with the Nero software such as Nero 6 reloaded. It doesn't appear in the Zoomplayer customised filter list, you have to "add" it as a filter in Zoomplayer and search down for the Nero file/splitter filter. Also tick the "This filter is also a Splitter Filter" for it.
AC3filter wouldn't work with my Nero, DScaler5 video, combination, it kept freezing after 5 seconds. I have to use the DScaler5 audio filter instead, which actually works great.
post #96 of 342 Old 12-20-2005, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by )p( View Post

Thanks again kzeuh for your continued work on this very importent feature with all those non and badly flagged ts files out there. It's still working great here and I could not live without it anymore.

What does it actually do on non-hd content? Is it ignored or does it try to do the same thing. I keep it just enabled when watching dvd movies with zp and I have not seen any negative side effects. Which is very good as it does mean I dont have to fiddle with settings, just watch movies

peter

Now that I have fixed the crash when the option "analog blanking" was set and the subtitles flicker, it should be alright to leave the option always ON. The IVTC may turn on incorrectly for a short moment when whatching the DVD menus or videos (making of, etc...). I guess most DVDs these days are properly telecined, so there should not be unwanted effects when watching movies. In fact it could be even useful to inverse telecine some improperly flagged movies.
post #97 of 342 Old 12-20-2005, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpechula View Post

kzeuh, You are the MAN!

I have so many 1080i .ts files that were badly flagged and had interlace artifacts ALL over the place.

All 3 harry potter's
Spider-man 2 (Spidey 1 has proper flags)
Usual Suspects
contact
truman show
matrix revolutions
etc, etc

I was getting discouraged because i had all these movies that looked like crap when using ffdshow to de-interlace. They look absolutely stunning now!!! WOOHOO!!!!!

I have found one movie that will not allow 3:2 pulldown to be done on itself. Ocean's Eleven from the station...drum roll... ABC. Ugh, whats up with abc, do they know what they are doing over there? I have tried all of the Inverse Telecine options and there is interlacing all over.

I have noticed that if I set it to do IVTC only when it is detected, the video looks like breaks apart..kind of like the video is being slit horizontally in different places. It looks the same as when you play a computer game with Vsync disabled. If it is set to always enabled, the picture looks fine. I also have a hard time seeking with this plugin.

Source Filter: DVBPortal HDTV TS Pump
Audio Video Splitter: MPEG2 Demultiplexer
Audio Decoders: AC3 Filter
Video Decoders (good 1080i, 720p): nVidia Video Decoder (filter from TheaterTek)
Video Decoders (bad 1080i): Dscaler filter from this thread

Thanks for the successful effort kzeuh!

Vulpechula

Hi,

I recommend using Nero splitter filter as it works very well with Dscaler. With other filters such the Elecard demux, you may lose the audio sync. You may wait for amigenius's version that is supposed to fix this problem. Otherwise, if there is a very big need for it I will look at that.
post #98 of 342 Old 12-20-2005, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenzhaoyi View Post

Hi,John
why do the dscaler mpeg decoder 5006&5007 can't remember settings i made,i have to go to properties tag and do some setting again everytime i open my software player.
thanks

I have noticed that too. I will have a look at it some time. If you want your settings to be kept, you must edit them while you are watching a movie. This can be done through the filter options in zoom player for instance. I insist on the fact that a movie needs to be playing when you do the change.
post #99 of 342 Old 12-20-2005, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAd View Post

Agreed, the normal way you guys would work with me would be to join the DScaler developement list and discuss your changes there, if agreed then I can give you cvs access and we can all work together nicely. AS it is I'm sure all three of us are duplicating a lot of code.

John

Hi John,

I would be quite happy to join the Dscaler development list. This would be the opportunity to have a unified version of Dscaler. In fact, I could merge the IVTC modifications myself to your last version (when I find some time of course ) and this would avoid having separate versions and would solve the issue raised by Li On. I am waiting for your instructions...
post #100 of 342 Old 12-20-2005, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member

That is the spirit kzeuh!

By the way Ralf, John is right, you can't make a dime off your idea... your work is derived from DScaler, all shape and form and is bound by GPL.
post #101 of 342 Old 12-20-2005, 05:26 PM

Hi,

Yeah ok....but i must do some cleanup (remove old and experimental code+ comments) and maybee maybee i implement such sequences for anime (5:5,6:4,8:7) if it's not to much hassle.

This will take a few days...

But there need to be work done on the speed...hand optimized asm for amd64 anyone or maybee as suposed multithreadning (i.e. one thread decodes the mpeg the other compares the fields + deinterlaces if video material) ?

And how do we access the CVS ?

cya
post #102 of 342 Old 12-20-2005, 08:04 PM

On my last post, I had forceware version 77.77 installed and using a GeForce 6800GT

I just updated to version 81.95 and also updated my TheaterTek to version 2.2 so I could have the newest nvidia codec that they supply.

