New FusionHDTV Software - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 1797 Old 11-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
no channel changing is still here, itr will show the channel i am one but it will have video and audio from another channel i have to click channel up once then go back to channel i want to watch and that will last for a few mins and do it again. i knew there was reason a few years back why i went with the MYHd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 1797 Old 11-26-2006, 09:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Are you using an IR remote with the FusionHDTV?
post #183 of 1797 Old 11-27-2006, 12:54 AM

I don't get it. I uninstalled the program, deleted the DVICO folder, and removed all DVICO leftovers from the registry. Restarted and reinstalled the program. Everything is fine until I scan cable channels (regardless of analog or digital), and then the errors mentioned in my previous post here begin, making the card unusable. I just can't figure it out. DVICO support told me to scan the cable channels in advance, but I don't understand what that means, in advance of what? I did scan them in advance of air channels, if that's what they meant, but it didn't make a difference.
post #184 of 1797 Old 11-27-2006, 03:22 AM
Advanced Member

no i am not using IR remote just using the mouse to click on arrow buttons to change channels. this is the 64 bit version of win xp with 64 bit dvico drivers
post #185 of 1797 Old 11-28-2006, 07:21 AM

The QAM tuner on my Fusion3 Gold card works well with Comcast cable. It tunes all available channels and displays the non-encrypted channels just fine.

The diagnostic menu in my Comcast STB displays the frequency for the currently tuned channel. The frequency it displays is always the mid-band HRC frequency for the current channel, making me think they use HRC tuning.

Since the Fusion card will not tune HRC without a registry addition it leaves me wondering what is going on here.

None of the Comcast people I spoke with seem to know of certain which frequencies are being used.

Anyone here have an explanation for this?

Dave
on Comcast Cable of Canton, MI
post #186 of 1797 Old 11-28-2006, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northville Dave View Post

The QAM tuner on my Fusion3 Gold card works well with Comcast cable. It tunes all available channels and displays the non-encrypted channels just fine.

The diagnostic menu in my Comcast STB displays the frequency for the currently tuned channel. The frequency it displays is always the mid-band HRC frequency for the current channel, making me think they use HRC tuning.

Since the Fusion card will not tune HRC without a registry addition it leaves me wondering what is going on here.

None of the Comcast people I spoke with seem to know of certain which frequencies are being used.

I am in a college dorm in Miami, however, we as you do have Comcast, and I also get some seemingly random unencrypted digital channels with the same card. I'd like to know more on this as well. Do your channel numbers change unpredictably as you view them?
post #187 of 1797 Old 11-28-2006, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmortal03 View Post

I am in a college dorm in Miami, however, we as you do have Comcast, and I also get some seemingly random unencrypted digital channels with the same card. I'd like to know more on this as well. Do your channel numbers change unpredictably as you view them?

No, the channel numbers are stable unless Comcast remaps them.

For me nothing is random, although things may appear random if you happen to tune a channel that is being used to supply someone else an "On Demand" or PPV show.

These shows are not encrypted and are sometimes verrrrry interesting!

Dave
post #188 of 1797 Old 11-28-2006, 09:58 AM

FYI, I posted these to http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/Eng/Support

1. When I acces this page (DviCO web pages), the interaction is very slow and problematic. My connetion often CRASHES.

2. I have Fusion Gold 5. When I tune to a no signal or weak signal cable QAM channel the screen FREEZES, often FREEZING XP-PRO and requiring a reboot. I am running Fusion 3.50.01 release.

3. Will 3.50.01 or 3.50.02 allow me to read/play a file WHILE Fusion writes/records the file? I have asked for this many times. Each time I am told "SOON".

From http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/Eng/Support
DViCO : 140 : 12,561 2006-11-28 AM 10:01:19

"...
1. I'll report this issue to our web developer.
2. This is our known problem and it is because of video decoder when the signal is weak or unstable. We're working towards getting a solution for this as soon as possible. Thanks.
3. We have a To-Do-List when developing. We cannot support as soon as receive the requirement. We must improve another function in advance and we don't have much requirement for your issue. So we'll start this function if we finished currect improvement."

Can others post this request to:
http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/Eng/Support

Thanks.
post #189 of 1797 Old 11-28-2006, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by iq100 View Post

Others, here on AVS, have reported they have requested DviCO, to UNLOCK, or at least provide a configuration option to UNLOCK, the recorded file while it is being recorded, for quite awhile now.

Can others post this request to:
http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/Eng/Support

Thanks.

I already did twice. What is appauling is that this is a simple option that they have to set to permit readers when opening the output file

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
post #190 of 1797 Old 11-28-2006, 01:49 PM

Quote:

You can read the frequencies for each channel with TsBrowser2, available from DVICO
post #191 of 1797 Old 11-28-2006, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knnirs View Post

You can read the frequencies for each channel with TsBrowser2, available from DVICO

Thanks for the reminder - I had forgotten about TSB.

