AutumnWave / OnAir USB HDTV Tuners - Page 99 - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Which OnAir tuner do you own?
OnAir GT 196 49.37%
OnAir Creator 37 9.32%
Don't own one yet 164 41.31%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 397. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #2941 of 2958 Old 11-28-2012, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 118
I stand corrected. I was thinking it at the time but my hands typed something different.wink.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2942 of 2958 Old 11-30-2012, 06:43 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_video View Post

I was thinking it at the time but my hands typed something different.wink.gif
If I had a nickle for every time my fingers don't obey my brain.......

I'm still hoping to find a good multipurpose video input device: Digital TV, Analog TV, Baseband video (S-VHS and/or RCA plugs); all with recording scheduler.

---- Dan in Saint Louis
post #2943 of 2958 Old 01-28-2013, 07:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by talon95 View Post

It works in Win8-x32. I have the software installed on my laptop. I haven't converted my HTPC to Win8 yet, so can't say for sure in regards to x64. My guess is that it works.

I've had good luck with this tuner. I'm sure there may be newer hardware that is better, but it has served me quite well.

What version program did you install and what driver to get it to work in win 8? The only thing I got to install was ver 3.2.0.4. It installs, but the channel manager is greyed out so I can't scan for channels. It will only start in File source and will not allow to go to Digital TV source.

Anyone have any ideas? Anyone else have any luck making Onair GT tuner work in Win 8?
post #2944 of 2958 Old 01-29-2013, 06:47 AM

04If you install the driver and program (3204_Beta) using this method:
http://tivadj-tech.blogspot.in/2012/09/certificate-check-error-when-installing.html
it will work. I have my Windows 8 media center working just fine with the autumn wave tuner.

Here is some of my Stuff: Media Center Pc
post #2945 of 2958 Old 01-29-2013, 07:48 PM

I've got Windows 8 64bit installed with the 3.2.0.4 driver installed, but Windows Media Player only seems to want to set up the analog cable no option for QAM channels (which are available). It's like Windows Media Center only sees the analog tuner?

Anyone else run across this?

Thanks!
post #2946 of 2958 Old 01-30-2013, 08:05 AM

QAM channels work fine for me in windows 8 x64 media center using the autumn wave tuner. Have you tried the native on air GT program .. and set the tuner to scan for Digital Channels?

post #2947 of 2958 Old 01-30-2013, 03:07 PM

When I run the native program everything works great, I have both analog and digital QAM channels. The screenshot shows the picture as all black, but there is actually real TV going on there.

After exiting the native program, I bring up Windows Media Center (which I have never used before unfortunately and don't know very well) and do a channel scan it doesn't find any channels I get the following screen:

So I try to set things up manually and it asks me to select my Analog Cable provider (even though my provider in the list shows digital)

I also tried to go thru the Add Missing Channels menu. I've seen other people's screenshots that have a "Add QAM Channel" option, but mine looks like this:

which leads to Media Center trying to add Digital OTA channels:

So I don't know if I have something wrong where Media Center doesn't think I have a digital/QAM tuner, or I just don't know how to use Media Center.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
post #2948 of 2958 Old 04-16-2014, 02:01 AM

(delete)

post #2949 of 2958 Old 04-16-2014, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis View Post

Ryan, thank you for your reply. It turned out that the driver "setup" program only extracted the drivers to the OnAirSolution folder, but did not actually "install" them. I directed the Device Manager driver install window to the folder where they were extracted, and now it works.

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I have no idea if you still follow this tread, but I have to try...Can I ask how you did this? I tried downloading the drivers from your landiss site and when I go through the installation process, my computers says that the drivers have installed, but when I check the device manager it's still under "Other Devices" and when I try updating the driver from there, I get an error message saying that it cannot find the driver. Mind giving me a play by play? Thanks!

post #2950 of 2958 Old 04-16-2014, 07:26 AM

X, I wish I could remember the exact sequence I finally got to work -- because I may have to use it again on a new computer! I can tell you this:

In the folder "C:\OnAirSolution\USBHDTV-GT\Drivers" there are files shown in the first clip below. If you are using Windows 7 be sure that you are using the driver set having the same file dates. (Click the image to enlarge.)

