New fun on the install front... As I had finally got everything setup I moved the computer to its final location, and when I reconnected everything - no TV!
If I go to TV in MCE or if I try to setup TV Signal, I am told I have no tuner present. I tried repeating this process with and without a CableCArd installed. I checked around, following some of the checks that Chris had suggested on my initial install (such as reinstalling the drivers for the DCT), all to no avail. The only clue that something isn't right is that in the Network window the DCT is listed, but the icon is different than before (now it shows the generic windows device icon) and the name includes "(safe)" in the title. I am guessing this is a good hint, but I cannot for the life of me get the device out of its "safe" mode.
The only thing that I think I may have done wrong is after the fact I realized that before I disconnected the power cord the computer was in Sleep mode, not completely shutdown. While it gave me the "windows improper shutdown" message, I can't see why this would throw the DCT for a loop - my process mimics a power outage - which I believe a computer should be able to handle.