Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 230 Old 06-07-2007, 08:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Also I get the error message "MyHD IR receiver not found. Check your serial or USB port and IR Receiver". I have the receiver pluged into the USB port.

I sometimes get this error message when I boot up and get to desktop. I just unplug the usb connector from the port and plug it back in and it fixes the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 230 Old 06-07-2007, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus_Rising View Post

I sometimes get this error message when I boot up and get to desktop. I just unplug the usb connector from the port and plug it back in and it fixes the problem.

Thanks for responding. I tried that but I still get an error.

Loren
post #93 of 230 Old 06-08-2007, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsollee View Post

Hello, I just bought a new Pc with Vista on it. I get the following error message.
"Error: (InitGraph) : could not create Janus Capture filter. Reinstall the device driver of MyHd or install the latest version of Directx". I installed the program again and I am running Directx 10. I also am running the software in the compatibility mode for Windows XP.

Also I get the error message "MyHD IR receiver not found. Check your serial or USB port and IR Receiver". I have the receiver plugged into the USB port.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Bump

Loren
post #94 of 230 Old 06-13-2007, 12:00 AM

Quote:

Hello, I just bought a new Pc with Vista on it. I get the following error message.
"Error: (InitGraph) : could not create Janus Capture filter. Reinstall the device driver of MyHd or install the latest version of Directx". I installed the program again and I am running Directx 10. I also am running the software in the compatibility mode for Windows XP.

Also I get the error message "MyHD IR receiver not found. Check your serial or USB port and IR Receiver". I have the receiver plugged into the USB port.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

bump

Loren
post #95 of 230 Old 06-23-2007, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

bump

Hi,

It's Summer Time.

People are on Vacation, like me.

As not one person has reported "MyHD on Vista Goal 1:" completed, I have not changed my recommendation as to running MyHD on Vista.

I do wonder, are you running with your shields down, that is turning off most of Vista's protection. That is required and unpleasant.

I myself cannot help as I lost my Vista Installation and I will perhaps not be trying Vista again before Fall.

However, I have seen your failure message when I had other Video / Audio software with codecs installed. I often had to restart several times to switch between editing Video and running MyHD.

The best plan would be to save your data, do a clean install of Vista and install only MyHD, CW_EPG if desired and Fusion if you have that tuner also.

Then get, build or ... a new computer for your other needs. That has been the advice for a long time now and I am in the process of doing so myself. I have given up using my very powerful computer for multiple things, HTPC only usage is the only way to go. Also Unpleasant

Stephen H. Fischer
post #96 of 230 Old 06-25-2007, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have had MyHD in my HTPC for years and it normally works with no problems. I had plans on slowly upgrading a entire system, but still using XP. But our other PC died so I am in the process of turning over my current HTPC for normal use and building a brand new HTPC instead.

Right now being able to record using the MyHD is the heart of my HTPC. But now if I am to build a new HTPC I assume I would have to get Vista. Is this correct? I normally do not want a new "Windows" product until it has been bug-free for a while, but I am impatient due to not have my HTPC.

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS
post #97 of 230 Old 06-25-2007, 06:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I believe that you can still buy new machines from some vendors with XP preinstalled. Of course, there's always the option to upgrade a computer to WinXP, no matter what OS came preinstalled. Or maybe now is the time to roll your own HTPC? Then the choice of OS is completely yours.
post #98 of 230 Old 06-25-2007, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am planning on building this one all by myself. I have had a long learning experience (some good and some bad) the last week working with the two current PC's.

So I could actually still buy Windows XP to use with any setup?

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS
post #99 of 230 Old 06-25-2007, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgathright View Post

I am planning on building this one all by myself. I have had a long learning experience (some good and some bad) the last week working with the two current PC's.

So I could actually still buy Windows XP to use with any setup?

Sure! Last I checked windows XP OEM home was all over the place for around $80. Directron.com is one of my favs along with newegg and zipzoomfly. Check out Amazon and buy.com too.
post #100 of 230 Old 07-14-2007, 11:40 PM

Has anyone found a solution to the bluescreen problem when resuming from hybrid sleep mode? I've been able to get everything else to work fine with little effort, but this one's got me stumped.
post #101 of 230 Old 07-15-2007, 06:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwbear View Post

Has anyone found a solution to the bluescreen problem when resuming from hybrid sleep mode? I've been able to get everything else to work fine with little effort, but this one's got me stumped.

