Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 1797 Old 03-07-2007, 09:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post

Which version of the F3Q driver got installed?

It installed the new unified driver (only 3 devices, 2 of them unused). I'll try your suggestion after I get home from work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1797 Old 03-07-2007, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Terry, I think I'm seeing something similar. One particular channel is breaking up that use to be flawless. I switched the PCI Fusion 5 from Main to PIP so that the USB Fusion 5 was main. Problem went away. Of course that means my dual recordings are still a problem. Driver problem? And what directory should I reinstall the driver from?

Everything was working fine under 3.3 and 3.5 with the exception of the back to backs.

Also, it seems that everything is on IRQ 11...VGA, PCI Fusion 5, and USB to include USB Fusion. Seems like a lot to be on one IRQ...I wonder if swapping slots will help.
post #633 of 1797 Old 03-07-2007, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldet5 View Post

...Of course that means my dual recordings are still a problem...

are you sure it has hurt the recordings on the pci card? or is it just the watching that is having the problem?

-----------
post #634 of 1797 Old 03-07-2007, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAXKID View Post

are you sure it has hurt the recordings on the pci card? or is it just the watching that is having the problem?

Watching is much much worse however the recordings are affected as well.
post #635 of 1797 Old 03-07-2007, 10:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

...PCI Fusion 5...USB Fusion 5....Driver problem? And what directory should I reinstall the driver from?

The old drivers are all in the "2000" folder. I'm not sure which one pertains to the PCI F5 card though. My guess would be the "zulu88" one (without the "x").

If you're using it for OTA, I think that you may want to try a rescan of channels before switching drivers. IIUC, one of the changes in the new driver is to be less adaptive when tuning OTA than previous drivers were. I think that this change was for improved stability but it may also have caused some lock-in problems that need a new scan to fix.
post #636 of 1797 Old 03-08-2007, 03:01 AM

I've been seeing numerous references to de-installing the drivers from the Control Panel Add or Remove Programs. This has never worked for me. I get a pop-up window that gives parameters available for the deinstallation application. I have found a program called UnInstallDriver.exe in the Driver directory of the CD which seems to go through numerous steps to remove the driver. I do copy the expanded "CD" files from the temp directory to a directory to have access to the CD files after the installation app exits. I don't believe I've had any driver install/uninstall issues using this program. Not willing to bet any real money on it though.

Dave
post #637 of 1797 Old 03-08-2007, 05:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdaver View Post

I've been seeing numerous references to de-installing the drivers from the Control Panel Add or Remove Programs. This has never worked for me. I get a pop-up window that gives parameters available for the deinstallation application. I have found a program called UnInstallDriver.exe in the Driver directory of the CD which seems to go through numerous steps to remove the driver. I do copy the expanded "CD" files from the temp directory to a directory to have access to the CD files after the installation app exits. I don't believe I've had any driver install/uninstall issues using this program. Not willing to bet any real money on it though.

Dave

yes, you should be using the ms windows "Control Panel Add or Remove Programs" to remove the drivers when using fusion3.6 or higher.

if you are seeing the pop-up window with the installer parameters, it means the original installer info is missing from the windows\\system32\\DRVSTORE directory. this means somewhere along the line the install/un-install was corrupted. best thing i have found is delete the DRVSTORE directory and re-install again with the latest 3.60.01 release, not the beta.

btw, all this is covered in the KAXKID procedure. if it needs to be clarified, let me know what would help, i've been trying to keep that help procedue up-to-date.

-----------
post #638 of 1797 Old 03-08-2007, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

The latest RT now handles the 3.6 Fusion software.
Here
post #639 of 1797 Old 03-08-2007, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The old drivers are all in the "2000" folder. I'm not sure which one pertains to the PCI F5 card though. My guess would be the "zulu88" one (without the "x").

If you're using it for OTA, I think that you may want to try a rescan of channels before switching drivers. IIUC, one of the changes in the new driver is to be less adaptive when tuning OTA than previous drivers were. I think that this change was for improved stability but it may also have caused some lock-in problems that need a new scan to fix.

The rescan did not help so I uninstalled the new drivers on the PCI card, rebooted, reinstalled zulu88x (no zulu88) drivers, and rebooted. This fixed the freeze problem however my first recording, which was dual, failed.

Should I remove the new USB Fusion driver as well? I did not rescan channels however since each Fusion does not have it's own list of channels would that matter?
post #640 of 1797 Old 03-09-2007, 03:39 AM

Quote:

if you are seeing the pop-up window with the installer parameters, it means the original installer info is missing from the windows\\system32\\DRVSTORE directory. this means somewhere along the line the install/un-install was corrupted. best thing i have found is delete the DRVSTORE directory and re-install again with the latest 3.60.01 release, not the beta.

Interesting. I checked the DRVSTORE directory contents against the latest driver directory for the card I have installed and the five files in the DRVSTORE directory are the same version as those in the driver directory. I expect you are right, there is an uninstall parameter file missing. I usually install the drivers from device manager and direct it to the directory with the latest driver files in it by indicating I have a disk. I'm guessing that since I do this, the uninstall file does not get written. I do believe that by running the uninstall program in the driver directory of the CD will get rid of all traces of the drivers. I suspect that running the program without parameters causes it to look everywhere and purge. It pops up a window showing what it's doing while it's running and it takes a bit of time.

Dave
post #641 of 1797 Old 03-09-2007, 08:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

...however my first recording, which was dual, failed.

"Dual" meaning that both tuners were to be used? How did it fail? No wake up, crashing, 0-byte file(s), ???

I don't think that you want to replace the USB driver. (I'm not even clear on why you're having trouble with the new driver on the F5 PCI)
post #642 of 1797 Old 03-09-2007, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

"Dual" meaning that both tuners were to be used? How did it fail? No wake up, crashing, 0-byte file(s), ???

I don't think that you want to replace the USB driver. (I'm not even clear on why you're having trouble with the new driver on the F5 PCI)

Hi Terry,

Is there anything I can tell you on the new driver other than it is causing micro freezes on a channel that the USB Fusion and MYHD have no problem with?

By fail, I mean't the Fusion app closes out (crashes) and the files have less than a minute of recording.

This is also happening while watching live TV. The app closes out.

I'll do some testing with the 3.3 version and compare with the 3.6. MYHD was running at the time also. Can 2 Fusion tuners in background with the MYHD be too much?
post #643 of 1797 Old 03-11-2007, 06:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Jeff--

I agree that the 3.6 unified driver seems to have some problems at least with some Fusion units. I'm away from my computer (actually out of the country) until late this week, so I can't learn anything more myself until later. I hope that the problems, since they appear on OTA channels, are evident in Korea also so that DViCo is already working on fixing them.
post #644 of 1797 Old 03-11-2007, 09:27 AM

Anyone able to point me to where I can find the changes in the database format from the 3.5 to 3.6 version?

I have developped an addon that acts as a bridge between Beyond TV and the DVICO software, adding the appropriate database entry (similar to what RT does) for the actual recording. It has been working relatively well for version 3.5, but this new version 3.6 is causing me problems... By adding an updated database entry, it mostly works... There is that "slight" problem reported by a user that the channel is always changed to a default one (D800), which either means that I have missed something or there is still some left over registry on the user side... Any ideas?

From what I can tell, the main changes to the database are:

1) Uses the ReserveList table instead of the ProgramList table.

2) The GCode hasn't changed.

3) DevID is used to select a specific card.

4) IsRecord is set to True for a recording and False to use the "watch" mode.

5) ReservePgName = ReserveFName = filename without path or extension.

6) ReserveChName is the channel of the form D880, but redundant since it is already in the GCode...

7) Start_Time and End_Time are obvious but also redundant due to the GCode. Unless they are giving us control over the padding, but yeah right...

8) Attribute is the recording frequency, 1536 = once, 1537 = daily, 1538 = weekly.

9) etcStr = /////, no clue what this is...
post #645 of 1797 Old 03-11-2007, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post

Anyone able to point me to where I can find the changes in the database format from the 3.5 to 3.6 version?

I have developped an addon that acts as a bridge between Beyond TV and the DVICO software, adding the appropriate database entry (similar to what RT does) for the actual recording. It has been working relatively well for version 3.5, but this new version 3.6 is causing me problems... By adding an updated database entry, it mostly works... There is that "slight" problem reported by a user that the channel is always changed to a default one (D800), which either means that I have missed something or there is still some left over registry on the user side... Any ideas?

From what I can tell, the main changes to the database are:

6) ReserveChName is the channel of the form D880, but redundant since it is already in the GCode...

7) Start_Time and End_Time are obvious but also redundant due to the GCode. Unless they are giving us control over the padding, but yeah right...

8) Attribute is the recording frequency, 1536 = once, 1537 = daily, 1538 = weekly.

if the channel reverts to the default channel, it sounds like you have something wrong with the channel mapping. the fusion cards revert to the default channel (stored in the registry)when they get lost.

-----------
post #646 of 1797 Old 03-11-2007, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

1 - Yes.
2 - Correct.
3 - Correct. #s vary depending on type card and/or slot used. Better be right!
4 - Correct.
5 - Program Title - not sure if really used but nice to have.
6 - I believe so.. same as above as far as being needed.
7 - In my experimenting, these overide the gcode data so they are a must.
8 - Correct.
9 - I believe is just an area for remarks.
post #647 of 1797 Old 03-11-2007, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtvincr View Post

1 - Yes.
2 - Correct.
3 - Correct. #s vary depending on type card and/or slot used. Better be right!
4 - Correct.
5 - Program Title - not sure if really used but nice to have.
6 - I believe so.. same as above as far as being needed.
7 - In my experimenting, these overide the gcode data so they are a must.
8 - Correct.
9 - I believe is just an area for remarks.

ok, with access there is "design view" that shows the field info. here's a screendump that shows what is expected for the etc field:
LL

-----------
post #648 of 1797 Old 03-11-2007, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

ok, with access there is "design view" that shows the field info. here's a screendump that shows what is expected for the etc field:

But it is not required.... I throw in the "////"'s to make it match what Fusion does, but I do not believe that even that is required.
post #649 of 1797 Old 03-11-2007, 12:11 PM

Thanks Kaxkid and hdtvincr, that confirms what I thought.

I don't have any database software installled, so I really liked that "design view" image! Beats debugging in C# to find out what is going on and does explain the etcStr, where they grouped up a bunch of previous PL_* fields.

As for the wrong channel map, in previous runs there was an obvious user error, so I am waiting for confirmations from a second user on that one, as that might still be a user configuration problem...

Regarding the warning about the DevId, for now I am using the value of DeviceMainUID from the registry. I assume that on a system with multiple devices that would be a problem... Is there a value for auto-select, like -1 or 0? Of course I can always ask the user to provide the various DevId's...
post #650 of 1797 Old 03-11-2007, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks Kaxkid and hdtvincr, that confirms what I thought.

I don't have any database software installled, so I really liked that "design view" image! Beats debugging in C# to find out what is going on and does explain the etcStr, where they grouped up a bunch of previous PL_* fields.

As for the wrong channel map, in previous runs there was an obvious user error, so I am waiting for confirmations from a second user on that one, as that might still be a user configuration problem...

Regarding the warning about the DevId, for now I am using the value of DeviceMainUID from the registry. I assume that on a system with multiple devices that would be a problem... Is there a value for auto-select, like -1 or 0? Of course I can always ask the user to provide the various DevId's...

yes, with multi devices there is a problem using only DeviceMainUID because there is more than one device id needed to use more than one tuner. in fact multi tuner use can have a number of pitfalls.

-----------
post #651 of 1797 Old 03-11-2007, 09:10 PM
AVS Special Member

File playback using MYHD is causing the USB Fusion to crash the 3.6 application when trying to record. Recording using the PCI Fusion 5 is fine. Putting the MYHD in playback and then bringing up the Fusion app with the USB fusion as Main shows freezing. Display with PCI Fusion is fine. MYHD is on IRQ 5. The Fusions are on IRQ 11 along with the USB card and Radeon VGA card.

