Closed Thread

post #31 of 41 Old 10-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Advanced Member

Location: CHI, CLD, PAR, PHX, PDX, NKC, AUK, MEL, SYD, BUE, SCL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm waiting for the ASUS P5B-V DH DELUXE/HDMI. It's a G965 mATX all-in-one. Includes HDMI on-board. Targeted to HT use. I hope it has HDCP but there's no confirmation. Possibilitity of passive cooling?

http://www.asus.com/news_show.aspx?id=3932

Doesn't seem to be available yet.

Corrention: ASUS P5B-V DH DELUXE/HDMI is full sized ATX

Former Top 1000 Amazon reviewer bemoaning the loss of objective user reviews. Amazon, stop your complacency!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 10-27-2006, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was waiting for that one, too, but the descriptions seem to indicate there's an add-on for the HDMI... "comes with a HDMI card onboard" (emphasis mine) which makes me think it might just be the same ADD2 card everyone else is waiting for from Pegasus or Prolink or Molex. Which would explain the delay, since in August they said it was coming "in a few weeks".

In which case, any motherboard with G965 and a PCIe x16 slot would work just fine.

I do not speak officially in any sense for
Intel Corp., Technology Manufacturing Group
but I do work there.
post #33 of 41 Old 10-27-2006, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSalita
I'm waiting for the ASUS P5B-V DH DELUXE/HDMI. It's a G965 mATX all-in-one. Includes HDMI on-board. Targeted to HT use. I hope it has HDCP but there's no confirmation. Possibilitity of passive cooling?

http://www.asus.com/news_show.aspx?id=3932

Doesn't seem to be available yet.

That a real nice mainboard there and at least it support the same existing cpu/memory so if it haven't come out by the time I am ready to get all the parts for my htpc, I could always swap the board out later if it got excellent reviews.

Bill
post #34 of 41 Old 10-28-2006, 03:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSalita
This looks like an interesting motherboard, but it also looks like a full size ATX board, given the number of slots
post #35 of 41 Old 10-28-2006, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiffel
This looks like an interesting motherboard, but it also looks like a full size ATX board, given the number of slots
The photo is a full size atx and they are going to offer that board in 3 different model.

The model P5B-VM is the micro version of that board which have no dvi/hdmi output and no wireless lan. http://www.asus.com/news_show.aspx?id=3932

I find it strange that they do not at least offer adapter for dvi/hdmi output for thier micro version, you would think there at least a market for micro size board with dvi/hdmi output out there.

Bill
post #36 of 41 Old 10-28-2006, 06:56 AM
Advanced Member

Location: CHI, CLD, PAR, PHX, PDX, NKC, AUK, MEL, SYD, BUE, SCL
Eiffel and ZESUIT,

Yes, it's a full sized ATX board. My bad. I've corrected the form factor mistake in my post. Thanks for pointing it out.

Hard to believe there's no mATX all-in-one. Maybe Bearlake will make mATX possible.

Bob.

Former Top 1000 Amazon reviewer bemoaning the loss of objective user reviews. Amazon, stop your complacency!
post #37 of 41 Old 10-28-2006, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Agreed. There is this, but I've spoken the the Pegasus representative and they are still manufacturing their first batch of the 35111149 model (HDMI+HDCP). It's promising, but it's not here yet. Though dollars-to-donuts that this is why the P5B-V DH Deluxe has been delayed: Pegasus and Prolink are having troubles bringing the cards to market, too. Whether this is due to a general shortage of the SI HDMI chips or some other reason, it's pretty obvious that ASUS is having the same problem.

Next year will bring not only BearLake for a mATX solution, but GM965, which is the mobile version of G965 and will make for a nice MoDT solution. Of course, I have a Core 2 Duo in hand right now and don't want to wait, and I'm sure that a lot of people out there are in a similar position. But Merom is 30W cooler, and so does the GM965, and I think it'll make a great match from a low power standpoint. I am jealous of those with patience.

I do not speak officially in any sense for
Intel Corp., Technology Manufacturing Group
but I do work there.
post #38 of 41 Old 10-28-2006, 01:16 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Intel is planning onboard HDMI only for mBTX and pBTX; DVI out for ATX and mATX.

Intel "Bearlake" Motherboard Lineup

or

Roadmap itself

As Intel developed and is advocating the BTX form factor, it's natural that it gave priority to BTX although nobody uses or will use BTX in near future (the situation reminds me of the omission of PATA controller in the chipset when nobody uses an SATA optical drive). It's just about Intel motherboards.
post #39 of 41 Old 10-30-2006, 06:16 AM
Advanced Member

Heres my problem ...i am looking for a Matx board for AMD socket 754 or 939 but i need 3 pci slots is it even possible.

thanks
post #40 of 41 Old 10-30-2006, 06:30 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 341
ABIT NF-95

Foxconn 6150K8MA-8EKRS
post #41 of 41 Old 10-30-2006, 12:17 PM

I would reconsider your choice of the 7300GS. If you ever want to do HD, then the 7600GT will be much better. The 7600GT has a much higher GPU freq, which directly translates to better Purevideo perf. (according to the research that I have done). Also, Purevideo does not support two features on the 7300GS (and 7600GS for that matter) that are supported on the 7600GT.

Go for the 7600GT if you can...
Closed Thread Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page