Cliff Watson PVR app for HD Homerun, MyHD, and FusionHDTV - Page 142 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 9Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4231 of 4256 Old 08-06-2015, 09:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SFischer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Posts: 2,695
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post
... However, you can run the CW_EPG app any time and add a new capture (possibly on a different tuner) to revise/extend an existing in-progress capture.

...
I did that to the extreme when the Nascar race ended in a horrific crash ~ midnight after the Rain delay longer than the original planned time of the race.

I had to add ~ Six to Nine additional captures in case the race actually started and I was doing other things. I actually did not expect the race to start at all. In the end the backup captures were not needed.

It's just an text editing task, not a big job at all. The padding is such an awkward process that it was not even considered. And will not be considered by most people.

I do not know how it could be considered hard, just a check for in process and saying "You can't do that" just like MyHD does.

SHF
SFischer1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4232 of 4256 Old 08-06-2015, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
TPeterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: San Carlos, CA
Posts: 12,012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 26
For your specific case, it might be "just a text editing task". But in the more general case it would require rescheduling all conflicting reservations and would not be so simple.

OTOH, ginning up a separate app that would give you VCR-type recording abilities with the HDHR would be pretty simple (and probably already exists, I imagine). It could be done with a batch file.
TPeterson is offline  
post #4233 of 4256 Old 08-06-2015, 09:54 PM
ebo
Advanced Member
 
ebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Delmar NY
Posts: 822
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post
ebo, when I tested this I found that TLS only worked with port 587, which is what Google and my ISP want for that. And it only worked with that port when the Require TLS box was checked. However, I did not see any spinning circle hanging even when the sending failed. What Windows version are you on?
My HTPC is running Win 7 Pro. Verizon specifies port 465 for SMTP with SSL but 587 might work. I'll try it when I have time. Some references say 465 should be used for SSL/TLS and 587 for unencrypted; others say 465 is deprecated and 587 should be used.

With the previous version of CW_EPG, sending to port 465 with SSL checked didn't show a spinning circle or any error but the email didn't go through.
ebo is offline  
post #4234 of 4256 Old 08-06-2015, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SFischer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Posts: 2,695
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post
For your specific case, it might be "just a text editing task". But in the more general case it would require rescheduling all conflicting reservations and would not be so simple.

OTOH, ginning up a separate app that would give you VCR-type recording abilities with the HDHR would be pretty simple (and probably already exists, I imagine). It could be done with a batch file.
SFischer1 is offline  
post #4235 of 4256 Old 08-08-2015, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
TPeterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: San Carlos, CA
Posts: 12,012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebo View Post
Verizon specifies port 465 for SMTP with SSL but 587 might work. I'll try it when I have time. Some references say 465 should be used for SSL/TLS and 587 for unencrypted; others say 465 is deprecated and 587 should be used.
On my ISP, I found that 465 worked only for SSL; and 587, only for TLS. Gmail also liked those numbers. That was why we had CW_EPG default to those settings.
TPeterson is offline  
post #4236 of 4256 Old 08-10-2015, 04:23 PM
ebo
Advanced Member
 
ebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Delmar NY
Posts: 822
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post
On my ISP, I found that 465 worked only for SSL; and 587, only for TLS. Gmail also liked those numbers. That was why we had CW_EPG default to those settings.
I tried all combinations of port 465|587 and Require TLS on|off. The only one that works for me on Verizon FiOS with email on verizon.net is port 465 and Require TLS off. Maybe Verizon doesn't support TLS. That wouldn't surprise me. A few years ago their personal account pages were SSL encrypted but the login pages were not, so you had to send your userID and password in the clear.
ebo is offline  
post #4237 of 4256 Old 08-10-2015, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
TPeterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: San Carlos, CA
Posts: 12,012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Great, as long as something floats your boat.
TPeterson is offline  
post #4238 of 4256 Old 10-29-2015, 06:54 PM
ebo
Advanced Member
 
ebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Delmar NY
Posts: 822
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I've noticed a couple of anomalies about CW_EPG's operation.