In "C:\Program File\OnAirGT USB HDTV" there are the files shown in screen clip #2, below.

The drivers listed in the Device Manager will be seen in clips #3 and #4 -- Device Manager won't let me resize that window so it took two clips to get them all in.

"Cannot find the driver" usually means you have to direct Device Manager to the folder where they are stored -- Clip #1 in this case.

Hope this helps -- I will search my old notes and see if I come up with any more.

---- Dan in Saint Louis
post #2951 of 2958 Old 04-16-2014, 07:33 AM

post #2952 of 2958 Old 04-16-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis View Post

X, I wish I could remember the exact sequence I finally got to work -- because I may have to use it again on a new computer! I can tell you this:

In the folder "C:\OnAirSolution\USBHDTV-GT\Drivers" there are files shown in the first clip below. If you are using Windows 7 be sure that you are using the driver set having the same file dates. (Click the image to enlarge.)

In "C:\Program File\OnAirGT USB HDTV" there are the files shown in screen clip #2, below.

The drivers listed in the Device Manager will be seen in clips #3 and #4 -- Device Manager won't let me resize that window so it took two clips to get them all in.

"Cannot find the driver" usually means you have to direct Device Manager to the folder where they are stored -- Clip #1 in this case.

Hope this helps -- I will search my old notes and see if I come up with any more.

Wow, that was fast. Thank you! :)

That's exactly what I did, but after I direct the Device Manager into installing the drivers from the folder, it comes back with "The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering."

Which to me basically means...fail. No worries. Probably a sign that I should stop being so stubborn in trying to use an at least 4 year old device on a newer one. Anyway I will find other methods to accomplishing my task. Thanks again for all your help!! :)

post #2953 of 2958 Old 04-16-2014, 12:31 PM

One possibility is a corrupted download. You could try erasing everything and grabbing fresh copies from my Web site. Be sure you are using "Run as administrator." In Win7 this is NOT just an account with admin privileges -- actually it is misnamed and should say "Run with elevated privileges," which is actually HIGHER than Administrator!

32-bit or 64-bit Windows?

---- Dan in Saint Louis
post #2954 of 2958 Old 04-16-2014, 01:10 PM

There's a "higher than administrator" level?!? I'm the only user on this computer so I'm pretty sure I'm at the highest level unless I missed something, which clearly I must have if there is an "elevated privilege" level. I've never even heard of that. When I go to my user profile it does say I am the adminstrator. And I'm running on 64-bit. I read some of the pages on this forum and I know that there had been issues running on 64 so I'm not surprised that it didn't work. I wasn't able to read through the ENTIRE 99 pages of the forum if there is a solution I'm sorry for being redundant. I'm not expecting miracles when the last post before mine was back in the beginning of 2013. But no worries--I'll keep trying.

post #2955 of 2958 Old 04-16-2014, 06:05 PM

The really useful posts for your current situation start about here:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/695589/autumnwave-onair-usb-hdtv-tuners/2880#post_18615110

Some users could not get it to work on Win7/64, others said it was just fine. As I recall, if you go back even farther there are some tips about what order to install things in.

Yes, there is a level higher than Administrator. Microsoft stupidly chose to call it "With administrative privileges" but it can do things that the "Administrator" account cannot. See:

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/48746-administrator-privileges.html

---- Dan in Saint Louis
post #2956 of 2958 Old 04-23-2014, 02:43 PM

to get everything to install in windows 8 you need to turn off driver checking.  do a search and you will find the correct procedure to turn off driver signing.  it is similar to how you go to safe mode in windows 8 but when you turn off the driver signing I believe it only stays that way until you reboot again.

post #2957 of 2958 Old 05-02-2014, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Does anyone have links for the last/most recent stable drivers and software for the USB HDTV Creator?
I cannot find the software anywhere and have a new unit coming from ebay.
I am really interested in the DVHS capability built into the viewer/recording application.
post #2958 of 2958 Old 06-30-2014, 09:09 AM

I'm selling my OnAir GT

I have not used it since I upgraded to Windows 8. I have the complete package with the original box and all of the accessories and software that came with it. PM me for details if interested.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page