New FusionHDTV Software - Page 61 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1801 of 1807 Old 07-04-2015, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post
Nani, I'm unaware of anything newer than version 3.91 and my experience with installing "updated" drivers offered by Windows Update has been pretty dismal. I recommend that you either ignore it altogether or set a restore point before you try it.
That's why I have not installed it, but the other ~ 400 on two computers, YES. Who knows the number on W 10, one build had 300 by itself.

If you cannot trust MS then who can you trust.

The date is interesting given

Quote:
Not the exact date, but my downloads drive has it written on 12 17 2011, if that helps.
and all the problems I am seeing.

Someone took ~ 10 hours or whatever to download a version for W 8 from Korea and then did not use it.

I tried to find a download page be so far no luck.

Google Translate did a poor job, maybe Bing might do better. But not on my active HTPC which I wish was not.

SHF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 1807 Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

FusionHDTV Testing on Windows 10

Sorry folks, I posted a few messages to the wrong thread, not that it matters anymore. The Fusion7 Dual is no longer in use being replaced with the Fusion5 RT GOLD. The more general thread is better.

DViCO Fusion HDTV7

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Terry,

Today I first tested MyHD running on the "administrator" account. I did see the delay again before the Trackball was allowed to control MyHD.

----------------------------------------------

With another tentative change in plans I decided to test FusionHDTV on Windows 10. My plans change as quickly as W10 does.

It was interesting to say the least.

On W10 playing back a capture the 4xFF, 8xFF, 4xREW and 8xREV all work. But too fast IMHO and was a problem on XP. So the problem is limited to W7 and perhaps Vista.

But the bigger problem is that Fusion will not play ANY sound in 1x mode. NONE!

System sounds play just fine as does MyHD playback of captures.

I looked at all the settings and do not see what is wrong. Nothing from the graphics card audio output or the s/pdif output.

-----------------------------------------
Remember, on W10 the Windows Updates for Fusion will be applied, it is very hard to stop any of the automatic updates on W10.

SHF
post #1803 of 1807 Old Yesterday, 07:50 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 15
The problem is that on Win10 all the audio low level device have changed and I suspect that they have not made it backward compatible with the old FusionHDTV driver.
But I think that the capture still works and you can play the .tp file with VLC.
post #1804 of 1807 Old Yesterday, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranle View Post
The problem is that on Win10 all the audio low level device have changed and I suspect that they have not made it backward compatible with the old FusionHDTV driver.
But I think that the capture still works and you can play the .tp file with VLC.
Fusion doing a capture???? I gave up trying to do that years ago. That never worked. Playback with a remote was all that I kept it around for.

But why does audio work with MyHD? That's older and built for an earlier version of Windows. Fusion5 RT GOLD is an old card but not as old as MyHD.

VLC is next up for testing but as all my change in a week, no conclusions are solid with anything.

Just spinning my wheels. Problems with FusionHDTV just keep mounting up. It's like bashing KMTP which the owners do not know how to do anything right. It was great fun pointing out all their errors but the fun was lost so I stopped. Now there is a report the station was sold to the wireless people so it will be gone soon.

SHF
post #1805 of 1807 Old Yesterday, 09:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Nani, the only FusionHDTV tuner that I gave up on was trying to use both tuners in the Dual unit. The others all work pretty well (not as bullet proof as HDHR, but...) for captures and definitely have more sensitivity than any MyHD tuner. Setting them up properly is the only tricky part.

I haven't looked into the audio output, since my only W10 system with FusionHDTV installed is run via VNC with no audio connections.
post #1806 of 1807 Old Yesterday, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post
Nani, the only FusionHDTV tuner that I gave up on was trying to use both tuners in the Dual unit. The others all work pretty well (not as bullet proof as HDHR, but...) for captures and definitely have more sensitivity than any MyHD tuner. Setting them up properly is the only tricky part.

I haven't looked into the audio output, since my only W10 system with FusionHDTV installed is run via VNC with no audio connections.
If I remember correctly you were on cable and reported no problems with Fusion captures while me myself was on OTA with very much a less than perfect antenna system and Sutro on the original Digital antennas thus the differences between our Fusion capture success.

I will try tomorrow or when ever I can test the audio output on my backup HTPC with the Fusion7 Dual to see if both cards have no audio output.

With the FF and REV working on W10 but not W7 if the audio will work on W10 then it would have been a plus.

The 400 GB HD drive discovered disconnected in my active HTPC is being tested and zeroed for backup use in the standby HTPC.
-----------------------
I discovered that once you sign up for W10 the downloads can start at any time so I am going to try and get the backup HTPC set up for the W10 FREE upgrade and let it happen sometime when the rest of the Billion computers are done.

SHF
post #1807 of 1807 Old Yesterday, 09:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I have always had OTA. I used to also have cable, but I dropped that as soon as Comca$t encrypted my local stations making my ATSC tuners useless on cable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers