HDHomeRun - Dual ATSC or QAM to Ethernet Box - Page 67 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1981 of 1985 Old 10-19-2014, 09:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Larry, the website says this about the EPG info: "Free PSIP fed program guide. Program guide data is collected from PSIP information sent along with the TV channels video and audio from the broadcaster."

That's not really adequate for a true DVR. Is the EPG that you're seeing consistent with that description or is there more future data than is in the broadcast PSIP?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1982 of 1985 Old 10-19-2014, 11:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Yes, it's PSIP info alright. I checked what I get with Easy TV vs what I get off the air on my TV... and it's the same. When you ask for more info, the information given is quite accurate and complete, so the stations seem to be doing a good job. Only a few stations have no information. Most give the show title, length, maybe one or two of the actors and a short description of what the show or movie is about.

Larry

My complete SF Bay Area DTV Station Lists: http://www.choisser.com/sfonair.html
Lots of Broadcasting links and information: http://www.choisser.com/broadcast.html

Check out photos and info on my antennas: http://www. larrykenney.com/tvantennas.html

post #1983 of 1985 Old Today, 05:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 17
FYI - just a heads up....

I hesitate saying this because of past issue in updating the firmware on these fabulous boxes....BUT:
I stumbled across an update yesterday while in either the set-up or the configuration app.
OH WELL WHY NOT; with fingers crossed....
Everything seemed to go well, at least so far. No issues with CW_epg that have shown up yet.
One good thing I see, the old HDHR-US Dual white boxes now work with the 'HDHomeRun VIEW App'.
That was broke since I added a newer HDHR3-US to my system last year.

YMMV....of course.

Chris C
post #1984 of 1985 Old Today, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrider2 View Post
FYI - just a heads up....

I hesitate saying this because of past issue in updating the firmware on these fabulous boxes....BUT:
I stumbled across an update yesterday while in either the set-up or the configuration app.
OH WELL WHY NOT; with fingers crossed....
Everything seemed to go well, at least so far. No issues with CW_epg that have shown up yet.
One good thing I see, the old HDHR-US Dual white boxes now work with the 'HDHomeRun VIEW App'.
That was broke since I added a newer HDHR3-US to my system last year.

YMMV....of course.
My VIEW of the 'HDHomeRun VIEW App' was and is dismal.

It appears to be an attempt to present to the viewer an old TV (NTSC Style) set which means you are turning your HDTV into a dumb box. A flakey one at that.

I have always used VLC Media Player with it's time shifting, screen filling options. I have yet to find anything that stations mess up so badly that cannot be fixed with a menu selection.

"Default" is the setting for VLC now which is not stated go you need to guess.

Upon purchasing a new Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 yesterday I found that only one hand is now needed to control VLC as the middle button can be configured as "mute". Previously in my other hand was the remote for the HDTV so I could mute the volume.

EDIT: I have just confirmed that Logitech's configuration software to assign functions KILLS MyHD control, clicking on MyHD does NOTHING. At least you can click in the icon to turn the Logitech's configuration software OFF and then control MyHD.

The old one with weaker radio was becoming flakily likely not do to it but the OS stopping responding which is hard so sort out.

(My only monitor is my 37" HDTV with a DEAD ATSC tuner and two working NTSC tuners. Six ATSC tuners now in my HTPC.))

SHF

Last edited by SFischer1; Today at 12:00 PM.
post #1985 of 1985 Old Today, 01:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFischer1 View Post
My VIEW of the 'HDHomeRun VIEW App' was and is dismal.

It appears to be an attempt to present to the viewer an old TV (NTSC Style) set which means you are turning your HDTV into a dumb box. A flakey one at that.

I have always used VLC Media Player with it's time shifting, screen filling options. I have yet to find anything that stations mess up so badly that cannot be fixed with a menu selection.

"Default" is the setting for VLC now which is not stated go you need to guess.

Upon purchasing a new Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 yesterday I found that only one hand is now needed to control VLC as the middle button can be configured as "mute". Previously in my other hand was the remote for the HDTV so I could mute the volume.

EDIT: I have just confirmed that Logitech's configuration software to assign functions KILLS MyHD control, clicking on MyHD does NOTHING. At least you can click in the icon to turn the Logitech's configuration software OFF and then control MyHD.

The old one with weaker radio was becoming flakily likely not do to it but the OS stopping responding which is hard so sort out.

(My only monitor is my 37" HDTV with a DEAD ATSC tuner and two working NTSC tuners. Six ATSC tuners now in my HTPC.))

SHF

I use Media Center if I want to watch something live on the HTPC, else I'm on the TiVo for live watching. The only time I use 'Viewer' is to clear a stuck channel; Sometimes, during bad weather, I have two different Carriers that dropout a lot. This seems to cause the Homeruns to think they should still be recording, locking up the tuner for future scheduled jobs. So either, unplug and reboot the tuner, or just open a few viewer windows to access the locked tuner, then close them all. Sometimes I use it in the configuration app when checking signal strength.
VLC...each to their own, I guess; I've got it, but seldom run it.
As far as Logitech; about had it with their junk....My wireless mouse has gone spastic the past 6 months. And from reading on their site, I'm not the only one. They don't seem to care much in the way of solutions. They won't even let me register, so I can ask questions or post my dissatisfaction of their products & customer service. Perhaps they're tied of hearing it all. Wish someone else would get in the business; I'd dump them like the plague.

Chris C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers