AutumnWave / OnAir USB HDTV Tuners - Page 10 - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Which OnAir tuner do you own?
OnAir GT 197 49.50%
OnAir Creator 37 9.30%
Don't own one yet 164 41.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 398. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #271 of 2963 Old 09-22-2006, 04:15 PM
abb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpertusio View Post

abb,[*]Schedule an item to record later[*]Click the "System Off" button, and click OK to put your computer into Standby/Hibernation[/list]This is how the scheduler allows the computer to resume from standby/hibernate. Your computer should wake a few minutes before scheduled recording starts.

OK. I had tried that as well and the system immediately went into hibernation (not standby). Am I correct in assuming that the power state (standby/hibernate) your system goes into after pressing the "System Off" button is controlled by what's set in your BIOS power properties?

Also, just to make sure I understand, you're saying that in order to wake up and record from a reduced power state (standby/hibernation) I cannot do this through Windows -- e.g., by using the Task Manager -- but only by pressing the "System Off" button?

Quote:

abb,
Do any of the options save? I believe only the font 'size' is not functional at this time.

Sorry, I should have been more precise; it's just the font size (the color can be changed and stored).

Quote:

abb,
Change the decoder using the registry. (Use at your own risk!)
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\OnAirSolution\\OnAirGtTv\\Setup]
Change "Decoder Vendor" to 0 (auto), 1 (nVidia), or 2 (InterVideo)

Actually I was asking if I could set it to any arbritray decoder; I guess not...

Quote:

abb,
At this time, there's no method to access the time-shifted files for a previously tuned channel. While unsupported, you can change the extension from .DAT to .TRP (digital) or .MPG (analog)

Yup, that works. Thanks.

Regards,
Anthony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 2963 Old 09-22-2006, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abb View Post

Am I correct in assuming that the power state (standby/hibernate) your system goes into after pressing the "System Off" button is controlled by what's set in your BIOS power properties?

abb,
Actually, it depends on if you have Hibernation enabled in Windows or not:

Quote:
Also, just to make sure I understand, you're saying that in order to wake up and record from a reduced power state (standby/hibernation) I cannot do this through Windows -- e.g., by using the Task Manager -- but only by pressing the "System Off" button?

I believe this is the case. I will post a reply to the thread when I have a definite answer.

Quote:
Actually I was asking if I could set it to any arbritray decoder

. At this time, there isn't a method to do this.

Thanks again Anthony for your questions/comments! Have a good weekend, everybody!

- Ryan Pertusio

AutumnWave Technical Support
OnAir Solution North America
post #273 of 2963 Old 09-23-2006, 09:01 AM
abb

Hi again Ryan,

I did a little more testing of the resume from sleep function and have the following comments. I scheduled three separate test recordings, and only once did my computer actually wake up, but it did so 5 minutes early, stayed awake for two minutes, and then went back to sleep without ever actually recording. The other two times nothing happened at all (I waited 10 minutes after the system was supposed to wake up).

Problems aside, I'd like to point out that the way the resume from sleep function is currently implemented is a bit kludgy. Specifically, by requiring a user to put their computer to sleep using the System Off button instead of through Windows means that you cannot use your computer afterwards, or that you have to leave yourself a note to do this at the end of a session.

I hope that you read this post in the constructive spirit in which it was written and not as petty whining. The implementation of the resume feature as it stands is inconsistent with the overall high quality of your products.

Regards,
--Anthony
post #274 of 2963 Old 09-23-2006, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quick question about installing. I've ordered the Creator version, it should arrive later today. I was reading the Quick install manual and it says:

Install the Driver & Program using the provided installation CD.
and then to
Download and Install the newest Driver & Program from AutumnWave.

Is it necessary to install the driver and program from the CD Rom, in other words is there more on the CD Rom(other programs and/or drivers) that are needed other than the updated driver and program files on the website?
post #275 of 2963 Old 09-23-2006, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 23
You need to install from the CD to get the nVidia PureVideo Decoder. iI will work without it but not with as many features. John
post #276 of 2963 Old 09-23-2006, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdish View Post

You need to install from the CD to get the nVidia PureVideo Decoder. iI will work without it but not with as many features. John

Thanx, I'll wait on it to get here
post #277 of 2963 Old 09-23-2006, 02:06 PM
abb

The nVidia PureVideo Decoder caused problems with my analog TV audio (pops, clicks, and stuttering). If you experience these problems, you may want to uninstall it and use the interVideo decoder instead (that solved my problem).
post #278 of 2963 Old 09-23-2006, 04:05 PM

I got the GT from walmart.com and the only thing I need to comply w/ the hardware requiremnet was the usb 2.0

Bought a usb card w/ the NEC chipset. If you need a a usb card keep in mind you may want to start your computer w/ tha card already on it. Otherwise you may expirence "freeze". Also you need to get the extenal power to the card prior to run the GT.

Make sure the the usb A to B is working, mine was defective, so the computer will no read the GT...

Installed all the drivers & programs from the web just to found out it will not work. Why? because you need to install the nvidia decoder. After it was installed finally the GT will work but only in "analog"...

Tried to change the settings under options will make the program to "freeze" and that point the only way to regain the computer was to shut it down. No matter what I tried to get out of "analog" mode It will make the computer to freeze. Windows XP was unable to regain control because the program has as a default the highest processing/cpu setting.

So this is what I learned: Dont bother looking for the best price but for the place it will take it back if it does not work in your computer.

If you need a usb 2.0 card get ONLY the one w/external supply cable.

Use ONLY the software from the box.

If everytthing works for you GREAT !!! If not, don't bother, return everything and try later in a couple of months

My 2 cents.
post #279 of 2963 Old 09-24-2006, 03:08 AM

Hi,

I am a college student who is considering purchasing an onair gt. I read through this thread but just wanted to confirm before purchasing that it will do what I need it to do.

1. Need to handle an analog cable signal running to my dell i9300, which has a 6800 go graphics card and a 1.6 ghz pentium m. Will need to output the video to my dell 2005fpw, which I don't think will be a prob.

2. Handle an over the air digital hd signal w/ the same setup.

3. Schedule to record shows for either of these signals depending on which I'm using.

Also I am using windows xp at the moment.

Thanks for your time.

-Patrick
post #280 of 2963 Old 09-24-2006, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Is there a jump forward/reverse feature for Digital tv? If so is it adjustable?

I had a heck of a time watching a recorded show tonight (alright recorded with a MyHD - may have had bad capture as neither MyHD nor TT2 would play the file - but I also had some problems with On Air Creator. One problem I had was that I couldn't turn the clicker off - every remote press got the loud click even though I disabled it in the menu system and hit apply. (I was using SP/DIF out to receiver)

Also for navigation, I could slide it along but only to around the two hour point. Finally just watched it in 2x speed and it went to end of game even though the slider jumped back to the start.

Anybody else using this in a computer with a MyHD card or are they incompatible in the same box? (I did get a successful capture of Cold Case tonight while watching the Redskins file on On Air so it looks like it works but was just wondering re others experience.
post #281 of 2963 Old 09-25-2006, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Anthony (abb),
Thanks for your candid feedback! It is good to hear honest opinions from our customers on how we can further improve our products. Keep an eye on this thread for future updates & news. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d13go View Post

Tried to change the settings under options will make the program to "freeze" and that point the only way to regain the computer was to shut it down. No matter what I tried to get out of "analog" mode It will make the computer to freeze. Windows XP was unable to regain control because the program has as a default the highest processing/cpu setting.

d13go,
Thanks for your input regarding USB cards. Regarding freezing, this is often caused by (1) outdated chipset drivers, (2) A graphics card that doesn't support DxVA (or old drivers), (3) USB card/port power issues, or (4) other programs that interfere with Overlay of your graphics card.

To turn off the Realtime CPU setting, visit the Options > Other tab, and uncheck the first option. Feel free to email me privately for one-on-one support at tech@autumnwave.com. Thanks!

Patrick (pflanagan),
1. The device can tune Analog sources. If you are able to playback a video (using WMP and such) on your 2005fpw, then I wouldn't expect you to have any problems.
2. The GT can handle OTA with the same setup.
3. The scheduler can be used for either Analog or Digital TV.

RalphArch,
The click setting may be 'on' from the Remote Control program. Right-click the Remote Control program and disable the Click sound in the Options.

If you wish to jump forward, click in front of (or behind) the slider to advance it forwards/backwards. Dragging the slider is unsupported at this time.

Thanks for your questions/comments, everyone!

- Ryan Pertusio
post #282 of 2963 Old 09-25-2006, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

I haven't received my Creator yet, FedEX is killing me, on the truck for delivery on Saturday, still on the truck

In the mean time, I bought an nvidia card, and evidently the newest drivers are causing a lot of people problems with watching videos(desktop looks good, but the videos are all very dark), so anyone that might want to update their drivers might not want to use the newest drivers just yet for the nvidia cards. Here is a link to a conversation on the nvidia board discussing the problems with watching videos with the newest drivers.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=18310
post #283 of 2963 Old 09-25-2006, 01:46 PM

I have nearly completed (software wise) my HTPC using the OnAir Creator with WXP Prof OS. To make it easier to record and watch HD programing for family members the OnAir software window appears when the computer is turned on. Can anyone recommend a 'free' front end similar in style to MCE 2005 that will give the main screen the friendly 'Tivo' effect. I would like to give OnAir recorded films and programs etc. their own icons. My objective is to make the presentation as user friendly as possible for my wife who likes 'point and click'! Many thanks Ryan for your earlier reply.
post #284 of 2963 Old 09-26-2006, 02:50 AM

Wow, talk about a glowing endorsement from AVSforum. This forum has helped me avoid getting a lemon on several products now, and I've been searching for a good TV tuner solution for a very long time - every product has a gotcha! Thanks everyone in this thread for all the info on this tuner, and to AutumnWave for not only making a great product but taking a pretty ballsy move going directly to the users like this. I ordered an OnAir GT last night.

I have a few questions about it now though:
Ryan/Autumnwave you mentioned "HD Editor," downloadable from your site. Do you allow software to be just downloaded and used free of charge? Or do I need to wait for my GT to show for this software to work?

Relatedly, does HD Editor let me slice up my recorded shows, and dump them to a typical video format like MPEG?

I've noticed that HDTVtoMPEG2 is mentioned a lot, but unfortunately that site's forum thread says that despite the misleading name, it actually fails to convert HDTV to MPEG - Cris Moore seems to feel the feature is untested and most likely broken. Can anyone verify it either works in converting OnAir's .TRP files to MPEG, or can't?
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=395744

Greatly looking forward to this GT. This one's for my room and if it works out, either a Creator or GT is going in the living room.
post #285 of 2963 Old 09-26-2006, 05:43 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoopahMan View Post

Ryan/Autumnwave you mentioned "HD Editor," downloadable from your site. Do you allow software to be just downloaded and used free of charge? Or do I need to wait for my GT to show for this software to work?

SoopahMan,
You can freely use the HD Editor. In fact, I would recommend playing the Sample clip back in the HD editor to see how well your computer displays HD. The 'OnAir HDTV Program' will automatically quit after a few seconds if the GT or Creator is attached. (However, for evaluation purposes, those few seconds may provide a glimpse of the interface)

Quote:

Relatedly, does HD Editor let me slice up my recorded shows, and dump them to a typical video format like MPEG?

While the HD editor allows you to slice up your recorded TRP files, it does not do any 'conversion'. I have created a FAQ at our website:
How can I convert .TS/TRP/TP files to DVD/MPG/AVI/WMV?

The HDTVtoMPEG2 doesn't actually 'convert' anything. It simply pulls out the MPEG2 stream out. In other words, the TRP is a package that contains an MPEG stream along with other DigitalTV data... and HDTVtoMPEG2 strips away the data that isn't MPEG2. (I believe I'm explaining this correctly... but someone else can verify.) You can also take the TRP files and convert with many commercial programs. (Without endorsing any particular 3rd party program, Nero comes to mind.)

Thanks for your comments & questions!

- Ryan Pertusio
post #286 of 2963 Old 09-26-2006, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoopahMan View Post

Wow, talk about a glowing endorsement from AVSforum. This forum has helped me avoid getting a lemon on several products now, and I've been searching for a good TV tuner solution for a very long time - every product has a gotcha! .

I certainly would not provide a glowing endorsement (relative to the MyHD MDP 130 I also own.) Each card has strengths and weaknesses and the On-Air doesn't measure up in some areas and does well in others.

For example - I never had to validate my Windows XP install before I installed the On Air and got hung up in the dual monitor feature of the Radeon card with On-Air running. But that can be overcome with a 15 minute phone call.

Also I found that even running the demo program and having a laptop that met the minimum requirements except 4x agp would not assure that the product itself would run on my targeted machine. Fair warning was given by On Air in that only dxva capable setups are recommended but you can get a false impression it will work when you try out the sample file provided.

BTW h2 or hdtvtompeg2 or whatever you want to call it is misnamed. It is strictly a transport stream editor. Cut the commercials out and combine files with it. The converting capabilities have long ago been abandoned

Don't use it to convert to dvds etc..
post #287 of 2963 Old 09-26-2006, 10:22 AM

This question is covered extensively on other forums but seems relevant enough to OnAir GT & Creator users where I'd like to chime in with what I learned. I'll assume that most are interested in converting to mpeg2 for DVD authoring.

I found HDTVtoMEPG2 useful for cutting out commercials. It's very fast since it doesn't do any transcoding, e.g. doesn't convert to another format and the resulting mpeg2 is exactly as the original in terms of file size (less the cropped commercials), resolution, bitrate, quality, and carries the original AC-3 sound. The "conversion" simply makes the resulting file look like a vanilla mpeg2 -- necessary for media players and video transcoders that can't read a DTV .ts file directly as Ryan described in a previous post. You can't drop the resulting mpeg2 into a DVD authoring program primarily because the resolution and bitrate are too high (tho the DTV AC-3 soundtrack is compatible with DVD standards).

There are many compressors capable of transcoding the mpeg2 to DVD standards, but I only found one that will keep the audio and video in sync after transcoding. There are many posts on this subject, and I haven't found any solutions that actually work. Re-muxing the audio and video and adding a time delay is useless since the delay is not constant (an hour long clip starts with no delay and has several seconds worth towards the end). I tried all the popular tools, converting to AVI and frameserving etc. but no cigar. The problem also exists with transcoding to other formats such as Divx. I finally decided on SVCD2DVD (HDTV2DVD is the Lite version) for transcoding to DVD mpeg2 and it's been perfect in keeping the audio/video synchronized and also preserves the original DD5.1 AC-3. It also handles DTV .ts files directly and I've had great tech support from the SVCD2DVD author who has a FAQ on videohelp.com. The downsides are is that I found it slower than other compressors (maybe a penalty associated with proper audio/video sync handling, about 1/2 the speed of Procoder in an apples-for-apples 2-pass encoding comparison) and commercial compressors appear to produce better quality at lower video bitrates (say, 4Mbits/sec when trying to fit >2 hours on a 4.7GB DVD, otherwise, quality at >6Mbps is equivalent).

Anyway, if anyone has experience with another DTV transcoding solution to any other format (Divx, Xvid, mpeg2, etc.) that actually works (A/V in sync towards the end of a 1+ hour long clip) then please pass the info along...
post #288 of 2963 Old 09-26-2006, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeasel View Post

I have nearly completed (software wise) my HTPC using the OnAir Creator with WXP Prof OS. To make it easier to record and watch HD programing for family members the OnAir software window appears when the computer is turned on. Can anyone recommend a 'free' front end similar in style to MCE 2005 that will give the main screen the friendly 'Tivo' effect. I would like to give OnAir recorded films and programs etc. their own icons. My objective is to make the presentation as user friendly as possible for my wife who likes 'point and click'! Many thanks Ryan for your earlier reply.

Thanks for the iMon suggestion. I installed the software but unfortunately it is not fully functional without the hardware. Have found one vendor including this package with an HTPC case free so I may go for it as it does look like the presentation I am looking for. Also tried Media Portal and Theater Tek but am not sure about these co-existing with the OnAir software. I will keep looking and trying for now but will probably end up with iMON.
post #289 of 2963 Old 09-26-2006, 10:05 PM
abb

Hi Ryan,

Occasionally I rescan channels to see if my cable provider (Comcast) has added anything new. A week ago I did this and found a bunch of music-only broadcasts. This was a nice windfall except that these channels are much less stable than regular TV channels. When the main app crashes, I get this error msg:

AppName: onaircrtv.exe AppVer: 2.9.9.0 ModName: tsformer.ax
ModVer: 1.0.0.0 Offset: 00007bb3.

Is there anything inherently problematic about this type of broadcast?

Regards,
Anthony
post #290 of 2963 Old 09-26-2006, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

I haven't received my Creator yet, FedEX is killing me, on the truck for delivery on Saturday, still on the truck

In the mean time, I bought an nvidia card, and evidently the newest drivers are causing a lot of people problems with watching videos(desktop looks good, but the videos are all very dark), so anyone that might want to update their drivers might not want to use the newest drivers just yet for the nvidia cards. Here is a link to a conversation on the nvidia board discussing the problems with watching videos with the newest drivers.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=18310

I know the feeling well, it sucks waiting for a new toy to arrive after you've pulled the trigger ;-)

Thanks for the nvidia forum link I have an nvidia card also and thought it was me or my system.

I installed the new drivers and had nothing but trouble. 91.47 was stable but the color rendering was bad, 91.45 handeled the color fine but would occaisionally go wonky, the display would turn to horizontal and then the system would reboot.

I had to rollback to 84.21. I miss the new control panel but my system is stable.

RalphArch wrote:
Quote:

I certainly would not provide a glowing endorsement (relative to the MyHD MDP 130 I also own.) Each card has strengths and weaknesses and the On-Air doesn't measure up in some areas and does well in others.

The GT does preforms as advertised. It's a QAM tuner that records and/or plays unencrypted digital, HDTV and analog signals. This alone is enough for a glowing endorsement. It's not advertised as an editor or converter, just a capture/playback device.

Quote:

For example - I never had to validate my Windows XP install before I installed the On Air and got hung up in the dual monitor feature of the Radeon card with On-Air running. But that can be overcome with a 15 minute phone call.

I don't understand?¿? What does the GT have to do with sniffing out a pirated copy of XP? The OnAir program did lock my machine a couple of times but if you set it's "Thread Priority" to off (options>other>untick the 1st box) there'll be no lockups and the program runs fine.

Quote:

Also I found that even running the demo program and having a laptop that met the minimum requirements except 4x agp would not assure that the product itself would run on my targeted machine. Fair warning was given by On Air in that only dxva capable setups are recommended but you can get a false impression it will work when you try out the sample file provided.

This is true, if anyone wants a larger file I can cut a chunk from an an actual HD recording, just tell me how much and where to u/l it, the files are large. A one hour HD broadcast is 6-8 gigs, do the math...

/Grey

My other car is a Galaxy class starship...
post #291 of 2963 Old 09-27-2006, 02:49 AM

anyone here using their GT with comcast? i am not picking up any channels.
post #292 of 2963 Old 09-27-2006, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

I occasionally get the message "Stream is not Stable", is this a catch all message or is it concerned with the USB port only? I can create the message by opening up the "Color Adjustment" option and clicking default a lot, which leads me to believe it is more of a system issue and not the signal coming in from the cable company or antenna. I was just wondering if the message would appear if the broadcast signals were bad or weak?

Quote:
anyone here using their GT with comcast? i am not picking up any channels.

I have comcast and I have the OnAir Creator, but I'm pretty sure it has the same tuner as the GT and I get plenty of Comcast channels. I get all the regular channels on ATV(C), and several QAM channels on DTV(C). Do you not get any channels?
post #293 of 2963 Old 09-27-2006, 01:05 PM
Advanced Member

"Any channels" or "no QAM digital channels" ?

QAM channels on Comcast here in the clear include all the locals in HD. The QAM channels tend to be a lot higher in frequency than the analog channels so any weak/bad coax or splitters in your house can result in no digital channels coming in. I had to replace splitter, coax, and even add a Motorola "cable modem" amp to get all the clear QAM locked in solid all through the house. The non-QAM channels looked fine before I changed anything out.

Dennis
post #294 of 2963 Old 09-27-2006, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by abb View Post

Hi Ryan,

Occasionally I rescan channels to see if my cable provider (Comcast) has added anything new. A week ago I did this and found a bunch of music-only broadcasts. This was a nice windfall except that these channels are much less stable than regular TV channels. When the main app crashes, I get this error msg:

AppName: onaircrtv.exe AppVer: 2.9.9.0 ModName: tsformer.ax
ModVer: 1.0.0.0 Offset: 00007bb3.

Is there anything inherently problematic about this type of broadcast?

Regards,
Anthony

FWIW, my LG 32LX1D TV will lockup and reboot itself (and even clear it's channel memory!) on certain Comcast QAM channels (Comcast in Bonita Springs/Ft Myers, FL) After I do a channel scan with that TV to see if anything new has popped up, I have to go back in and carefully delete the "bad" QAM channels from memory. So I guess I'm saying it's possible that some non-standard weird crap is coming down the stream on some QAM channels.
post #295 of 2963 Old 09-27-2006, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

I occasionally get the message "Stream is not Stable", is this a catch all message or is it concerned with the USB port only? I can create the message by opening up the "Color Adjustment" option and clicking default a lot, which leads me to believe it is more of a system issue and not the signal coming in from the cable company or antenna. I was just wondering if the message would appear if the broadcast signals were bad or weak?

I have comcast and I have the OnAir Creator, but I'm pretty sure it has the same tuner as the GT and I get plenty of Comcast channels. I get all the regular channels on ATV(C), and several QAM channels on DTV(C). Do you not get any channels?

i get all the ATV(C) fine, but i cannot get any DTV(C) channels...
post #296 of 2963 Old 09-27-2006, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwynne View Post

"Any channels" or "no QAM digital channels" ?

QAM channels on Comcast here in the clear include all the locals in HD. The QAM channels tend to be a lot higher in frequency than the analog channels so any weak/bad coax or splitters in your house can result in no digital channels coming in. I had to replace splitter, coax, and even add a Motorola "cable modem" amp to get all the clear QAM locked in solid all through the house. The non-QAM channels looked fine before I changed anything out.

Dennis

so it sounds like i am getting a weak signal because there are 2 splitters and about 30 feet of coax between my GT and the wall outlet...i'll try without the outlet and shorter cables....

hopefully i'll get back to u guys with good news....
post #297 of 2963 Old 09-27-2006, 01:45 PM
Advanced Member

You can also post over in the Sacramento Comcast thread and ask what channels are available in clear QAM in your area. It could be that nothing is, but I think most Comcast services carry at least the locals in HD in clear QAM.

Dennis
post #298 of 2963 Old 09-27-2006, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwynne View Post

You can also post over in the Sacramento Comcast thread and ask what channels are available in clear QAM in your area. It could be that nothing is, but I think most Comcast services carry at least the locals in HD in clear QAM.

Dennis

i am posting there too. anyway, i tried again with just a 2 feet coax to the GT and i am getting some pay-per-view preview channels, 2 cspan, and KCRA (98-1). however, when i try to manually add like Fox (308) or CBS(313), it ends up being KCRA for some reason....
post #299 of 2963 Old 09-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Advanced Member

There is no relationship between the cable box channel number (e.g. 308) and the QAM channel (e.g. 97-3) - it could be anything. You might try calling the tech support at the local Comcast and see if you can get through to an engineer or someone that could tell you the QAM channel assignment. Pretty much if you can't scan for it and find it, it is unlikely to come in properly with you just punching the QAM number in.

Dennis
post #300 of 2963 Old 09-27-2006, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

In the Cap/Time Shift section in the configuration, what does the checkbox "Record all CH's of one physical CH for DTV mode" mean? I thought I read something in this thread about it, but I couldn't find it.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page