Try turning off hybrid sleep in the power options and then using hibernate instead of sleep. I know its not as nice but that is probably as good as it is going to get.
post #102 of 230 Old 07-15-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldet5 View Post

Try turning off hybrid sleep in the power options and then using hibernate instead of sleep. I know its not as nice but that is probably as good as it is going to get.

Unfortunately that won't work for me. I use this machine as a media server and I need to be able to wake the system remotely.

I upgraded this system because of the power management features in Vista. I was never able to get XP to sleep in low power mode, and I don't want to leave this 500 watt machine running all the time.

Anyone check with Macro Image Technology to see if Vista drivers are coming? Since it's a current product I would think they'd support it at some point.
post #103 of 230 Old 07-15-2007, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Unfortunately that won't work for me. I use this machine as a media server and I need to be able to wake the system remotely.

I upgraded this system because of the power management features in Vista. I was never able to get XP to sleep in low power mode, and I don't want to leave this 500 watt machine running all the time.

Anyone check with Macro Image Technology to see if Vista drivers are coming? Since it's a current product I would think they'd support it at some point.

I thought hibernate would wake the same?

There has not been any developement on the MIT product for over a year. Maybe its two....I lose count. Don't wait for drivers as everyone has heard nada.
post #104 of 230 Old 07-15-2007, 04:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Look on the MyHD box. Do you see the list there of what OSes are supported? Do you see WinV included?? I didn't think so.

If WinV can't wake from S4 (hibernation) remotely, then you should upgrade your system to WinXP, because I wake WinXP systems remotely from S4 all the time.
post #105 of 230 Old 07-15-2007, 04:47 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post

Look on the MyHD box. Do you see the list there of what OSes are supported? Do you see WinV included?? I didn't think so.

If WinV can't wake from S4 (hibernation) remotely, then you should upgrade your system to WinXP, because I wake WinXP systems remotely from S4 all the time.

Terry - Vista (obviously) didn't exist when the boxes were printed and it's not exactly crazy for people to ask if it will be supported at some point. The poor guy wasn't getting up on a soap box and slamming MIT for not doing so yet - he was just asking if it was going to happen. I'm sure there are lots of products that don't mention Vista support on the box that will get new drivers sooner or later, though most of them will obviously be from bigger companies that have the resources to make this more practical. No need to jump down his throat...
post #106 of 230 Old 07-15-2007, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Terry just really hates Vista, DRM, and the horse they rode in on.

Not crazy about DRM, the BS Flag, etc myself...

Nothin personal
post #107 of 230 Old 07-15-2007, 05:44 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:

Terry just really hates Vista, DRM, and the horse they rode in on.

Not crazy about DRM, the BS Flag, etc myself...

Nothin personal

Can't disagree with any of that myself - I just saw no need to jump down someone's throat for asking a reasonably innocent question (and I've had a bad day with car problems so I should be the one he gets to be mean)...
post #108 of 230 Old 07-16-2007, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post

I'm not sure why you were even looking at my previous message. I suggest you stop reading the MyHD on VISTA thread if mention of Vista upsets you.

Many things run on XP that weren't designed to. Same goes for Vista. I can't use the hibernate mode even if remote wake-up works, (and haven't even tried to) because I need the PC to wake up very quickly. S3 works great for that.

Anyone else out there have any constructive information?
post #109 of 230 Old 07-16-2007, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm not sure why you were even looking at my previous message. I suggest you stop reading the MyHD on VISTA thread if mention of Vista upsets you.

Many things run on XP that weren't designed to. Same goes for Vista. I can't use the hibernate mode even if remote wake-up works, (and haven't even tried to) because I need the PC to wake up very quickly. S3 works great for that.

Anyone else out there have any constructive information?

Terry did confirm that you should be able to use hibernate and wake remotely. If you are not willing to work with that then I believe you need to return/sell your MYHD card and move on to the Fusion card, HD Home run, etc.
post #110 of 230 Old 07-16-2007, 04:05 PM

Quote:

Terry did confirm that you should be able to use hibernate and wake remotely. If you are not willing to work with that then I believe you need to return/sell your MYHD card and move on to the Fusion card, HD Home run, etc.

OK - We've covered dropping Vista and we've covered getting rid of the MyHD card. Let's assume I'm going to do neither and instead try to find a different work around for this problem. I am posting this in the MyHD on Vista thread so I think it's reasonable to expect that additional responses (if any) will be from people interested in helping to get MyHD to work on Vista and not those that don't think it can or should be done.

Has anyone tried hibernating to a memory key? If it can be done does it speed up the wake up time of the system?
post #111 of 230 Old 07-16-2007, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

OK - We've covered dropping Vista and we've covered getting rid of the MyHD card. Let's assume I'm going to do neither and instead try to find a different work around for this problem. I am posting this in the MyHD on Vista thread so I think it's reasonable to expect that additional responses (if any) will be from people interested in helping to get MyHD to work on Vista and not those that don't think it can or should be done.

Has anyone tried hibernating to a memory key? If it can be done does it speed up the wake up time of the system?

I haven't seen where the actual OS coming out of hibernate is all that slow. You still have to wait for the Mboard to post which is probably most of the time coming out of hibernate?

Interesting thought using a memkey for hibernate but I haven't found the need to try that yet.

If you look back a couple of pages or so you will see that I posted the same issue with the MYHD card coming out of sleep so I have seen the problem first hand. I don't believe there is any resolution except hibernate to the hard disk. Just the way it is.
post #112 of 230 Old 09-06-2007, 03:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Hi,

In reading the document nothing jumped out at me except the size of the download, 1 Gig.

There might be some hibernation / sleep improvements.

I saw noted in KB 938979 http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=7345605

"After you resume the computer from hibernation, it takes a long time to display the logon screen."

I lost my Vista installation and have not had time to rebuild it (Camping).

I am still waiting:

"As not one person has reported "MyHD on Vista Goal 1:" completed, I have not changed my recommendation as to running MyHD on Vista."

Stephen H. Fischer
post #113 of 230 Old 09-24-2007, 11:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I just found a link to this:

http://www.bbspot.com:80/News/2007/0...nstall-xp.html

Should the date on my computer be 04/01/07?
post #114 of 230 Old 04-26-2008, 01:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Hi,

I may be trying MyHD on WinV again.

As I will soon have a new laptop with WinV and will be installing WinV on my Video Processor PC it makes sense to try and move to just one OS including my HTPC.

But as MyHD, Fusion 5 (Fusion 7 USB in addition some of the time perhaps) and CW_EPG are working so beautifully in Windows XP, WinV has to do just as well.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I wish to ask if anyone is running CW_EPG on WinV meeting the main points in:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...15#post9627015

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have been waiting for someone to report this before changing my recommendation about MyHD on WinV but there has been no reports about running CW_EPG on WinV that I have seen.

This is very puzzling!

Stephen H. Fischer
post #115 of 230 Old 06-03-2008, 09:07 AM

Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post

Can't disagree with any of that myself - I just saw no need to jump down someone's throat for asking a reasonably innocent question (and I've had a bad day with car problems so I should be the one he gets to be mean)...

This isn't the first time he has done that. My personal experience with his attitude was when I had the gall to use a dual core CPU and then ask for help solving a problem with MyHD. It is the reason I stopped appending to the MyHD thread.

Too bad he drives people away while supposedly trying to help.
post #116 of 230 Old 06-03-2008, 09:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Sooo....how's that dual core doing for you? (Mine're working fine, thanks)
post #117 of 230 Old 06-03-2008, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

quad core now

Jim White
St. Petersburg, FL
post #118 of 230 Old 06-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
Are there any advantages to using Vista over XP Pro SP3?

My XP install crashed and burned. I decided to try my Vista 64 Ultimate copy...Had no luck getting my Philips sound card and the MyHD drivers to install.

Tried my Vista Ult. 32 bit copy, got the drivers to load, then started getting those unsupported OS dialogs popping up with MyHD.

After all this, appears my HDD is failing, since I finally lost bootablity.

When I get a new HDD, should I just install XP Pro?
post #119 of 230 Old 06-03-2008, 06:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I would.
post #120 of 230 Old 06-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
Thanks Terry,

Yep, though it feels odd leaving these Vista discs on a shelf....as long as I have My 100 and 120 cards, I'll just stick with XP.

They have been so stable on XP these days, that's why I have been away from the threads
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page