Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #1 of 92 Old 10-29-2005, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Windows Media Center 2005 PC. I have an ATI HDTV Wonder in slot 3 and the A180 in Slot 2 of my Abit NF7-S version 2 motherboard. I also have an analog NVTV tuner (wow, what a crappy comb filter this thing must have) which I put either in slot 4 or 5 (4 shares an IRQ with my AGP slot, 5 and 1 share with each oher and the SiL3112 SATARaid controller). In any case, the NVTV and ATI tuners all work fine in Media Center when using a 320GB SATA WD harddrive. When I try the A180 it has pixellation (like its getting data loss, IRQ conclicts or something). If I use a PATA IDE harddrive (also WD) instead of the SATA, the A180 works without stutter or pixellation. If I use the IDE as the boot drive, but try to use the SATA as the TV recording/buffering drive, then the A180 pixellation issue comes back. I am using the D27 Abit BIOS with ExtP2P set to 1ms, and I don't think the harddrive is showing any corruption or slow running. I have the 1.0.0.51 drivers from Windows Update for the SATA controller. I also used the 1.0.0.51 drivers (from SI this time) on disk to do a clean install of MCE on the SATA harddrive. I still have both OS's installed, but usually boot into the IDE drvie OS because it works with both digital tuners. I know at least one other user of MCE has this issue. He was posting in the NVIDIA decoder forum. I asked him to switch to PATA and shut off his SATA controller (also a Silicon Images 3112 I beleive), and it fixed his studder/judder/stutter (whatever you want to call it). Anyway, I have a thread at the Abit forums, and I have tried AverMedia Tech support. I decided this seemed to be an important enough issue to warrant a new thread (and it didn't fit into the nvidia forum anymore anyway). For people with A180 stuttering: If you are using SATA (especially on a Silicon Images PCI based controller) you may want to consider trying an old IDE drive you may have lying around to see if it fixes your stuttering. If it does, then we may be able to convince someone to try and fix this possible driver/hardware issue.

Note: using the latest Si3112 SATARaid WHQL driver from WU (1.00.53, I think)
Note: SiI3112 driver from windows update is now up to 1.0.56.1 (there was a 1.0.56.0 also). None of these drivers fixed my system.
Note: currently "fixing" my problem with a SOYO PATA to SATA adapter so my SATA HD is actually running off of IDE channel 1. It's not the solution I am hoping for, but for now it is all I can do.
Note: Now fixed by using IDE drive for system entirely. My sata drive seems to be having problems. I will be hooking it back up after a clean image is installed and AverMedia updates their driver.
Note: also tried the MantaRay D26 BIOS with newest SATA firmware(4.2.76), but no dice :(

Win7Ult x64:P8Z77V Deluxe, 8GB DDR3, ATI 6670, i5-3570k, 3 Ceton InfiniTV4 PCIe, Hauppauge 2250, Fractal Arc Midi SSP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 92 Old 10-29-2005, 09:25 PM

Well, I'm not using MCE but I have been trying to get my A180 working properly with the latest SageTV beta. I have a Gigabyte GA-7n400 Pro2 Rev2, which has the SiI3512 chip, which I think is very similar to the 3112. I'd been getting stuttering in my HD recordings from the A180, and I'm using two SATA drives (not RAID) on the 3512 controller for my recording drives. Your post inspired me to try setting up a new recording drive on my PATA boot drive to see if it made any difference, and it did! Finally, good recordings. I'm running version 1.2.0.57 of the driver for the 3512, which I think I pulled down from Windows Update (the Gigabyte site only offers an older driver 1.1.0.52 on their site).

I've read negative comments about the Silicon Image controller on other sites, and it looks like the drivers haven't been updated in a while, so I don't have my hopes up that this will be fixed. I may have to start looking for a different motherboard...
post #3 of 92 Old 10-29-2005, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I'm glad to hear you have found this to fix your problem. That narrows it down a little more. Its not just a Media Center thing (probably), and not just the 3112 and 10051 drivers. Anyway, I tried to suggest this solution to people in the A180 stutter thread a little while back, but they were all convinced it has to do with decoders. They also are not using Media Center. I think they may find that it is decoders to begin with, but after that doesn't fix it they may find its the SI drivers (for some software, but maybe not for others). One of them told me it worked on their SATA, but I don't remember what SATA controller they were using. I would venture a guess that its not the SI controllers that we use, unless they were using WatchHDTV (I got that working with the A180 using a SATA drive, but only for live ATSC tv). Anyway, glad you have a way to use your A180 without stuttering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblust
I may have to start looking for a different motherboard...
If you find a good board, post back. I have been looking, but I need nVidia hardware audio onboard or enough PCI slots to use my 3 tuners and a possible new audio card. I would also need a new video card unless I find a board that uses AGP. Too bad too, because I just bought my A6600GT TDH for this MCE PC.

Win7Ult x64:P8Z77V Deluxe, 8GB DDR3, ATI 6670, i5-3570k, 3 Ceton InfiniTV4 PCIe, Hauppauge 2250, Fractal Arc Midi SSP
post #4 of 92 Old 10-30-2005, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Anyone using an A180 with SATA that has it working (or not) could help by posting what controller and/or motherboard you are using. Thanks

post #5 of 92 Old 10-30-2005, 12:52 PM

I have the AOPEN AX4R Plus with the SiI 3112 SATA controller. Currently I'm using the Silicon Image driver version 1.0.0.51 dated 8/27/2004. Timeshifting with the MyHD MDP-120 works perfectly. I've had trouble with other driver versions creating occasional delays, although I didn't have anything to timeshift when I was using them.
post #6 of 92 Old 10-30-2005, 01:39 PM

Excellent post man, this also solved my problem. I have an Asus NForce 2 motherboard with SiL3112 SATARaid controller (1.0.0.32)w/ 1 Maxtor 250gig SATA drive (and 3 IDE drives).

I just upgraded my Sage box with the A180 and GeForce 6600GT. The Avermedia app seemed to be working but Sage was stuttering badly. I tried pretty much every suggestion I could find from DXVA to AGP aperature size. I was trying to break down the differences between the two apps and was focused on decoders and then I realized another difference was that Sage was always recording and the Aver app wasn't. Once I tried to record with the Aver app it stuttered so bad it literally would either lock up the machine or reboot it. Popped on to AVS to research any issues regarding drives/persistance and found this thread.

Moved Aver recordings to a freshly formatted IDE drive. Perfect. Moved to a VERY cluttered IDE storage drive. It was 28% fragmented (ttl) and only had 8% free but it worked perfectly. I'm defragging my SATA drive just for grins but I doubt it will matter.

Thanks MUCH for taking the time to share your data. I was literally going to order another SATA drive tonight and your post saved a lot of hassle.

peace . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by denyart
Anyone using an A180 with SATA that has it working (or not) could help by posting what controller and/or motherboard you are using. Thanks

PVR user since the late 1900's . . .
post #7 of 92 Old 10-31-2005, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadsaab
I have the AOPEN AX4R Plus with the SiI 3112 SATA controller. Currently I'm using the Silicon Image driver version 1.0.0.51 dated 8/27/2004. Timeshifting with the MyHD MDP-120 works perfectly. I've had trouble with other driver versions creating occasional delays, although I didn't have anything to timeshift when I was using them.
It seems this only affects AverMedia AverTVHD MCE A180 cards at this point. I have an ATI HDTV Wonder in my system, and it works fine with any hard disk setup. You say you are using a MyHD MDP-120, and it works with SiI3112 SATA setup. I am glad to hear it. I was almost going to get a MDP-120 originally, but I knew I wanted to use MCE2005 so I got an ATI HDTV Wonder instead. I hope more people are looking at this thread to solve possible stuttering issues with this tuner, because the more notice it gets, the more people will be able to fix their studder and/or the more likely we will be able to find a solution. There has to be a way to make this card work with this SATA controller, because the ATI card works (and you know what ATI drivers can be like ;) ).

post #8 of 92 Old 10-31-2005, 01:00 PM

I've A180 and record to SATA drive without any problem. But I have an Intel chipset. So it might be a conflict between Sil3112 and A180.
post #9 of 92 Old 10-31-2005, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejq
I've A180 and record to SATA drive without any problem. But I have an Intel chipset. So it might be a conflict between Sil3112 and A180.
So your Intel chipset has SATA built into the north or southbridge then, not as an add-on chip using the PCI interface? If so, then I beleive that is precisely what the current idea is. I think any system that uses a different SATA controller may work fine. I may try an "external" pci SATA card sometime and see if that fixes the stuttering. I just need to get one I can return if it doesn't work, and perfeably without a Silicon Images chipset on it. I would get a new mobo with a nforce 4 chipset and built in SATARaid, but at this point I have spent enough on this system for the rest of the year. Anyone know of a good AMD based system board with SATA in the northbridge and onboard hardware nvidia audio?

post #10 of 92 Old 11-01-2005, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denyart
So your Intel chipset has SATA built into the north or southbridge then, not as an add-on chip using the PCI interface?
Yes. My MB uses Intel 857P chipset which has integrated SATA.
post #11 of 92 Old 11-01-2005, 06:13 PM

I have an MSI motherboard with an SiL 3114 SATA controller using version 1.1.0.0 of that driver; I have not had any stuttering problems at all.

Wayne Thomas
post #12 of 92 Old 11-01-2005, 06:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Aver app stutters for me w/ the A180.

WatchHDTV w/ A180 = no stutter

Of course I had to switch my computer to

Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC.

now all the stutters (caused by IRQ sharing) are gone.

It's the job of the salesman to give honest and accurate product info and let the customer decide if it fits their needs.
post #13 of 92 Old 11-01-2005, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneThomas
I have an MSI motherboard with an SiL 3114 SATA controller using version 1.1.0.0 of that driver; I have not had any stuttering problems at all.
I am very interested that the 3114 doesn't have a problem in your system. Can you give more specs and settings please? I think the 3114 is a newer model too. Can anyone confirm?

post #14 of 92 Old 11-01-2005, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullgates
Aver app stutters for me w/ the A180.

WatchHDTV w/ A180 = no stutter

Of course I had to switch my computer to

Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC.

now all the stutters (caused by IRQ sharing) are gone.
Are timeshifting in your system? I can get the A180 to work in WatchHDTV, but that is because it isn't recording anything to the harddisk. Can you specify more, and are you running MCE with no stutter? Are you using SATA or not? What SATA controller, if any? Thanks

post #15 of 92 Old 11-01-2005, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member

1. Using XP not MCE

2. SiI 3112 SATA Raid

3. XP2500 w/ Abit NF7-2 v2 (Nforce 2 board)

4. Creating a recording causes crash for me w/ WatchHDTV 1.84 ...... but to be fair I just downloaded it and trying to figure out what the problem.

5. Live tv is stutter free on A180 w/ the above program.

It's the job of the salesman to give honest and accurate product info and let the customer decide if it fits their needs.
post #16 of 92 Old 11-01-2005, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullgates
1. Using XP not MCE

2. SiI 3112 SATA Raid

3. XP2500 w/ Abit NF7-2 v2 (Nforce 2 board)

4. Creating a recording causes crash for me w/ WatchHDTV 1.84 ...... but to be fair I just downloaded it and trying to figure out what the problem.

5. Live tv is stutter free on A180 w/ the above program.
Live tv is stutter free because it is not recording it to the harddisk (i.e. not timeshifting). This was already known, and in post 3 I said...
Quote:
One of them told me it worked on their SATA, but I don't remember what SATA controller they were using. I would venture a guess that its not the SI controllers that we use, unless they were using WatchHDTV (I got that working with the A180 using a SATA drive, but only for live ATSC tv).
So I can watch live hd with WatchHDTV too, but not timeshift or record. Thanks for posting though. It does verify that WatchHDTV will work for live tv (for probably anyone in this situation).

