Cliff Watson EPG add-on for MyHD, FusionHDTV, and HD Homerun - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 3897 Old 07-04-2006, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, i'm not sure why you would not be seeing a "Access Violation" error, but it's seems you've found a bug in that I have a limit of 200 channels and you seem to be pulling in almost 300 from zap2it.

I'm assuming that you either made changes to pull that many in on the zap2it web site, or they made some lineup changes and turned them all on for you without you knowing.

Try going to their web site and edit you lineup to delete unnecessary channels to get below the 200 limit and see if that helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 3897 Old 07-04-2006, 07:15 PM

AH, that kinda makes sense. When I was running the download via a BATCH file I did get warning messages that 4 were added. but I dont know where the other 96 came from :-)

actually there were almost 800 selected in the ZAP2IT listings I was using, I thought for sure there were near that many when I first started using it but cant say for a fact...

anyways I un-selected all but about 60 and it is working perfect again. I appreciate all the effort and assistance..

BTW - I would LOVE to move next door to anyone that is able to even receive 200 un-encrypted digital/HD channels :-)

Patrick
----------
post #453 of 3897 Old 07-04-2006, 07:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pglenn View Post

BTW - I would LOVE to move next door to anyone that is able to even receive 200 un-encrypted digital/HD channels :-)

Yea... I kinda wondered about that. I thought you must have been awfully lucky to get all those.

I know there are a few cablecos that have most of their lineup on QAM, but VERY few.
post #454 of 3897 Old 07-12-2006, 03:42 PM

Hello,

I recently recieved my MyHD 130 and have been messing around with it along with the CW EPG. I did try to read through most of the previous posts to see if my issues were already covered but I still could have missed the solution to mine.

First off, when I first started to run CW_EPG.exe it would not do anything. It just sat there saying Loading Configuration which did nothing. (I left it for over an hour) It appears as though (at least on my two systems) if on your initial start of CW_EPG.exe you do not enter any infomation and you just have the program close, every subsequent time you load the program it will be stuck at the screen I was at. Going into the system registry and deleting the entry that gets created there however immediately solved the problem and I was prompted to put in my zap2it information (as I was not getting this messege before.)

Now that I have it running and such I am having the most difficult time trying to get it to run correctly. I am unable to see my Analog channels in my MyHD list. I see all of my digital channels including my HD ones. The zap2it information is correctly downloaded. I see all of those channels in that EPG DT Channels list and if I map one of those in the list, such as Comedy Central, it will then show me all the information for that channel and what shows will be coming on.

So far I have...
deleted everything except the CW_EPG.exe and re-did everything.
Uninstalled the MyHD software, reinstalled it (1.66) and recopied over the MyHD.exe from the pack
Tried scanning with virtual mode enabled / disabled
Tried scanning with Multi antenna mode enabled / disabled
Tried with favorite mode enabled / disabled
Tried with QAM enabled / disabled
... and all combinations of such.
I have tried having only on channel in the list (analog)
I have timeshifting fully disabled.

I am sure that I am just missing something or not doing something correctly but I have run out of ideas on what could be causing this issue as to why it is not pulling my analog channels. Any help would be greatly appreicated!

-Ryan
post #455 of 3897 Old 07-12-2006, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageOutLoud View Post

First off, when I first started to run CW_EPG.exe it would not do anything. It just sat there saying Loading Configuration which did nothing. (I left it for over an hour) It appears as though (at least on my two systems) if on your initial start of CW_EPG.exe you do not enter any infomation and you just have the program close, every subsequent time you load the program it will be stuck at the screen I was at. Going into the system registry and deleting the entry that gets created there however immediately solved the problem and I was prompted to put in my zap2it information (as I was not getting this messege before.)

I'll look into that. Thanks.

Quote:

I am unable to see my Analog channels in my MyHD list. I see all of my digital channels including my HD ones. The zap2it information is correctly downloaded. I see all of those channels in that EPG DT Channels list and if I map one of those in the list, such as Comedy Central, it will then show me all the information for that channel and what shows will be coming on.

CW_EPG does not support analog channels at this time and may never, thus, the analog channels set up in MyHD are NOT listed.....
post #456 of 3897 Old 07-12-2006, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtvincr View Post

I'll look into that. Thanks.

CW_EPG does not support analog channels at this time and may never, thus, the analog channels set up in MyHD are NOT listed.....

Thanks for the quick reply. I was pretty much drawing that conclusion since I had that much trouble. Are there any EPG's out there that do work with the MyHD 130. I'd like to be able to just see whats on my regular channels and setup a recording here and there, whereas the HDTV channels will probably be setup with recording entire seasons of particular shows. Thank again.
post #457 of 3897 Old 07-12-2006, 04:56 PM

I am wanting to record any shows that include Cousteau in the title. I have entered a watch-list-item for *cousteau. Tonight there is a show called "Jean-Michael Cousteau: Ocean Adventures" and it was not found during the search. I thought from the readme that "*" preceding a word would make that a wildcard search. I verified my spelling is correct, but no luck with the search.

Patrick
----------
post #458 of 3897 Old 07-12-2006, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I am wanting to record any shows that include Cousteau in the title. I have entered a watch-list-item for *cousteau. Tonight there is a show called "Jean-Michael Cousteau: Ocean Adventures" and it was not found during the search. I thought from the readme that "*" preceding a word would make that a wildcard search. I verified my spelling is correct, but no luck with the search.

The wildcard format got changed. Guess the docs didn't get updated.

Normal wildcard formatting is now implemented, i.e. your "*cousteau" will match any entry that ENDS with "cousteau" and "cousteau*" would find anything that begins with "cousteau". What you need to use is "*cousteau*" to find "cousteau" anywhere in the title.

I will make sure the docs are updated next go around.
post #459 of 3897 Old 07-12-2006, 06:07 PM

AH, ok, cool.... I would suppose then that I could use *xxx cousteau*" to find anything that included the "phrase" in it correct?

once again I appreciate your efforts and assistance...

Patrick
----------
post #460 of 3897 Old 07-12-2006, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't understand what you are asking, but, yes you can put phrases such as "*Jack Cousteau*" would find anything with Jack Cousteau in it. "*J??? Cousteau*" would find Jack or John Cousteau.....
post #461 of 3897 Old 07-12-2006, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

Thanks for the quick reply. I was pretty much drawing that conclusion since I had that much trouble. Are there any EPG's out there that do work with the MyHD 130. I'd like to be able to just see whats on my regular channels and setup a recording here and there, whereas the HDTV channels will probably be setup with recording entire seasons of particular shows. Thank again.

Check the MyHD MetaFAQ where it says, "don't use MyHD for NTSC recordings".
post #462 of 3897 Old 07-12-2006, 11:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtvincr View Post

The wildcard format got changed. ...

I will make sure the docs are updated next go around.

What about "M*A*S*H".

At first it did not work but it is working now doing the recording and the CW_EPG program was not updated.

SHF
post #463 of 3897 Old 07-12-2006, 11:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

FreeGuide 10.5 is scheduled to have a feature that will be able to do some of the scheduling. It will NOT be as good as CW_EPG (I have tried) but I assume that analog captures will be able to be scheduled.

NOTE! FreeGuide 10.4 has NOT been released yet, but it is very close.

The code for 10.5 "MAY" be done, the code was done by a group independent of the normal developers and they have not looked at it in detail yet. They may reject, use parts or do the work starting over from the beginning.
post #464 of 3897 Old 07-13-2006, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Stephen--

I don't know if the pattern-matching algorithm that Tim's using has an "escape code" or not. (Tim?) If it does you could use that to insert the literal asterisks needed to match "M*A*S*H". Otherwise, I'd try "M?A?S?H" as a workaround.
post #465 of 3897 Old 07-13-2006, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

M*A*S*H should work just fine as is, as well as M?A?S?H.

No escape codes for literal asterisks. In fact, I tried putting "M*A*S*H" (including the quotations) and it hung the program so don't that!
post #466 of 3897 Old 07-16-2006, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Has anyone else noticed that their Labs.zap2it.com subscription used for this program expires soon? (It shows a week for me). What happens then?

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #467 of 3897 Old 07-16-2006, 06:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

You need to log into the labs.zap2it.com site and fill in a 3-4 question survey. Then your "subscription" is renewed for (IIRC) 6 months.

You can do it now to avoid a lapse in access.
post #468 of 3897 Old 07-16-2006, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

3 Months......
post #469 of 3897 Old 07-16-2006, 09:57 PM
Advanced Member

You should have gotten an email with a link and instructions for renewal. Maybe it got lost in a spam filter?
post #470 of 3897 Old 07-17-2006, 11:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 129
The link appeared on the site as being able to be extended a few hours after I posted here. The email may have gotten lost in a spam filter, but its more likely I probably used one of my email accounts designated for junk to sign up for it.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #471 of 3897 Old 07-18-2006, 05:30 AM
AVS Special Member

CW_EPG is supposed to give a reminder a week before your subscription is up, but it is broken. I will get it fixed before the next release.

{EDIT: P.S. - There is also a log entry put into the CW_EPG log every time a download occurs with the expiration date....}
post #472 of 3897 Old 07-18-2006, 03:33 PM

didnt see this mentioned in the DOCs (sorry if it was) but...

is it possible to do searches based on anything besides title? such as show/movie description, or by actors? ie I'd like to record shows like "SoundStage" on PBS based on who is appearing in it, but the title doesnt list that info.

Patrick
----------
post #473 of 3897 Old 07-18-2006, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

didnt see this mentioned in the DOCs (sorry if it was) but...

is it possible to do searches based on anything besides title? such as show/movie description, or by actors? ie I'd like to record shows like "SoundStage" on PBS based on who is appearing in it, but the title doesnt list that info.

Not yet.... Probably in the future.
post #474 of 3897 Old 07-19-2006, 09:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I tried searching but this entire thread doesn't even contain the word "two". I'm seeing two entries for every channel in the guide. Not sure how to fix this. Thanks.

"If you never did, you should. These things are fun and fun is good."- Dr. Seuss
post #475 of 3897 Old 07-20-2006, 01:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Neither are we.

The only known remedy is to delete the file cw_sched.mdb and let CW_EPG reload the entire database from Zap2It. If you have any clues as to the conditions that produced this situation, please pass them along.
post #476 of 3897 Old 07-20-2006, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the info.

Clues? Deleted temp files. CW_EPG would run in the background but couldn't see the interface. Replaced cw_epg.exe and myhd.exe files. Deleted all files from the cw_epg folder except the program file. Deleted mapped channels.

"If you never did, you should. These things are fun and fun is good."- Dr. Seuss
post #477 of 3897 Old 07-20-2006, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Sorry but that's too cryptic, Walt. Who deleted all that stuff and why? What "temp files"? What do you mean by "run in the background", an -auto run?
post #478 of 3897 Old 07-20-2006, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

You said you wanted clues. I deleted the stuff to clean up disk space and then to try to make the double entries go away. I'd click on the CW_EPG program to start it but nothing would happen but when I look at processes in task manager I could see it was running. I could end the process and then it would start up ok.

post #479 of 3897 Old 07-20-2006, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

That's better, thanks. But what "temp files" did you delete?

For future reference or others seeing this issue, all that you need to do to get rid of the bogus doubled data is to delete the cw_sched.mdb and then run CW_EPG to recreate it via a fresh Z2I download.
post #480 of 3897 Old 07-20-2006, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

I deleted the temp files in the temp folder. I don't know what files specifically - they're deleted.

I can't find cs_sched.mdb. I've run CW_EPG and searched my entire computer but can't find cs_sched.mdb.

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page