Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 342 Old 11-27-2006, 11:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hmmm, I don't think so.

Not for a 48/72/96hz refresh rate and 24fps film material.

Why would you keep it 30fps?

Loving my Electric Bike!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 342 Old 11-28-2006, 12:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yes, I thought, so because other wise it is much less stable. Still have to find out, if there is maybe one thing i can change, to make the last issues dissapear.

It's a bit like "just when you thought that it was save for your Ruby lamp", then you see just again some problems here and there.

Strange is, that although the reclock clock is green, it is less fluent then without. Do you change something in the regular Reclock settings? I go through spdif.....

I like my HT, wine and pretty girls. But...am I the only one
post #183 of 342 Old 11-28-2006, 12:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Check your AC3 frame drops/repeats in reclock, maybe the refresh rate isn't quite right.

And do it on a CRT monitor, for 2 reasons, firstly to save your lamp, and secondly because a CRT monitor cannot cause havoc of it's own.

You must have an old monitor kicking around, or at work you can borrow.

post #184 of 342 Old 11-28-2006, 03:32 PM

I have the impression that the problems I still have are coming because the vobsub filter gets loaded because I have srt. I never installed it, must have come with ZP one way or another.

I played a file without SRT, and it was ultra smooth. Then I played one with srt, that showed nicely and it had speed issues, with and without Reclock. Without srt, I can not see the movie, because then I cannot undrstand everything.....

But maybe Iam wrong and is it coincidence....TomorrowI will try that same file and put the srt in a different map, so no subs will be loaded.

post #185 of 342 Old 11-28-2006, 06:46 PM

indieke2,

1. Right click on KMPlayer, slide to Video(Advanced), then check "SuperSpeed Mode", this would disable all of PlungIns which are not actually needed for .TS playback;

2. KMPlayer has itsown Subtitle codec, it's a lot faster than VOBsub:
Right click > Options > Filter control > Under "External Subtitle Filter Control" CHECK "Disable subtitle loader". Of course, go to Subtitles Processing and CHECK "Show Subtitles".

3. Under Video Processing >
Input colorspace: CHECK YV12 ONLY (UNCHECK others) for film content.
Output color space:CHECK YV12 ONLY.
post #186 of 342 Old 11-29-2006, 12:16 AM

Thanks for your comment Peter. But you are talking KM player here, not Zoomplayer, where I do the reverse pulldown.

Either you mean that these settings wil influence also the behaviour of ZP, which sounds not logical.

Either you mean to configure KM for RTC, either to play the TS files in Km just without it?

I also tried to configure KM for rtc, but I don't know how to do it exactly. I know to put D-scaler as a decoder, but Nero splitter, is also a source splitter and do not how to enable it for both under KM.

Playing the files without SRT is not an issue, because my English is not good enough.
The files that gave me the most trouble in 60 hz, without tRC, are playing smooth as silk in ZP, as long the srt are not enabled.

post #187 of 342 Old 11-29-2006, 03:37 AM

It's a decoder (DScaler5 MPEG2 Video Decoder) or a VGA adptor (NV7600GT or above)doing Inverse T/C, not the player. If you want you can use MPC/KMP/ZP........

If your KMP was full intsallation version, it came with a far more talented Splitter, Gabest MPEG spliter as default for both .TS and .TP; so you probablly don't need Nero splitter any more.

To use DScaler5 in KMP:
Right click > Options > Preferences > Filter Control > Decoder Usage > External Video Decoders > External Decoder Search > Add After Scan > Check "MPEG2 Video" > OK > Click MPEG2 Video Slide, then click "DScaler MPEG2 Video Decoder", then click CLOSE and guit KMP. Now DScaler5 is the deoder for MPEG2 (You can do a similar process in order to use Nero Splitter, if you don't like Gabest splitter)

BTW, ZP is my number one player for DVD playback; OTOH KMP is my number one player for .TS, especially to playback with .srt.
post #188 of 342 Old 11-29-2006, 04:34 AM

Peter I have to thank you very much! I was looking quite some time to find a solution to have RTCn subs, without altering the image.

I thought it should be possible with KM player some way, but nobody could give me a decent answer, or at least one that I could understand with my limted English.

Cannot test it today, as I have to go to Cannes, I live in France, but hope to do that tommorow evening. i will let you know if it works....

Thanks again!

post #189 of 342 Old 11-30-2006, 02:51 AM

No luck!

I did Peter's configuration, strarted the movie, it worked, but the image was still shaky a lttle!

Then I watched the filter graph, and saw FFdshow video, was still enabled, from the dvd, the night before!

Disabled raw, started the movie again and...NOTHING

Acess violation 00406 ED etc module KM player exe

Read of adres 0000008

Errror occured while creating filtergraph....

Don't understand. I also looked at the internal decoders and the MPeg 2 codec was unchecked...

Another question, if I can make this work, one way or another, is it possible to load external audio files?

With the non-filter settings you gave me, H 264 content works even better, because the cpu is much lower, thanks!

EDIT. I tried again while enabling ffdshow. There I do NOTHING, but the movie plays. I can then see the filtergraph, and I see that Hali splitter is enabled, although not selected. Thougt that could be the problem, but even by desinstalling Haali, the problems stays the same.

When I put another decoder then d-scaler, image again!

post #190 of 342 Old 11-30-2006, 05:49 AM

Re: Haali's splitter
You had two versions of Haali's splitter installed, one you just uninstalled, the other one came with KMP, try this:
FilterControl > Source Filter > The Rest Source Filter, under Haali's Splitter Settings, UNCHECK "Connect Mpeg2 TS with Haali's Splitter"(Personally I leave MKV connection checked ONLY).

Filter Control > Splitter > Slide "MPEG2(TS) Splitter", then choose "Gabest MPEG Spiltter"

Re: FFDShow
Filter Control > Decoder Usage > Custom Filter Manager > Add registered filter... > Slide the pop up window and click "ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder" > OK > Choose "Do not use"

Re: Audio file
I guess you meant Audio filter; Yes, you can. Under "Decoder usage > External Audio decoder".

BTW, have you ENABLED "SupperSpeed Mode" under "General > Playback",
and choosen YV12 ONLY for "Input/Ouput Colorspaces" under "Video Processing"? Which you should.
post #191 of 342 Old 11-30-2006, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter caesar View Post

Re: Haali's splitter
You had two versions of Haali's splitter installed, one you just uninstalled, the other one came with KMP, try this:
FilterControl > Source Filter > The Rest Source Filter, under Haali's Splitter Settings, UNCHECK "Connect Mpeg2 TS with Haali's Splitter"(Personally I leave MKV connection checked ONLY).

Filter Control > Splitter > Slide "MPEG2(TS) Splitter", then choose "Gabest MPEG Spiltter"

Re: FFDShow
Filter Control > Decoder Usage > Custom Filter Manager > Add registered filter... > Slide the pop up window and click "ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder" > OK > Choose "Do not use"

Re: Audio file
I guess you meant Audio filter; Yes, you can. Under Decoder usage > External Audio decoder.

BTW, have you ENABLED "SupperSpeed Mode" under "General > Playback",
and choosen YV12 ONLY for "Input/Ouput Colorspaces" under "Video Processing"? Which you should.

Yes I have. It seems like the filters do not connect. beats me why ffdshow when enabled, does make the d-scaler filter load....

post #192 of 342 Old 11-30-2006, 07:45 AM

The disabling of ffdshow in KM player 's filter management, did the trick. I did not have to do this on this computer I use for regular matters.

Still have to look for the result, of course, but looks good. Not all files will play smooth, as some have less good compression. I hope everything will be fine now.

Just one more little thing. You seem to know this player really well Peter, would you know how to enable the loading of exteral audio files? Do you render with or without Reclock?

post #193 of 342 Old 11-30-2006, 01:17 PM

Victory to soon. This evening the H264 was on the program. All settings gone! Proberly be reinstalling KM player because TS did not work. I lost all these H 264 settings, and they will not play correctly anymore.

Just when I thought I was there. Although I reanstalled Haali , whateverI do, it is not used anymore. I think it is going to be difficult to let the H 264 and regular TS files works well in both players...It is a pitty, I struggled a lot to get h 264 play well. Now that is gone too.

I think it is simple where the problem comes from. The H 264 files feel best with Haali. One this is installed on the computer, it takes over everything, even when disabled in the settings! When you desinstall the splitter,then the gabest splitter can take over '(I did not suceed to let Nero-splitter work!), but then H 264, has to do without it.

post #194 of 342 Old 11-30-2006, 07:27 PM

I use ReClock/PoweStrip on most of film based content, output 1280x720@47.952Hz via DVI connection to my projector (H79), output 1440x960@95.904Hz-interlaced via VGA connection to a direct view CRT. To playback audio files, I prefer to use stand alone player for its simplicity more than HTPC.

Re H.264: I would recommend CoreAVC Video Decoder, CoreAVC Pro Version 1.1.0.5; After your tweaking KMP smoothly, click "Export Presets" to save the Registry File for H.264. Certainly you could do the same to MPEG2.TS, DVD-Video with FFDShow,........... after tweaking.
post #195 of 342 Old 11-30-2006, 11:50 PM

I had KM working with Core pro and Haali splitter. but using the Powerdvd codec, allso with haali was more stable, but consuming more CPU.
Nvidia has a personal setting, where you also can use the exact output. Strange enough if I try to use Powerstrip on this computer, it failes and is overuled by The Nvidia setting.

The biggest problem is now, when I have Haali installed, no matter what I do,,even the things you said in the settings, it takes over as a splitter, and that will not work wit RVP. When I un-install it, I can use the gabest splitter, but Nero refuse to load.

For the moment I made the H 264 files work with Bs player, and try to tweak KM the best I can for RVP.

Anyway congratulations how you manage to arrange all this. It is not easy, and one little thing wrongly enabled, will give you a serious headache. With HCPC, I hardly see movies, yesterday another evening destroyed.

post #196 of 342 Old 12-06-2006, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
indieke2, have you invested in a good hard drive image backup program, like Acronis TrueImage?

Anyways, I've been away for a few weeks, and while I was reading your problems I guessed that FFDShow was inserting itself into the filter graph - I had the same issue until I discovered that FFDShow's Raw Video codec had to be disabled before playing .ts or h264 files.

I have a very experimental version of FFDShow that can refuse to load if the CoreAVC Pro codec is in the filter chain. I can't release it though because I don't know how to build the installer for it - you can't just drop a new FFDShow.ax file in because it will probably be incompatible with the support DLLs (language support will be different, unicode versus 8 bit ASCII, etc.).

Maybe after xmas I can try to convince the FFDShow developers to incorporate the code I added - once I figure out how to add a configuration option to FFDShow's configuration windows.

I'd also like to add a feature which can prevent FFDShow from loading if the resolution is too high - but that may not be possible as the resolution of a video may not be available at the moment a filter graph is built. We'll see!
post #197 of 342 Old 12-11-2006, 08:20 PM

Liked: 11
Hi Guys,
I am a newbie..So please can someone help me on how to use this IVTC mod with Theatertek and FFdshow?
I have gone through this forum but I really dont know where can I get access to this decoder in FFdshow...so any explicit help will be appreciated. Guys please assume I know nothing about running this mod, so kindly explain it to me in simple layman terms..Thanks..
post #198 of 342 Old 12-11-2006, 10:25 PM
AVS Special Member

The short answer is you can't - you need to use a player like Zoomplayer where you can choose filters. Theatertek is locked to the Nvidia filters.

The long answer is I believe you can use custom filters with Theatertek, but you have to write custom graphs...it's complicated. Like Zoomplayer was 4 years ago actually..
I'd ask on the TT forum.

post #199 of 342 Old 12-12-2006, 12:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Mark: Theatertek is no longer locked to Nvidia filters, since you can now use custom filter graphs as well.

OTOH, it is much easier to configure MPC or ZP to use Dscaler w/IVTC.

I strongly recommend to stay well clear of ffdshow, especially when you want to watch HD stuff.
post #200 of 342 Old 12-12-2006, 02:22 AM
AVS Special Member

That's what I said Kai - the long answer. I believe it's rather tricky though....

I don't like TT anyway, the interface is so clunky.

post #201 of 342 Old 12-25-2006, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

As a Christmas gift and before mpeg2 becomes completely obsolete with the arrival of H264 streams here is a version of the IVTC mod for DSCALER 5 that has been sleeping on my hard drive for almost one year.

He are are the changes
- Cleaned up code, removed the experimental 720p which was useless
- Attempt to Autoresync audio / video for badly damaged MPEG2 streams, this may help in some case when audio and video becomes out of sync
- Deinterlacing type is now ignored and forced to weave when IVTC is in progress. Configuration will be simpler and mixed stream video / film may be better
- Support for ATSC Closed Captioning. Dscaler 5 supported already closed captioning for NTSC DVD. There was some code for ATSC streams. However it was broken because it didn't take into account the order of the frames in the video buffer.

Here is a quickrecap for those who are not completely familiar with Closed Captioning (CC). CC contains texts that can be displayed when watching a video or a movie. Usually these texts correspond to subtitles. Contrary to recent DVDs and DVB streams Closed Captioning is not contained in a separate stream of the Mpeg2 file, it is stored in "user data" information of the video stream (in ATSC streams two characters that are to be displayed are associated to each frame of the video).

Dscaler 5 supported already CC for old NTSC DVDs. In this particular case, the CC information for several frames is stored in each GOP "user data". However When CC information is associated to each frame like in an ATSC streams, the question of reordering the CC information arises especially because of B frames, the frames are not displayed in the order they are processed. This were Dscaler was broken.

Since the CC in stored in "user data" of video streams, the CC information resists to quite a lot of processing such as video editing, it is why it is quite interesting to discover how many streams available around offers Closed Captioning.

How to use CC with Dscaler 5
-------------------------------

Unless you use a DVD player such as Zoom Player, you won't be able to view the closed captioning without doing some specific setup. Indeed, for ordinary ATSC stream files you need specific Directshow graphs. Indeed, Dscaler is capable to output CC information. However, to be displayed they need a specific filter which will turn cc info into characters to display. This filter is named "Line 21 decoder" its name refer to the 21th line which is used in NTSC analog signal to store CC information. Note that that there are two versions of the filter whether your video renderer is overlay or VMR9.

You will find attached the file graph.jpg which gives a general idea on how to connect Dscaler to display the Closed captioning.

In case you use Zoomplayer, here are the ready to use configuration which assumes you use Reclock as the Audio renderer. In order to make it work you must copy either of these file in the "ZoomPlayer\\MediaGraph" directory and rename then to "ts.mediagraph". Then in the "Filter" menu of Zoomplayer 4.51, you need to uncheck the option "Enable customized playback" and select the option "auto by extension" in the "management" Tab.

- "VMR ts.mediagraph": use VRM9 as video renderer
- "overlay ts.mediagraph": use overlay as video renderer

I kind of forget where I put the modified source code, so it will come later.

Kzeuh

Dscaler5.IVTC.251206.zip 152.6962890625k . file
post #202 of 342 Old 12-25-2006, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Wow an update, didnt see this coming! Thank you, BEST software codec for telecined 1080i material....BEST!
Merry Christmas
post #203 of 342 Old 12-25-2006, 09:46 PM
Advanced Member

Hallelujah!
post #204 of 342 Old 12-26-2006, 01:13 AM

Thanks so much. This mod pisses on nvidias hardware IVTC, which imho, never worked.

Merry Christmas, and I hope the new year brings more updates.
post #205 of 342 Old 12-26-2006, 02:36 AM - Thread Starter

I must have been drinking too much apple juice I forgot to attach the Graphedit snapshot. Here it is ...

Graph.zip 22.845703125k . file
post #206 of 342 Old 12-26-2006, 03:29 AM
Advanced Member

Hi kzueh,

Greetings and thank you for the new version.

John has added support for NV12 in his version, but cannot find it in your version. Is there a way to enable NV12 support?

Thank you once again for the best Mpeg2 decoder.
post #207 of 342 Old 12-26-2006, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter

The IVTC mod is still based on the old Dscaler 5 0.6 version. John has reorganized all the image processing and added support for NV12 in later versions. I am afraid I don't have the time to merge my additions with latest John source code which is quite different from version 0.6.

However, if someone can show me the relevance of NV12, I may add this specific feature. Be aware it may take some time to code since all of the optimisations of the IVTC assume the output is YV12 or YUV2.
post #208 of 342 Old 12-26-2006, 06:55 AM
Advanced Member

Hi kzeuh,

Thank you for the reply. According to John, ATI's latest Catalyst driver provide superior de-interlacing in NV12 mode. It may not be relevant for film based content.

So if NV12 is available, Dscaler5 can be used for video content as well.

Thanks and best regards.
post #209 of 342 Old 12-26-2006, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Not trying to go off topic here but kzeuh, how exactly did you create a .mediagraph file?

I tried using xml2zoom but I get no output file. Dos prompt doesnt give me any kind of error and I read through inmatrix documentation. Seems like this was meant for Dvd's....I dont know, im stuck....
Thank you in advance.
post #210 of 342 Old 12-26-2006, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkazador View Post

Not trying to go off topic here but kzeuh, how exactly did you create a .mediagraph file?

I tried using xml2zoom but I get no output file. Dos prompt doesnt give me any kind of error and I read through inmatrix documentation. Seems like this was meant for Dvd's....I dont know, im stuck....
Thank you in advance.

In fact you can directly write your mediagraph file, the structure of the file is quite straight forward: you need to declare first the filters that you are going to use, then you can describe the connections. To get the names of the pins you just need to use graphedit. Please note that the source filter is provided by Zoomplayer and doesn't need to be specified

Otherwise, you can build your graph using an old version of Graphedit (build 011008). This version offers the ability to save a file in .xgr format which is a XML format. For some strange reasons xml support has vanished in later releases and it is likely that your version of graphedit is too recent. You can then use the tool xml2zoom provided by inmatrix to convert the xml file to a mediagraph file.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page