More are shipping today, stay tuned!!!

Woo Hoo!
post #273 of 1315 Old 03-23-2007, 10:25 AM
bow

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you Chris for keeping us all up to date on the latest developments, especially in light of the how pre-occupied you must be given the latest addition to your family! I am like a little kid in a candy shop waiting for my system to ship.

Current System
Velocity CineMagix Grand Theater HTPC
E6600 CPU
2048 DDR2 PC5300
eVGA 7900 GS
550 Watt Antec True Power PS
post #274 of 1315 Old 03-23-2007, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

Does anyone know...? Who shipped first, Velocity Micro or Niveus?
post #275 of 1315 Old 03-23-2007, 10:37 AM

My system: CineMagix S85 Home Entertainment PC with dual internal DCTs
Order date: 3/2/07
Estimated ship date: 3/18/07
Order status as of 3/23/07:
Order Received: Cleared
Payment Approved: Cleared
Staged for Assembly: No
In Assembly: No
Complete: No
post #276 of 1315 Old 03-23-2007, 10:38 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks for everyone's patience. I am as frustrated with some of the hold ups as you are. We will continue to keep customer's aprised as to the situation. Those who have systems shipping will get an automatic email.

As far as I know, Niveus shipped their OCUR-enabled PCs this week but are waiting for AMD's firmware upgrade before shipping the external tuners.
post #277 of 1315 Old 03-23-2007, 10:53 AM

Status update: I just got the e-mail that my system has been staged for assembly!!! I can't wait!
post #278 of 1315 Old 03-23-2007, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickhuizinga View Post

Status update: I just got the e-mail that my system has been staged for assembly!!! I can't wait!

don't get too excited - they still don't have any cable card readers. their waiting for a fix.
post #279 of 1315 Old 03-23-2007, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk718 View Post

don't get too excited - they still don't have any cable card readers. their waiting for a fix.

Actually they do have some tuners. Chris can confirm, but I think if it reaches that stage, they have all the parts.
post #280 of 1315 Old 03-23-2007, 02:20 PM
Advanced Member

Anybody who has to wait on more tuners will receive a Best Buy gift certificate for compensation. We will have a better idea of who is affected by this next week. Again, sincerest apologies (still waiting for AMD to offer the same).
post #281 of 1315 Old 03-24-2007, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMorley View Post

Anybody who has to wait on more tuners will receive a Best Buy gift certificate for compensation. We will have a better idea of who is affected by this next week. Again, sincerest apologies (still waiting for AMD to offer the same).

thats very nice of you chris - thank you very much!! Its nice to deal with a reputable company
post #282 of 1315 Old 03-25-2007, 09:28 AM

I know Velocity is very busy now with new systems.

Have there been any thoughts in the marketing department that in the future people with Cablecard compatible systems will be able to purchase a tuner, and send their computers in for an "upgrade" to make them compliant (and usable) with Cablecard?

Sounds like a good way to increase revenue if it is allowable.
post #283 of 1315 Old 03-25-2007, 09:37 AM
Advanced Member

We offer a lifetime upgrade plan where, if you have purchased a system from us previous, we will perform upgrades and warranty the work for a small labor fee and discounted component prices.

Unfortunately, we can not be responsible for home-brews and other manufacturers' systems, so we cannot simply take someone's system and turn it into a CableCARD system.
post #284 of 1315 Old 03-25-2007, 12:48 PM

Chris - would you recommend this remote?

http://www.gearlog.com/2007/03/hands...w_gyration.php

2 more questions regarding data:

Can you edit out commercials and store the new data or do you have do store the full 30 min episodes?

Can you transfer and watch unencrypted HD (ABC,CBS,NBC, PBS) on a laptop without a problem?

Thanks

Aly Sergie
post #285 of 1315 Old 03-25-2007, 01:15 PM

Chris, I talked with you on the phone for awhile on Weds. and thought the computer was to ship Thursday or Friday. You told me previously that I was #5 in line. I've been out of town for the last few days, and have not received any shipping notification. If, as your previous posts stated, that units have shipped, does that mean that less than five have gone?

Bob
post #286 of 1315 Old 03-25-2007, 01:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingDoc View Post

Chris, I talked with you on the phone for awhile on Weds. and thought the computer was to ship Thursday or Friday. You told me previously that I was #5 in line. I've been out of town for the last few days, and have not received any shipping notification. If, as your previous posts stated, that units have shipped, does that mean that less than five have gone?

Bob

You were 5th on my list that I handed to production, I will try to figure out more on Monday...it's out of my hands right now in terms of actually getting them out the door, although I am doing what I can to assist.
post #287 of 1315 Old 03-25-2007, 02:15 PM

Quote:

You were 5th on my list that I handed to production, I will try to figure out more on Monday...it's out of my hands right now in terms of actually getting them out the door, although I am doing what I can to assist.

That's fine. Though like I said in the phone call, I have Comcast coming out on Weds. to put in the card based on a shipping date of Thursday or Friday, with two day shipping. If it turns out that's not a correct date, than I need to reschedule Comcast, which unfortunately has about a 2 week wait to get them to come out again.
post #288 of 1315 Old 03-25-2007, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamsergie View Post

Chris - would you recommend this remote?

I'm not Chris, but I do have a Gyration mouse based on the same air technology. I liked it, except that it worked as both a in air mouse & a regular cordless mouse...as such the battery life was fairly short for me, usually a few days & sometimes less than a day, however since this doesn't seem to have the table mouse function (and why should it), batter life should be pretty good. If I had the dollars, I'd probably grab one.
post #289 of 1315 Old 03-25-2007, 04:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingDoc View Post

That's fine. Though like I said in the phone call, I have Comcast coming out on Weds. to put in the card based on a shipping date of Thursday or Friday, with two day shipping. If it turns out that's not a correct date, than I need to reschedule Comcast, which unfortunately has about a 2 week wait to get them to come out again.

OK, let me check tomorrow...
post #290 of 1315 Old 03-26-2007, 08:09 AM

Chris, I have question about the daily useage of this system under Vista MCE. Im assuming you guys over at VM have put these configs to the test. Would this scenario be realistic? Recording 2 HD shows, watching a previous recording, watching another show (in another room) with an Xbox360 extender, etc., all at the same time? Also, I may be watching a Blue-ray disc or just a regular DVD instead of that other recorded show. Basically, how much horsepower is needed to ensure smooth, error-free recordings while these other tasks are happening at the same time?
post #291 of 1315 Old 03-26-2007, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamsergie View Post

2 more questions regarding data:

Can you edit out commercials and store the new data or do you have do store the full 30 min episodes?

Can you transfer and watch unencrypted HD (ABC,CBS,NBC, PBS) on a laptop without a problem?

Thanks

No, you can not edit protected content at all.

I believe recordings done with a CableCARD will all be protected, no matter what content. If you want unencrypted, you will need to remove the CableCARD and record unencrypted QAM. Then you will be able to move them around.

Chris L
post #292 of 1315 Old 03-26-2007, 08:23 AM

But you can still add a 3rd and 4th OTA HD cards "in addition" to the cable cards and record local HD channels without having to remove the cablecards, correct?
post #293 of 1315 Old 03-26-2007, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Yes. Then you can move those recordings as much as you want. They record just as they do today on home built Vista and MCE 2005 machines.

Chris
post #294 of 1315 Old 03-26-2007, 08:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by intofx View Post

Chris, I have question about the daily useage of this system under Vista MCE. Im assuming you guys over at VM have put these configs to the test. Would this scenario be realistic? Recording 2 HD shows, watching a previous recording, watching another show (in another room) with an Xbox360 extender, etc., all at the same time? Also, I may be watching a Blue-ray disc or just a regular DVD instead of that other recorded show. Basically, how much horsepower is needed to ensure smooth, error-free recordings while these other tasks are happening at the same time?

You're golden watching, recording, and/or streaming with a Core 2 Duo proc - with the current state of Blu-ray decoding on today's vid cards I'd recommend a quad core if you want to throw Blu-ray into the mix at the same time. It's ok with MPEG-2 or VC1 on a dual core, but I tested X-Men 3 in H.264 and it's brutal.
post #295 of 1315 Old 03-26-2007, 08:35 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
chris,

i want to order my media center pc from velocitymicro. but i was told that the ati cable cards are not in stock because ati is the process of updating the firmware. do you think amd proc is just as good as the intel when it comes to encoding?
post #296 of 1315 Old 03-26-2007, 10:27 AM

Quote:

OK, let me check tomorrow...

Any word Chris?
post #297 of 1315 Old 03-26-2007, 11:37 AM

I just got the word that my system is built and in quality control. If all goes well, it will ship today.

I called my cable company (Brighthouse), to set-up the appointment for cablecard installation.

No so easy, first they said they did not have cards for DCT or Vista. Then they said they were transferring the call to Roadrunner (their internet division) because a computer was involved. I asked for a supervisor.

Gary (GD2) indicated that they will not support Vista at this time and probably not until sometime into mid 2008. I RELLAY pushed the issue and he spoke to the engineers who indicated they MIGHT be willing to try it. I am supposed to get a call with the answer in a few hours.

If that fails, I will call back and just give my tv model numbers to get the cards and then surprise the installer.
post #298 of 1315 Old 03-26-2007, 11:44 AM

Congratulations to VM for getting these shipped out the door at a (relative to competitors at this time in the same market) good price point.

Douglas Thigpen
post #299 of 1315 Old 03-26-2007, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkennedy96 View Post

I just got the word that my system is built and in quality control. If all goes well, it will ship today.

I called my cable company (Brighthouse), to set-up the appointment for cablecard installation.

No so easy, first they said they did not have cards for DCT or Vista. Then they said they were transferring the call to Roadrunner (their internet division) because a computer was involved. I asked for a supervisor.

Gary (GD2) indicated that they will not support Vista at this time and probably not until sometime into mid 2008. I RELLAY pushed the issue and he spoke to the engineers who indicated they MIGHT be willing to try it. I am supposed to get a call with the answer in a few hours.

If that fails, I will call back and just give my tv model numbers to get the cards and then surprise the installer.

All you need to do is get those cards activated and paired with the tuners and you're golden. It's the same process as with a TV.

Everyone is getting a hand-signed letter from me apologizing for the delay and enumerating a couple of "gotchas" until a firmware update is issued next month. Max, your system was just boxed up and I personally saw it on the dock.

Working hard to make sure all of you get setup info in the form of an email. If you do not get it by the time you get your system and are at a loss, please let me know and I'll make sure to email it out to you directly.
post #300 of 1315 Old 03-26-2007, 12:20 PM

Chris, have you considered the option of a touch screen case to the lineup? I've been checking out the systems offered by Cellar Cinemas for some time (waiting for cable cards to be added). I really like the option of a touch screen case that they offer which affords the ability to program DVR functions, play music, etc, without having to turn on the TV.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page