Some interesting findings. I think it is bad, but for others, it could be good.

One of the new features for this driver release is: PureVideo high definition MPEG-2 de-interlacing support. This pretty much is true.

No matter which Video Decoders I attempted to use in ZoomPlayer, the video card was doing its own de-interlacing. I was about to write 3:2 pulldown, but I am not sure if it is doing this or not. All the clips I was testing were .TS 1080i movies that had interlacing artifacts. Even though the card was now doing alot of the work, it was not 100%. I would day maybe 90-95% of the interlacing was gone, but you could spot some here and there. Notably during scene transitions.

Ocean's Eleven was now without interlacing artifacts when using theatertek's nvidia codec, DScaler5 alpha codec, powerdvd codec and windvd codec. Before this, movie had interlacing artifacts when these codecs were being used. When choosing kzeuh's Dscaler plugin, the video card and the plugin were fighting over who should handle the video. There was alot of jerkiness and weirdness going on.

One other strange thing, after installing the new drivers, I had to change the Output Color Space of the Dscaler plugin from YUY2 to YV12. YUY2 had a major blue tone to it. Skin color looked blue like an Andorian. The intro to Spider-Man 2 was not red, but blue. Changing it to YV12 fixed it.

I have since uninstalled 81.95 and installed 77.77. Ocean's Eleven is back to its interlaced self. For the rest of the movies, DScaler now applies 3:2 pulldown without something else doubling the work (ie. the video card).

I thought I would prefer the video card to handle the IVTC, but if it cannot do a perfect job (smooth as silk, no interlacing at all, etc) then no thanks.

Anyone else have a 6xxx/7xxx series card with driver version 81.95 installed not happy with the results compared to kzeuh's method?

Vulpechula
post #103 of 342 Old 12-20-2005, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKdude View Post

Nero splitter comes with the Nero software such as Nero 6 reloaded. It doesn't appear in the Zoomplayer customised filter list, you have to "add" it as a filter in Zoomplayer and search down for the Nero file/splitter filter. Also tick the "This filter is also a Splitter Filter" for it.
AC3filter wouldn't work with my Nero, DScaler5 video, combination, it kept freezing after 5 seconds. I have to use the DScaler5 audio filter instead, which actually works great.

Thank you UKdude,
the nero source file/splitter Works great for me.The frame dropped is 0 when i play 1080i Winged Migration,and the frame dropped number is much higher when using other splitter.

chen
post #104 of 342 Old 12-21-2005, 12:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzeuh View Post

Hi John,

I would be quite happy to join the Dscaler development list. This would be the opportunity to have a unified version of Dscaler. In fact, I could merge the IVTC modifications myself to your last version (when I find some time of course ) and this would avoid having separate versions and would solve the issue raised by Li On. I am waiting for your instructions...

You just sign up for the list here

http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/l...erlace-discuss

The main thing that will make life difficult for both of us is that I've made a load of big changes to the structure of the code in order to support replaceable inverse telecine processing, I'd also be very keen that you build any detection off the new difference map (at least for SD) that I'm also using for motion detection. I accept that we'll probably have to make it pretty flexible to allow for HD to run on normal machines.

In DScaler 4 we found that using field difference alone was a good start but that it fails to detect certain types of cadence break quickly enough and is useless for 2:2 detection which is the main thing I'm interested in for SD.

If you get a moment take a look at the code released here

http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/p...737b8046612c6a

This has a stub film detection dll that is where I'd like to put your routines into.

John

post #105 of 342 Old 12-21-2005, 12:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have noticed that too. I will have a look at it some time. If you want your settings to be kept, you must edit them while you are watching a movie. This can be done through the filter options in zoom player for instance. I insist on the fact that a movie needs to be playing when you do the change.

Which player is this in? I think zoom loads up the property page in some wierd way that means that it is "disconnected" from the filter and so exiting the page doesn't save the chnages to the registry.

John

post #106 of 342 Old 12-21-2005, 01:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigenius View Post

Hi,

Yeah ok....but i must do some cleanup (remove old and experimental code+ comments) and maybee maybee i implement such sequences for anime (5:5,6:4,8:7) if it's not to much hassle.

OK thanks, so the post above to kzeuh about what I see as the issues in merging the code. It would be good to see what you've done and also for you to take a look at where I'm trying to go with the code and talk on the list about the best way of moving forward.

Quote:

But there need to be work done on the speed...hand optimized asm for amd64 anyone or maybee as suposed multithreadning (i.e. one thread decodes the mpeg the other compares the fields + deinterlaces if video material) ?

I have mmx field diff asm from dscaler, but as above I'm planning a slightly different approach that should perform much better with a wider variety of material.

Quote:

I'll give out CVS access when I think we all agree what needs to be done, I suspect we're some way from that, in the mean time I'm happy to try and merge in changes as I get them and spend some time reorginising and fixing the post processing chain to allow HD inverse telecine to work properly.

post #107 of 342 Old 12-21-2005, 01:13 AM
Advanced Member

I can confirm that the decoders behave that way in Zoom John. The options dialogue called up without video playing is always at default values and no changes will be written to the registry upon exit. Actual values can ony be seen and changed in Zoom when the filter is called during playback. I never thought this was an issue personally as I always configure that way, but I've seen the confused question pop up many times.
post #108 of 342 Old 12-21-2005, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAd View Post

Which player is this in? I think zoom loads up the property page in some wierd way that means that it is "disconnected" from the filter and so exiting the page doesn't save the chnages to the registry.

John

zoom player

chen
post #109 of 342 Old 12-21-2005, 09:18 AM

I couldn't wait for the version integrating decoding+IVTC+deinterlace all together and distributing the computational loads across dual-core CPU. if dual-core CPU is powerful enough to complish all this, that is a "dreams come true" to me.
post #110 of 342 Old 12-21-2005, 03:10 PM
Advanced Member

Yeah, I think it would already a dream to see you guys working together as even though this means some more co-ordniation effort, it much more fun for everybody plus seeing Dcscaler-Project moving forward as we all have been waiting for so long.
post #111 of 342 Old 12-22-2005, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenzhaoyi View Post

Thank you UKdude,
the nero source file/splitter Works great for me.The frame dropped is 0 when i play 1080i Winged Migration,and the frame dropped number is much higher when using other splitter.

I tried the nero splitter, and the seek is much better, almost instant now, but the audio/video are badly out of sync...changing delay in Dscaler video and audio decoders did not help. Anybody see this problem with Dscaler and Nero splitter, and anybody find a solution?
post #112 of 342 Old 12-23-2005, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleemer77 View Post

I tried the nero splitter, and the seek is much better, almost instant now, but the audio/video are badly out of sync...changing delay in Dscaler video and audio decoders did not help. Anybody see this problem with Dscaler and Nero splitter, and anybody find a solution?

Totally, there is no problem in my machine.

chen
post #113 of 342 Old 12-26-2005, 08:11 AM

John,
can't Dscaler decoder deinterlace in YV12 mode?

chen
post #114 of 342 Old 01-15-2006, 04:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Does anyone here know why we can't acces the DScaler Adio Decoder properties via the system tray ffdshow (by right clicking on ffdshow) ?
If you click on Mpeg Audio Filter (yes that's the name given here for DScaler Audio Decoder), then you can't right click on ffdshow anymore, and you have to kill your player (ZP or TT).

This problem only occurs with DScaler Audio Decoder...

Don't piss in my pocket and tell me it's raining !
Come and visit our French speaking forum : www.cinetson.org
post #115 of 342 Old 01-15-2006, 10:28 AM

Quote:

Hi,

cya

How is this coming along?

If your patches are as good as you say they are, I'm sure there are some of us here that wouldn't mind making a PayPal donation to support the cause.
post #116 of 342 Old 01-15-2006, 12:51 PM

Hi,

In the lasts weeks i played more with the xbox 360 in my freetime

But in the last few days i optimized the 720p pulldown (War of the Worlds caused some problems).

Furthermore i optimized the Field-Field comparison(so that the comparisons are more accurate)... But as this is only 2 days old this is still experimental.

At the moment i rewrite the IVTC (which is at the moment 'spagetti code') so that i can recognize Varispeed (not the same as dynamicly adjusted speed on abc) and other patterns (i.e. Anime for that i need some testmaterial later on when i implemented the 5:5, 6:4, etc patterns).

I will release my version if this is finished.

cya

Ralf
post #117 of 342 Old 01-15-2006, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
OK. Somebody has to ask. When might we get a new official dscaler release with all the improvements?
post #118 of 342 Old 01-16-2006, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Cresent

Can't even give you a wild guess at the moment. I'd like it to be fairly soon.

Ralf

Haven't heard from you on the list, do let us know what you're up to.

BangoO

Don't know, I'll try and look into it.

chenzhaoyi

It's the graphics cards that can't deinterlace as well in YV12, DScaler5 doesn't do any deinterlacing yet

John

post #119 of 342 Old 01-16-2006, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Thx a lot JohnAd

Don't piss in my pocket and tell me it's raining !
Come and visit our French speaking forum : www.cinetson.org
post #120 of 342 Old 01-18-2006, 07:23 PM

Quote:

The dll have been optimized for Pentium IV during the compilation. This could explain poor performances on non Intel processors.

Is there an AMD version available? Is there anything that should be checked in the rest of the DScaler options to improve AMD performance?
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page