AutumnWave / OnAir USB HDTV Tuners - Page 97 - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Which OnAir tuner do you own?
OnAir GT 197 49.50%
OnAir Creator 37 9.30%
Don't own one yet 164 41.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 398. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #2881 of 2963 Old 05-11-2010, 07:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfbuchanan View Post

So are Autumn Wave and Seasem now gone as companies?

Apparently so. Maybe it is time to buy up the remaining stock of the OnAir GT from WalMart, etc. Broadcast TV engineers like them because they work so well with TSReader for analyzing a digital TV stream.

---- Dan in Saint Louis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2882 of 2963 Old 05-11-2010, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hello. i have a dual boot pc with w xp and 7. it is aatom ion. i have a problem with using onair gt. when watching tv on w7 the time shifting is always on even when disable. when using xp boot one can turn it on or off. i do not need time shifting at all. i have tried all versions of drivdrs and programs. it is always on with w7. robert.
post #2883 of 2963 Old 05-29-2010, 05:35 PM

The video seems to be very pixelated when watching OTA DTV (which is all I watch by the way), however the older version (3203) isn't pixelated and is nice to watch. I tired messing with the settings in the "Dec/Encoder" tab but nothing seems to be able to fix it. If you want to know how the pixelation looks like go to that "Dec/Encoder" tab (in version 3203) and choose "3D Surface" for the "Video Mixing Render (VMR)" setting. Hopefully there's a fix for this because i like how using the beta version doesn't turn of the aero scheme. Thanks for reading
post #2884 of 2963 Old 05-30-2010, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I wouldn't expect much in the way of fixes. It appears that Autumn Wave has gone out of business.

Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy3187 View Post

The video seems to be very pixelated when watching OTA DTV (which is all I watch by the way), however the older version (3203) isn't pixelated and is nice to watch. I tired messing with the settings in the "Dec/Encoder" tab but nothing seems to be able to fix it. If you want to know how the pixelation looks like go to that "Dec/Encoder" tab (in version 3203) and choose "3D Surface" for the "Video Mixing Render (VMR)" setting. Hopefully there's a fix for this because i like how using the beta version doesn't turn of the aero scheme. Thanks for reading

post #2885 of 2963 Old 06-07-2010, 08:27 AM

Dan in St. Louis

I've just upgraded to win 7 and went to download the latest from autumnwave but nothing there. Would it be possible to get the newer version from you. I see from your image that there is a win07 beta for the gt model I have. Any help would be appreciated.

rich_lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis View Post

I have stored files as indexed in the attachment if they will be of any help.

post #2886 of 2963 Old 06-07-2010, 11:12 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
post #2887 of 2963 Old 06-09-2010, 06:57 AM

Thank you. I downloaded and installed the gt driver and the beta hdtv program, as well as the nvidia drivers but for some reason I just can't get this thing to work on my windows 7/64 system. I can plug the gt in on my win/xp box and it scans and finds the over the air channels no problem. I plug it into my win7 box and it can't find anything. I know I must have something installed incorrectly but I can't figure out what. One thing I noticed is that on in the options settings on the driver tab there isn't anything listed to select. I think it is supposed to give you the option of ntsc or pal, but it is a blank drop down menu which is what makes me believe I installed something incorrectly. If there is anyone out there who could give me some type of guidance I would really appreciate it.

rich_lee
post #2888 of 2963 Old 06-09-2010, 11:41 AM

As far as I know, the drivers and program only work under 32bit. I don't think anyone has been able to get them to work under 64bit.

Probably one of the reasons Autumwave chose to go under. - this field changes SOOOOOOO rapidly, you can't make money in it.

Kris
post #2889 of 2963 Old 06-10-2010, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi1 View Post

As far as I know, the drivers and program only work under 32bit. I don't think anyone has been able to get them to work under 64bit.

Probably one of the reasons Autumwave chose to go under. - this field changes SOOOOOOO rapidly, you can't make money in it.

Thanks for the response. I guess it's time to invest in a newer, compatible device.

rich_lee
post #2890 of 2963 Old 06-10-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_lee View Post

Thanks for the response. I guess it's time to invest in a newer, compatible device.

rich_lee

If you find one, that you like, please let us know!!!

Kris
post #2891 of 2963 Old 06-11-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_lee View Post

rich_lee

I haven't used it in a while, but I'm pretty sure I have my OnAir GT working properly in Windows 7 64-bit. I zipped up just the driver installation files if you want to give it a try to see if that works.

http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B71C...YmUzOGY3&hl=en
post #2892 of 2963 Old 06-30-2010, 02:17 AM

a question for anyone still looking in:

The OnAir comes with the Silver version of Nvidia's PureVideo...

Can this be used if I change to a Radeon video card?

Thanks!!!

Kris
post #2893 of 2963 Old 06-30-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi1 View Post

I have had no problems with my OnAir Creator with windows 7 64 bit with either the 3203 or Beta 3204 drivers and program. Did you install as "Administrator"? It doesn't really make a difference anymore for me since the Gods at Comcast scrambled 90% of the QAM channels. I still can get the locals (by Law), but anything else and Comcast wants even more more money for additional Cable boxes. The first alternative solution I can find that I like and Comcast is history.
post #2894 of 2963 Old 06-30-2010, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpete View Post

The first alternative solution I can find that I like and Comcast is history.

At the moment I am using it for OTA as I like that selection of channels a bit better than Comcast basic.

Kris
post #2895 of 2963 Old 07-01-2010, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
After many years of faithful service, my OnAir Creator recently started randomly going offline and back online again. It was easy to tell because the windows USB driver kept playing the online/offline device sounds. Also, my latest recording seemed to have lots of stuttering.

Investigation showed that wiggling the cord from the power supply to the unit would aggravate the situation. So I decided to check that out. Then I noticed that the end the plugged into the Creator was quite warm. Using an Xacto knife, I slit open the plastic cover/strain relief on the plug and discovered that poor construction at the plug routed the positive and negative wires close together and over time they were now starting to touch, causing a short. I separated the wires and insulated them with a piece of electricial tape, slipped the strain relief back over the plug and wrapped the whole thing in some more electrical tape. Now it is working like a champ again.

So if you have a similar problem, check out the power supply cord for poor construction or shorts.

Greg
post #2896 of 2963 Old 07-08-2010, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

It's been some time since I've posted. I was sad to see that the AutumnWave website has closed shortly after I departed. (I don't know any more info than you guys do, though.)

I'll answer a few questions I noticed:
Yes, the Driver/Program should work fine on 64-bit versions of Windows.

Kristi1, you can definitely use the 'nVidia PureVideo Decoder' with any video card. It works great with ATI Radeon video cards.

Hang in there guys! AutumnWave may no longer be there for support, but I am still here in any way that I can.

- rp
post #2897 of 2963 Old 07-08-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpertusio View Post

It's been some time since I've posted. I was sad to see that the AutumnWave website has closed shortly after I departed. (I don't know any more info than you guys do, though.)

I'll answer a few questions I noticed:
Yes, the Driver/Program should work fine on 64-bit versions of Windows.

Kristi1, you can definitely use the 'nVidia PureVideo Decoder' with any video card. It works great with ATI Radeon video cards.

Hang in there guys! AutumnWave may no longer be there for support, but I am still here in any way that I can.

- rp

Thanks Ryan!!!!!

Kris
post #2898 of 2963 Old 07-29-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:

I have stored files as indexed in the attachment if they will be of any help.

Is there any way I could get the OnAir GT 3.20P3 driver from you?

Mike
post #2899 of 2963 Old 07-29-2010, 02:21 PM

Helpful note - I had long noticed that for me (Comcast Cambridge) the OnAirGT would occasionally say that most channels had No Signal, and require me to unplug the USB for 30 seconds, and then it would be okay.

I noticed, however, that it did not do this when I watched only OTA for a couple of weeks.

So I plugged a 3db attenuator (aka splitter) in the line and that seems to have fixed it. Just a thought!

Kris
post #2900 of 2963 Old 07-29-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael F View Post

Is there any way I could get the OnAir GT 3.20P3 driver from you?

Mike

See private message........

---- Dan in Saint Louis
post #2901 of 2963 Old 07-29-2010, 03:20 PM

repeat:

they're at http://autumnwave.com/index1.html

Kris
post #2902 of 2963 Old 09-09-2010, 10:53 PM

I don't know if anyone is still monitoring this thread, but I am trying to get my OnAir GT working with my new windows 7 64-bit computer and Orb to stream TV to my phone. The tuner works fine on the computer, with the OnAir player and with Windows media center, but I can't get it to work with Orb. Orb recognizes it and installs it, and will even sometimes record from it, but it won't play any TV channels from the web player or on the phone.