I also tried it out on 3.50.01 and the recording problem was similar.

In would appear the Fusion USB and MYHD are not getting along in my system. Any ideas?
post #652 of 1797 Old 03-11-2007, 10:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

File playback using MYHD is causing the USB Fusion to crash the 3.6 application when trying to record. Recording using the PCI Fusion 5 is fine. Putting the MYHD in playback and then bringing up the Fusion app with the USB fusion as Main shows freezing. Display with PCI Fusion is fine. MYHD is on IRQ 5. The Fusions are on IRQ 11 along with the USB card and Radeon VGA card.

I also tried it out on 3.50.01 and the recording problem was similar.

In would appear the Fusion USB and MYHD are not getting along in my system. Any ideas?

that seems like a lot of things on one IRQ. do you mean you had to add a seperate pci usb card to get a usb 2.0 port? is there another slot to put that card in or try moving them around until the IRQ's are spread out. why aren't the IRQ's in the higher numbers? is there a problem with the motherboard?

are you trying to record with the fusion in display mode while using the myhd to display also at the same time?

-----------
post #653 of 1797 Old 03-12-2007, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

that seems like a lot of things on one IRQ. do you mean you had to add a seperate pci usb card to get a usb 2.0 port? is there another slot to put that card in or try moving them around until the IRQ's are spread out. why aren't the IRQ's in the higher numbers? is there a problem with the motherboard?

are you trying to record with the fusion in display mode while using the myhd to display also at the same time?

Yes; added USB card.

I can move the cards around; that was my thought also however since the MYHD was on IRQ5 by itself I kinda doubt it. I will try anyways!

No problem with the motherboard but this is an older board; pentium 3 slot 1.

Trying to record Fusion in 'minimized on silent' mode however for testing I also brought it up watching live (not recording).....while the MYHD was in file playback.

Thanks for the ideas. I will try and move the cards around.
post #654 of 1797 Old 03-12-2007, 02:15 PM

Does 3.6 software allow playback of a file that is
currently being recorded?

I'm waiting for that to be incorporated into the Dvico software before I try out
any new updates.

Also, do I completly uninstall 3.5 before installing the new software?
or just install over my 3.5
post #655 of 1797 Old 03-12-2007, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy View Post

I'm waiting for that to be incorporated into the Dvico software before I try out
any new updates.

Also, do I completly uninstall 3.5 before installing the new software?
or just install over my 3.5

Yes!

Completely uninstall. Follow kaxkid's procedure. Short cut a few pages back.
post #656 of 1797 Old 03-12-2007, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy View Post

Does anyone have any suggestions as to software to be used to play these files back? VLC, WMP and MPC won't open these "files in progress," at least for me.

Zoomplayer will play them, but does not recognize file growth. E.g., If you have a show an hour long and try to play the file 20 minutes into the show, Zoomplayer will only play it for 20 minutes, at which point you need to close and reopen the file, which will then of course play only until 40 minutes, etc.

Thanks,
Derek
post #657 of 1797 Old 03-12-2007, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

TheaterTek is a software player that will do what you want. There is an option (called something like 'test for recording') that will check for file growth and adjust the progress bar. TT has a free trial, so you can make sure it works for your before purchasing.
post #658 of 1797 Old 03-12-2007, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I swapped cards and got the USB on its own IRQ. No change. The MYHD and USB Fusion just don't seem to like each other.
post #659 of 1797 Old 03-12-2007, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No problem with the motherboard but this is an older board; pentium 3 slot 1.

what are the rest of your specs(os, ram, cpu speed, etc)? have you tried changing the video modes in the fusion config?

-----------
post #660 of 1797 Old 03-12-2007, 10:51 PM

I'm quite new at the HTPC thing - and just picked up the Fusion 5 Lite. When I run in DxVA mode, after about 60 secs, my computer totally freezes up. When I run with CPU only, I have no problems. Is it a probably with my video card? I have a Geforce 6200, P4 1.6 GHz, 1 Gig RAM, running XP Home sp2. Thanks!
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page