CW_EPG Version 18.104.22.168
(updated 10/30/14 to access the relocated program-guide data at Schedules Direct)
subscription to Schedules Direct TV listings
required for use--but you can try it free for 7 days. Apologies to our international AVS folks, but these listings only cover U.S. and Canada TV stations)
Special Note for upgraders: To preserve your present configuration, do not uninstall before you apply the update!
See the QuickStart file
for some initial screen shots. For more details, check out the enhanced ReadMe file
(Not yet updated).
The Cliff Watson Electronic Program Guide (CW_EPG) is a tool that works cooperatively with the MyHD and FusionHDTV applications and the HD Homerun tuner units to improve your television-scheduling and schedule-viewing experience.
The typical scheduling approach in both FusionHDTV and MyHD uses TitanTV as a source of programming information, which works very well for one-off captures. But it's hard to set up captures for a desired show series because (1) program schedules often vary from week to week, (2) TitanTV only shows two week's worth of programming, and (3) MyHD and FusionHDTV both have only simple-periodic recurring capture modes in daily or weekly repetitive patterns. Their built-in alternative to TitanTV is to use the PSIP programming information that is supposed to be sent along with the DTV data stream. However, that data source is often unsatisfactory, because the station either doesn't send it at all or only sends it a few hours ahead of the scheduled programs. Also, the PSIP information is only available for a given channel after you have tuned to it for a minute or so.
In contrast to TitanTV and the PSIP data, the CW_EPG scheduling approach downloads a complete schedule of television shows for all your channels for the next twelve days and (for MyHD users) displays it in the OSD EPG tables where the PSIP data used to appear. The schedule information comes from a Schedules Direct account (that you will need to set-up).
CW_EPG can handle recurring captures much better than does the hardware manufacturers' software alone. You can have CW_EPG automatically update the EPG listings daily and use the current data to schedule recordings on all your network-connected tuners. The recordings are based on matches to the list of shows that you provide via the CW_EPG control panel. VoilÃ*
--you can have "season passes" to all your favorite shows!
CW_EPG, with its ability to manage scheduled events for MyHD, Fusion, and HD Homerun hardware, gives you a convenient single interface to manage your scheduled recordings. Rather than dealing with several interfaces and manually splitting events between tuners, you just tell CW_EPG how you want to use your tuners (primary, secondary, etc.). Events are then scheduled based on the priorities you have defined.
Note that CW_EPG can handle scheduling for all the supported tuners on your LAN rather than just those in a single PC!
Using CW_EPG, the end result is still standard MyHD, Fusion, and (CW_EPG driven) HD Homerun capture events, but they are mapped out using CW_EPG's 'brains'. CW_EPG just hands the appropriate tuner software one-time captures that make sure you record all of the shows that you have specified by name or pattern, no matter when or on what channel they appear.
DOWNLOAD THE CURRENT VERSION
To get the new package, click here
and follow the QuickStart
instructions to set it up. (Note: If you’re already running a previous version of CW_EPG 4.0, you may simply run the setup executable to install this version over the previous one, repeating that step for any Helpers that you are using. Just make sure to update all PCs prior to running CW_EPG 4.2 the first time. There are instructions in the ReadMe for those updating from earlier versions)
Please post any issues that you discover to this thread.
CHANGES IN LATEST VERSION (See ReadMe for complete history)
10/30/14 Version 22.214.171.124 released
- Accesses the new Schedules Direct EPG database rather than the soon-to-be abandoned Tribune Media Services site
12/25/10 Version 4.1.0 released
- Helper OSD EPG database (cw_epg.mdb) updated
- Timeout on stalled Schedules Direct downloads
- Don't check for channels on offline PCs
- Episode number added to mouse-over hint on the Matches pane
- Fixed mapped channel delete cosmetic bug where grid would shift
- Clear All Schedules should remove all from History database
- Check only servers that have mapped channels defined on program start
- Fixed that M*A*S*H would not properly schedule
- Fixed error when dragging to end of Programs To Match list
- Rework Schedules Direct data update to eliminate dupes that were being created
- Added multiselection for deletion on History tab
- Highlighted History item survives sorting
- Do not show success message after a failed scheduling attempt
- New DevID format in capture file names
- Tuner deletion works only if no channels are mapped to the deleted tuner. (N.B.: Except when they're physically removed from your system, there's no point in deleting tuners, since tuners without mapped channels don't affect program operation. Deleted tuners that are still installed will reappear in subsequent runs of the program)
- Auto Map of channels to the initial tuner on systems that have HD Homerun tuners installed does not work as described in the ReadMe unless Schedules Direct callsigns are used in the HD Homerun channel list.
- SSL connections for CW_EPG schedule-alert emails fail on SMTP servers that reject SSLv3. In that case, you must use a non-SSL connection for the email.
- Upgrade installation with Vista/Win7 UAC in its default (i.e., on) state may cause failure to preserve old configuration data and the history database.
--The CW_EPG team: