Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 152 Old 08-31-2006, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 182

I'm pleased to announce the latest and greatest release for accessDTV users.

Sorry it took so long to get this release out. I ran into some reboot issues that had me really stumped for a while. The good news is that this is coming just in time for the start of the fall TV season which has just started over the last week or so.

accessDTV 2006.0.0.2 Software Installation

accessDTV 4.12.0.7 Drivers (These are unchanged since the last release)

accessDTV 2006.0.0.2 Release Notes

Important Notes:

• I've started a new message here to keep track of any issues people have found along with the solutions. I'll try to keep that post up to date.
  • Due to the significant changes in this release, it is highly recommended that users perform a fresh install of the accessDTV software. This means you should use the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs tool to uninstall accessDTV. Once you do this, it is best to delete the contents of the accessDTV installation directory (default is C:\\Program Files\\accessDTV, Inc\\accessDTV) and the accessDTV registry settings (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\accessDTV). There's no need to reinstall the drivers unless you're currently using drivers that aren't current.
  • After installing this upgrade, any saved searches and manually scheduled events will have to be created from scratch. This is because the saved searches and scheduled events are now stored in xml files instead of in the database files that have been so troublesome over the years. As time allows, I'll be converting the other pieces that currently use the database over to using xml files.

2006.0.0.2 Release Highlights (since the 2005.0.0.4 Release), read the release notes for everything that's in the release:

2006.0.0.2 Release

1) Fixed several serious reboot issues related to changing project build optimization settings.

2) When running Auto Searches, existing scheduled events from Auto Searches are deleted to handle schedule changes and Auto Searches that the user has deleted. While the Auto Searches are run, events will be added back into the schedule reflecting the current guide data and set of Auto Searches defined by the user. Manually scheduled events remain in the schedule.

2006.0.0.1 Release

** NOTE: This release contains changes to how searches and events are stored. The accessDTV database should be reset to clear out data that is no longer needed or used. It is suggested that most users go with a fresh install of the software. After installing this release, searches and scheduled programs will need to be re-entered. Those wanting to do an upgrade install rather than a full reinstall can delete the contents of the accessDTV database folder (typically C:\\Program Files\\accessDTV, Inc\\accessDTV\\bin\\db). Note that after installing this upgrade, Searches and manually scheduled events will need to be re-entered.

1) Saved searches are now stored in an XML file (accessDTVSearches.xml) instead of the database. This eliminates the concern of losing searches if the database becomes corrupt and makes it easier to add new features.

2) Scheduled recordings are now stored in an XML file (accessDTVScheduledEvents.xml) instead of the database. This eliminates the concern of losing searches if the database becomes corrupt and makes it easier to add new features.

3) Fixed several Auto Run Search problems that would cause certain search definitions to miss events or go into an infinite loop while running the searches against guide data.

2005.0.0.8 Release

** NOTE: This release contains changes to how program guide data is stored on disk and requires that the accessDTV database be reset to handle this change. It is suggested that most users go with a fresh install of the software as this is much simpler than backing up the database and restoring the files needed to keep searches and scheduled programs in place after the upgrade. The procedure for doing an upgrade install will be made available to those who prefer to go that route.

1) Modified internal storage to keep show title and episode name fields separated rather than using a tab character to separate them. This simplifies the code in a number of places, making it more reliable and improving performance a bit.

2) The repeat flag and original air date are now properly imported from the guide data and carried forward from guide data to a scheduled recording and from a scheduled recording to the index file for a recording.

3) Auto Run Searches now compare the show title, episode name, and the original air date using the new data to determine if an episode has already been recorded. This resolves issues with 2 part episodes that don't mention the part number in the episode name.

2005.0.0.6 Release

1) Fixed the daylight savings time bug in the guide display and recording schedule.

2005.0.0.5 Release

1) Changed the Zap2it download request to request the download as a zip file to improve download performance.

2) Modified the Setup -> Tuning tab to allow RF channel numbers to be mapped to familiar channel numbers, which typically is the number supplied in PSIP information. This change required changes to the way channel settings are stored in the registry, so the channel lists are reset to the default settings and will have to be redone.

3) The guide now displays familiar channel numbers instead of RF channel numbers. After installing this version, a guide data download should be performed.

4) All other places that display channel numbers now display familiar channel numbers. This includes the scheduled recording dialog, file dialog, remote control window, the file information dialog, the OSD, etc. The mapping that is made in the Setup -> Tuning dialog determines the channel numbers that are displayed everywhere (except for the guide which gets the mappings from the Zap2it data feed).

5) When typing in a channel number using the keyboard or remote control window, the familiar channel number may be entered. If a channel number is entered that has not had a mapping defined in the Setup -> Tuning dialog, it is treated as the RF channel number. If it turns out the RF channel number has been mapped, the mapped channel number will be displayed after the channel is tuned to. So, if you map RF Channel 19 to familiar channel 2 (this happens to be the mapping for the Boston PBS affiliate, WGBH2) you can get to the channel by typing 2 or 19 on the keyboard, assuming some other RF channel has not been mapped to 19.

6) It is now possible to view the Guide when the main accessDTV application is not running by right clicking on the accessDTV service tray app and selecting the "Display Program Guide" option. This makes it easy to see what's on, schedule recordings, or create/modify searches without having to start up the full application.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 152 Old 09-01-2006, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

FWIW, the response I get to this new release will be a big factor in what direction I take (if any) with future releases. If interest in the accessDTV software is gone, I don't think there's much point in me working hard to continue to add new features that nobody is going to care about UNLESS it's something I really want for my personal use. So if you're still using the software, please provide some feedback on whether you care about getting any new features or not. Feel free to provide suggestions for new features - no guarantees I'll implement them, but it might happen. If there's no feedback of any kind, don't expect any future releases.

The accessDTV software is a 1 man show at this point and has been for quite a while now - I don't get paid to do this, so I certainly make no promises on timely releases. The rest of the team abandoned the project a long time ago.
post #3 of 152 Old 09-01-2006, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Geoffrey, a big thank you for your efforts to improve the AccessDTV software, and sorry that AVS doesn't give you the support you deserve...

Regarding how to improve the software at this time, I'm no longer using the card much as I relocated across the pond where HDTV standards are quite different (it feels as if the UK is 4 or 5 years behind... but the interlacing standard they've choosen is very CPU intensive by today's standards and I wish there was a equivalent to the AccessDTV platform for it).

The key feature I'd like to see is a way to change the extension of the .xml files which the AccessDTV application creates for each recording: TheaterTek is really confused by them as it looks for filter details... otherwise, playback is working very well thanks to your work!

Eiffel
post #4 of 152 Old 09-01-2006, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiffel View Post

The key feature I'd like to see is a way to change the extension of the .xml files which the AccessDTV application creates for each recording: TheaterTek is really confused by them as it looks for filter details... otherwise, playback is working very well thanks to your work!

It would be pretty trivial to make this configurable (for a single file extension) and is something I've been going back and forth on. Why I've been going back and forth on this is the single file extension caveat - making it handle a list of extensions is also doable (though more work), but might have too big a performance hit while looking through the directory list for files to read. Would it be sufficent to handle a single, configurable, file extension such that you'd have to rename any existing files? If so, I'd be happy to throw that into the next release - whenever that might happen .
post #5 of 152 Old 09-01-2006, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Geoffrey, a single configurable file extension insead of .xml would be perfect!.. In fact, it could even be a non configurable extension, provided it is unique to the AccessDTV software (for instance '.gsr' would work fine )
post #6 of 152 Old 09-01-2006, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Geoffrey,
You've been doing a great job supporting this card. Your efforts are greately appreciated by many users I'm sure. Please keep up the support.
post #7 of 152 Old 09-01-2006, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiffel View Post

Geoffrey, a single configurable file extension insead of .xml would be perfect!.. In fact, it could even be a non configurable extension, provided it is unique to the AccessDTV software (for instance '.gsr' would work fine )

I've added code that will allow files with either .xml or .adtv extensions to contain the appropriate indexing information to load into the File dialog / OSD. Any new recordings will use the .adtv extension - not sure if I'll make that configurable or not. This feature will be in the next software release.
post #8 of 152 Old 09-01-2006, 10:02 PM

Geoffrey,

Thanks also from me for your great support of this card. Far from having "lost interest" in the AccessDTV card, I have it installed in the HTPC providing all the television services for my living room.

For my part, the reason I haven't been clamoring for new features and new releases is that I am very happy with the software as it works today. I also have BeyondTV and a VBox card running in another computer, and the AccessDTV software puts BeyondTV to shame in terms of search options / flexibility and disk space management. It also has nicer video quality than I can get using software decoding with BeyondTV.

About the only feature I can think of that I would really appreciate is closed captioning support (while full screen). I have mentioned it before and know it is not on your list of priorities. That's okay...you've already done more for the AccessDTV card than anyone could have hoped or expected, and for that you have my sincerest thanks.

One question I might as well ask while I am here. Yesterday I installed the new software, and it is working flawlessly so far. But when I re-scanned my channels, it did not detect the PSIP channel numbers (which the AccessDTV software listed as "0") -- only the physical channels. I needed to configure the PSIP channels by hand. Is that normal, or is there some way to auto-detect the PSIP channel numbers as well?
post #9 of 152 Old 09-02-2006, 12:33 AM

Hi GSR,

Thank you for your efforts on the AccessDTV software. Please do not stop.

/// Motu
post #10 of 152 Old 09-02-2006, 03:43 AM

thank you,

will install this by the week end, by the way I never had to much problem running this on an hyperthreaded socket 478,I
do have to reinstall xp pro first with hyperthreading off,then add board drivers etc then accessDTV, when all finished then I
turn on hyperthreading, seams to work for me this way.Never tried this on my pentium d, its not my pvr. Again thank you fore all your work

Mick
post #11 of 152 Old 09-02-2006, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brown View Post

About the only feature I can think of that I would really appreciate is closed captioning support (while full screen). I have mentioned it before and know it is not on your list of priorities. That's okay...you've already done more for the AccessDTV card than anyone could have hoped or expected, and for that you have my sincerest thanks.

I'm pretty sure it would be a lot of work to add this. If I thought it would be easy, I'd do it, but it's just not a feature I would use.

Quote:

One question I might as well ask while I am here. Yesterday I installed the new software, and it is working flawlessly so far. But when I re-scanned my channels, it did not detect the PSIP channel numbers (which the AccessDTV software listed as "0") -- only the physical channels. I needed to configure the PSIP channels by hand. Is that normal, or is there some way to auto-detect the PSIP channel numbers as well?

Detecting the PSIP channel numbers during a channel scan is on my to do list, so it's currently working as it should.
post #12 of 152 Old 09-02-2006, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcimmick View Post

thank you,

will install this by the week end, by the way I never had to much problem running this on an hyperthreaded socket 478,I
do have to reinstall xp pro first with hyperthreading off,then add board drivers etc then accessDTV, when all finished then I
turn on hyperthreading, seams to work for me this way.Never tried this on my pentium d, its not my pvr. Again thank you fore all your work

Mick

I'm suspicious that this new release may have a better chance of working on hyperthreaded / dual CPU systems that previous releases. It would be interesting if some others would try it and report back with their results.
post #13 of 152 Old 09-02-2006, 11:30 AM

Geoffrey,

i still use my aDTV and will probably continue to use it until it fails. i may even buy a spare if i can get a good price on one.

i uninstalled the old software before the new install. when i tried to start aDTV i got several errors. to resolve the issue i created a empty 'db' folder.

the only additional feature i would like to see is one you mentioned some time ago, use of the HDTV Wonder. i have one installed along with the aDTV. i would be happy to sign a NDA if you need a beta-tester.

OT: i have written a simple aDTV plug-in for the ATI Remote Wonder. i presume that most people use girder and will have no need for my plug-in. if anyone has interest, please message me and i will start another thread for details and discussion.

i thank you for your efforts.

allen
post #14 of 152 Old 09-03-2006, 10:52 AM

Hi,

I did a clean Win2k install ( with all the Windows Update updates with the exception of .Net ). Installation of the AccessDTV software and driver went fine but have run into some bugs ( i think ).

Bug #1
" accessDTV unable to locate MSVCP60.dll"

Solution:
Search for "MSVCP60.dll", download and place in your search path
Reboot, although it does not seem to be necessary.

GSR,

Any chance of placing that dll in the distribution ?

/// Motu
post #15 of 152 Old 09-03-2006, 11:02 AM

Hi,

Setup -> Providers, pops up the following message twice

"Could not create IProviders 80040154"

More Info.

The window "Choose one or more subscribed providers to display" is empty.

The "Available Providers" window has "GuideRemote.com" and "Zap2it DataDirect"

If i click 'Subscribe..." for GuideRemote.com, the web site says that they are closed down as of Sept 1, 2006.

If i click "Subscribe..." for Zap2it DataDirect , it takes me to the zap2it labs website. Verified that my Zap2it account is valid and not expired.
I then click on the "Configure..." button and a form pops up to enter my Zap2it username and password. Enter correct info, click on "Save login to registry " and then click on "Test".

Get the following error message :-

"Error during Connect to accessDTV
The software is probably not installed correctly
CoCreateInstance HRESULT = -2147221005 (0x800401F3) Invalid class string

Press any key to exit
"

Sorry if this got too long. Anyone have any suggestions ?

/// Motu.
post #16 of 152 Old 09-03-2006, 01:44 PM

Hi,

I have been trying to figure out that provider error but no success so far.

Installed the the .net frameworks but that did not help.

The Zap2it.htm file does not exist under the 'help' directory. Is that file still part of the distribution ?

Not sure what else to try.

/// Motu
post #17 of 152 Old 09-03-2006, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by motulal View Post

Bug #1
" accessDTV unable to locate MSVCP60.dll"

Solution:
Search for "MSVCP60.dll", download and place in your search path
Reboot, although it does not seem to be necessary.

Any chance of placing that dll in the distribution ?

IIRC, with a fresh Win2K install, I needed to make sure I had a current version of Internet Explorer installed to resolve a few things like this. I can't do a clean Win2K install because that's what my main development machine is and doing a clean OS install on that box would entail TONS of work to get it back to normal.

I'll have to look into whether there would be any downsides to including that dll in the install.
post #18 of 152 Old 09-03-2006, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:

Setup -> Providers, pops up the following message twice

"Could not create IProviders 80040154"

More Info.

The window "Choose one or more subscribed providers to display" is empty.

The "Available Providers" window has "GuideRemote.com" and "Zap2it DataDirect"

If i click 'Subscribe..." for GuideRemote.com, the web site says that they are closed down as of Sept 1, 2006.

If i click "Subscribe..." for Zap2it DataDirect , it takes me to the zap2it labs website. Verified that my Zap2it account is valid and not expired.
I then click on the "Configure..." button and a form pops up to enter my Zap2it username and password. Enter correct info, click on "Save login to registry " and then click on "Test".

Get the following error message :-

"Error during Connect to accessDTV
The software is probably not installed correctly
CoCreateInstance HRESULT = -2147221005 (0x800401F3) Invalid class string
Press any key to exit"

Based on what you're seeing here, I'm suspicious that not having MSVCP60.dll available to start with might have screwed up registration of some of the accessDTV components, resulting in these errors. My suggestion is that now that you have MSVCP60.dll present, try reinstalling accessDTV - you probably don't need to do a fresh install, but reinstalling it should re-register the components.

FYI, the "Choose one or more subscribed providers to display" box should be empty until you have configured AND received guide data from an "Available Provider".

Thanks for letting me know about GuideRemote as I hadn't been aware that they were closing up shop - I'll remove them from the list of possible providers for the next release. Besides, the Zap2it data is MUCH better and I've been using it exclusively for quite some time now.

Quote:

Installed the the .net frameworks but that did not help.

accessDTV doesn't need the .NET framework.

Quote:

The Zap2it.htm file does not exist under the 'help' directory. Is that file still part of the distribution ?

There's a bug in the install script - you should find that this file got installed in the accessDTV directory - just move it to the accessDTV\\Help directory to fix this. Thanks for pointing this out.

Finally, as an FYI, I'm seriously considering upgrading my Windows 2000 Pro box to one of XP Pro, MCE, or Server 2003 in the near future as all 3 are much easier to deal with these days. 2000 takes a lot longer to boot up and my install is definitely ready for a rebuild anyway, so it only makes sense to go with a newer OS, especially since I have access to any of those choices through a combination of my MSDN license and a free copy of Server 2003 that MS sent me a while back as some sort of promotion. Anyway, if I do this, I won't be able to provide real support for 2000 any longer, though the software should continue to run fine on it, so I'd suggest that people using 2000 consider upgrading to something more recent when they can.
post #19 of 152 Old 09-03-2006, 10:13 PM

Hi ,

Solution:

Make sure MSVCP60.dll is present in the search path prior to installing the application. Or,
Place MSVCP60.dll into the search path and then reinstall the application.

Also, unrelated but move Zap2it.htm from directory 'accessDTV, Inc\\accessDTV' to 'accessDTV, Inc\\accessDTV\\help'

/// Motu
post #20 of 152 Old 09-03-2006, 10:18 PM

Hi GSR,

Your suggestion worked. Reinstalled the application and the Zap2It provider tab works. I have the latest version of IE and all the latest patches. So, not sure why MSVCP60.dll was not present on the system. I think MSVCP60.dll is under a redistributable license, so it would be beneficial if it was included in the distribution.

Also, i understand your move Win XP. Win2k is already in its extended support period and is 6 years old. Oh well, i will use it for as long as i can.

If my memory serves me right, your AccessDTV agreement does not allow you or anyone else with access to the driver source to develop a Linux driver , right ?

/// Motu.
post #21 of 152 Old 09-04-2006, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:

Your suggestion worked. Reinstalled the application and the Zap2It provider tab works. I have the latest version of IE and all the latest patches. So, not sure why MSVCP60.dll was not present on the system. I think MSVCP60.dll is under a redistributable license, so it would be beneficial if it was included in the distribution.

Yes, MSVCP60.DLL is redistributable. My concern is in regards to it possibly having a negative effect if it gets installed on an OS other than 2000, so it will require a bit of research on my part before I blindly throw it into the install script. I'm pretty sure the installation tool I use would allow me to install it only on a Window 2000 system though.

Quote:

Also, i understand your move Win XP. Win2k is already in its extended support period and is 6 years old. Oh well, i will use it for as long as i can.

Just to make sure everyone is clear, I have no intent to do anything in the code that will intentionally break support for 2000. It's just that if I'm going to go to the effort of rebuilding my box, it's going to be with something newer.

Quote:

If my memory serves me right, your AccessDTV agreement does not allow you or anyone else with access to the driver source to develop a Linux driver , right?

I don't remember if the NDA prohibits one from writing a Linux driver (though I think that is the case), but it's largely a moot point as I have no interest in pursuing that effort. If someone is seriously interested in doing such a project and has the skillset and time to do so, let me know and I'll look into whether it would be allowed.
post #22 of 152 Old 09-06-2006, 07:46 AM

Geoffrey,

I also would like to thank you for all your hard work. My HTPC is currently under re-construction so as soon as it's running again I'll give this version a try.

Thanks again !!

Ken
post #23 of 152 Old 09-06-2006, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Important:

I've updated the first post to try to emphasise that a fresh install of the accessDTV software should be done for this release. Too many things changed in this release, including some registry settings and files stored in the DB folder for an update install to have much chance of working unless you know exactly what to change and I'd prefer to avoid supporting the mess that might result from an upgrade install. The complete uninstall procedure is:
  1. Uninstall the accessDTV software using the Control Panel "Add/Remove Programs" tool.
  2. Just to make sure things are wiped out, delete the accessDTV program tree (default is c:\\program files\\accessDTV, inc), as the uninstall will probably miss some files.
  3. Run regedit and wipe out the entire HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\accessDTV tree.
  4. Run the new accessDTV installer.
  5. Run and reconfigure all your accessDTV settings.

A few things people have run into:
  1. Reboots when leaving the Setup dialog. Based on feedback so far, I'm nearly positive this is from trying an upgrade install. Do a fresh install to resolve this problem.
  2. The database folder wasn't created by the install script. The install script should create an empty folder at C:\\Program Files\\accessDTV, Inc\\accessDTV\\bin\\db. If that folder doesn't get created, the application won't be able to create the database files and a number of features won't work correctly. So make sure this folder exists. The solution is to shutdown the app (don't forget the service tray app), create this folder, and restart accessDTV.
  3. The zip file downloaded daily from Zap2it with the program data can't be opened. This appears to be an issue isolated to 1 user so far and is a long standing issue not related to this release. Not sure why this is the case yet, but there's a setting in C:\\Program Files\\accessDTV, Inc\\accessDTV\\Zap2itDataDirect.ini that can bypass using the zip file (change DownloadZip=true to DownloadZip=false). This feature should only be used if you cannot open the zip file as it puts extra load on the Zap2it service and increases the time it takes to download the data.
  4. The install script is putting Zap2it.htm in the wrong place. It should be moved from the C:\\Program Files\\accessDTV, Inc\\accessDTV directory to the C:\\Program Files\\accessDTV, Inc\\accessDTV\\Help directory.
  5. Some Windows 2000 installations don't have MSVCP60.DLL present on the system. If this file is missing, registration of some accessDTV components won't work properly during installation and the software will not run. This file can be found through a search engine, but will be included as part of the install script in the next release.
  6. Doing a channel scan in the Setup -> Tuning dialog is leaving the Display Channel field set to 0 for all channels. This results in the channel up/down functionality not working properly. The solution is to go through and put in the correct values for each channel. This is fixed for the next release.
post #24 of 152 Old 09-06-2006, 10:45 PM

