Cliff Watson PVR app for HD Homerun, MyHD, and FusionHDTV - Page 144 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

Old 09-17-2016, 07:30 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post
It happens. Not a problem. But make sure that there's only one running in Task Manager's list.

I'm still not at all sure of what's going on. I've seen Windows Update wipe out CW_EPG data from time to time under circumstances that I don't yet have pinned down. The first symptom of that in my cases though is that the Schedules Direct credentials disappear. I've gotten around that by making a copy of the CW_EPG Registry branch* to re-merge it whenever I'm asked to re-log in to S.D. The recovery involves several steps after the re-merge: (1) Run CW_EPG. (2) Open the Options window and then click on Save Settings. (3) Click on Download Data. That should restore all your settings and program data. We're working on a better fix for this problem in the upcoming release (which will also fix the delayed startup in 1607).

One thing to try also that may have an effect is to go to Task Scheduler and delete all the "CWEPG..." tasks there. Then run CW_EPG and click on the Save Settings button on the Automatic Settings tab.

*This is currently at HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wo w6432Node\CW_EPG on 64-bit Windows, but we'll be moving it out of the VirtualStore branch in the next release. That (I hope) makes this problem vanish.
One thing to try also that may have an effect is to go to Task Scheduler and delete all the "CWEPG..." tasks there. Then run CW_EPG and click on the Save Settings button on the Automatic Settings tab.

That's odd....I don't have a single task relating to CW_epg that I can find...
OK.... opened Automatic Settings and clicked 'Save'... now I've got a task "Performs daily update for CW_EPG scheduling"

Should I have a task for each timed recording to be made, or are shows picked-up elsewhere?

Chris C

Last edited by ccrider2; 09-17-2016 at 07:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2016, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrider2 View Post
I don't have a single task relating to CW_epg that I can find...
OK.... opened Automatic Settings and clicked 'Save'... now I've got a task "Performs daily update for CW_EPG scheduling"

Should I have a task for each timed recording to be made, or are shows picked-up elsewhere?
So now we know why your Auto runs weren't happening. 😀

The scheduled recordings are kicked off via Waketimers (which are visible using powercfg.exe).
Old 09-17-2016, 08:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
So now we know why your Auto runs weren't happening. 😀

Gremlins....

Thanks TP!

Chris C
Old 09-20-2016, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Early autumnal equinox 2016 Change?

At 9/19/2016 11:35 PM a folder was created for "Jimmy Kimmel Live", the very first time capture for that program.

No folder was created for "the late show with Stephen Colbert" at 23:30. (Padding)

Other folders for later captures also were not created.

I have closed CW_EPG after setting the folder title to none. (4.3.0.8 Special ".ts" - "tp" version)

After restarting CW_EPG I set the folder option back to title.

Two test cases have created the folders for the captures. (KCSMDT2)

What will happen when PDT goes to PST?

SHF

BTW, I have started keeping Windows Technical Support on line asking for a DVD for Windows 98 SE, this time I got a supervisor and wasted his time.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Nani, whether or not a folder is created and what sort of file name a capture gets is determined at the time that the capture is set up. Any changes to the folder/name settings afterward are not transmitted to existing capture reservations. (This is clearly stated in the pop-up notice when you make such changes) If you change your mind about folders, etc., you must delete the reservation and re-enter it.

I anticipate no PST/PDT problems this year, just as last year and the year before that.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Nani, whether or not a folder is created and what sort of file name a capture gets is determined at the time that the capture is set up. Any changes to the folder/name settings afterward are not transmitted to existing capture reservations. (This is clearly stated in the pop-up notice when you make such changes) If you change your mind about folders, etc., you must delete the reservation and re-enter it.

I anticipate no PST/PDT problems this year, just as last year and the year before that.
Well I have never changed the folder option except on new installs.

Just to be safe I deleted all the scheduled captures and recreated them. (Lost 14:00 - Quincy, M.E.: Snake Eyes Part Two )

SHF
Old 10-24-2016, 06:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
ebo, there was a change in the 1607 Win10 release that caused the delay in "searching for tuners". I'll PM you a link to a beta test version that eliminates that problem...and the others too, I hope, but I'm not sure about those.