post #17 of 92 Old 11-09-2005, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I am curious to see if anyone can come forward with a Windows Media Center Edition 2005 computer that uses an AverMedia AverTVHD MCE A180 and a Silicon Images Serial ATA controller (either SATARaid on the motherboard like my SiI3112 or SATALink like some PCI cards) that doesn't have any pixilation. I originally called it stuttering, but it is really just pixillation because the audio doesn't skip and the video stays up to speed with no obvious frames missing. It merely pixillates the image fairly regularly. I have some speculative idea that it may be possible that this effect doesn't happen in a raid configuration, but no hard evidence. If anyone is using a SiI3112 or SiI3512 PCI SATA controller and has no problems with their AverMedia A180, please post your setup. I am going to try a separate PCI SATA card and see what happens at some point, but for now I am going to live with PATA. Hopefully people who have stuttering studdering juddering pixillation pixellation or whatever you want to call it have at least looked at this thread and thought about switching off their SATA controllers to see if it fixes it.

post #18 of 92 Old 11-18-2005, 11:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
I am glad I found this thread. I have just upgraded to SageTV 4.0 and bought a Dvico Fusion5 Lite. It runs smoothly with FusionHDTV program, but stutters badly with SageTV. Currently I only have a 160gig WD Caviar SATA connected to the Silicon 3112 controller. I have a Hauppauge PVR150MCE in PCI-3, and the Dvico is in PCI-4. Due to clearance issues (stupid capacitors), only PCI 3,4,and 5 are usable for these cards. I specifically avoided slot 5 because it's shared with silicon 3112. I think I may have found the source of my problem.

I also have a 250gig WD IDE drive, but it's so loud I'd rather not have it in my HTPC case. Do you think it's a good idea to use external enclosure?
post #19 of 92 Old 11-19-2005, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelracing
I am glad I found this thread. I have just upgraded to SageTV 4.0 and bought a Dvico Fusion5 Lite. It runs smoothly with FusionHDTV program, but stutters badly with SageTV. Currently I only have a 160gig WD Caviar SATA connected to the Silicon 3112 controller. I have a Hauppauge PVR150MCE in PCI-3, and the Dvico is in PCI-4. Due to clearance issues (stupid capacitors), only PCI 3,4,and 5 are usable for these cards. I specifically avoided slot 5 because it's shared with silicon 3112. I think I may have found the source of my problem.

I also have a 250gig WD IDE drive, but it's so loud I'd rather not have it in my HTPC case. Do you think it's a good idea to use external enclosure?
First, this problem you are describing is with a different tuner, but you may have the same problem. If you noticed this thread was very specific to the AverMedia MCE A180 because I know it does not effect the ATI HDTV Wonder. If it effects your Dvico card as well that would be news. 1st question, does the FusionHDTV program buffer or cache the live tv to the SATA drive while you are watching? If it doesn't write the live tv to disk that explains why it works but SageTV doesn't. I am fairly sure Sage caches tv just like Windows MCE. 2nd question, when you say external enclosure, are you planning to use the SATA drive for your OS and put the IDE drive in an external enclosure as the cached tv and recorded tv drive? If you do that, then the data would need to flow through the USB or IEEE1394 bus as well. That would add another level of complication to the tv buffer. I am not saying it wouldn't work, but I doubt I would bother unless you really want to. You will still have a loud drive in an external enclosure that has to be somewhere within cable connection distance of your HTPC. If you know you don't have an IRQ sharing issue (which it sounds like you understand that) and you have stuttering or pixilation with one HD program but not another, then you may want to see if one is buffering or caching the signal. If the buffering program has stutters and the other doesn't, then look at the chain it goes through to write the buffer data. If it has a pci based Silicon Images SiI3X12 contrller, then you may have this problem. I know it affects the AverMedia AverTVHD MCE A180 whitebox tuner, and I know it does not affect the ATI HDTV Wonder. Let me know if you can determine that it affects the DVICO Fusion5 Lite. My suggestion would be try the IDE drive as your only drive. Put the OS and the recorded tv on it and see if it works. Then you could add the SATA drive as a data drive (leave the IDE drive as the boot drive) and switch the tv buffer to the SATA drive. If the stuttering goes away using IDE and comes back when you use the SATA, then you have come close enough to proving you have the same problem. Anyone else with a Fusion5 Lite card, feel free to contribute. I don't have this card, and cannot test anything. Good luck

post #20 of 92 Old 11-20-2005, 12:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Yes the main issue appears to be that SageTV writes the playback data onto the harddrive while FusionHDTV doesn't. (Timeshifiting off: playback is smooth, timeshifting on: playback is bad) I will buy an IDE drive and see if that solves the problem. I have the same silicon 3112 sata controller as you described. I suspect it's the source of the stutters.
post #21 of 92 Old 11-21-2005, 08:25 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Regarding the SageTV 4 and stuttering, I've found that the stuttering does not exist when using Overlay. When Using VMR9, DXVA, and 3D acceleration there is a ton of stutter.

