Cliff Watson PVR app for HD Homerun, MyHD, and FusionHDTV - Page 142 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 9Likes
post #4231 of 4237 Old 08-06-2015, 09:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post
... However, you can run the CW_EPG app any time and add a new capture (possibly on a different tuner) to revise/extend an existing in-progress capture.

I did that to the extreme when the Nascar race ended in a horrific crash ~ midnight after the Rain delay longer than the original planned time of the race.

I had to add ~ Six to Nine additional captures in case the race actually started and I was doing other things. I actually did not expect the race to start at all. In the end the backup captures were not needed.

It's just an text editing task, not a big job at all. The padding is such an awkward process that it was not even considered. And will not be considered by most people.

I do not know how it could be considered hard, just a check for in process and saying "You can't do that" just like MyHD does.

SHF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4232 of 4237 Old 08-06-2015, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 24
For your specific case, it might be "just a text editing task". But in the more general case it would require rescheduling all conflicting reservations and would not be so simple.

OTOH, ginning up a separate app that would give you VCR-type recording abilities with the HDHR would be pretty simple (and probably already exists, I imagine). It could be done with a batch file.
post #4233 of 4237 Old 08-06-2015, 09:54 PM
ebo
Advanced Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
ebo, when I tested this I found that TLS only worked with port 587, which is what Google and my ISP want for that. And it only worked with that port when the Require TLS box was checked. However, I did not see any spinning circle hanging even when the sending failed. What Windows version are you on?
My HTPC is running Win 7 Pro. Verizon specifies port 465 for SMTP with SSL but 587 might work. I'll try it when I have time. Some references say 465 should be used for SSL/TLS and 587 for unencrypted; others say 465 is deprecated and 587 should be used.

With the previous version of CW_EPG, sending to port 465 with SSL checked didn't show a spinning circle or any error but the email didn't go through.
post #4234 of 4237 Old 08-06-2015, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
For your specific case, it might be "just a text editing task". But in the more general case it would require rescheduling all conflicting reservations and would not be so simple.

OTOH, ginning up a separate app that would give you VCR-type recording abilities with the HDHR would be pretty simple (and probably already exists, I imagine). It could be done with a batch file.
post #4235 of 4237 Old 08-08-2015, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebo View Post
Verizon specifies port 465 for SMTP with SSL but 587 might work. I'll try it when I have time. Some references say 465 should be used for SSL/TLS and 587 for unencrypted; others say 465 is deprecated and 587 should be used.
On my ISP, I found that 465 worked only for SSL; and 587, only for TLS. Gmail also liked those numbers. That was why we had CW_EPG default to those settings.
post #4236 of 4237 Unread Today, 04:23 PM
ebo
Advanced Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
On my ISP, I found that 465 worked only for SSL; and 587, only for TLS. Gmail also liked those numbers. That was why we had CW_EPG default to those settings.
I tried all combinations of port 465|587 and Require TLS on|off. The only one that works for me on Verizon FiOS with email on verizon.net is port 465 and Require TLS off. Maybe Verizon doesn't support TLS. That wouldn't surprise me. A few years ago their personal account pages were SSL encrypted but the login pages were not, so you had to send your userID and password in the clear.
post #4237 of 4237 Unread Today, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Great, as long as something floats your boat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page