Sonyo DP32746 as desktop monitor help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-24-2006, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently got a Sanyo DP32746. It's a 32" Hi-def LCD tv (Yay Wal-Mart!), and I'm attempting to use it as my desktop monitor. It's connected with a DVI to HDMI cable, to a Geforce FX 5700 (Asus V9570 TD) card.

The TV's native resolution is 1366x768, which I cannot select from the resolution list when I right click on my desktop and select "Properties > Settings". So, I downloaded Powerstrip to try to set to fix that. I added the custom resolution of "1366x768 60Hz (LDC/TV)", and rebooted.

Upon trying to use the new resolution, my screen is still much too small, and shakes vertically. What's displayed still isn't even in the native resolution.

I've tried messing with the timings, but all I seem to do is make the image even worse, untill it wont display at all. I'm in over my head.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-06-2007, 06:22 AM

a coworker of mine just purchased one of these and i am having similiar issues configuring it for pc monitor use. everything is practically identical.

i will say that on my display at home (different hdtv) i have it set to "monitor scaling", this doesn't seem to be an option with the win98 or fx series of cards. my 6800gt and/or windows xp does have this option however. this may be a result of his current nvidia driver... or the fact he's still using windows 98.

at any rate, on this sanyo lcd hdtv most resolutions display fine up to and including 1280x720 but scaling is off, leaving a good many lines off all four sides of the display.

the first change i'm going to make is an upgrade to windows xp, then upgrade the nvidia drivers if needed. i'll report back with results but in the interim any feedback is appreciated.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-06-2007, 08:39 AM

My suggestion would be to take it back to Walmart and buy a monitor from a more respectable source...but if you don't like that, use the fun search feature to search for DVI to HDMI and you'll find more answers than you know what to do with.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page