BTW, thanks for the post letting me know that we're not just wasting our time in making CW_EPG Win10 compatible.
I have also been using CW_EPG for years and have the same problem with Windows 10. Is there a release or fix available for the CW_EPG sometimes fails to find the tuners?
Old 10-25-2016, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxr2s View Post
I have also been using CW_EPG for years and have the same problem with Windows 10. Is there a release or fix available for the CW_EPG sometimes fails to find the tuners?
Check your PM.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Check your PM.
I applied the update and CW_EPG now finds the tuners quickly. I'll monitor and provide an update in a few days. Also, the access violation I was seeing periodically at the close of CW_EPG also appears to be fixed. Thank You
Old 10-25-2016, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

You're welcome. Please do let us know of any problems you encounter with the beta.
Old 10-28-2016, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

KMTP Listings finally corrected

Hi those of you in the San Francisco Bay Area,

I noted a new station in the FreeGuide listings over a month ago.

"KMTP VC 33", Clearly an error and I had a ticket opened with Schedules Direct / Gracenote, Tribune Media Services / Zap2IT.

On Mon Sep 05 14:06:27 2016, xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx wrote:
> I do not know when the unbelievable inept people at KMTP caused a bad
> entry "33-1 KMTPDT" to be made as their VC is 32. It clearly showed
> up as bogus as soon as I saw it.

It was removed and 32-1 added in it's place.

But there was an duplicate entry for 32 remaining, which has finally been removed. I checked using Zap2IT listings when I was told the last problem had been fixed.

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlisti....do?aid=zap2it

SHF

Last edited by SFischer1; 10-28-2016 at 02:35 PM. Reason: 32 NOT 33 Sorry
Old 11-01-2016, 05:49 PM

Quote:
You're welcome. Please do let us know of any problems you encounter with the beta.
Everything running fine with the Beta release. Thanks again.
TPeterson, ccrider2 and SFischer1 like this.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Cool Holiday release of new version

See the first post in this thread for news of the latest release. It's a bit more reliable and it supports setting the capture file's extension to ".ts" for HDHR tuners. It also notes in the log and the email report when the Schedules Direct data download was executed.

As always, report problems to this thread, please.
ccrider2 likes this.
Old Yesterday, 05:32 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
TPeterson,
I have had problem with the software seeing my tuners - although they work fine under the HD program.
Because of that, I have not been able to use the CW-EPG software to record.

I have rebuilt and even lately changed computer with the same symptoms.

I have not upgraded to win10, as I wish to stay on Win7 due to some important software that will not work on win10.

Can you send me the link for the Beta release? to see if it will also fix that issue on win7/HDHomerun combinaison?

Thanks

Pierre (pduchaine@gmail.c0m)
Old Yesterday, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Pierre, please try the 4.3.1 release currently linked in the initial post of this thread. It was the beta that fixed others' problems.

Also make sure that you have the HDHR tuners' leadtime set long enough. The default is 90 seconds but you may need to increase that if you have your tuners powered down when not in use. And you need to wait that amount of time after waking your HTPC for a manual CW_EPG run too.
Old Yesterday, 08:06 AM

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I always used the latest version available.

However, I did not know about leadtime setting- how do I do this? I do not remember seeing anything on this in any documentation. How do I do this?

Thanks
Old Yesterday, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Pierre, it's described on p.15 of the ReadMe.pdf. It's in a right-click menu in the Options window.
Old Today, 06:12 AM

Hi TPerson,
I tried you suggestion, but the tuners were not showing at all, so unable to right click any of them.
However, I found a new version of HDHomerun software that I followed by the latest Java, then I was in business. I could see the tuners, and was able to increase the timing to 360sec.

I had another issue about scheduling recordings. I downloaded the latest guides, but my selection did not result in a scheduled event (in the window below). I slept on it and then remember that I had this issue years ago. Whereas, my new computer was set to DDMMYYY format that we use in Canada, while the guide comes in MMDD format. So after changing my computer's date format to MMDD, the schedule events stated to show up.
Perhaps this could be an feature/improvement at a future version of CW-EPG.

So all looks good so far. Will confirm tonight.

PS is there a way to put the computer to hibernate or sleep and wakeup on time for a recording? or do I have to leave it running for all events to be recorded? (win 7-home machine)
In the past, I always kept it on, 24-hr/day but I'd like to have it sleep between recordings.

thanks
Old Today, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Pierre, thanks for the additional information. We'll look into the date-format issue. What versions of HDHR software and Java were you running? I didn't think that updates of either were needed by CW_EPG.

I am horrified to hear that you've been running your HTPC 24/7.

Go to Windows Power Options settings and make sure that "Allow wake timers" is not disabled. Then change the sleep (or hibernate, your choice) setting from "never" to 5 or 10 minutes. Then your PC will wake up for scheduled recordings and the daily schedule download and go back to sleep afterward.

Glad to hear that you're back in business!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement