The X-Meridian 7.1 Thread - Page 72 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2131 of 2138 Old 12-01-2013, 03:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Maybe you can just find a new one at Radio Shack or digikey.com?
And to solder on, scrape away the coating to expose some copper track that would have gone to where the pad has torn off. But being careful to not scrape away the earth plane around the track. Unless of course, that pad was joining to the earth plane!

It might be that chip is related only to the front panel mic, line, etc, connector (front of the PC box) as, IIFC, that what that nearby multi pin connector is for. That may also join to another Auzentech board?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2132 of 2138 Old 12-01-2013, 07:10 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian AS View Post

And to solder on, scrape away the coating to expose some copper track that would have gone to where the pad has torn off. But being careful to not scrape away the earth plane around the track. Unless of course, that pad was joining to the earth plane!

It might be that chip is related only to the front panel mic, line, etc, connector (front of the PC box) as, IIFC, that what that nearby multi pin connector is for. That may also join to another Auzentech board?

In that case there would be no point in me fixing this, as I have very little experience in soldering and would not want to burn any part of this card.

Will I damage the card by putting power on it without this capacitor in place?

post #2133 of 2138 Old 12-01-2013, 08:50 AM

Doing some detective work via the www:

Google the chip number led to: http://sound.zol.com.cn/49/494527_all.html

On which was:
  CODEC芯片是一颗CMI 9780,负责声卡的外部辅助输入(AUX_IN)、CD输入、MIC输入,提供16bit/48kHz的播放、录音采样。这颗芯片也会出任某些主板集成声卡的CODEC。

Which Bing says means:
CMI CODEC chip is a 9780, responsible for external auxiliary input of your sound card (AUX_IN), CD input, MIC input, providing 16bit/48kHz for playback, recording, samples. This chip will sit on some motherboard integrated audio CODEC.

I was looking for a data sheet to see what the chip pin out is. Didn't find one.

Perhaps you could ask the question to Auzentech; will any further damage occur to use it like that and what won't be working.

Do you know anyone who could solder a replacement capacitor on there? It easy to do it.
mpelley92 likes this.
post #2134 of 2138 Old 12-01-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian AS View Post

Doing some detective work via the www:

Google the chip number led to: http://sound.zol.com.cn/49/494527_all.html

On which was:
  CODEC芯片是一颗CMI 9780,负责声卡的外部辅助输入(AUX_IN)、CD输入、MIC输入,提供16bit/48kHz的播放、录音采样。这颗芯片也会出任某些主板集成声卡的CODEC。

Which Bing says means:
CMI CODEC chip is a 9780, responsible for external auxiliary input of your sound card (AUX_IN), CD input, MIC input, providing 16bit/48kHz for playback, recording, samples. This chip will sit on some motherboard integrated audio CODEC.

I was looking for a data sheet to see what the chip pin out is. Didn't find one.

Perhaps you could ask the question to Auzentech; will any further damage occur to use it like that and what won't be working.

Do you know anyone who could solder a replacement capacitor on there? It easy to do it.

I would try to teach myself to do it and then do so but I would need to find a replacement first.

Do you know of where to find one? I'm not really sure what to google. All I see is G6m, 10, and 16v. No idea what any of that might be except the 16 volts.

post #2135 of 2138 Old 12-01-2013, 07:14 PM

I just went and measured one from mine. It's 10uF at 16 Volts.

Where are you in the world? It's 3:13am here is the UK.
post #2136 of 2138 Old 12-01-2013, 07:18 PM

I'm in Alberta, Canada. 8:16pm.

Where would a guy find a capacitor like that?

EDIT: Here's one I think might work. Will I want a high or low tolerance?

http://canada.newark.com/avx/tap106j016srw/capacitor-tant-10uf-16v-3-2-ohm/dp/54J4389?ost=16v+10uf+radial&categoryId=800000010501

post #2137 of 2138 Old 12-06-2013, 04:42 AM

Should be OK. I'm guessing low tolerance is 10% and high is 5%. Can only guess that either should be OK as don't know the tolerance of the original but they tend to be 10%, sometimes 20%.

Will they supply you? With an order than small?
post #2138 of 2138 Old 03-12-2014, 02:44 PM

Greetings to everyone. I´m not really sure if this is the right place to post questions about the X-Meridian 7.1 2G, but I haven´t found here another thread more suited to this matter.

I want to bring some improvements to my sound card by changing the opamps and I would like to address a question concerning opams. I´ve seen that the review on this sound card made by guru 3D is mentioning a custom unit that uses a LME49710HA for the center channel and a OPA227 for the bass output: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/auzen_x_meridian_7_1_2g_soundcard_review,10.html

Have you ever tried this yet? And if affirmative, which would be your comments upon.

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page