post #1651 of 1655 Old 04-22-2014, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by brenster21 View Post

The scratched disc has happened to me. I have yet to find a solution

well looks like i'm not the only one.  It appears as long as the discs aren't scratched that anydvd keeps reading the new discs and all is well, but I've had it fail on 8 discs in a row that I know were not scratched, and then after I pulled them out, all had scratches in the same circular pattern.  :(

For this reason i'm only going to let ez changer read like 10 discs at a time, to limit the possible damage.  :(  I wish there was a fool proof way to do this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1652 of 1655 Old 05-04-2014, 06:10 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Any chance to get cd batch ripping under Windows 8.1? Dbpoweramp no longer works. I have to do it one by one with EZ Changer and it is a PITA.
post #1653 of 1655 Old 05-04-2014, 07:30 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by krassyg View Post

Any chance to get cd batch ripping under Windows 8.1? Dbpoweramp no longer works. I have to do it one by one with EZ Changer and it is a PITA.

well ez changer works in windows 8, you should probably message mschmid4 the guy who wrote the program. he should be able to think of a solution.

post #1654 of 1655 Old 05-11-2014, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krassyg View Post

DB Poweramp worked so well it did not warrant my time writing something myself. I did play around with doing a timed swap so you could let itunes rip when a CD was mounted, the problem was there was no error handling so if a disc was scratched or took forever to rip the software would change discs in the changer blindly.

I would just recommend dual booting windows 7, get a second hard drive and install window 7 and db poweramp. It will save you tons of time in troubleshooting.
post #1655 of 1655 Old 06-03-2014, 07:06 PM

Hey guys, I just picked one of these up last week at the local Goodwill. Unfortunately, it's having alignment issues. I took it apart and tried everything listed in this thread, but still no luck.

Is it possible that the belts can become stretched/worn and causing the alignment issues? I searched the thread and didn't find much info about it, and even if that were the case, I'd guess it would be next to impossible to get a new belt at this point.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page