Cliff Watson EPG add-on for MyHD, FusionHDTV, and HD Homerun - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 3897 Old 04-03-2006, 11:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtvincr View Post

See the post above yours!

Hey, great comment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 3897 Old 04-04-2006, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
When I schedule matches within CW_EPG using the GUI, everything works great, but if I use a windows scheduled task to run CW_EPG.exe -auto -download -myhdepg -wipelog then I don't seem to get anything in the MyHD Reservation List. I tried the latest rev (0.9.2.5), same thing. Are other people having the same problem? or is it just me?
post #183 of 3897 Old 04-04-2006, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
pdeangel--

Are you sure that there were matches within 24 hours that should have been scheduled? I've seen no reports from anyone else with this problem.
post #184 of 3897 Old 04-04-2006, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

When I went to run the program I received a Windows installer error. And a message please wait while Windows Configures DAO, along with a separate DAO message stating Error 1706. No valid source for product DAO.The Windows installer cannot continue.

After this the program appeared to run normally and noted I needed to put my Zap2it data in

Then noting after that and saving that I had to match channels - which I did.

Then on the first show I tried to schedule the installer started up again.

Am I doing something wrong? I thought the exe just ran and no need to run windows installer.

When I start it again the only thing that runs is the windows installer with the error message.

I will shutdown and restart to try and fix it
post #185 of 3897 Old 04-04-2006, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Ralph, I'm guessing you're using NT?????

CW_EPG requires that MDAC ( Microsoft Data Access Components) be installed. Most Windows system already have it installed. Win 95 & NT may not.

You probably need to download and install the appropriate MDAC for your system from here:

MDAC installer

Let me know how this goes....
post #186 of 3897 Old 04-04-2006, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post

Delete unused channels from the channel list and they won't show up in the OSD EPG table.

The Favorites category is designed to provide you a tailored list of "useful" channels. All the channels that you designate as Favorites appear in both channel list and EPG table in Favorites mode.

After further investigation and thinking about what I have seen in the past I believe that the answer you have given is incomplete.

I have TWO (2) "Jazz" channel listing in the EPG display by MyHD. In the past a channel listing only showed after some listings were transmitted by the station.

CW_EPG appearently to me transfered the existing listings in the data base and does not have a method to start with a clean empty database.

If there was a way to start with an empty database, I believe that I will have what I want as CW_EPG will only add the channels it is told by matching in the options and with MyHD no longer looking for the listings from the transmitted signals it will not add any.
post #187 of 3897 Old 04-04-2006, 09:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFischer1 View Post

After further investigation and thinking about what I have seen in the past I believe that the answer you have given is incomplete.

I have TWO (2) "Jazz" channel listing in the EPG display by MyHD. In the past a channel listing only showed after some listings were transmitted by the station.

CW_EPG appearently to me transfered the existing listings in the data base and does not have a method to start with a clean empty database.

If there was a way to start with an empty database, I believe that I will have what I want as CW_EPG will only add the channels it is told by matching in the options and with MyHD no longer looking for the listings from the transmitted signals it will not add any.

I'm a bit confused on this conversation, but I can add this.

CW_EPG can not tell what changes you make while in MyHD. You can add/delete channels, change favorite status, etc. If you DO NOT go back into CW_EPG "Options" and make the appropriate changes there, it will keep on sending the data to the EPG that was there before.

I've tried to catch these situations by checking to see if chaanges were made to MyHD channels and warning the user to recheck the mappings. As for Favorites, I'm not looking at the data right of hand, but I believe those are marked elsewhere and there is no check for changes in their status.
post #188 of 3897 Old 04-04-2006, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm a bit confused on this conversation, but I can add this.

CW_EPG can not tell what changes you make while in MyHD. You can add/delete channels, change favorite status, etc. If you DO NOT go back into CW_EPG "Options" and make the appropriate changes there, it will keep on sending the data to the EPG that was there before.

I've tried to catch these situations by checking to see if chaanges were made to MyHD channels and warning the user to recheck the mappings. As for Favorites, I'm not looking at the data right of hand, but I believe those are marked elsewhere and there is no check for changes in their status.

