New CW_EPG version to support Windows 8.x/10 and Java 8
CW_EPG Version 4.3.0
(note: a $25/year
subscription to Schedules Direct TV listings
is required for use--but you can try it free for 7 days. Apologies to our international AVS folks, but these listings only cover U.S. and Canada TV stations)
Special Note for upgraders: To preserve your present configuration, do not uninstall before you apply the update!
See the QuickStart PDF file
for step-by-step initial screen shots. For more details, check out the enhanced ReadMe PDF file
The Cliff Watson Electronic Program Guide (CW_EPG) is a tool that works cooperatively with the HD Homerun tuner units and the MyHD and FusionHDTV applications to improve your television-scheduling and schedule-viewing experience.
CW_EPG downloads from Schedules Direct a complete catalog of television shows for all your channels for the next 10 days (the "EPG"). You can view that information in the CW_EPG app and easily schedule recordings manually, but that's just the beginning.
You can have CW_EPG automatically update the EPG listings daily and use the current data to schedule recordings automatically on all your network-connected (HDHR, MyHD, and FusionHDTV) tuners. The scheduled recordings are based on matches to the list of shows that you provide via the CW_EPG control panel. In other words, CW_EPG gives you "season passes" to record all your favorite shows.
CW_EPG's ability to manage scheduled events for HDHR, MyHD, and FusionHDTV hardware gives you a convenient single interface to manage your scheduled recordings. Rather than dealing with several interfaces and manually splitting events between tuners, you just tell CW_EPG how you want to use your tuners (primary, secondary, etc.). Events are then scheduled to all devices based on the priorities you have defined.
With CW_EPG the end result is a standard transport-stream file, playable by most video hardware and software today, but captures are mapped to your tuners using CW_EPG's 'brains'. CW_EPG hands the appropriate tuner software one-time tasks that make sure you record all of the shows that you have specified by name or pattern, no matter when or on what channel they appear.
DOWNLOAD THE CURRENT VERSION
To get the latest package, click here
and follow the QuickStart
instructions to set it up. (Note: If you’re already running a previous version of CW_EPG, you may simply run the setup executable to install this version over the previous one, repeating that step for any Helpers that you are using. Just make sure to update all PCs prior to running CW_EPG 4.3 the first time and on that first run go to the Automatic Settings tab and click on the Save Settings button.)
Please post any issues that you discover to this thread.
CHANGES IN LATEST VERSION (See ReadMe for complete history)
8/3/15 Version 184.108.40.206 released
- Supports Windows 8.x and 10, as well as Java 8
- Allows TLS email connections
- Improved support for NAS-based captures
- Tuner deletion works only if no channels are mapped to the deleted tuner. (N.B.: Except when they're physically removed from your system, there's no point in deleting tuners, since tuners without mapped channels don't affect program operation. Deleted tuners that are still installed will reappear in subsequent runs of the program)
- Auto Map of channels to the initial tuner on systems that have HD Homerun tuners works only if Schedules Direct callsigns are used in the HD Homerun channel list.
- Upgrade installation with UAC in its default (i.e., on) state may cause failure to preserve old configuration data and the history database.
--The CW_EPG team: