AutumnWave / OnAir USB HDTV Tuners - Page 25 - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Which OnAir tuner do you own?
OnAir GT 196 49.37%
OnAir Creator 37 9.32%
Don't own one yet 164 41.31%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 397. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 2958 Old 12-03-2006, 08:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Very helpful thread. I'm considering purchasing an OnAir GT for use with my Dell Inspiron 700m... it has the Intel Extreme Graphics 2 onboard video chipset, but it reports itself as the "82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller"... before I buy, can someone confirm that this is compatible with Autumn Wave's requirements of "865G, 855G, 852G"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 2958 Old 12-03-2006, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoopahMan View Post

lq2006, you're really pushing the limits of that Intel graphics chip. That said, you may get this to work just fine by updating the drivers for the chip - the latest drivers are 14.19.50.

Thank you SoopahMan! I checked the driver you mentioned, that's the same one I have already installed. Intel made it confusing with those version numbers:
* Driver Revision: 6.14.10.4497
* Production Version 14.19.50.4497
* February 8, 2006
Could it be a problem with the NVIDIA decoder?
post #723 of 2958 Old 12-03-2006, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Does anyone else have a problem with the screen display getting all stretched and warped at the bottom on the 1280x720 broadcasts. I have some stream instability with my ESPN and every now and then on any of the stations, but when it happens on the 720p stations(ESPN and ABC) the screen display gets all stretched and out of whack on the bottom of the screen. It never happens on any of the 1080i stations, only on the 720p.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? It really wrecks the picture and I have to resize the window to get the picture straightened back out. It's really getting to be a pain.
post #724 of 2958 Old 12-04-2006, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicker1 View Post

So can I just introduce the amp right before the OnAir tuner? That would be okay?

It's designed to be placed before any splitters, etc....
If it's too much signal for your cable co STB, put an attenuator on that particular drop, althought I doubt you will over-drive it in any case. In my area, we had a few cable channels that were weaker that others, only once many subscribers complained about poor pic quality on these couple of weak stations- did the cable co address the situation. You need to complain....

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

post #725 of 2958 Old 12-04-2006, 04:48 PM

Liked: 11
Bicker1,

When I first hooked up my Creator using an antenna in the attic - I got a stunning picture, but lots of frame drops. I assumed it was a antenna/signal strength problem and ran up and down the stairs many times trying to get it right. Added a amplifier with the same results. I don't watch a lot of TV, so didn't devote a lot of time to solving the problem. I got around to running my CATV cable over to the computer location and guess what - same problem. This really irked me, but also pointed out that it was not an antenna problem.

Turns out I had plugged my Creator into a usb hub because of cable reach and location that I wanted the Creator. Bad, BAd, Bad move. Once I plugged the Creator into the computer (no hub) - everything worked perfectly.

If you are using a usb hub - that is probably the problem.

I put my stupidity out there for others to learn from.
post #726 of 2958 Old 12-04-2006, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpaulboy View Post

Bicker1,

When I first hooked up my Creator using an antenna in the attic - I got a stunning picture, but lots of frame drops. I assumed it was a antenna/signal strength problem and ran up and down the stairs many times trying to get it right. Added a amplifier with the same results. I don't watch a lot of TV, so didn't devote a lot of time to solving the problem. I got around to running my CATV cable over to the computer location and guess what - same problem. This really irked me, but also pointed out that it was not an antenna problem.

Turns out I had plugged my Creator into a usb hub because of cable reach and location that I wanted the Creator. Bad, BAd, Bad move. Once I plugged the Creator into the computer (no hub) - everything worked perfectly.

I put my stupidity out there for others to learn from.

I think some of my problems may be related to USB also, the PC only has two USB 2.0 ports and I think they are shared, I have a DVD burner on the USB 2.0 port also, I have never been able to burn a DVD over 4+ write speed, I scoured the net and no one seemed to be having any problems with the DVD burner I have, so I'm suspecting USB may have something to do with some of my problems as well.
post #727 of 2958 Old 12-04-2006, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpertusio View Post

TitanTV support? Stay tuned!!

I just got into TitanTV - I had no idea it was free. Awesome. I'd love to see these little TitanTV files it puts up work with OnAir now that I understand how it works. Way cool... . Any news on this Ryan?

Also, Ryan is there any kind of API or anything for the OnAir software? I'm asking (obviously?) because I could write a little program that translates TitanTV files into OnAir recording commands if so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboy View Post

Very helpful thread. I'm considering purchasing an OnAir GT for use with my Dell Inspiron 700m... it has the Intel Extreme Graphics 2 onboard video chipset, but it reports itself as the "82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller"... before I buy, can someone confirm that this is compatible with Autumn Wave's requirements of "865G, 855G, 852G"?

According to this search, "Intel Extreme Graphics 2" corresponds to the Intel 865G, so that fits the requirements.
post #728 of 2958 Old 12-05-2006, 12:22 AM

Is it possible to enable OnAir to record in minimized / stealth mode?
(where the main program doesnt have to open up, conflicting with MCE)

I dont see an option, but if you know of a registry hack or anthing else tht might work, please advise. (or maybe a feature app enhancment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazjon View Post

Is there a way for my GT to auto record shows withOUT it having to open the OnAir HD viewing window durring recording? I missed my friday onair scheduled QAM recordings. When I turned on my monitor, I saw a black OnAir video window open with an error message about it couldnt record because media center was active/open. (something to that effect) I assumed that it would record with out having to actually open the viewing window which causes conflict. hmmmmmm

Is it possible to have QAM recordings happen in the background without conflict?
I missed Las Vegas friday 9pm :-/

I was hoping to mix OTA MCE and OnAir QAM recordings.

Mac Mini (Late 2012, Ivy i7-3615QM/Intel HD 4000) Win 8 Pro x64 Media Center, 2 USB Ceton InfiniTV tuners + Companion iPhone App, XBox extender, MyMovies.dk WHS 2011 StableBit DrivePool, TIP: (DISABLE Intel Graphics Control Panel's Dynamic Contrast to prevent 29/59 flicker)
post #729 of 2958 Old 12-05-2006, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

It's designed to be placed before any splitters, etc....
If it's too much signal for your cable co STB, put an attenuator on that particular drop, althought I doubt you will over-drive it in any case. In my area, we had a few cable channels that were weaker that others, only once many subscribers complained about poor pic quality on these couple of weak stations- did the cable co address the situation. You need to complain....

I have an amp where the cable comes into my home, so the signal is already strong enough at that point. Like I said, I don't think the signal is supposed to be much stronger than 30dB, so double-amping it sounds like a bad idea. I surely don't want to do that to my entire house.

This is definitely a problem with individual stations. I will try to find some way of discovering how much signal I get on each channel using their box, and then call them to balance the channels out from their end. I get the impression though that they're not typically waiting to hear from customers about what internal changes they should be making on their end. They make it very very difficult to get them to fix actual problems, where the channels don't work on their own equipment. This is going two steps beyond that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpaulboy View Post

No usb hub. This is plugged directly into the laptop.
post #730 of 2958 Old 12-05-2006, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by otaguy View Post

What concerns me more though is the reported problem that if Creator/GT loses the signal it will not lock up again unless you change channels. Have you reproduced that?

otaguy,
Reproduced, and developers are investigating a possible fix.

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by avibp View Post

I am wanting to Watch, Pause and Record standard broadcast, HD broadcasts as well as cable analog and (HDTV)QAM transmissions and have been searching for a USB device (no external power source) to do all of these things forever.

avibp,
As rebkell indicated, The GT can Watch/Pause/Record Digital TV only. (It doesn't have a hardware encoder.) The Creator can Watch/Pause/Record both Digital and Analog TV, but it requires a power supply... due to more power required for the hardware encoder.

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote:

It appears that this problem was caused by the CH Name I applied to this channel "New England Cable News". Changing it to NECN fixed the problem.

bicker1,
Thanks for discovering this bug. Our developers are now aware of it, and looking into a possible solution. In the meantime, keep all names shorter than 22 characters.

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfbuchanan View Post

what do you need? An easy way to start recording and have it stop in "xxx" minutes.

Greg (gfbuchanan),
As rebkell indicated (thanks rebkell!), you can press CTRL+R, or right-click the screen for "Record Options".

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00d View Post

Well I pulled the trigger. My GT should be here on Friday.
I 'm going to direct compare it to my Hughes HD STB and I'll post the results in
this thread. Prolly be early next week sometime.

m00d,
I look forward to your comparison!

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote:

The signal is fine, around 30 db, and of course I don't have this problem when viewing the program through my cable box.

bicker1 (and others),
Here are the SNR dB limits for various DTV sources:

8VSB (Over-The-Air): 20dB or higher
QAM64 (Digital Cable): 27dB or higher
QAM256 (Digital Cable): 31dB or higher

In most cases, you'll want to be above those levels. (So, you might want to aim for 32dB or higher for best results.)

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by lq2006 View Post

I've got my GT yesterday. It works great on my Sony Vaio B100. But I have a problem with dual display. I want to connect a 17" CRT monitor and use it to watch TV so I can work on the LCD at the same time. But the the GT HDTV window on secondary desktop does not display anything.

lq2006,
The settings you need to access are in your graphics card control panel. Look for Primary/Secondary settings, and Clonse settings.

For Intel cards (like yours), use the following instructions:
Multi-Monitor: Understanding Options for Multiple Displays

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote:

Is there a way for my GT to auto record shows withOUT it having to open the OnAir HD viewing window durring recording?

jazjon,
Not exactly, no. However, you can try turning off decoding (showing the video on the screen) in the 'Dec/Encoder' tab of the Options.

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboy View Post

skyboy,
Yes, as SoopahMan indicated (thanks!), that chipset will work fine (with the newer drivers from Intel/Dell.) Look at the last 3 digits of the model numbers you pasted: 82852 and 82855, and you'll see they match

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote:

I just got into TitanTV - I had no idea it was free. Awesome. I'd love to see these little TitanTV files it puts up work with OnAir now that I understand how it works. Way cool... . Any news on this Ryan?

Also, Ryan is there any kind of API or anything for the OnAir software? I'm asking (obviously?) because I could write a little program that translates TitanTV files into OnAir recording commands if so.

SoopahMan,
Continue staying tuned to this thread (or AutumnWave newsletter). As for an API, we don't have one currently.

- - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for all comments/questions!

- Ryan Pertusio

AutumnWave Technical Support
OnAir Solution North America
http://www.autumnwave.com/
post #731 of 2958 Old 12-05-2006, 02:11 PM
Advanced Member

I read your comparison of GT with several other tuners and was very impressed, especially with your ability to pick up signals 50 miles out over-the-air. Can you tell us a little more about your antennas/preamp?
What make/model preamp did you use? What make/model distribution amp? How do you connect four UHF Yagis together? Did you use a balun in there somewhere? How far apart are the four antennas horizontally and vertically?

I'm about 46 miles from 3 digital stations in Allentown PA and might be able to apply your techniques. I'm also 11 miles from the Roxborough towers for main Philadelphia stations, so would I have to worry about overloading my settop box on those stations? Or can you turn down the gain on the preamp when tuned to stronger stations?
post #732 of 2958 Old 12-06-2006, 01:47 AM

For antenna setup questions, I'd like to point out this is AVSforum - you can find a mountain of expertise in tuning any signal you want Over-The-Air right here on this forum; this isn't the best thread to discuss it, mostly because there's so much more info right here in other sections of this forum. Get searching! You really will find everything you need to know.

As a pointer, try searching for Turk, and I can tell you now most antenna people will tell you that preamp for OTA is usually not useful.
post #733 of 2958 Old 12-06-2006, 09:48 AM

Quote:

That would be cool, but it's too bad QAM EPG so not very standard across the cable providers. If TitanTV offered QAM EPG data, and then a onair plugin was created, that would be the ultimate SageTV is making progress though so maybe that will get the job done too.

Mac Mini (Late 2012, Ivy i7-3615QM/Intel HD 4000) Win 8 Pro x64 Media Center, 2 USB Ceton InfiniTV tuners + Companion iPhone App, XBox extender, MyMovies.dk WHS 2011 StableBit DrivePool, TIP: (DISABLE Intel Graphics Control Panel's Dynamic Contrast to prevent 29/59 flicker)
post #734 of 2958 Old 12-06-2006, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

jazjon,
In v3.00 of the software, you can actually use TitanTV's "Digital Cable" listings with the OnAir HDTV tuner. Simply rename the QAM channel to match the one shown under "Digital Cable" in TitanTV's listing. The channel numbers wont match up, but as long as the names match up, the OnAir HDTV Program will Watch or Schedule a recording appropriately.

(I'm going to make 2 posts very soon after this one, indicating what is fixed in v3.00!)

Thanks,
- Ryan Pertusio

post #735 of 2958 Old 12-06-2006, 09:58 AM

Awesome Ryan. This is why I love your product. Support and updates.

Now if I could just get that skip forward/back 30/15 seconds...
post #736 of 2958 Old 12-06-2006, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I'm pleased to announce the release of v3.00 of the OnAir HDTV Program! For anyone who has experienced crashes or other problems, please test and report to me if you still are having problems. Enjoy!

Files:
OnAir GT:

OnAir Creator:

Changelog...:

OnAir HDTV GT Driver v1.2.5.5 Changes:
  • The GT's remote control has improved response time

OnAir HDTV Program v3.00 Fixes:
  • File playback:
    • Resolved a problem where remote control FF and RW buttons do not work after opening/closing the Options dialog box

• TV Window:
    • Fixed the problem where the 'Fit to Full Screen' option did not fully fit the entire screen

• EPG:
    • Fixed a crash while changing channels, resulting from receiving EPG text information that is too long.

• Audio:
    • Resolved a problem where audio is un-muted after opening/closing the Options dialog

• USB device:
    • Fixed a crash in the TV program if the USB device is not detected

• Edit CH:
    • Resolved a crash when the CH name exceeds 20 characters

OnAir HDTV Program v3.00 Additions & Changes:
  • Windows Vista RTM (32bit) is now supported
  • Schedule/System Off:
    • Scheduled items will now wake the computer when setting Hibernate/Standby from Windows dialog. ('System Off' button no longer required)
    • The wait time for wakeup has been reduced from 5 to 3 minutes
    • The TV program is no longer closed when the system enters sleep mode

• Closed Captions:
    • Analog functions now support Closed Captions (Analog TV, Video, S-Video).CAUTION: If timeshifting is enabled for Analog TV on the Creator, the Pause/FF/RW functions may no longer work properly

• TitanTV:
    • The Program supports TitanTV's 'Watch' and 'Record' buttons

• Remote Control Program:
    • The Options of the Remote Control program now allow users to redefine each remote control key to keyboard inputs or commands. You can use this to control other programs like Media Center, Media Player, and others. (Example keymaps are included)
    • The Remote control key input response time is faster (for OnAir GT)

• "TV Window avoids mouse" Option:
    • The menu on the TV Window (right-click) has the option "TV Window avoids mouse". This option is useful when you are watching TV while using aweb browser, or other programs. When the mouse cursor approaches the TVwindow from the top/bottom/left/right, the TV window will move out ofthe way, to the opposite side of the screen. If you want to 'catch' the TV window, approach the window from a diagonal direction (or move the mouse while pressing the CTRL key). For best results, use with the 'Always on Top' option.

• TV Window:
    • In full screen, clicking the left mouse button will show hidden windows(such as "Operation Control", "Color Adjustment", "Filelist Manager",and "Channel Manager.)

• CH Changing:
    • Channels change faster and smoother when changing channels rapidly with the keyboard, mouse wheel, or remote control.

• CH Scanning:
    • When there is no PSIP information on the locked stream (common in QAM), the CH numbers now correspond to the program number. (Previously, the naming convention was "RF-Serial", now it is "RF-ProgramNumber"

• If DTV signal is lost (unlocked) for 30 seconds, the program will attempt to lock the signal again.
  • Other/Options:
    • "Use mouse wheel with volume control" option is added.

• Remote control command define / Options:
    • Minimize screen command is added

• Added hotkeys:
    • CTRL + M : Minimizes the screen
    • P : Play stream
    • U : Pause stream
    • S: Stop stream

Thanks,
- Ryan Pertusio

post #737 of 2958 Old 12-06-2006, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Hi again, here are some notes to specific users...

Everyone who wanted TitanTV Support.... IT'S HERE! Check out v3.00

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by \\/iper View Post

In the DTV mode, I've noticed that when set to "Fit to full screen" the video expands to all but where the Windows task bar would be i.e. there is a black bar along the bottom of the screen.

Jim (\\/iper),
This bug has been resolved in v3.00!

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by abb View Post

you're saying that in order to wake up and record from a reduced power state (standby/hibernation) I cannot do this through Windows -- e.g., by using the Task Manager -- but only by pressing the "System Off" button?

Anthony (abb),
As of v3.00, you can now use Windows' method of entering standby/hibernation. No longer requires pressing a 'System Off' button.

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyWolf050 View Post

If I access the 'Options' menu during playback the forward and reverse buttons on the remote are rendered inoperable. Play, stop and pause buttons are are not affected. Closing and restarting the program restores all functions.

Grey (GreyWolf050),
This has been fixed in v3.00

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfbuchanan View Post

I have been using the OnAir Creator for a few weeks now and have discovered that it's assignment of QAM subchannel numbers is not consistent with my Sony TV. For example, Sony assigns KQED Life on 91.9, but the OnAir assigns it 91.7. In this case, the Sony says that the subchannels on this channel start at .2 instead of .1.

Greg (gfbuchanan),
With v3.00, tell me if the numbers match up now. Our developers have changed how the program assigns numbers to QAM channels (or any channel that has no PSIP info).

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote:

Please, pleeeeease release a version that either disables the mousewheel for changing channels, or lets you change it so that it controls volume (like in Winamp) not TV channel. I've lost what I'm watching irrecoverably so many times now because of moving the mouse to my browser while the TV has focus and changing the channel once downwards, eliminating what I was watching entirely. So very frustrating. ...And sorry for venting.

SoopahMan,
Check v3.00 on the [Other] tab, and you'll see an option to use mousewheel as volume control

- - - - - - - - - -

Thanks,
- Ryan Pertusio

post #738 of 2958 Old 12-06-2006, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Ryan - On Air's support for both bugs and program driver improvements and your presence were the major reasons I chose a Creator. Thanks for confirming a good choice.
post #739 of 2958 Old 12-06-2006, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

If TitanTV offered QAM EPG data, and then a onair plugin was created, that would be the ultimate

jazjon and everyone else who wants to use Digital Cable TitanTV listings with the OnAir HDTV Program... I created a new FAQ entry moments ago: How do I use TitanTV features?

To those who don't really keep up with this thread, see my above posts, AND my post from yesterday where I reply to a number of issues that were discussed in the past few weeks.

- Ryan
post #740 of 2958 Old 12-06-2006, 12:46 PM

Ryan - awesome!

And now it's bug time!

Installer - Updates The update process is a little bit confusing. In my first attempt it didn't install the drivers fully and the second I think it reverted to the old CR drivers. I'm going to browse the FAQ and see if I can determine what's wrong.

Update: Unfortunately the FAQ is for the viewer software, not the drivers. I'm not sure how to get the updated drivers working with the device.

Installer - Old Settings The installer doesn't seem to honor all existing settings - the most important of which being the folder you installed the various parts of the program to. I'm pretty sure the MS Install software you guys are using has a variable you can call to get that info to make sure 2 copies of the software aren't accidentally installed.

Mousewheel Volume Thanks for adding this! The wording could probably be improved so people besides the requester (me) know what it does. "Mouse wheel adjusts volume (instead of changing channel)" - would make things pretty clear.

TitanTV is working for Analog!! Awesome!!
post #741 of 2958 Old 12-06-2006, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

jazjon and everyone else who wants to use Digital Cable TitanTV listings with the OnAir HDTV Program... I created a new FAQ entry moments ago: How do I use TitanTV features?

To those who don't really keep up with this thread, see my above posts, AND my post from yesterday where I reply to a number of issues that were discussed in the past few weeks.

- Ryan

I love this, but mine isn't changing the channels or putting in any recording info, when I use TitanTV, it will definitely start the OnAir program, but it just opens up on the last station it was on when I closed it. I've changed the station names to match TitanTV, the easiest way to determine the channel name is to save one of the tvvi files and look at it with a text editor/viewer. I've checked that, and they do match, but so far no luck on changing to the channel I pick to view from titantv and nothing has been added to the schedule when I pick something to record from titantv.

Is there some option/setting I'm supposed to set in the OnAir? I'm using the Creator is that has any bearing.
post #742 of 2958 Old 12-06-2006, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

SoopahMan,
Your comments & suggestions are noted!

Have you seen the FAQ: Manually installing/updating OnAir tuner drivers ? For the creator, the instructions should be modified slightly, as these instructions were for the GT.

rebkell,
What if you double-click the downloaded TVVI file? Do you get an error message after the OnAir HDTV program opens? An error message should indicate to you if the channel was not found in the CH manager. (Since you appear to be using QAM, make sure you using the 'Digital Cable' listings on TitanTV.) Does it work for Analog Cable or any OTA stations?

- Ryan
post #743 of 2958 Old 12-06-2006, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

SoopahMan,
Your comments & suggestions are noted!

Have you seen the FAQ: Manually installing/updating OnAir tuner drivers ? For the creator, the instructions should be modified slightly, as these instructions were for the GT.

rebkell,
What if you double-click the downloaded TVVI file? Do you get an error message after the OnAir HDTV program opens? An error message should indicate to you if the channel was not found in the CH manager. (Since you appear to be using QAM, make sure you using the 'Digital Cable' listings on TitanTV.) Does it work for Analog Cable or any OTA stations?

- Ryan

I'll play around with it some later, I thought it was because I was using a favorite list at TitanTV, when I switched to digital cable listings, the first time I tried it, it worked, but ever since then it doesn't seem to have an effect. When I double click the tvvi file, it doesn't seem to do anything if the OnAir is already open, if it's closed it will open it, but it reverts to the last channel it was viewing when shutdown.
post #744 of 2958 Old 12-06-2006, 01:54 PM

Quote:

Have you seen the FAQ: Manually installing/updating OnAir tuner drivers?

Installing the new drivers, then reconnecting the OnAir Creator lead me to the same dialog. Unfortunately, the drivers in the C:\\OnAir... folder have a Modified date of 11/2005, and identify themselves as Version 1.30. I'm not sure where the 2.0.x drivers went to.

The TitanTV support is perfect - if you hit a future program it brings up the scheduler so you can decide whether you want to schedule a record or watch - excellent. Having to hit Edit before you make changes is a little bit clumsy but not a big deal - modifying the item it conflicts with would probably be better than an error message if you try to change the record/watch settings.

Is there some way the Timeshifting timeline can be changed to just a free text box where I can type in, for example, 300 (5 hours)? My hard drive and system can handle it, it's just the software cap preventing me from walking away from a good show for more than a couple hours.
post #745 of 2958 Old 12-06-2006, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

rebkell,
Feel free to email me, and we can figure out if your setup is different from ours. (tech@autumnwave.com)

SoopahMan,
Look in C:\\OnAirSolution\\USBHDTV-CR\\Drivers\\20061 (The Creator driver has not needed an update since v2.0.0.61 of last year.)

- Ryan
post #746 of 2958 Old 12-06-2006, 02:01 PM

Hmmm alright - well that is the folder I have - 20061 - so maybe I've got the latest but they're just mislabeled?

Ahhh... yep! So when I installed it it said it was version 1.3.x. When I right-click the .sys file it says its version is 2.0.x. Looks like the version number didn't get updated somewhere - but regardless it's all working, so I'm happy.
post #747 of 2958 Old 12-06-2006, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

rebkell,
Feel free to email me, and we can figure out if your setup is different from ours. (tech@autumnwave.com)

SoopahMan,
Look in C:\\OnAirSolution\\USBHDTV-CR\\Drivers\\20061 (The Creator driver has not needed an update since v2.0.0.61 of last year.)

- Ryan

Ryan, I'm going to be in and out, but if I right click on the tvvi file and select open it with On Air HDTV Main it will work every time, well everytime I've tried it so far, recording and viewing, it works if the On Air is open or closed,

but if I just double click on the file, it will open the OnAir Window, if it isn't already open, but it doesn't change to the correct channel or open up the scheduling screen. If the On Air window is already open it doesn't appear to have any effect at all.
post #748 of 2958 Old 12-06-2006, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Very strange. Maybe the TVVI/TVPI aren't pointing to the right place. Open regedit and navigate to:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ vpi_auto_file\\shell\\open\\command]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ vvi_auto_file\\shell\\open\\command]

The Default value should be pointing to your install directory, with "%1" after it. For example:
C:\\Program Files\\OnAirCR USB HDTV\\OnAirCrTv.exe "%1"

- Ryan
post #749 of 2958 Old 12-06-2006, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

I'd like to add one to the wish list, the ability to select/unselect Record All CHs for each recording, when setting up a recording in the scheduler. I'm pretty sure I saw this request earlier, but I'd like to add my vote for it also.
post #750 of 2958 Old 12-06-2006, 02:24 PM

It's very cool the TitanTV show name is even included in the scheduled recording. However, the name is coming in as XML verbatim - for example, Law & Order. It needs to be XML entity decoded.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page