hauppage hdtv card latest updates and spec.! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-28-2000, 02:09 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
ok people, yesterday I spent hours waiting and waiting just to speak to one the hauppage actual engineers who had been working on their hdtv pc card. here's what he said.
1: "the card will not be recordable for sure!"
2: "the recordability features will not be incorporated or added for at least a year or more or maybe not at all."
3: "the hdtv card does work! it is able to decode full 1080i with nice images."

there you go. Here is the latest specs. below and I swear they have the cheapest web site on the net.
p.s. looks like HiPix is the winner for me as of now. better grab a hold on those hipix cards before the MPAA put a stop to it. I better go to bed. just got back from seeing the movie TRAFFIC. and yes it's out already in LA for a special engagement. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif good movie. I also saw crousing tiger hidden dragon. don't miss this movie lovers. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Hauppauge Computer Works, Inc.

WinTV-HD Model 00698 Functional Specification

Revision 1.3 – November 3, 2000

Overview

The WinTV-HD 00698 is a PCI card capable of receiving and decoding both ATSC 8VSB Digital Television (DTV) transmissions and NTSC analog television transmissions.

When receiving DTV transmissions the WinTV-HD transfers a 19.4 Megabit per second demodulated transport-level data stream to its on-board hardware MPEG decoder chip, which is equipped with 16 megabytes of local memory. The MPEG decoder chip decodes the selected video program, and makes the audio and data portions of the transport stream available to the PC’s CPU for further processing.

The decoded video is displayed in either of two software-selectable ways, (1) by passing the video to the PC’s VGA subsystem via the PCI bus in 640x480 resolution, or (2) by driving an RGB (VGA) or YPrPb (HDTV component) monitor directly in resolutions up to 1920x1080i. A loop cable and an on-board analog switch are provided to allow the high resolution video to be displayed on the PC’s monitor. The AC-3 digital audio portion of a DTV transmission is decoded in software by the PC’s CPU, and output through the PC’s sound subsystem. Optionally, the board can be jumpered to output the AC-3 digital audio via an S/PDIF connector.

When receiving NTSC analog transmissions, the tuned analog composite video is first digitized, and then passed into the MPEG decoder chip for display via either of the methods described above. The analog audio portion of an NTSC transmission is first passed through a BTSC stereo decoder which implements dbx-TV noise reduction, and then onward to the PC’s sound subsystem via either an internal (CD-ROM-type) or external (1/8†audio jack) line-level stereo audio cable.

The WinTV-HD 00698 has the following specific features:

General Attributes

32-bit, 33MHz PCI 2.1-compliant card

7.5†PCI card length

0 - 40°C operating temperature

IR remote control receiver implemented using 2.5mm jack (on Pod) and external sensor

UL recognition

EMI treatment for FCC Class B

Front End Signal Processing

Dual-input Analog / Digital tuner with 2 coaxial “F-type†connectors

Signal strength (AGC, AFC) measurement for antenna installation guidance

MPEG Video Decoding

MPEG2 digital decoding using TeraLogic 880 (Janus) chip and 16 Megabytes of SDRAM

Decodes all 18 ATSC digital formats, including standard and HDTV (MPEG-2 MP @ HL)

Up and down conversion between all ATSC formats

Analog Video Decoding

Digitized analog video is line-doubled and filtered for display

External Composite and S-Video input via RCA and mini-DIN connectors (on Pod)

Video source selection controlled via software

Video Display

Direct drive output to RGB (VGA) or YPrPb (HDTV) monitor in various resolutions:

1920x1080I, 1280x720p, 1024x768p, 1440x1080I, 720x480p

Video switch between direct drive and VGA pass-through

DB26HD-F video “Loop Cable†connector on back panel

Video “Loop Cable†assembly with –

DB26HD-M for connection to WinTV-HD card

DB15HD-M for connection to VGA card

DB15HD-F for looped output to single monitor or direct drive of second monitor

Pod with connectors for audio, video and IR sensor inputs

Digital Audio Decoding

Digital Audio (AC-3) packets available for decoding by software running on CPU

S/PDIF digital output via conversion plug in 1/8†stereo audio jack (on back panel)

[jumper selectable vs. analog stereo output]

Analog Audio Processing

Analog stereo audio decoding (dbx-TV)

External Left and Right stereo audio input via RCA jacks (on Pod)

Stereo audio source selection controlled via software

ATAPI 0.1†connector for internal stereo audio cable to PC sound subsystem

Line-level stereo audio output via 1/8†stereo audio jack (on back panel)

[jumper selectable vs. S/PDIF output]

[This message has been edited by adaseng (edited 12-28-2000).]

Closed Thread Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page