Originally Posted by jclausing
I have a similar problem, one tuner is perfect and the other will not tune premium HD (HBO, ESPN) or any non-HD premium channels (any HBO or Showtime). Chris from VM tried a few things but all appeared to be working. They are going to send a new internal tuner so we will see if that cures it. Sounds like a lot of us are 95% there, working well but not quite 100%.
I have experienced the same issue twice, and thought I'd relay my experience with this issue. When I first received my VM box, one of the tuners was DOA. After figuring that out (and figuring out that I needed to turn the windows firewall off for the working tuner for MCE to see it), we got everything paired and working, including Encore, but none of the HBO stations would come in. They would show a single frame or so, then freeze up, and eventually give me the No Signal error message. Again, Encore was working, which made this pretty strange. Comcast tried multiple things re-sending hits, inits, etc., but we could never get them up. I got off the phone with them, figuring I'd call Chris the next day, and even tested that night, more than 4 hours later, still having the same HBO issue. Eventually, I just gave up for the night and left the machine on. The next morning, I tested, and it all worked!
I just received the replacement tuner for my 2nd tuner yesterday. When I added it, MCE wanted to re-pair both tuners. so after they sent the init and hit, they both exhibited the same issue of not being able to see HBO, but Encore worked fine. Again, I waited until about 1 hour later, leaving the machine on (not watching TV), and it wasn't working. About 5 hours later, it started working.
My guess is, at least around Seattle, the HBO init/hit is just taking a really long time to get down to the cablecards. I hope, for your guys' sake, that you are seeing the same problem, and it'll just work the next day.
Chris, you might get a message from your Tech Support about my new second tuner not working, I figured out the issue, and will shoot you an e-mail about it, as it required some registry changes to fix.