TPeterson & hdtvincr,
My sub is good until September -I'd say that was the 1st thing I checked, but I knew it was good until September 26th -lineup looked OK too when I doublechecked.
While I'm willing to admit my connection is a bit unusual it has been working fine for months. No changes here, just wouldn't work yesterday. So, I checked the forum to see if anyone else was having trouble, or if SD might be down, etc. and found the post regarding the recent changes and your response. Really had just figured SD's server was having a bad day.
I am getting an error that may be contributing (sorry, tunnel vision last night):
"TOWERPC - MyHD(1) is mapped for scheduling but not detected. No scheduling will occur for this tuner."
I assume (look out, here we go again.) that's why my Tuner Channels pane is blank but I have mapped channels?
My apologies if leaving that out is pivotal, just Ass-U-Me'd it was a separate issue to be dealt with after I got some data to work with.
Wierd stuff that occurs to me:
1. 3.0.1 (.2?) behaved exactly as though it was only SD's changes affecting it. I.E. Hung at checking connection. Had been working fine since I first set up my little hotspot network.
2. 4.0.1 passes the connection check -I see data on both "lights" on the icon for that connection. Then a bit more flashing as it appears to try downloading data, then everything seems to go kaput. CW_EPG doesn't completely freeze, other tabs can be accessed.
3. Running Win 2k Pro SP1 here. Can't get higher service packs to install as installer complains some file or dll is in use... Any recommendations?
4. I saw on page 5 of CW_EPG_Quickstart.pdf that in the dialog labeled "Schedules Direct User Information" that you were using an email instead of the User Name so I tried the one on my SD account. Nope.
5. I did get a HTTP Version Not Supported Download Error once? Probably related to #5.
6. Both IE5 and Firefox v3.5.1 are working on this towerpc through the wifi to cell hotspot, so I'm having a hard time blaming my connection, especially since it was all working prior to SD/Tribune screwing the pooch...
Sorry to make your lives more "interesting", but somebody had to...
In closing, "HELP!" Please?