Audio Processing in Vista Explained - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 971 Old 04-15-2007, 07:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, I emailed Realtek about being able to output to both Speakers and Digital out at the same time and here is the response I got:

Quote:

Hi,

I'm sorry . The Vista did not support "speaker" and "digital" output at the same time . This is Vista definition .

Best Regards
PC-Tech

What I don't get though is if I have say, digital out selected and I am playing music through that, I can go into sound properties and run the Windows 5.1 audio test through my speakers at the same time. So it is physically possible to have audio coming out of both at the same time. Hopefully someone will figure out a work-around soon....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 971 Old 04-17-2007, 09:52 AM

Here's how to add the Enhancements tab to your sound card.

Requirements: Your sound card must have Vista drivers and use the Vista in-box class driver. To check if your sound card uses the Vista class driver, go to device manager and open up the properties of your sound card. Go to the drivers tab and click on Driver Details. The driver files list should include portcls.sys.

Some vista sound card vendors haven't written APOs (Audio Processing Objects) for Vista yet. You can use the instructions below to hack your sound card to use the APOs for the Microsoft High Definition Audio Device driver. Once you have the APOs defined and your card's driver uses the in-box class driver, you should be able to use the enhancements tab with your soundcard. I did this on my X-Meridian 7.1 sound card, but it should work for other sound cards.

For the X-Meridian 7.1 card, use the C-Media control panel app to set the input and output to 8 (7.1) channels. Disable digital output. Set the output to 48kHz, or whatever rate you want. You will then need to manually sync up the rate that you set here to the Advanced tab on the properties of the speaker output for you card.

1) Start cmd.exe as an administrator and execute these instructions:
\tcd %windir%\\system32
\tregsvr32 WMALFXGFXDSP.DLL
\tRegedit

2) With the registry editor, browse to this regkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVer sion\\MMDevices\\Audio\\Render

3) Look at each \\{GUID}\\Properties regkey for string values that describe the speaker output for your sound card. For the X-Meridian it should have strings like "Auzen X-Meridian 7.1" and "Speaker". Don't use the digital outputs as the beta drivers only work for the analog connections.

4) Right-click on the {GUID} regkey and select rename. This will highlight the entire GUID string. Hit Ctrl-C to copy the string to your clipboard buffer. Hit Escape to cancel the rename operation.

5) Save the attached file as .reg. Right-click on VistaAudioEnhancements.reg and select edit. Paste your card's GUID over the one in the reg file. You will be replacing the part in the quotes. This will add the FxProperties regkey and values to your card.
..MMDevices\\Audio\\Render\\"{c9e0d6e5-1682-41fd-82d3-d071b37d9075}"\\FxProperties]

6) With the registry editor, right-click on your card's GUID regkey and select permissions. Click the advanced button and go to the Owner tab. Highlight the Administrators group and click Apply. This will change the owner of this regkey to the administrators group. Click OK. On the permissions dialog box, highlight the administrators group and check Allow for Full Control. Click Apply, then OK. This will allow you to add the VistaAudioEnhancements.reg file to your card's GUID regkey. Double-click the reg file to add the FxProperties regkey to your card's GUID regkey.

7) Restart. You should now have the Enhancements tab on the properties dialog box for the speaker output for your card.

VistaAudioEnhancements.reg.txt 4.849609375k . file
post #633 of 971 Old 04-17-2007, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
I assume the attachment is on the way....

John

My Company - Upsilon Software
Free Projects - DScaler & hcfr fork
post #634 of 971 Old 04-17-2007, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAd View Post

I assume the attachment is on the way....

John

Sorry, the site timed out on me. It is attached now.
post #635 of 971 Old 04-17-2007, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Thanks

John

My Company - Upsilon Software
Free Projects - DScaler & hcfr fork
post #636 of 971 Old 04-17-2007, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenpenguin View Post

What I don't get though is if I have say, digital out selected and I am playing music through that, I can go into sound properties and run the Windows 5.1 audio test through my speakers at the same time. So it is physically possible to have audio coming out of both at the same time. Hopefully someone will figure out a work-around soon....

I can verify that when playing MP thru SPDIF, I can run the test for supported formats and it will come thru while playing just fine.
If I select DTS test, it will stop the playback of MP which was interesting.
I might just hook up analog to see how things work that way but I still do not understand why 'Speakers' in the playback devices do not seem to be adjusting anything for my 'SPDIF' default.
Seems like Digital is not being touched by Vista on my system.

My HT

In the words of English philosopher Edmund Burke, ÂAll that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.Â
post #637 of 971 Old 04-17-2007, 06:18 PM
<><
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
BlackMagic,
whenever I type regsvr32 WMALFXGFXDSP.DLL in cmd.exe it says The module failed to load etc etc...the specified module could not be found.

what's the reason for that? i'm logged in as admin and in the system32 directory

hmm...that dll file is located in
C:\\Windows\\System32\\DriverStore\\FileRepository\\wdmaudio .inf_1493ef6e\\ for me

ok well tried it, didn't work for me...i see the new FxProperties folder under my guiid, but i don't see the new tab under speaker properties
post #638 of 971 Old 04-18-2007, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by <><</strong> View Post

BlackMagic,
whenever I type regsvr32 WMALFXGFXDSP.DLL in cmd.exe it says The module failed to load etc etc...the specified module could not be found.

what's the reason for that? i'm logged in as admin and in the system32 directory

hmm...that dll file is located in
C:\\Windows\\System32\\DriverStore\\FileRepository\\wdmaudio .inf_1493ef6e\\ for me

ok well tried it, didn't work for me...i see the new FxProperties folder under my guiid, but i don't see the new tab under speaker properties

Hmm, looks like that file didn't install on your system. Force a driver update on your soundcard:

1) In Device Manager, right-click on your sound card and choose Update Driver Software.
2) Select "Browse my computer for driver software", then "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
3) Uncheck "show compatible hardware" and install the Microsoft - High Definition Audio Device.

This will replace your sound card driver with the in-box Microsoft HD driver. Once updated this driver won't work, but it should install WMALFXGFXDSP.DLL. You can then uninstall the Microsoft driver (don't select delete driver software) and re-install your sound card driver. You'll have to modify the regfile again because the GUID of your sound card will change.

If WMALFXGFXDSP.DLL is properly registered, you'll have several regvalues in these keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Classes\\AudioEngine\\AudioPro cessingObjects\\{62DC1A93-AE24-464C-A43E-452F824C4250}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Classes\\AudioEngine\\AudioPro cessingObjects\\{637C490D-EEE3-4C0A-973F-371958802DA2}

The regfile that I supplied tells the audio engine to use the Microsoft APOs. If the APOs aren't properly registered, the enhancement tabs won't be available to you.

You shouldn't be limited to just using the Microsoft APOs. You could download other drivers (for example from Realtek's site - ftp://209.216.61.149/pc/audio/Vista_R165.zip), unzip the driver package and register and *APO*.dll files. Look for the registration GUID under this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Classes\\AudioEngine\\AudioPro cessingObjects\\
Note the GUID numbers for the LFX and the GFX. In the regfile that I provided, replace these values:

"{d04e05a6-594b-4fb6-a80d-01af5eed7d1d},1"="{62DC1A93-AE24-464C-A43E-452F824C4250}" - Replace this GUID with another LFX GUID

"{d04e05a6-594b-4fb6-a80d-01af5eed7d1d},2"="{637C490D-EEE3-4C0A-973F-371958802DA2}" - Replace this GUID with another GFX GUID

In my earlier steps, I just used the Microsoft supplied APO, but you could use other APOs. Experiment to see which one you like best (in terms of CPU usage and compatibility). This hack should help us to get by until the 3rd party Vista audio drivers mature.
post #639 of 971 Old 04-18-2007, 01:10 PM

Anyone had luck with speaker measurement with embedded realtek sound cards sofar?
post #640 of 971 Old 04-23-2007, 01:46 AM

What is the higher intelligence behind this :

My soundcard can output in all samplerates it is fed with. Think of 32K, 44K1, 48K, 88K2, 96K, 176K400, 192K.

1. In my soundcard's properties I can check which of these my soundcard supports, but the list to choose from is comprised of what it supports ...

2. In shared mode anyway, above does exactly nothing (well, not that I can find), because in the Advanced tab there's a combo where I can choose from 32K, 44K1, 48K, 96K, 192K. NOT the even multiples of 44K1.
This just implies that there is *NO* possibility to output in 88K2 or 176K400.

3. The settings via before mentioned combo are persistent / strict. I know, the question in this screen is "set the samplerate you want this device to output in shared mode", but have it at 44K1 and I can't output in e.g. 48K and have it at 96 can't output in 44K1.

Is all this MS' means of avoiding tne implicit works of KMixer ? I mean, now I am to blame for it myself ? or what ...

People might not have noticed, but audio in Vista now is always resampled. If I want the best for my CD's the DVDs will be downsampled to 44K1, and if I want the best for DVDs, my CDs will be upsampled to 48K.
If my own software upsamples to 88K2, I'd better not done that, because Vistra again resamples to 96K. Or whatever the device is set to.

Have you gone banana's ? or am I just too blind to find the proper ways.

Remember, shared mode (which is what everybody uses). Exclusive mode is ok.

Peter
post #641 of 971 Old 04-25-2007, 04:04 AM

Hi guys. Hopefully Amir ( amirm ) is still monitoring this thread as he's the one most likely to be able to answer my questions.

I am developing a high-end DAC and intend to use a USB connection to the PC. Because I have to write a driver, I need to be clear on something: in XP, unless ASIO is used, the stream will not be passed to the USB bit-perfect due to kmixer? Even if volume is set to 0 dB and any equalizer or other effects turned off? Secondly, where do I find information about developing a driver for Vista?

I am a software developer by trade, but I'm not familiar with writing drivers on Windows.

I have this concern, for either XP or Vista. What determines the streaming rate, the actual realtime speed. Is it determined from the sound hardware clock, or software-derived from the CPU? In some Linux audio drivers, I've seen it implemented as the driver virtualizing a buffer on the card as a circular FIFO to which the application software then writes. Thus, the card reads its buffer at its own rate and determines the timing. Is this similar to how it works on Windows, or does the software force some timing derived from CPU, and then the driver/card must asynchronously resample to its own rate? In my case I will also have a buffer onboard the DAC, because using synchronous transfer over USB is very poor in terms of jitter.
post #642 of 971 Old 04-25-2007, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixie View Post

Hi guys. Hopefully Amir ( amirm ) is still monitoring this thread as he's the one most likely to be able to answer my questions.

I am not actively monitoring but do read the posts from time to time . I asked the team to follow up with you.

Amir
Founder, Madrona Digital
"Insist on Quality Engineering"

post #643 of 971 Old 04-25-2007, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:

I am developing a high-end DAC and intend to use a USB connection to the PC. Because I have to write a driver, I need to be clear on something: in XP, unless ASIO is used, the stream will not be passed to the USB bit-perfect due to kmixer? Even if volume is set to 0 dB and any equalizer or other effects turned off? Secondly, where do I find information about developing a driver for Vista?

I am a software developer by trade, but I'm not familiar with writing drivers on Windows.

I have this concern, for either XP or Vista. What determines the streaming rate, the actual realtime speed. Is it determined from the sound hardware clock, or software-derived from the CPU? In some Linux audio drivers, I've seen it implemented as the driver virtualizing a buffer on the card as a circular FIFO to which the application software then writes. Thus, the card reads its buffer at its own rate and determines the timing. Is this similar to how it works on Windows, or does the software force some timing derived from CPU, and then the driver/card must asynchronously resample to its own rate? In my case I will also have a buffer onboard the DAC, because using synchronous transfer over USB is very poor in terms of jitter.

I'll try to get somebody from the WAVE team to respond. I think that there is a white paper out there already, I'll try to locate it, at least.

James D. (jj) Johnston
post #644 of 971 Old 04-25-2007, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSt View Post

My soundcard can output in all samplerates it is fed with. Think of 32K, 44K1, 48K, 88K2, 96K, 176K400, 192K.

1. In my soundcard's properties I can check which of these my soundcard supports, but the list to choose from is comprised of what it supports ...

Peter

The above is likely because a downstream device may not be able to accept all the sample rates that your sound card is capable of.
post #645 of 971 Old 04-26-2007, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj_0001 View Post

I'll try to get somebody from the WAVE team to respond. I think that there is a white paper out there already, I'll try to locate it, at least.

What's WAVE team? Is this the same as the team amirm mentioned?
post #646 of 971 Old 04-26-2007, 05:16 AM

Quote:

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcorbo View Post

The above is likely because a downstream device may not be able to accept all the sample rates that your sound card is capable of.

True. But whatever I check/uncheck in there, it does nothing to the list in the Advanced tab, and whatever I choose *there* is counting.

Furthermore, behind the soundcard can be many downstream devices (in my case anyway), so that can't be it from that angel either.

With the proper software this all can be determined up to the chosen end point device (e.g. being an external DAC). In exclusive mode this works properly. In shared mode this properties screen is in the way.

I guess the WAVE team messed up here and the tail might not know what the head is doing.

If I output 88K2 to a DAC which is capable of that, there is no way (shared mode) that Vista doesn't destroy things by resampling.
I strongly get the feeling that the weaver team got the assignment of getting resampling to work to and forth such and so rates, whithout ever examining which commonly used samplerates exist.

For that matter, by now, I'd even go as far as that not just the dithering is "On" by standard, but that Resampling is On by standard (and therewith the dithering). Yes, I mean from e.g. 44K1 to 44K1 ! (no typo here)

Peter
post #647 of 971 Old 04-26-2007, 07:52 AM
Advanced Member

I don't remember where I read that, but I think you are right peter, resampling is always on ...

sorry for my poor english but I'm french !!!!
post #648 of 971 Old 04-26-2007, 11:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

It's the team that may have a white paper or such on the subject.

Amir asked me to try to dig you up an answer, and so I am.

James D. (jj) Johnston
post #649 of 971 Old 04-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Nixie, please check you're PM's here at AVSforum. I believe I've gotten you a contact who can get you some information.

James D. (jj) Johnston
post #650 of 971 Old 04-26-2007, 02:00 PM

There are motherboards and sound cards that support dolby digital live and dts connect, but what about real-time lossless WMAPro support? Is dedicated hardware required for this or can a crafty coder plug into the audio stack and implement it in software so that 7.1 channel lossless can travel using typical SPDIF?

Audio Driver Support for the WMA Pro-over-S/PDIF Format
post #651 of 971 Old 04-30-2007, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Everyone,
There is very good info in this thread but I am struggling with a related issue:-

All I want is s/pdif passthrough.

Somehow I cant have Vista do it. It just converts everything to PCM 2- channel.

Is there somemone who can help me walkthrough this please?

My setup:
Intel DG965WH motherboard with onboard HD-audio. (Has an optical s/pdif port)
Vista Ultimate

I have also tried installing an Audigy 2Z but that does not output anything though it's digital port.

-Rajiv
post #652 of 971 Old 04-30-2007, 06:27 AM

If you're trying with an Audigy, take a look at the kx project drivers.
post #653 of 971 Old 04-30-2007, 06:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdude View Post

Everyone,
There is very good info in this thread but I am struggling with a related issue:-

All I want is s/pdif passthrough.

Somehow I cant have Vista do it. It just converts everything to PCM 2- channel.

Is there somemone who can help me walkthrough this please?

My setup:
Intel DG965WH motherboard with onboard HD-audio. (Has an optical s/pdif port)
Vista Ultimate

I have also tried installing an Audigy 2Z but that does not output anything though it's digital port.

I'm running an Aud2 on Ultimate OEM and have no issues using pass through to my KW VR-615 I get 5.1 digital playing HD DVD and SD DVD.

Uninstall the the on board codecs go in bios and turn off onboard sound, and run your Aud card again. After you load the drivers go to your task bar right click on the volume control and open volume mixer under "Device"set it to SPDIF. In Vista check the settings again just to make sure. It should work because I'm using a cheap HTIB receiver and itb detects the Aud 2 signal just fine.

Regards, nimo/smurfer
post #654 of 971 Old 04-30-2007, 07:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the post and please bear with me while I ask these Qs:

1. Are you 100% sure you are getting AC-3 (DD) and DTS?

2. Do the lights on your reciever for (DD/DTS) light up while playing a DVD?

3. Do they also light up while playing a CD?

4. Have you connected the reciever to the soundcard's port labeled - "digital out"

5. is this cable a mono plug to a RCA or a Stereo plug to 2-RCAs (I ask this because this port seems to be totally dead on my card)

I ask all these because I suspect that your reciever may be saying that it is getting a Dolby Digital input (which is true!) but the million dollar question is :
is it getting a 2 channel DD which it is processing into a 5.1 ch output or is it REALLY getting 5.1 DD and DTS????

My processor (Anthem AVM-20) has a status button which tells me exactly what I am getting (2CH Dolby Digital in 48khz, it also tells me a kbps whose number I forget)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimo View Post

I'm running an Aud2 on Ultimate OEM and have no issues using pass through to my KW VR-615 I get 5.1 digital playing HD DVD and SD DVD.

Uninstall the the on board codecs go in bios and turn off onboard sound, and run your Aud card again. After you load the drivers go to your task bar right click on the volume control and open volume mixer under "Device"set it to SPDIF. In Vista check the settings again just to make sure. It should work because I'm using a cheap HTIB receiver and itb detects the Aud 2 signal just fine.

Regards, nimo/smurfer

-Rajiv
post #655 of 971 Old 04-30-2007, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Actually I am more interested in getting the on-board working properly.
The Audigy is a "borrowed" card

Quote:

If you're trying with an Audigy, take a look at the kx project drivers.

-Rajiv
post #656 of 971 Old 05-04-2007, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdude View Post

Thanks for the post and please bear with me while I ask these Qs:

Quote:
1. Are you 100% sure you are getting AC-3 (DD) and DTS?

A: Yes

Quote:
2. Do the lights on your reciever for (DD/DTS) light up while playing a DVD?

A: When playing DD it will tell me if it's 48 KHz 2 ch or 5.1 when in true DD LFE will kick in, 2 Ch mode no LFE. When playing DTS my light will say just that and when in this mode there are no adjustments to night on/off it's only in DD 5.1. And there is a big difference in sound Q from DD to DTS. When playing HD DVD content it also handles True HD pretty well, when in this mode my system will read Pro Logic which again is showing the right signal as analog I thought DTS was the cats meow until I heard True HD, kbps is just amazing.

A: I can tell you this when playing my Led Zepp DVD I can choose DD 5.1 or DTS either case the lights will display the proper signal you choose. With the creative Audio Console I can choose from 48 KHz to 96 KHz my receiver will also show 96 KHz but only in 2 ch mode which is the way I prefer my music.

Quote:
4. Have you connected the reciever to the soundcard's port labeled - "digital out"

Quote:
5. is this cable a mono plug to a RCA or a Stereo plug to 2-RCAs (I ask this because this port seems to be totally dead on my card)

A: Yes I have a digital mini plug to coax cable using digital out on my Audigy 2 card.

Quote:
I ask all these because I suspect that your reciever may be saying that it is getting a Dolby Digital input (which is true!) but the million dollar question is :
is it getting a 2 channel DD which it is processing into a 5.1 ch output or is it REALLY getting 5.1 DD and DTS????

A: My receiver can't process a 2 ch digital signal to 5.1 it's either or... but it will process analog 2 ch to Pro Logic 5.1.

Quote:
My processor (Anthem AVM-20) has a status button which tells me exactly what I am getting (2CH Dolby Digital in 48khz, it also tells me a kbps whose number I forget)

A: Same here except for the kbps, it's a cheapo unit but it's lasted me a while now.