I use a P4 3.0e, 865PE board, 120GB PATA, and r9700pro, Avermedia A180 and a Vbox DT150.

Just something to think about...
post #22 of 92 Old 11-21-2005, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

That is interesting, but if you use MCE you are stuck with VMR9. Also the recorded dvr-ms files I have made using the A180 and SATA in Media Center did not play back any better in WMP using overlay. So your problem is related to VMR, but this particular problem is not. If I were you, I would beg borrow or steal a video with better hardware support for VMR and see if your stutters go away. BTW, is your processor running hard when you try VMR9 instead of overlay? Just some ideas. Thanks for posting.

post #23 of 92 Old 11-21-2005, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
CPU ranges from 12-23% using VMR9, it's probably related to the video card. :(
post #24 of 92 Old 11-22-2005, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelracing
Yes the main issue appears to be that SageTV writes the playback data onto the harddrive while FusionHDTV doesn't. (Timeshifiting off: playback is smooth, timeshifting on: playback is bad) I will buy an IDE drive and see if that solves the problem. I have the same silicon 3112 sata controller as you described. I suspect it's the source of the stutters.
I'm in a very similiar situation to you. But... My timshifting with fusion seems to work fine.. At least it did last night with MNF. Two of the three Dvico demo files play fine with sage (on the sata drive) But one causes 100%CPU usage and steals a big chunk of memory.

I have an a7n8x deluxe with a 2.06GHz Barton with 512MB and XP SP1. My video card is a saphire radeon 9600 pro atlantis

Jim
post #25 of 92 Old 11-23-2005, 06:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Oh yeah I totally forgot to check back. I took a WD2500BB (ATA100) from another machine and put it in my HTPC. I formated it (64k). Then I changed the recording destination to the new harddrive. NO MORE STUTTERING.

Although I am still having trouble with VMR9 because there is a slight stuttering problem. (cpu usage less than 40% during VMR9) I have no problem with overlay and PQ is amazing in high def. I read in Sage's forums that many have problem with VMR9 also. Does anyone have ideas? Driver tweaks?

specs of my htpc:

Abit NF7-S rev. 2.0, AthlonXP 2500+, 512mb pc2700, Gigabyte 6600 Turbo Force Edition, WD1600JD (sata), WD2500BB (ata), Hauppauge PVR-150mce, Dvico Fusion5 Lite.
post #26 of 92 Old 11-27-2005, 11:46 PM

This is a very good thread on this problem.............

Some stats:
AMD 64 3200
512 ram
1 Hauppauge 150
2 A180 (also a HDTV wonder, but not in use)
Gigabyte Ga-k8ns ultra
300 GB SATA
40 GB PATA (boot)

I have just recently come across this with a similar problem. I have a Gigabyte motherboard with the 3112 controller. I recently switched to using the 3112 SATA connection (my board has 4 SATA connections, only 2 are using the 3112 chip).

I rebuilt my PC (twice because of this problem) and wanted to try out the 3112 port for future raid configurations. During the install I added all of the updates from MS including MCE rollup 2. After MCE setup, live TV would stutter on every channel.

I did not know it at the time that the stuttering was being caused by using the 3112 with an A180 card. I first thought it was the new installation. I rebuilt a second time, this time I did not install rollup 2. I manually had to install rollup 1 though. At this point I setup MCE and tested live and recorded TV. Both recorded and live worked great.

I then installed rollup 2. Live TV now stuttered on every channel. I was thinking that it was just rollup 2 and the A180's as I did try out the ATI HDTV card and it worked fine. Nothing I did would fix the stutter using either of the A180s.

I then searched the web and came across this thread. From what I have read here and my own findings, it seems it is a combination of using a A180 card + Sil 3112 port + MCE rollup 2.

I did switch to a non 3112 port and the stutter was eliminated ( thanks to you all :) ).

I will be letting Avermedia know of this problem. If anything comes of that, I will post it here.

Thanks,
G
post #27 of 92 Old 11-28-2005, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuszkie
I'm in a very similiar situation to you. But... My timshifting with fusion seems to work fine.. At least it did last night with MNF. Two of the three Dvico demo files play fine with sage (on the sata drive) But one causes 100%CPU usage and steals a big chunk of memory.

I have an a7n8x deluxe with a 2.06GHz Barton with 512MB and XP SP1. My video card is a saphire radeon 9600 pro atlantis

Jim
Ok.. I checked again.. and it turns out I was timshifting to my PATA drive. When I switched to the SATA the picture got studdery... I tried upgrading a bunch and I lowered my PCI latency in the BIOS to 64 and that seemed to help.. but I guess I'll just have to get a different SATA card or stay PATA.. Maybe I'll buy a new MB and upgrade to a ATHLON 64! which will hopfully have a different SATA chip! :)
post #28 of 92 Old 11-28-2005, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Irong: Interesting find. I thought I remembered having the stuttering with rollup 1, but that was in the middle of some intense troubleshooting and perhaps it was not quite the way I remembered it. I may try a clean install of MCE2005 and rollup 1 to see if it will allow the A180 and the SATA to work together. I do remember that this effect was not noticed prior to rollup 2, but I mayy have just not noticed it because I was using PATA most of that time and only added SATA around the same time as rollup 2. I wonder if you were sure you were using the SATA drive for timeshifting with rollup 1 and not having any problems??? I'm sure you are right, but that would mean there is a new twist to this problem.

jbuszkie: I kind of guessed you would find your timeshifting was going to PATA. I have thought I magically fixed the problem before after switching the Recorded TV to SATA and finding no studdering, but upon further inspection I found the TempRec folder on the SATA drive was not being used (for some reason it doesn't always switch unless you restart media center or even sometimes the computer). Anyway, it is interesting now that someone seems to be pointing the finger at rollup 2 being part of the problem. That is entirely possible from my viewpoint. Can anyone else who has this problem prove otherwise? I think the only way to tell for sure is with a clean reinstall of MCE because just uninstalling rollup 2 and installing rollup 1 may just mess up all kinds of things and not prove anything (unless of course it fixes the problem entirely). Well it is good to see people are finding this thread helpful. I hope it keeps getting more attention as I think it may be the root cause of the stuttering that many people are seeing. They just haven't explored this possibility because decoders, tuners and video cards seem like such likely culprits. Nobody would immediately suspect their SATA controller.

post #29 of 92 Old 11-28-2005, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I had a A180 card for a short time and did not have any studdering problems on my SATA drives. However, I have an Intel chip, not the 3112, so I guess that is the difference. I didn't have problems with either rollup1 or 2.

However, I did have terrible reception on the A180 and could only get one channel (with three sub channels) out of about 8 channels (with a total of about 18 channels with sub channels) that both my TV (with build in ATSC tuner) and a MyHD 130 card have no problems getting with strong signal strength displayed on both of those tuners. Therefore I returned the A180 card and will be looking for a replacement card to get HD with MCE (the MyHD card doesn't interface with MCE).

- Brian

CQC user since 2005

SageTV user since 2007

PBX in a Flash user since 2012

post #30 of 92 Old 11-28-2005, 01:04 PM

Denyart.......I first need to make a correction: my board has a 3512 controller not a 3112. Sorry about that, but it still is a similar problem. Maybe this explains why you may have stuttering with rollup 1.

Anyway,for my particular setup I'm 100% sure that adding rollup 2 the stuttering started. I suspected it being rollup 2, but for different reasons. I was going to leave it without installing rollup 2, but I liked the new features in it.

I tested every channel for several minutes and had no stuttering. After updating with rollup 2, every channel had stuttering right away. Once I saw this post, changed to the Nvidia SATA port which stopped the stuttering.

I do have another board with a similar configuration (need to check what version sil chip though) and may try it over the weekend. I'll let you know the results if I'm able to.

G
Closed Thread Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page