New FusionHDTV Software - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1797 Old 11-01-2006, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As KAXKID noted in this post in the "New FusionHDTV beta series: 3.41" thread, DVICO has released a public version of 3.50.01web here:

http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/ENG/Download/Software.aspx

I thought it might be helpful to start a new thread for the people that just scan titles.

The download is slow for me, and I am only getting 10K per second, but it should finish in about 45 minutes.

-Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1797 Old 11-01-2006, 09:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I hope that this version works well for most people. Dave's and my PCs took several bullets to expose some nasty bugs in the new QAM-related code and Steve gave it a pretty thorough tire kicking.
post #3 of 1797 Old 11-01-2006, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 92
I'm trying it, however,... older versions worked just fine for me too.
post #4 of 1797 Old 11-01-2006, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I tried 3.30 and 3.41 with 2 F5L cards but I always get error. So I haven't used Fusion app. 2 cards are simultaneously working under other app. Can anyone confirm that the new version works with 2 F5L cards?
post #5 of 1797 Old 11-01-2006, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

All I can confirm is that it works with an F3Q and an F5USB in the same PC, but so did 3.41.
post #6 of 1797 Old 11-01-2006, 11:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Brian--

The adage about not fixing things that "ain't broke" applies in spades to software and with DViCo software spades are trump. So if you're happy with an older version, stay there!
post #7 of 1797 Old 11-01-2006, 04:39 PM

Liked: 11
Do you think they will ever be able to add QAM support in MCE? (ether 3rd party, or microsoft blessed)

Mac Mini (Late 2012, Ivy i7-3615QM/Intel HD 4000) Win 8 Pro x64 Media Center, 2 USB Ceton InfiniTV tuners + Companion iPhone App, XBox extender, MyMovies.dk WHS 2011 StableBit DrivePool, TIP: (DISABLE Intel Graphics Control Panel's Dynamic Contrast to prevent 29/59 flicker)
post #8 of 1797 Old 11-01-2006, 05:12 PM

I'm currently downloading this version and I hope to test it out tonight.

I am sincerely hoping that this issue about the software crashing when asked to record two programs back-to-back will be resolved once and for all. In addition, for some weird reason, it's now started to ignore programs entered in from its own EPG.

I don't know how much of this is due to me using an older card (I'm stuck with an F2) and how much is due to the software just being buggy. Either way the situation is becoming untenable. I am not able to replace the card, nor am I able to go to any other software solution. While I have tried both SageTV and BeyondTV and found that they are perfect, they also cost money, which being unemplyed is not forthcoming, and I have been unable to get GB-PVR working with it.

So I'm hoping that DVICO finally got it right.

BTW, are there BDA drivers available for the FusionHDTV 2? I suspect that there are not, hence the problems I'm having with GB-PVR. But the strange thing is that the tuner is listed in the Device Manager as a BDA tuner, so I would think that that means that BDA drivers were installed.
post #9 of 1797 Old 11-01-2006, 05:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazjon View Post

Do you think they will ever be able to add QAM support in MCE? (ether 3rd party, or microsoft blessed)

Do I care? (Hint: No!)

I don't want or need anything that MCE has to offer, such as DRM, bloat, and did I mention DRM?
post #10 of 1797 Old 11-01-2006, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post

Do I care? (Hint: No!)

I don't want or need anything that MCE has to offer, such as DRM, bloat, and did I mention DRM?

while i dont care about MCE i do want other options to view QAM
post #11 of 1797 Old 11-01-2006, 05:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubdukat View Post

BTW, are there BDA drivers available for the FusionHDTV 2? I suspect that there are not, hence the problems I'm having with GB-PVR. But the strange thing is that the tuner is listed in the Device Manager as a BDA tuner, so I would think that that means that BDA drivers were installed.

AFAIK, the 32-bit BDA drivers are available for all the supported cards. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that there are bugs in the Fusion 2 drivers though, since I expect that DViCo doesn't put a lot of effort into updating the sw for such "ancient" products.
post #12 of 1797 Old 11-01-2006, 05:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plat View Post

while i dont care about MCE i do want other options to view QAM

There are scores of options for "viewing". Once the file is recorded (since it isn't burdened with DRM) you can use any TS viewer that you like. If you mean that you want other UI options for setting up recordings, there's already at least one: AllenDB's Record_This. Check it out. (And extending CW_EPG to Fusion is "on deck")
post #13 of 1797 Old 11-01-2006, 05:40 PM

Quote:

There are scores of options for "viewing". Once the file is recorded (since it isn't burdened with DRM) you can use any TS viewer that you like. If you mean that you want other UI options for setting up recordings, there's already at least one: AllenDB's Record_This. Check it out. (And extending CW_EPG to Fusion is "on deck")

i mean for watching live tv

i suppose id even settle for the fusion software accepting plugins
post #14 of 1797 Old 11-01-2006, 05:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

To what end? The Fusion sw is now very stable for viewing live TV and renders both A and V very well, so what would be gained?
post #15 of 1797 Old 11-01-2006, 06:06 PM

Quote:

To what end? The Fusion sw is now very stable for viewing live TV and renders both A and V very well, so what would be gained?

the picture is like jumpy and flickers a bit in the fusion software with their video codec

it just looks better in media player using the nvidia purevideo codec
post #16 of 1797 Old 11-01-2006, 06:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

The picture is fine if you have the sw and card correctly installed. It even plays well on video gear as old as the nVidia 440 MX and a 2.4-GHz Celeron (which I doubt is true of the nVidia codec).
post #17 of 1797 Old 11-01-2006, 06:17 PM

Quote:

The picture is fine if you have the sw and card correctly installed. It even plays well on video gear as old as the nVidia 440 MX and a 2.4-GHz Celeron (which I doubt is true of the nVidia codec).

Or even an nVidia 440 MX and a 2.0-GHz Celeron!

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars.
post #18 of 1797 Old 11-01-2006, 06:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Oh, and BTW, if you're running the September nVidia driver (91.47) and seeing jerkiness and high CPU use in Task Manager, try the DViCo recommended 84.21 nVidia driver instead.
post #19 of 1797 Old 11-01-2006, 09:19 PM

nvidia V, 84.21 is the only software that works with nvidia 6200 video cards, for 1080I ,but does not work with 480I, no problem with 720P
post #20 of 1797 Old 11-01-2006, 09:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

What do you mean "does not work with 480i"? I have a 6200 and I'm using 84.21 with FusionHDTV 3.50.01 to produce smooth play for 480i, 720p, and 1080i on my 2.4-GHz Celeron Win2k machine.
post #21 of 1797 Old 11-02-2006, 12:01 AM

Quote:

Oh, but some of us DO care about MCE. That's fine if you don't--everyone's needs are different. But I'd like to use my 360 hooked up to the big screen to control my HTPC w/Fusion in the other room. That way I could also do timeshifting and scheduling the way all the cool kids with the rabbit ears antenna get to do.

But the reality's that there are too many walls in my apt to get decent OTA reception, so I'm stuck with cable. And when the new OCUR devices come out, they're not gonna sell me one as an end user, and I'm sure as hell not buying a whole new PC just to get one.

And not all recording from MCE necessarily has DRM. Most of the shows I watch are on broadcast channels anyway, so those should record w/out DRM. In fact the OCUR spec states that OCUR devices should still operate with or w/out a CableCard, so that pretty much makes them identical to my Fusion for what I'm doing.

The potential good news is that Vista now has QAM support for BDA, which XP didn't. That means (in theory), that if DViCO supports QAM in their BDA drivers, even though MCE won't tune QAM on it (since it's not an OCUR device), then anyone else can write a standalone program (or MCE plugin) to tune digital cable off a Fusion.

I'm sure a lot of other folks are in the same position as myself and would be really, really excited if this was possible. If anyone can confirm that DViCO has QAM support in their BDA Vista drivers, heck, I'll start looking into writing a standalone program or MCE plugin myself.
post #22 of 1797 Old 11-02-2006, 12:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

News flash: FusionHDTV version 3.50.01 does not, repeat not have Vista drivers inside. Please take all Vista/QAM BDA discussion to an appropriate thread--feel free to create your own and I'll promise not to post in it.

This thread is intended for discussion of FusionHDTV 3.50.01. Thanks for your understanding and kind consideration of others' bandwidth limits.
post #23 of 1797 Old 11-02-2006, 01:51 AM

I don't know if anybody else has run into this problem, but I was getting an error whenever I tried enabling Timeshifting in Digital OTA, even in this newest version, so I did some investigating. It would give me an error message saying "DShowHelper::CreateFilter () StreamBufferSink creation failed" if Timeshifting was enabled, whenever entering Digital OTA channels.

So I searched around, and found the error on Dvico's site: http://fusionhdtv.co.kr/ENG/Support/...D=14&SCATID=50

After reading that page, I realized that my system didn't even HAVE sbe.dll to be registered! So, I extracted it out of SP2, along with its partner sbeio.dll, put them in %system32%, and registered sbe.dll. After that, the error went away, and Timeshifting now works perfectly.

So, I am not sure whether those two files are only supposed to be for XP SP2 Media Center PCs, or whether they should have also been installed on regular XP SP2 systems, like mine, but just never got installed because I use an nLite minimized system. I'd like more information on this. I am doubting that they were removed by nLite. However, I also doubt that DVICO would require files that are only a component of XP Media Center. So what is the story of sbe.dll and sbeio.dll? Does anyone running a regular copy of XP SP2 have them in their system32 directory?
post #24 of 1797 Old 11-02-2006, 05:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmortal03 View Post

So, I am not sure whether those two files are only supposed to be for XP SP2 Media Center PCs, or whether they should have also been installed on regular XP SP2 systems, like mine, but just never got installed because I use an nLite minimized system. I'd like more information on this. I am doubting that they were removed by nLite. However, I also doubt that DVICO would require files that are only a component of XP Media Center. So what is the story of sbe.dll and sbeio.dll? Does anyone running a regular copy of XP SP2 have them in their system32 directory?

yes, both files are in the system32 directory on my standard winxp sp2 home version that was on this compaq presario when i bought it. the file creation dates are 8/4/04, which is the same date stamp of a majority of files in system32 directory. my guess is that those files were part of the original set-up.