The freq. info TSBrowser puts out only further muddies the water:

For cable channel 82 on Comcast:

"Standard" lower freq. limit is 568.75 mHz per Comcast's chart <-- wrong, see note below

"HRC" lower limit is 570 mHz per Comcast's chart <-- wrong, see note below

Comcast STB displays 573 mHz for 82, mid-band of the HRC freq. <-- wrong, see note below

TSB displays 571.250 mHz, 1.25 mHz above the HRC lower limit <-- wrong, see note below

When TV frequencies were first allocated the center of the video carrier was set to be 1.25 mHz above the lower limit.

Since this is what TSB displays, does it imply that Comcast is using HRC frequencies? Which brings me back to my original question: If Comcast is truly using HRC, how can my Fusion3 Gold work without the registry modification?

NOTE: Added 11/29/06 - Turns out the Comcast chart had the column headings interchanged. Comcast is indeed using STD frequencies. What TSB displayed is the correct video freq. for STD ch. 82.

Dave
post #192 of 1797 Old 11-28-2006, 06:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Have you tried adding the Registry mod for HRC to see if it makes any difference? (You can simply delete the added keys to undo the change) I'm guessing that perhaps DViCo has made the mod unnecessary.
post #193 of 1797 Old 11-28-2006, 07:01 PM

Can someone help me with the problem I mentioned above (post #183)? DVICO has not replied to my support request. I don't know what to try anymore. It's not interference with other programs as I turned off the antivirus and killed most other processes and services in my last try. As it is, I can't scan a single cable channel without the program breaking down as soon as the scan completes or I stop it.
post #194 of 1797 Old 11-28-2006, 07:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Nix--

People aren't helping because we've never heard of such problems...no idea what is going wrong for you. That's likely the reason for DViCo's non response as well. You may have a hosed Windows installation or an imperfectly inserted card....
post #195 of 1797 Old 11-28-2006, 08:03 PM

Well, everything works fine if I only scan air channels. And the cable ones also worked fine when I used the program a few months ago. I didn't try it just before updating to this new software version though.
post #196 of 1797 Old 11-28-2006, 09:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Can you scan the cable analog channels? If so, do they look OK? (I'm wondering if your cable has developed a problem, such that you're seeing the sort of problem that iq100 reported a few posts back)
post #197 of 1797 Old 11-28-2006, 10:21 PM

No, even the analog.
I made a system restore point after installing and setting up the air channels, so that after it screws up when I try the cable I can go back and try something new. That suggest that it's a problem with registry settings.
post #198 of 1797 Old 11-28-2006, 10:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Have you hooked up another TV to the same cable connection to confirm that you have a signal?
post #199 of 1797 Old 11-28-2006, 10:30 PM

The cable channels show fine while scanning on the display. The thing is, when the scan completes (or if I stop it early, same result), then when I click the Save or the OK button to exit the configuration dialog, the errors begin.

Once the errors start, it appears that most or all configuration settings are gone, skin selection is reset, etc., and the configuration dialog itself is different, as if not specialized to this card but a more generic one.
post #200 of 1797 Old 11-28-2006, 11:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I've only seen this sort of behavior when inadvertently running mixed sets of files from more than one version of FusionHDTV. I suggest that you reinstall (again) and carefully follow The KAXKID Procedure. You might also re-download the update file to make sure that you don't have a corrupted copy of that.
post #201 of 1797 Old 11-28-2006, 11:44 PM

I guess the issue is the uninstall, since I uninstalled the old version using the control panel, not the setup program (and of course I didn't even have that setup program because it was an old one).

Regarding the KAXKID Procedure:
Quote:

11. the first promp will be "Scan Channels?", i don't bother answering this prompt, because the fusion does this automatically.
12. if your install has been successfull, you will see the config screen pop-up and the channels scanned automatically.

I did see that prompt, but if I click no, I don't see the channels scanned automatically. There are only a few of the analog cable channels scanned.
post #202 of 1797 Old 11-29-2006, 01:51 AM

Turns out the problem is removed if I clear all the cable channels by deleting the DVICO registry key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software, then merging the backed up config.reg from the DVICO folder in Program files.
The thing is, the problem happens even if I scan a SINGLE cable channel and stop the scan. Then I noticed the following:

Besides the one calbe channel I scanned, 3, there's a new one added, 128 (analog cable channels are only supposed to go up to 125), and the max channel number is changed from 7D to 158 (nonsensical).
Huh? WTF, DVICO? Deleting this channel 128 and resetting the max to 125 fixes all the errors, but I can't possibly understand how this bug could occur in the first place.

[Edit:] Though all the HD channels are encrypted, they should still be showing in the channel list, no? While scanning, they are listed (and only shows on some "Encrypted" in the list though all are black display), but after I reset those registry keys, the encrypted channels do not show in the channel list under configuration...

Can someone here export their whole DVICO key from HKCU\\Software so I can compare?
post #203 of 1797 Old 11-29-2006, 03:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixie View Post

I guess the issue is the uninstall, since I uninstalled the old version using the control panel, not the setup program (and of course I didn't even have that setup program because it was an old one).

Regarding the KAXKID Procedure:

I did see that prompt, but if I click no, I don't see the channels scanned automatically. There are only a few of the analog cable channels scanned.

i didn't say to click "no", i said don't click anything. the fusion app will default to "yes" and scan automatically. i have edited the original post to make that clearer.

the channels you see "scanned" are the default channels that dvico has in the install program, they might or might not be relevant to your circumstances. you did not do a scan, because you clicked "no"

sounds like you have to do the procedures in the "trouble" section. but first try an un-install of the last version you tried to install, using the fusion installer program not the microsoft control panel "add/remove".

using some one's else registry is probably going to get you in more trouble.

do you remember what version you had working previously? you should be able to download that version again and re-install it again, that re-installation may pick-up all the original links in the registry. at that point you may be back to where you started and can then follow the correct procedure to un-install the original version.

this whole process gets more difficult if you have started to modify registry keys.

-----------
post #204 of 1797 Old 11-29-2006, 05:12 AM

Actually in my last attempt I did leave the scan prompt without clicking on anything and it did start it by itself, and previously I had removed by uninstalling in safe mode, exactly as you had listed. I followed all those instructions (adding after the uninstall a complete purge of the registry from any DVICO leftover entries).

In any case, I did narrow the problem to one specific registry value, though I can't understand why the software is putting it there. Can someone else tell me if they also have more than 125 as the max cable channel number?
post #205 of 1797 Old 11-29-2006, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixie View Post

Actually in my last attempt I did leave the scan prompt without clicking on anything and it did start it by itself, and previously I had removed by uninstalling in safe mode, exactly as you had listed. I followed all those instructions (adding after the uninstall a complete purge of the registry from any DVICO leftover entries).

In any case, I did narrow the problem to one specific registry value, though I can't understand why the software is putting it there. Can someone else tell me if they also have more than 125 as the max cable channel number?

ok, after you changed that value back to 125, and did the channel scan, did the 128 return?
is the installation working now?

-----------
post #206 of 1797 Old 11-29-2006, 08:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I'd say that the Registry value change is pretty clear evidence that your copy of the installer .exe is corrupted. Download a new one and (after using Steve's procedure to uninstall) reinstall from the fresh copy.
post #207 of 1797 Old 11-29-2006, 08:23 AM

I just purchased and installed a Fusion 5RT Gold to accompany my aging HiPix card so that I can hopefully record and play at the same time. Is there a way of programming / or changing the skip ahead interval to 30 seconds or a minute instead of what ever the short default is? I am using the standard software and remote that came with the card. I am hoping there is a .ini or registry tweak of some sort.

thanks
Joe

HD - The only way to be!:)
post #208 of 1797 Old 11-29-2006, 04:48 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the reminder - I had forgotten about TSB.

The freq. info TSBrowser puts out only further muddies the water:

For cable channel 82 on Comcast:

"Standard" lower freq. limit is 568.75 mHz per Comcast's chart

"HRC" lower limit is 570 mHz per Comcast's chart

Comcast STB displays 573 mHz for 82, mid-band of the HRC freq.

TSB displays 571.250 mHz, 1.25 mHz above the HRC lower limit

When TV frequencies were first allocated the center of the video carrier was set to be 1.25 mHz above the lower limit.

Since this is what TSB displays, does it imply that Comcast is using HRC frequencies? Which brings me back to my original question: If Comcast is truly using HRC, how can my Fusion3 Gold work without the registry modification?

The TSB display of 571.250 indicates that your cable is usung the standard frequencies, because the standard frequency for channel 82 is set at 571.250.
post #209 of 1797 Old 11-29-2006, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knnirs View Post

The TSB display of 571.250 indicates that your cable is usung the standard frequencies, because the standard frequency for channel 82 is set at 571.250.

You are absolutely right!

Turns out that the frequency allocation chart that Comcast provides to their senior level tech's in this area has the "STD Start Freq." and "HRC Start Freq." column headings interchanged!

I have two copies of this chart, one about a month old and one about four months old - the headings are interchanged on both charts. No wonder I've been blowing my mind over this!

Thanks for setting me straight.

Dave

Dave
post #210 of 1797 Old 11-29-2006, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAXKID View Post

ok, after you changed that value back to 125, and did the channel scan, did the 128 return?
is the installation working now?

Sort of. All the analog channels are showing, but all the digital ones are not in the channel list (though they are in the registry). Now, all digital channels during the scan are encrypted or blank as expected with a Canadian cable provider (signal detected but no actual display or audio), so I understand if it can't display them, but why am I not seeing them in the list, even though I was seeing them listed during the scan?
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page