I guess I need to buy another USB tuner, but am not sure what to buy. Does anyone have any recommendations? I want to stream OTA digital channels (ATSC I think?) and regular channels (2-99) from a digital cable connection (not thru a box). I don't know if that would be analog or digital, I guess it's analog.
post #2903 of 2963 Old 09-13-2010, 11:03 AM
ebo
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
kayst:
Not much activity here since AutumnWave and OnAir closed up shop. Some diehards probably check occasionally as I do. But you might have better luck on the Orb forums. I know nothing about Orb but gave their pages a quick look and found the OnAir GT discussed here. Note the last posting, by gumby42. It sounds like he had it working until he moved the GT to a system running Win7/64 and installed the beta driver, which may be required for that OS. I know the beta lacks some features found in earlier versions, such as the ability to work with TSReader. Maybe it also breaks compatibility with Orb.

On the Orb site, under Known Issues, I found this:
Quote:

QAM digital TV channels not supported - QAM tuners are not supported in orb at this time and, therefore, digital cable channels and QAM-based HD programming cannot be streamed in Orb without going though a set-top box.

So it won't work with digital channels from cable, just from antenna.

I think your best bet is to set up a 32-bit computer running WinXP as your streaming source. But I'm just guessing. Ryan Pertusio might have more insight if he still follows this thread. Or you could PM him (rpertusio). He's certainly the most knowledgeable here about the GT's capabilities, limitations and compatibilities.
post #2904 of 2963 Old 09-13-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebo View Post

kayst:
Not much activity here since AutumnWave and OnAir closed up shop. Some diehards probably check occasionally as I do. But you might have better luck on the Orb forums. I know nothing about Orb but gave their pages a quick look and found the OnAir GT discussed here. Note the last posting, by gumby42. It sounds like he had it working until he moved the GT to a system running Win7/64 and installed the beta driver, which may be required for that OS. I know the beta lacks some features found in earlier versions, such as the ability to work with TSReader. Maybe it also breaks compatibility with Orb.

On the Orb site, under Known Issues, I found this:

So it won't work with digital channels from cable, just from antenna.

I think your best bet is to set up a 32-bit computer running WinXP as your streaming source. But I'm just guessing. Ryan Pertusio might have more insight if he still follows this thread. Or you could PM him (rpertusio). He's certainly the most knowledgeable here about the GT's capabilities, limitations and compatibilities.

Thanks for all your research. I just gave up on Orb and went ahead and got a slingbox. That way I can just leave it running and not have to set up my computer/tuner/orb when I want to use it. I was just trying to cheap-out and go with what I had, but this is a better solution.
post #2905 of 2963 Old 11-25-2010, 08:14 AM

Since all the warehouses are empty of OnAir GTs, what is everyone's favorite substitute for new installations?

---- Dan in Saint Louis
post #2906 of 2963 Old 11-25-2010, 08:46 AM
AVS Club Gold

I tried an Avermedia Duet and the OnAir GT beats it for reception.

"The purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis." Spock, Mark of Gideon, TOS
post #2907 of 2963 Old 11-26-2010, 06:02 AM

Quote:

Since all the warehouses are empty of OnAir GTs, what is everyone's favorite substitute for new installations?

For non cable card use I use the HDHomeRun 2 tuner box... and of course for cable card use the CETON card is the one to own at this time.
post #2908 of 2963 Old 11-29-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44aussie44 View Post

For non cable card use I use the HDHomeRun 2 tuner box

Alas, the required wall wart limits its mobile usefulness. Aside from that how is the sensitivity?

---- Dan in Saint Louis
post #2909 of 2963 Old 12-11-2010, 10:29 AM

Could someone refresh my memory? I just built a Windows 7 machine and have inadequate experience setting it up. My OnAirGT seems to function OK after installing only "Win7OnAirGT_Setup_3204Beta.exe" but the picture can get a little choppy sometimes. Do I need any other modules, such as NVIDIA "1.02-223_purevideo_decoder_oem.exe"?

Win7, ASUS mother board, AMD Athlon CPU, Radeon HD5450 video. Thanks!

---- Dan in Saint Louis
post #2910 of 2963 Old 01-01-2011, 08:34 PM

I believe you need to load the Nvidia drivers off of the install disk.
do you still have the win7 32 bit drivers?, I was able to locate win7 64bit but not the 32bit, or xp dirivers.
would like to get use out of the GT and can't find the 3.2 p3 drivers now that autumnware is gone.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page