1) Occasionally it fails to make a scheduled recording or records a minute or so. Tonight it didn't record Heroes Reborn and when I checked the record schedule I saw why. Although the log shows it scheduled from 19:59 to 21:01 and I'm sure the Main page did too when I checked before that time, the Main and Scheduled Items pages now show it from 19:59 to 19:59.

2) Sometimes I check what wake timers have been set with the command:
Code:
powercfg -waketimers
Lately, CW_EPG almost never sets a wake timer for the next day's check-in (it always used to) but it does set timers for the scheduled recordings. The PC is almost always on at check-in time anyway so scheduling still happens. I keep forgetting to put it to sleep before that time to see if it would awaken some other way.

CW_EPG 4.3.0.5
CWHelper 4.3.0.646
Win 7 Pro 64-bit with most updates except the ones that claim to ease the uprade to Win 10 or nag me to do so.
Java Runtime 1.7.0_05

Any ideas?
ebo is offline  
post #4239 of 4256 Old 10-29-2015, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
TPeterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: San Carlos, CA
Posts: 12,012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 26
ebo, I've no clue what happened with the item 1 schedule timing. Please PM me or post here the pertinent stdout*.txt and stderr*.txt files (zipped) from the CW_EPG\logs folder and I'll take a look at the case.

Item 2 is not mysterious, however, because the new version of CWHelper uses Scheduled Tasks for the Autorun job and therefore no longer needs to set a waketimer for that. Rest assured, the PC will wake anyway. It does still handle HDHR captures the same way as before using waketimers.
TPeterson is offline  
post #4240 of 4256 Old 10-31-2015, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SFischer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Posts: 2,695
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 56
PDT to PST bug?

Hi,

Perhaps it is because I have yet to update to the latest CW_EPG or Murphy saw me driving past,

But the automatic scheduling failed at 3:46 PM and attempts to schedule anything for Sunday does not work.

I am hoping that an attempt at 2-3 AM will work.

SHF


Edit:I was able to schedule by right clicking in the listings window.
A blank line at the top of the match window is a clue.

Last edited by SFischer1; 11-01-2015 at 09:39 PM.
SFischer1 is offline  
post #4241 of 4256 Old 10-31-2015, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
TPeterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: San Carlos, CA
Posts: 12,012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebo View Post
I've noticed a couple of anomalies about CW_EPG's operation.

1) Occasionally it fails to make a scheduled recording or records a minute or so. Tonight it didn't record Heroes Reborn and when I checked the record schedule I saw why. Although the log shows it scheduled from 19:59 to 21:01 and I'm sure the Main page did too when I checked before that time, the Main and Scheduled Items pages now show it from 19:59 to 19:59.
ebo sent me a log file with one of these and I found that the end time was changed from the scheduled one when CWHelper determined that it could not start the capture. it's still not clear why the recording was unsuccessful, although we may have a way to either fix the problem or at least determine what is the source (which may not be within our app).
Quote:
2) ....Lately, CW_EPG almost never sets a wake timer for the next day's check-in (it always used to) but it does set timers for the scheduled recordings....
As I commented before, this is "working as designed" because the new version uses Scheduled Tasks instead of waketimers for the daily automatic scheduling update runs. Sometimes those result in events that powercfg reports and other times not, but they do run reliably in any case.
TPeterson is offline  
post #4242 of 4256 Old 10-31-2015, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
TPeterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: San Carlos, CA
Posts: 12,012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFischer1 View Post
Perhaps it is because I have yet to update to the latest CW_EPG or Murphy saw me driving past,

But the automatic scheduling failed at 3:46 PM and attempts to schedule anything for Sunday does not work.
Must be Murphy, Nani, because the old CW_EPG version will continue to work just fine as long as you don't upgrade your OS or Java.
TPeterson is offline  
post #4243 of 4256 Old 04-14-2016, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
TPeterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: San Carlos, CA
Posts: 12,012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Calling all Windows Insiders: Although the public-release (aka 1511) version of Windows 10 works just fine with our posted CW_EPG package, the Insiders' builds ever since that version have all had a bug in the Task Scheduler service that severely breaks our app's Automatic Scheduling. That bug has now persisted for over 6 months and I'm fearing that it may show up in the next public release. (If it does, we have a workaround planned, but I'd rather not make everybody do an "upgrade" just to avoid MSFT's bug!)

