G965 with Prolink HDMI ADD2 - Page 18 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #511 of 518 Old 08-18-2008, 07:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
cool, I'll look for persistence in the video settings. I'm hesitant to think this will fix it though since My Xbox is also having trouble outputing video if the stereo isn't set to it as an input when it's turned on. Very strange. I suspect it has to do with HDCP...???...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 518 Old 11-24-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c128 View Post

Oh dear...as a further confirmation - I upgraded the BIOS of my DG965OT to the latest as well, but I hadn't realised that this could have been the cause of my system no longer waking via the remote until I chanced upon this thread. I'm using a fresh (re)install of Vista Ultimate too, but with the BIOS update in place.

I have to report a similar problem on my DG965OT without Prolink card. I use the iMon remote and sometimes when resuming from standby it just hangs before any video signal is seen on the screen (Fans an Power LED on).
I tried a new VISTA install and Firmware 1751 and 1738 with same behaviour.

Someone know a BIOS version where wakeup worked last ?

Just saw, there is a new Firmware from Nov.17 (BIOS 1754),
will give that a try.

Joe
post #513 of 518 Old 05-13-2012, 10:12 AM

My apologies for bumping such an old thread, but hoping if any previously contributors are still around they might be able to help seeing as how this a kinda an outdated and pretty much discarded format.......... or so it seems from my searching online.

Buddy of mine has a HP DC5700 desktop, 2.2 core duo, 4gig, we had hoped to turn into a budget HTPC for him. This thing has an intel Q963 chipset with a ADD2 PCI-E X16 slot and a pci-e x1 slot.

Looking at a prolink HDMI add2 card which I believe will be compatible. Research seems hit and miss as to how well these work.

In this situation, the add2 card should perform better than a pcie X1 video card... correct?

Any input appreciated. Thanks!
post #514 of 518 Old 05-15-2012, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irockwithdirt View Post

My apologies for bumping such an old thread, but hoping if any previously contributors are still around they might be able to help seeing as how this a kinda an outdated and pretty much discarded format.......... or so it seems from my searching online.

Buddy of mine has a HP DC5700 desktop, 2.2 core duo, 4gig, we had hoped to turn into a budget HTPC for him. This thing has an intel Q963 chipset with a ADD2 PCI-E X16 slot and a pci-e x1 slot.

Looking at a prolink HDMI add2 card which I believe will be compatible. Research seems hit and miss as to how well these work.

In this situation, the add2 card should perform better than a pcie X1 video card... correct?

Any input appreciated. Thanks!

I wouldn't bother with the prolink card (which still depends on the outdated Intel chipset). Instead, buy an inexpensive video card that's actually capable of performing HTPC duties. I've been using an XFX HD5670 (AMD-ATI) successfully and am considering GT430 (nVidia) for use with madVR: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...NG&PageSize=20.
post #515 of 518 Old 05-16-2012, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsarver View Post

I wouldn't bother with the prolink card (which still depends on the outdated Intel chipset). Instead, buy an inexpensive video card that's actually capable of performing HTPC duties. I've been using an XFX HD5670 (AMD-ATI) successfully and am considering GT430 (nVidia) for use with madVR: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...NG&PageSize=20.

Unfortunately, with this motherboard the PCI-E X16 slot will ONLY accept an add2 card. My options are a pci card, pci-e X1 card, or an add2.
post #516 of 518 Old 05-18-2012, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irockwithdirt View Post

Unfortunately, with this motherboard the PCI-E X16 slot will ONLY accept an add2 card. My options are a pci card, pci-e X1 card, or an add2.

Are you sure about that limitation? Perhaps you misread the features? Typically, the on-board IGP is automatically disabled when you plug in a PCI-e card. But the latter does work.

I have 2 Intel DG965WH mobos happily using HD4670 PCI-e x16 cards. I tried ADD2 cards, too, and gave up.

The ADD2 is not a video card: it's just a pass-through from the IGP to the HDMI port, mixing audio into the stream. It does no video processing. So it's next to worthless. You're not giving up much if you disable the IGP: before Sandy Bridge CPUs, Intel processor graphics were not useful for home theater.
post #517 of 518 Old 05-18-2012, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Yeah, I gave up on using the DG965WH for a HTPC. But it did work with an added PCIe-16 card. I believe you could tell the BIOS what to use as it's initial display source.
post #518 of 518 Old 05-21-2012, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkearney99 View Post

Yeah, I gave up on using the DG965WH for a HTPC. But it did work with an added PCIe-16 card. I believe you could tell the BIOS what to use as it's initial display source.

Those two I mentioned have been working as servers since 2007 and 2008.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page