Seeking FusionHDTV II and original FusionHDTV 3 users - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-29-2005, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Any adventuring users of the FusionHDTV II & original FusionHDTV 3 (dual RF inputs, no daughter board, identified as 18ac:d800 .... the other two Fusion 3 modles are already supported) out there who would care to try their cards under Linux?

See this post for details and futher questions.

CK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-19-2006, 07:12 AM

Liked: 10
I know this post over a half year old, but I have a Fusion3 card I would like to get running under linux. I have Knoppmyth installed right now and have been banging my head against the wall until I found your posts on the DVB mailing lists and came to realize my flavor of the 3 card wasn't natively supported like the Q and T variants were months ago.
Was there ever a resolution to this problem? I'm no linux master, but I have some experience and am not adverse to tinkering....

Thanks,
J.J.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-19-2006, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Hi JJ,

Saw your post on the dvb mailing list.

For sake of prosperity for others:

- The lastest info about Fusion 2 testing starts in this thread here

- The latest info about the original variant of the Fusion 3 starts here and picks up again here.

CK
post #4 of 5 Old 06-21-2006, 03:11 PM

Liked: 10
CK,
Just a quick update, I was able to get the card working under linux using the dvb-utils. Basically, you have to use the card=17 option when loading the cx88xx driver to force the card to load as a Gold-Q card, which has the same chipsets on it.
Be aware, the original Gold 3 card does not support QAM, only ATSC.

So, for now you can use the card=17 option to get your original Gold 3 card to work, and native support of this card should make it into the 2.6.18 kernel.

J.J.

ps.
I couldn't post the URL since I'm a new member, but you can follow the message thread posted above to see my post about the success and the reply from the developer.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-21-2006, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Good to hear you had success JJ.
Quote:
Be aware, the original Gold 3 card does not support QAM, only ATSC.
Indeed, QAM support shouldn't be expected. Nonetheless, there were sporadic cases of users finding some (degree of) success (I recall a few reports here on AVS), so you might want to make an attempt to see if you can pull anything in off the wire. For more background info see this/these thread(s).
Quote:
and the reply from the developer.
Just as a FYI - Mike is the de facto maintainer the ATSC & ITU-T J.83 Annex B class of cards for the linux dvb project, as well as an active developer. However, in this case, the original code developer was Mac (he produced the code for the second variant of the F3 - the Q model - which is a near analogue to the original F3 .... whereas Mike produced the code for the later, and less similar, third variant - the T model)....although Mike may have provided some small patch code to enable identification of the orignial F3 (I'm not certain if he did)...
Closed Thread Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page