It would likely be helpful to get the bug squashed before the next public release if you'd all go to the Windows Feedback Hub and upvote all of the hits to a search for "scheduler" that mention the error message "Task Scheduler service is not available". I've been complaining about this with feedback on each new build, but so far to no avail.

UPDATE: Good news. The recent Insiders build 14342 has some of the Task Scheduler bugs squashed, such that our use of it is not broken. If that holds for the next public release we won't be forced to issue an updated CW_EPG to work around that bug.

Last edited by TPeterson; 05-27-2016 at 09:02 AM.
TPeterson is offline  
post #4244 of 4256 Old 05-27-2016, 03:28 AM
Newbie
 
theduke514's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
I have a dual tuner HD Homerun and have been using CW-EPS for recording for about 4 years. Worked great til about 2 weeks ago, when CW_EPS stopped recording.

After investigation, it says that the "tuners not available". However, using the HDHomerun software, I can view all channels.
I reinstalled both CW and HDH software without success. I read somewhere about some conflict with routers, so I added a network switch between the HD tuner and the computer - without change.

I have not added or changed any software for at least 6 months on my recording computer, so I do not have a clue of what triggered this tuner conflict.

I am looking for ideas to regain access to my tuners so that I can continue recording.

Is it possible that the HDHomerun is keeping control of the tuners? I never used any of the HDH software, just the hardware. Should I install it?

I contacted Sillicondust (make of HD Homerun)- but they do not have any idea, either.

Any other idea?

Thanks

theduke514 is offline  
post #4245 of 4256 Old 05-27-2016, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
SFischer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Posts: 2,695
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduke514 View Post
Hi,
I have a dual tuner HD Homerun and have been using CW-EPS for recording for about 4 years. Worked great til about 2 weeks ago, when CW_EPS stopped recording.

After investigation, it says that the "tuners not available". However, using the HDHomerun software, I can view all channels.
I reinstalled both CW and HDH software without success. I read somewhere about some conflict with routers, so I added a network switch between the HD tuner and the computer - without change.

I have not added or changed any software for at least 6 months on my recording computer, so I do not have a clue of what triggered this tuner conflict.

I am looking for ideas to regain access to my tuners so that I can continue recording.

Is it possible that the HDHomerun is keeping control of the tuners? I never used any of the HDH software, just the hardware. Should I install it?

I contacted Sillicondust (make of HD Homerun)- but they do not have any idea, either.

Any other idea?

Thanks

Updates by various companies are being installed without permission in many cases.

You must install the HDHomeRun software and do channel scans and then reboot. Then setup CW_EPG (It's a pain but I have done it so many times that my fingers do most of the setup without my brain.)

Are the tuner lights on? If yes then the tuner is in use. "HDHomeRun Setup" program can take control if a tuner is being marked as in use. Just try viewing a stream, when the channel is set to 0 the tuner in use has been cleared. See 3) below.

1) Check that Java is the latest version.

2) Check using Windows Explore "Network" tab that you can see the tuners.

3) Using the HDHomeRun Setup program can you see the tuners, use the View button to see if a stream can be viewed. You may have to check that an viewer program has been linked, there are two that work, VLC Media player and HDHomeRun VIEW which also can be run by itself. Do the lights turn on the tuner when viewing?

4) Did your HDHR firmware change? Current release: 20150826. (I am using 20150604)

5) Are you using the latest CW_EPG software, CW_EPG Version 4.3.0 and have set the tuners up in the Options? and have streams mapped.

6) Does CW_EPG put up messages? I got hit by one the Terry had not seen yesterday and needed to rebuild CW_EPG from scratch and then add my watchlist and history. Adding tuners took a lot of work but I got then almost right.

Here is a screen shot of CW_EPG Options tab.



These questions are in some cases redundant, but we need more information.

SHF
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CW_EPG.png
Views:	227
Size:	818.0 KB
ID:	1462953  

Last edited by SFischer1; 05-27-2016 at 06:32 AM.
SFischer1 is offline  
post #4246 of 4256 Old 05-27-2016, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
TPeterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: San Carlos, CA
Posts: 12,012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduke514 View Post
....After investigation, it says that the "tuners not available"....
I'm not sure from your description, but I'm guessing that the "it" in this sentence is a pop-up message upon launching CW_EPG ("EPS"???). Is that correct? The only times that I've seen that message were when the HDHR tuner in question was not present on the LAN or private Ethernet connection to the PC, either because it was powered off or did not (yet) have an IP address assigned.

Since you say that this started without your making any intentional changes to your setup, I don't think that you need to update other software as has been suggested (assuming that you're not running Windows 10, which wouldn't be consistent with your statement about not having changed your system for 4 years). This is more likely a hardware issue, such as a failing HDHR power supply module (a known issue with early HDHR tuners), a failing Ethernet port, or a loose connection someplace in the system. As a first step, I would try reseating all the Ethernet connectors in your setup. Then, if that doesn't solve it, I'd try swapping the HDHR tuner's power supply module with another 5-V wall wart.

Please let us know how that goes.

Last edited by TPeterson; 05-27-2016 at 09:05 AM.
TPeterson is offline  
post #4247 of 4256 Old 06-02-2016, 12:11 PM
Newbie
 
theduke514's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post
I'm not sure from your description, but I'm guessing that the "it" in this sentence is a pop-up message upon launching CW_EPG ("EPS"???). Is that correct? The only times that I've seen that message were when the HDHR tuner in question was not present on the LAN or private Ethernet connection to the PC, either because it was powered off or did not (yet) have an IP address assigned.

Since you say that this started without your making any intentional changes to your setup, I don't think that you need to update other software as has been suggested (assuming that you're not running Windows 10, which wouldn't be consistent with your statement about not having changed your system for 4 years). This is more likely a hardware issue, such as a failing HDHR power supply module (a known issue with early HDHR tuners), a failing Ethernet port, or a loose connection someplace in the system. As a first step, I would try reseating all the Ethernet connectors in your setup. Then, if that doesn't solve it, I'd try swapping the HDHR tuner's power supply module with another 5-V wall wart.

Please let us know how that goes.
Thanks TPeterson.
You are correct, I am on Win7, home edition.
I have checked my connection and changed my network cables. Same symptoms:
I can view TV through the HDHomerun View app.
I also see the my two tuners listed in the CW_EPG but no "tuner channels" listed. If I right click and select property on either tuner, I get the "Tuner Unavailable" status.
Also, the tuners are not seen on the network.

I notice that my HDH box only has the left most light on (green), the other green lights do flash during rebooting. Is this a sign that perhaps my tuners are not available (except for HDH programs).
Will try to find another 5v pwr supply to test.

Thank you

Any other ideas?
theduke514 is offline  
post #4248 of 4256 Old 06-02-2016, 12:15 PM
Newbie
 
theduke514's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFischer1 View Post
Updates by various companies are being installed without permission in many cases.

You must install the HDHomeRun software and do channel scans and then reboot. Then setup CW_EPG (It's a pain but I have done it so many times that my fingers do most of the setup without my brain.)