Let me try again.

I want to have a MyHD database that is clean, in that there are NO channels at all.

Just like the database was when I first installed MyHD and have not started MyHD even once.

I tried to just delete it long ago which did not work.

I believe that if I start with a empty MDB and then run CW_EPG that only the channels that CW_EPG adds which I have configered in the options will appear.

Thats what I want.
post #189 of 3897 Old 04-04-2006, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

You can start with an "empty MDB" but you can't start with an empty MyHD channel list, you need to scan or add channels to that for CW_EPG to have something to match the Zap2It data streams against. Then when you have set up CW_EPG and next run MyHD it will show in the OSD table all of the channels that you have not deleted from in the channel list (or have added to the Favorites list if you're using that mode) with EPG data only for the ones that you matched up in CW_EPG with Zap2It feeds.
post #190 of 3897 Old 04-04-2006, 11:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post

You can start with an "empty MDB" but you can't start with an empty MyHD channel list, you need to scan or add channels to that for CW_EPG to have something to match the Zap2It data streams against. Then when you have set up CW_EPG and next run MyHD it will show in the OSD table all of the channels that you have not deleted from in the channel list (or have added to the Favorites list if you're using that mode) with EPG data only for the ones that you matched up in CW_EPG with Zap2It feeds.

I just did not type what you just said because I am before that point.

I need an empty MDP.

Only then can I take the next steps which I knew already and you just said.
post #191 of 3897 Old 04-04-2006, 11:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Let me try again.

I want to have a MyHD database that is clean, in that there are NO channels at all.

Just like the database was when I first installed MyHD and have not started MyHD even once.

I tried to just delete it long ago which did not work.

I believe that if I start with a empty MDB and then run CW_EPG that only the channels that CW_EPG adds which I have configered in the options will appear.

Thats what I want.

Try this thread for an empty, clean, fresh epg.mdb....

MyHD FAQ epg.mdb discussion
post #192 of 3897 Old 04-05-2006, 05:51 AM

Yep, there where 5 matches that made it into the reservation list when I used the GUI. I then cleared the reservation list and tried again thru the scheduled task and got nothing in the reservation list. I'm also seeing differences between the OSD reservation list and the list thru the MyHD control panel after a show is recorded. Two of the shows recorded last night, they still appeared on the OSD reservation list but they where correctly deleted from the list thru the control panel. I'm going to try uninstalling/reinstalling everything tonight.
post #193 of 3897 Old 04-05-2006, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdeangel View Post

...... I then cleared the reservation list and tried again thru the scheduled task and got nothing in the reservation list.

Did you clear the list using CW_EPG, or thru MyHD? If you cleareed it in MyHD AND the captures were marked as "New To ME", then this would have happened. CW_EPG tracks captures that are scheduled or deleted THRU CW_EPG itself, so if you scheduled there and deleted in MyHD, it thinks it has already scheduled it.

Quote:

I'm also seeing differences between the OSD reservation list and the list thru the MyHD control panel after a show is recorded. Two of the shows recorded last night, they still appeared on the OSD reservation list but they where correctly deleted from the list thru the control panel. I'm going to try uninstalling/reinstalling everything tonight.

I guess I'm easily confused in my old age... By "OSD reservation list", I assume you mean the listings on the "Scheduled Captures" page in CW_EPG, and "MyHD control panel" being the reservation list shown in MyHD itself? Are you saying that these do not match? That will be the first report of that one. The only way I could see the CW_EPG capture list differing than MyHD's is if you left CW_EPG running and displaying the "Scheduled Captures" page. Items on that page refresh when you enter that page, or make deletions there.

Something definitely sounds goofy on your end.
post #194 of 3897 Old 04-05-2006, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

By "OSD reservation list", I assume you mean the listings on the "Scheduled Captures" page in CW_EPG, and "MyHD control panel" being the reservation list shown in MyHD itself? Are you saying that these do not match?

Assuming that pdangel means actually that he was looking at the OSD reservation list in MyHD, yes I've noticed that it sometimes shows an expired reservation. That's a bug that we'll eventually get MIT to address. Before CW_EPG, hardly anyone noticed.
post #195 of 3897 Old 04-05-2006, 08:51 AM

I cleared the list thru CW_EPG.