-----------
post #25 of 1797 Old 11-02-2006, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAXKID View Post

yes, both files are in the system32 directory on my standard winxp sp2 home version that was on this compaq presario when i bought it. the file creation dates are 8/4/04, which is the same date stamp of a majority of files in system32 directory. my guess is that those files were part of the original set-up.

So maybe nLite did have something to do with this on my system. I will look into it further.

Btw, does timeshifting work fine for you?
post #26 of 1797 Old 11-02-2006, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So Terry and/or Steve, what is the advantage (if any) of this version over 3.41? I have read the DVICO release notes but at least in terms of bug fixes they are usually so vague they don't mean anything. Also in terms of enhancements nothing really stands out (going by release notes).

TiVo 6 tuner Roamio Pro, Elite & Premiere + MoCA networking.
kmttg - Tivo To Go and Advanced Remote Control

post #27 of 1797 Old 11-02-2006, 09:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Kevin, my take on it is that there are many changes to the coding to fix identified problems/crashes for unusual cases and add more bells and whistles, such as PIP viewing with only one tuner, but if you're happy with 3.41 there's little reason to switch. (It may fix the BSOD that some see with the F5USB, I don't know since I never did see it)

IIRC, there was a bug with editing reservations in Manual Scheduler in the released 3.41 and that's fixed in 3.50.01, although it still has an issue with overlapping reservations when there are two or more tuners.
post #28 of 1797 Old 11-02-2006, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydave80 View Post

Oh, but some of us DO care about MCE. That's fine if you don't--everyone's needs are different. But I'd like to use my 360 hooked up to the big screen to control my HTPC w/Fusion in the other room. That way I could also do timeshifting and scheduling the way all the cool kids with the rabbit ears antenna get to do.

But the reality's that there are too many walls in my apt to get decent OTA reception, so I'm stuck with cable. And when the new OCUR devices come out, they're not gonna sell me one as an end user, and I'm sure as hell not buying a whole new PC just to get one.

And not all recording from MCE necessarily has DRM. Most of the shows I watch are on broadcast channels anyway, so those should record w/out DRM. In fact the OCUR spec states that OCUR devices should still operate with or w/out a CableCard, so that pretty much makes them identical to my Fusion for what I'm doing.

The potential good news is that Vista now has QAM support for BDA, which XP didn't. That means (in theory), that if DViCO supports QAM in their BDA drivers, even though MCE won't tune QAM on it (since it's not an OCUR device), then anyone else can write a standalone program (or MCE plugin) to tune digital cable off a Fusion.

I'm sure a lot of other folks are in the same position as myself and would be really, really excited if this was possible. If anyone can confirm that DViCO has QAM support in their BDA Vista drivers, heck, I'll start looking into writing a standalone program or MCE plugin myself.

I just made an HD recording using using the Fusion 5 USB and the Vista MCE beta. I can edit the file in VideoRedo, and I can save the file in dvr-ms format. However, if I try to save the file in TP format, VRD provides the following error message:

Mpeg stream error: File may be DVR-MS "restricted content".

So it appears that even in-the-clear OTA recordings have some type of DRM.

Why not just install the latest Fusion software, and record your QAM programs outside of MCE? MCE does a great job of playing back TP files (at least I know it does if you install the nVidia PureVideo decoders, which are only $20). I know it is not the integration you want, but at least you can record QAM.

As Terry said, MCE issues are OT in a thread dealing with the latest Fusion software. MCE/Fusion issues would be a bit more appropriate in the DVICO Fusion 5 HDTV tuner thread, since this thread relates to the tuner and not specifically to the software. However, your best bet is one of the MCE threads, because most people in the tuner thread (and this thread) are not using MCE.

-Dave
post #29 of 1797 Old 11-02-2006, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post

So Terry and/or Steve, what is the advantage (if any) of this version over 3.41? I have read the DVICO release notes but at least in terms of bug fixes they are usually so vague they don't mean anything. Also in terms of enhancements nothing really stands out (going by release notes).

In addition to Terry's answer above, take a look at DVICO's Comparative Table showing improvements in memory footprint, CPU usage, etc. This table compares to 3.41 to 3.45. However, IIRC, 3.45 was the internal version number used for the early 3.50 beta versions.

-Dave
post #30 of 1797 Old 11-02-2006, 11:47 AM
CFC
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

I hope that this version works well for most people. Dave's and my PCs took several bullets to expose some nasty bugs in the new QAM-related code and Steve gave it a pretty thorough tire kicking.

So it's cool to download and install if I plan to use QAM now?

Signature goes here
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page