Are the tuner lights on? If yes then the tuner is in use. "HDHomeRun Setup" program can take control if a tuner is being marked as in use. Just try viewing a stream, when the channel is set to 0 the tuner in use has been cleared. See 3) below.

1) Check that Java is the latest version.

2) Check using Windows Explore "Network" tab that you can see the tuners.

3) Using the HDHomeRun Setup program can you see the tuners, use the View button to see if a stream can be viewed. You may have to check that an viewer program has been linked, there are two that work, VLC Media player and HDHomeRun VIEW which also can be run by itself. Do the lights turn on the tuner when viewing?

4) Did your HDHR firmware change? Current release: 20150826. (I am using 20150604)

5) Are you using the latest CW_EPG software, CW_EPG Version 4.3.0 and have set the tuners up in the Options? and have streams mapped.

6) Does CW_EPG put up messages? I got hit by one the Terry had not seen yesterday and needed to rebuild CW_EPG from scratch and then add my watchlist and history. Adding tuners took a lot of work but I got then almost right.

Here is a screen shot of CW_EPG Options tab.



These questions are in some cases redundant, but we need more information.

SHF
SFisher1,

will install the latest Java. and try the rest.

I have only one green light (furthest left) on the box. The other come one only during boot up.

Pierre
theduke514 is offline  
post #4249 of 4256 Old 06-02-2016, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SFischer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Posts: 2,695
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduke514 View Post
SFisher1,
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduke514 View Post
will install the latest Java. and try the rest.

I have only one green light (furthest left) on the box. The other come one only during boot up.

Pierre
Please read Terry's post below and do that before anything I suggest. SHF


The power light is the only one that comes on when power is supplied. The lights for the tuner(s) come on when they are in use. (My old HDHR also has a Ethernet light that is lit when the Ethernet cable to the router is installed and working correctly. The newer HDHR's do not have this light.)

Java's update may not affect this problem but is needed for your HTPC's security.

Powering down your entire network and then adding power to your router and waiting until it is in normal mode is a good first step. Then apply power to the other devices on your network.

Then display your network with "Windows Explorer". I see one of my HDHR units, the new one with no Ethernet light. The old one is not displayed.

The "HDHomeRun Setup" program sees both.

Then do the process with the "HDHomeRun Setup" program scanning for channels again. (Both Tuners???)

Then reboot!

In CW_EPG's options click "SCAN" just above the tuner list.

If your "Mapped Channels" pane is empty then you must add back one stream at a time for the first tuner. Then you can use the "Auto Map" for the second tuner if it is using the same antenna.

This process should rebuild all the files needed by CW_EPG. Files do disappear for unknown reasons.

The "Options" pane in CW_EPG should look like what I posted above. You must do the steps in order and reboot before configuring CW_EPG.

SHF

Last edited by SFischer1; 06-03-2016 at 01:01 PM.
SFischer1 is offline  
post #4250 of 4256 Old 06-02-2016, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
TPeterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: San Carlos, CA
Posts: 12,012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduke514 View Post
Thanks TPeterson.
You are correct, I am on Win7, home edition.
I have checked my connection and changed my network cables. Same symptoms:
I can view TV through the HDHomerun View app.
I also see the my two tuners listed in the CW_EPG but no "tuner channels" listed. If I right click and select property on either tuner, I get the "Tuner Unavailable" status.
Also, the tuners are not seen on the network.

I notice that my HDH box only has the left most light on (green), the other green lights do flash during rebooting. Is this a sign that perhaps my tuners are not available (except for HDH programs).
Will try to find another 5v pwr supply to test.

