X-Meridian Troubles - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-15-2007, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know there are quite a few X-Meridian owners around here, so I thought I would come here and ask around just in case someone has had my problem and found a resolution.

When I'm installing my drivers half the time my PC will crash, or if they do get installed the first time any audio plays my PC black screens. Twice I did manage to get it to play sound. However, the sound was running at about 1/4 speed. I watched the time in winamp and it was moving at 1/4 speed. I could watch it flicker back and forth between 2 and 3 seconds. I've never seen anything quite like that.

I've tried the card both in Vista and XP *freshly formatted*. It doesn't work properly under either OS. My system isn't bleeding edge, but its not and old hunk of junk either. Also, the X-Meridian is the only PCI card in my system. Onboard sound is disabled. I've tried everything I can think of and I'm not finding a solution. Auzentech said it is a known issue and that they suggest moving it to a difference PCI slot *tried all 3 slots* and checking for IRQ conflcits. There were no conflicts when I checked device manager.
PC specs are:
ASRock 939Dual-Sata2
Opteron 146
X1800XT
2GB Ram

Has anyone else experience this problem and found a resolution? Does anyone have any ideas for me to try when I get home this evening. I'd really hate to have to return this card for a refund. I'm wanting to integrate my gaming PC into my home theater for movies, music, and gaming and its fighting me every step of the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-15-2007, 09:42 AM

Have you tried the card with other computer? Maybe the card is faulty, I never heard of the problem before but if Auzentech said it is a known issue, maybe the card is working but it is incompatible with your mobo.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-15-2007, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member

I have not had this issue. It seems like you have checked the obvious stuff. It's possible that another memory resident program is causing it gried. Other than that, it might just be a bad card.
post #4 of 4 Old 03-15-2007, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

When I get home I'll try it in another PC. I had to reformat the PC I use for a router/file server last night so I might as well go ahead and pop this in while I have it out and opened up. If it doesn't work in that PC I'll ship it off for a replacement. If it works in my other PC I might hang onto it. I'm going to be upgrading to a quad core setup around Q3 '07 when intel has their price drop. Sound card technology progresses somewhat slow, so its not like it'll be outdated like a videocard would be. :P

My LM4562 opamps were delivered and now I have nothing to put them in.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page