Cliff Watson PVR app for HD Homerun, MyHD, and FusionHDTV - Page 143 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

post #4261 of 4264 Old 07-31-2016, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFischer1 View Post
....what I am reading into your answer is that there is a single place ".TP" occurs....
Huh? "Reading into" more like "making up from whole cloth"! I said nothing of the sort. ebo and I said that a bat file could do the job of renaming the files easily.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4262 of 4264 Old 07-31-2016, 08:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post
Huh? "Reading into" more like "making up from whole cloth"! I said nothing of the sort. ebo and I said that a bat file could do the job of renaming the files easily.
Perhaps I am thinking about a wonderful world that existed in the past. 64K max program size.

Not the huge mess that Windows programming is today. 6,000,000 bytes to display "Hello World" HUH.

SHF
post #4263 of 4264 Old 08-01-2016, 04:10 PM
ebo
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFischer1 View Post
. . . if I could use the tools from 30 years ago the change could be made . . .

SHF
Yes, the DOS command prompt has been around since the introduction of MSDOS but its equivalent has been in every version of Windows including Win 10. In the dear, dead DOS days I soon grew frustrated with its limitations and switched to JP Software's 4DOS, a
superset of COMMAND.COM. That evolved into 4OS2, 4NT and now Take Command. There's even a free version, Take Command Classic-Limited Edition (TCC-LE) that I install on all the Windows installations I use. So the concept may be old but it's still available.
post #4264 of 4264 Old 08-01-2016, 06:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebo View Post
Yes, the DOS command prompt has been around since the introduction of MSDOS but its equivalent has been in every version of Windows including Win 10. In the dear, dead DOS days I soon grew frustrated with its limitations and switched to JP Software's 4DOS, a
superset of COMMAND.COM. That evolved into 4OS2, 4NT and now Take Command. There's even a free version, Take Command Classic-Limited Edition (TCC-LE) that I install on all the Windows installations I use. So the concept may be old but it's still available.
I was very lucky, with the box of blank disks I purchased to back up DOS 3.3 was a program I just used two weeks ago. (Windows 7 XP mode in W7) From 1990 to 2016, twenty five years is a long period for a program to be used. As soon as I looked at Lotus Magellan 2.0 I was out the door to purchase it. The only ones older I suspect are COBOL programs that never seem to die.

SHF

Last edited by SFischer1; 08-01-2016 at 07:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page