Thank you

Any other ideas?
The red-highlighted conditions are odd for a system that has not changed in some substantial way. Please do this:
1. Restart your HTPC
2. Wait until you see the CW_EPG splash screen appear and disappear.
3. Copy the files C:ProgramData\CW_EPG\logs\stdout.txt and C:ProgramData\CW_EPG\logs\stderr.txt into a zip archive and post it as an attachment to this thread so that I can see why those errors happen.
TPeterson is offline  
post #4251 of 4256 Old 06-06-2016, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SFischer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Posts: 2,695
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Hi Terry,

I got my dead WinBook HDTV recycled (More on that horrible story perhaps later) and the Sony HDTV mounted in it’s place but is not in use yet. I had to remove all my cables / tuners / router and so on. I got the Internet back quickly and now have the new HDHR with it’s two tuners usable from my W7 laptop. But there are no programs to record, KQED Inc. is taking time off from the programs I capture.

When I started CW_EPG on Nani’s account which does not have CwHelper started automatically it said no tuners were found. This is normal for that account and CwHelper was started.

I closed CW_EPG and restarted CW_EPG and the two tuners were found.

So, CwHelper not running might be involved with problem.

SHF


Edit:

The MB with the problem is back in it's position as my HTPC driving my HDTV.

I have already seen the problem. Windows shuts down right after the restore image is loaded.

The tech company appears to not be giving up.

I have an idea what is wrong, the NETGEAR WNDA3100 driver (USB Wireless module) is still installed. I switched to Ethernet hardwired cable and have not uninstalled the driver. I want to be careful to not mess up what the tech company does so I am waiting for the callback promised before uninstalling it.

Last edited by SFischer1; 06-06-2016 at 10:08 PM.
SFischer1 is offline  
post #4252 of 4256 Old 06-29-2016, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SFischer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Posts: 2,695
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Taskbar Recording ICON staying around.

Hi Terry,

I just have confirmed that recording Icons are staying in the task bar long after the recording is done.

The tuner used now has a new capture in progress thus two Icons for the same tuner are in the task bar.

An Icon staying around may be the reason that my HTPC does not hibernate when it should.

"CW_EPG 4.3.0.5" is the version I am using.

-----------------------------------------------------

The MB with the problem is DEAD, It will not boot. So that's the end of that story.

The "ASUS P7P55D-E Pro" is back in use, it survived the Rotten HDTV's failing.

SHF
SFischer1 is offline  
post #4253 of 4256 Old 06-29-2016, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
TPeterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: San Carlos, CA
Posts: 12,012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Nani, what is the CWHelper Version number shown on the About tab just under the CW_EPG Version? The released version is 4.3.0.646, but I think that I sent you a later test version at some point.
TPeterson is offline  
post #4254 of 4256 Old 06-30-2016, 12:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
SFischer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Posts: 2,695
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post
Nani, what is the CWHelper Version number shown on the About tab just under the CW_EPG Version? The released version is 4.3.0.646, but I think that I sent you a later test version at some point.
It shows CWHelper 4.3.0.646.

I was able to find the CWHelper you sent me and it is labeled 4.3.0.646 on 7/30/2015.

NOTE: My two HDHRs are now on a 1 GB switch plugged into my 1 GB router. That may make a difference,

SHF

Last edited by SFischer1; 06-30-2016 at 01:14 AM.
SFischer1 is offline  
post #4255 of 4256 Old 07-01-2016, 09:41 AM
ebo
Advanced Member
 
ebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Delmar NY
Posts: 822
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I used to have the zombie icons but haven't seen them in a long time. I'm running CWHelper 4.3.0.661 dated 12/3/2015, a version Terry gave me a link to when helping me with that and other problems (occasional failures to record or very short recordings). BTW, no recurrence of those problems either.
ebo is offline  
post #4256 of 4256 Old 07-09-2016, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
TPeterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: San Carlos, CA
Posts: 12,012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 26
We'll likely be releasing a CW_EPG update with a newer CWHelper after MSFT releases the next public Win10 update. We're bracing ourselves for a couple of bugs that have appeared in recent Win10 Insiders' Preview builds and that will force an update if they make it into the next public release. But even if those bugs get squashed before that release there are a couple of esoteric issues that have been fixed, such as the ones that Nani and ebo found.
TPeterson is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Home Theater Computers



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off