Regards, nimo/smurfer
post #657 of 971 Old 05-05-2007, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimo View Post

A: I can tell you this when playing my Led Zepp DVD I can choose DD 5.1 or DTS either case the lights will display the proper signal you choose. With the creative Audio Console I can choose from 48 KHz to 96 KHz my receiver will also show 96 KHz but only in 2 ch mode which is the way I prefer my music.

Regards, nimo/smurfer

DTS-CDs are 44.1khz, while DTS on DVDs are 48khz. That's why DTS on DVDs work, but DTS-CDs don't. Even when selecting 44.1khz, I can't get a DTS-CD to work.

Currently testing 3D with Sammy DLP, shutter glasses, and HTPC
post #658 of 971 Old 05-05-2007, 09:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 26
i think you have to manually pick whatever rate you want. 44 for CD, 48 for most movies, etc.

however, i have found to my dismay that under vista and with my XFi extreme music card none of the 44khz multiples have any affect, they seem to be forced resample to 48kHz or 96kHz. my receiver ONYL shows multiples of 48Khz no matter what multiple of 44kHz I set in any audio tabs that I can seem to find. under XP if i set 44 i got 44, if it set 88 i got 88 is i set 96 i got 96, etc.
not sure if this is a vista bug, vista 'feature' or a creative driver or control panel bug.

in fact, now that I have HiDef TV working (well fusion lite never worked, even with latest hotfix, drivers, etc. still a choppy mess, but HVR-1600 does work, even if only under media center and even if I had to manually enter channels myself since the assignment for NBC was off, it had it mapped 17->17!! i should add i found another site where many have been complaing for up to a year that the MS guide has mangled many channel settings and is not getting fixed.) and HD DVD, Blu-Ray, SD DVD going fine the only multimedia stumbling block is this 44kHz multiple and resampling audio mess.

Quote:

2. In shared mode anyway, above does exactly nothing (well, not that I can find), because in the Advanced tab there's a combo where I can choose from 32K, 44K1, 48K, 96K, 192K. NOT the even multiples of 44K1.
This just implies that there is *NO* possibility to output in 88K2 or 176K400.

3. The settings via before mentioned combo are persistent / strict. I know, the question in this screen is "set the samplerate you want this device to output in shared mode", but have it at 44K1 and I can't output in e.g. 48K and have it at 96 can't output in 44K1.

Is all this MS' means of avoiding tne implicit works of KMixer ? I mean, now I am to blame for it myself ? or what ...

People might not have noticed, but audio in Vista now is always resampled. If I want the best for my CD's the DVDs will be downsampled to 44K1, and if I want the best for DVDs, my CDs will be upsampled to 48K.
If my own software upsamples to 88K2, I'd better not done that, because Vistra again resamples to 96K. Or whatever the device is set to.

Have you gone banana's ? or am I just too blind to find the proper ways.

Remember, shared mode (which is what everybody uses). Exclusive mode is ok.

Peter

post #659 of 971 Old 05-07-2007, 12:10 AM

Just to be clear: which versions of windows properly support the asynchronous isochronous endpoint mode of the USB Audio standard?
post #660 of 971 Old 05-07-2007, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks a lot for taking the time answering all my questions. I appreciate it.

I did not update this thread but I got it working a couple of days back. All I did was to tell Vista that I had 7.1 speakers instead of stereo and viola! it started sending 5.1 DD/DTS over S/PDIF!

And to add icing to the cake, it seems to be that I am getting it bit-perfect too (refer to the bit-perfect thread here)

While playing CDs I get 44.1. And while playing DVDs I get 44.8!

And I did not do anything special other than selecting both those output formats!

Needless to say...I am a happy camper.

Also.
I wonder if I am getting DDplus in its full glory? I see that the kbps is higher than DD, but is it bit-perfect? And since my processor is older...it is actually extracting all info from this newer format?

By the way, how are you getting DDtrue HD?
via s/pdif OR having the soundcard decode and feeding 5.1 analog to the receiver?

(I heard that the s/pdif standard cant handle the high bit-rate of DDtrue HD, and then again most receivers cant decode DDTrue - HD anyway)

-Rajiv
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page