Hi GSR,

>> I don't remember if the NDA prohibits one from writing a Linux driver (though I >> think that is the case), but it's largely a moot point as I have no interest in
>> pursuing that effort. If someone is seriously interested in doing such a project
>> and has the skillset and time to do so, let me know and I'll look into whether it >> would be allowed.

I used to have the skill set ( been a few years since I've written a driver ). Let me give it some thought and let you know. Its an itch that i do not know if i want to scratch. :-)

/// Motu
post #25 of 152 Old 09-06-2006, 10:48 PM

Hi Folks,

Is there a FAQ or Wiki for the AccessDTV card ?

Can I use the AccessDTV card to play back DVD's ?

/// Motu
post #26 of 152 Old 09-07-2006, 05:51 AM - Thread Starter
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:

Hi Folks,

Is there a FAQ or Wiki for the AccessDTV card ?

Nope, just the threads on AVS and the accessDTV Yahoo group. It would certainly be nice to get one going, similar to the MyHD MetaFAQ - any volunteers?

Quote:

Can I use the AccessDTV card to play back DVD's ?

The short answer is no. The hardware is capable of it. The drivers have some amount of support for it - I don't know if it's complete or not. The app would also require changes. It's something I haven't bothered exploring because I can't see the overall solution being as good as Theatertek. Picture quality might be better, but the feature set would take tons of effort to match.
post #27 of 152 Old 09-08-2006, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brown View Post

This post actually should have tipped me off about the channel up/down problem others reported as it's sort of a bad thing for 2 or more channels to have the same Display Channel value (not reboot type bad, just weird behavior bad).

Anyway, I just implemented the solution to your question - it turned out to be extremely easy to do and worked fine with the set of channels that I receive. If PSIP data isn't available, the Display Channel value is set to the RF Channel #, but PSIP data was available for all my channels.
post #28 of 152 Old 09-13-2006, 08:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Geoffrey, Sorry I posted this info in the wrong forum earlier. I wanted to post again here to let everyone know.

I have a AMD X2-4800 Dual Core system with XP Pro and installed the card and new software and it is working!

I also have a Buffalo LinkTheater and it played a test recording made by the AccessDTV card beautifully!

Am having an issue with setting a program to record in future and when it recorded it recorded the sound but no image on screen.

Also, the channel up and down button is not working, I am using the program guide from Zapit and clicking on the program to change channels.

Thanks!
post #29 of 152 Old 09-13-2006, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtbig View Post

Geoffrey, Sorry I posted this info in the wrong forum earlier. I wanted to post again here to let everyone know.

No problem on posting in the other thread, it's just easier for me to keep the new stuff in 1 place.

Quote:
I have a AMD X2-4800 Dual Core system with XP Pro and installed the card and new software and it is working!

That's very good news. Would be nice to see if other people have similar results.

Quote:
Am having an issue with setting a program to record in future and when it recorded it recorded the sound but no image on screen.

I asked a few questions in response to this in the other thread - if you can answer them here, it may shed some light on the issue.

Quote:
Also, the channel up and down button is not working, I am using the program guide from Zapit and clicking on the program to change channels.

I suspect you'll find the solution to this about 6 or 7 posts up in this thread (here).
post #30 of 152 Old 09-13-2006, 08:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I asked a few questions in response to this in the other thread - if you can answer them here, it may shed some light on the issue.

1st test recording was done while watching, I viewed on the Buffalo.

Have now enabled background recording box and set a recording for 10:30, which is now and the Video Window has lost picture and sound and the accessDTV control says it is recording. Will have to check playback when it is done.

But I guess I can't watch while I record?

Earlier on playback it was a file that was set to record and I played it on the pc and the buffalo but it only had sound and no picture.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page