For the "OSD reservation list", I mean the one you get to with the MyHD remote, when you have the on screen guide up, and press the favorites button. For the "MyHD control panel", I'm talking about going to the PC desktop and bringing up the list thru MyHD's control panel.
post #196 of 3897 Old 04-05-2006, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Try this thread for an empty, clean, fresh epg.mdb....

MyHD FAQ epg.mdb discussion

OK, I found an epg.mdb. It is much larger than it needs to be.

I have made some progress and think the outcome may be good but I have run into a problem.

0) Removed ALL channels in MyHD.

1) Replaced "epg.mdb" AND "epg_backup.mdb" with the 1,426KB "epg.mdb" from the forum.

2) Did a new "Digital" only scan on Ant1 and Ant2. One channel did not show up (36.1) that should be on Ant2 but sometimes appears also on Ant1. A much better scan that others done lately.

3) Deleted all CW_EPG files except for the "EXE". Also deleted the CW_EPG Registry entries.

4) Started CW_EPG, entered Zip2It UN and PW and downloaded program listings.
Had to do this again due to streetlight ISP. (Heavy Rain, will it never stop)

5) Added Channel mappings in Options. Added one watch and CW_EPG scheduled one capture (Which I did not want, I want Nightline "NEW" at 9AM, never 11:30 PM which is usually blocked by The Tonight Show)

6) Tried to post EPG data. Got "Object is open or something simular".

7) Closed CW_EPG, restarted and the watch was gone.

8) Tried to post EPG data again. Got:

The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'V_Ch_List'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

9) Repeated from 3). Got same result.

When I press the EPG button on the MyHD remote I get:

The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query "Event_List'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

I took a quick look at the registry entries and they look good and the files are at the correct locations.

Then I tried the original "MyHD" and pressing EPG on the remote showed a good display with no error message!

I am unsure where I messed up and how to proceed.

Any suggestions before I wipe MyHD and CW_epg from my computer and start fresh completely.
post #197 of 3897 Old 04-05-2006, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I cleared the list thru CW_EPG.

Clear All or individual deletes?

Quote:

For the "OSD reservation list", I mean the one you get to with the MyHD remote, when you have the on screen guide up, and press the favorites button. For the "MyHD control panel", I'm talking about going to the PC desktop and bringing up the list thru MyHD's control panel.

Learn something new every day! I didn't know that function was there. Inany case, that would seem to be a MyHD bug that Terry seems to have already known about.

Back to the main issue.... Can you repeat your actions, i.e. schedule with GUI, delete, then run automated. Save the log after action.

Send those, plus a copy of your cw_record.mdb to : CW_EPG
post #198 of 3897 Old 04-05-2006, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

1) Replaced "epg.mdb" AND "epg_backup.mdb" with the 1,426KB "epg.mdb" from the forum.

That sounds too big for to be an empty epg.mdb. I gotta run to work, but I'll get back to yuo later. I think I have a good clean epg.mdb sitting around.
post #199 of 3897 Old 04-05-2006, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

This is application is great. I just found out my Fusion scheduled recordings have been disappearing for the schedule, so I have to go research and post on that thread now...

Thought I'd ask.

Great job guys!

Russ
post #200 of 3897 Old 04-05-2006, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFischer1
6) Tried to post EPG data. Got "Object is open or something simular".
What version of CW_EPG you running? The earlier versions wrote the epg directly to the epg.mdb in MyHD directory. The newer version does not, and any attempt to, such as still using an older version of CW_EPG along with the newer version of MyHD will result in what you have stated.

Quote:
The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'V_Ch_List'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

9) Repeated from 3). Got same result.

When I press the EPG button on the MyHD remote I get:

The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query "Event_List'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

I took a quick look at the registry entries and they look good and the files are at the correct locations.

Then I tried the original "MyHD" and pressing EPG on the remote showed a good display with no error message!
IF you are using the latest version of CW_EPG.exe & MyHD.exe from post 1, the tables that you refer to should be in the cw_epg.mdb file located in the CW_EPG directory. Try deleting that, make sure you're running correct versions, and re-try. I've attached a clean epg.mdb file also (rename it). This is a empty replacement for MyHDs' epg.mdb file. It has NOTHING to do with CW_EPG.

epg_mdb.txt 100k . file
post #201 of 3897 Old 04-05-2006, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by russwong View Post

This is application is great. I just found out my Fusion scheduled recordings have been disappearing for the schedule, so I have to go research and post on that thread now...

Russ, one of our team members is prototyping Fusion support now via his application Record_This. I recommend that you give RT a whirl, since it'll be a while before we get to that within CW_EPG itself.
post #202 of 3897 Old 04-05-2006, 12:41 PM

Quote:

Clear All or individual deletes?

I used the Clear all.

I suspect it's related to the MyHD OSD issue since I looked at the log after the scheduled task ran, and the log said the matches where scheduled successfully.
I wonder if bringing up the OSD Reservation List is somehow blowing away the info.
post #203 of 3897 Old 04-05-2006, 04:00 PM

Quote:

Can you repeat your actions, i.e. schedule with GUI, delete, then run automated. Save the log after action.

FYI: I sent the requested info, the log file contains this message "Error occurred while Compacting Database" when it's running in auto mode.
post #204 of 3897 Old 04-05-2006, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I used the Clear all.

I suspect it's related to the MyHD OSD issue since I looked at the log after the scheduled task ran, and the log said the matches where scheduled successfully.
I wonder if bringing up the OSD Reservation List is somehow blowing away the info.

In that case, you'd expect it to do the same with the non-auto-scheduled event too. I think you have an operator logic error of some sort.

Did you try clearing the "new only" and "new to me" settings and then repeating your experiment?
post #205 of 3897 Old 04-05-2006, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

pdeangel - The log output for both the manual scheduling & the auto scheduling look identical and shows that the same actions occurred. Could you :

1. Check the "Schedule Captures" page in CW_EPG after each run and see if they are listed there.

2. Export the entire MyHD registry branch, zip it up, & send to the same address.

3. IF there is a dberror.log file, send it also.
post #206 of 3897 Old 04-05-2006, 08:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Does the Cliff Watson EPG add-on for MyHD work with the MyHD-130 in QAM Mode with Cable delivered channels "in-the-clear" (i.e. Channels 83.4 etc.)?

Murray Kerdman
post #207 of 3897 Old 04-05-2006, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerdman View Post

Does the Cliff Watson EPG add-on for MyHD work with the MyHD-130 in QAM Mode with Cable delivered channels "in-the-clear" (i.e. Channels 83.4 etc.)?

Yes.
post #208 of 3897 Old 04-05-2006, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Yep, cleared both and ran the scheduled task, nothing in the MyHD reservation, but CW_EPG has the info in the scheduled captures tab.

YOu have magical powers with computers. First, you make MyHD's schedule behave wacky and then you post to the AVS Forum "tomorrow morning".
post #209 of 3897 Old 04-06-2006, 01:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ralph, I'm guessing you're using NT?????

CW_EPG requires that MDAC ( Microsoft Data Access Components) be installed. Most Windows system already have it installed. Win 95 & NT may not.

You probably need to download and install the appropriate MDAC for your system from here:

MDAC installer

Let me know how this goes....

Tim - I am using xp but obviously had some system problems. Ended up uninstalling dao (don't know where it came from - maybe ATI?), and repairing my Office 2000 installation, repairing the MDAC in control panel add remove programs, getting rid of some viruses, and using registry doctor for as many free fixes as it would make; and something in that sequence got it all working for Cliff Watson EPG.

Works great! Thanks for your and other team members efforts
post #210 of 3897 Old 04-06-2006, 05:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Stephen, I repeat: MyHD's (and CW_EPG's) designed method for controlling what you see in the channel and EPG tables is to set up a Favorites list. That works as designed.

{Edit: I see that you also have magical PC-messing powers and are posting "later today" the note to which I've responded here. I hope that the AVS Forum gurus can straighten this out soon}
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page