HELP with PC to TV connections - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-25-2007, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What a great source for A/V information on this site. I'm a beginner/novice to HTPCs and was hoping you pros could help me out.

I'm putting together a list to build my first HTPC. But I'm stuck trying to figure out what kind of video card to choose as far as TV-out connections. My TV is mounted above the fireplace which is connected in-wall through HDMI from to my Yamaha RX-V2600. I do not want to run external wires nor do i want to run additional in-wall cabling to accommodate DVI, VGA, etc. I do have a set of COMPONENT cables in-wall that I'm not using though. Whatever it is, I need make my connection to the receiver. As some of you may know, my receiver does not have a DVI/VGA-IN port. So here's the dilemma...

Do I:

A. Video Card with DVI out (DVI to HDMI or even Component)
B. Video Card with HDMI out (straight HDMI connection)
C. Video Card with VGA out (I dont think this one would make much sense for me)
D. Video Card with Component out

Which option would provide the best performance. If I have to resort to a conversion(such as DVI to HDMI...), are there any significant perfomance loss? Any input or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Currently my receiver's 2 HDMI-ins are occupied. I could do a bit of switching around from HDMI to COMP for some of my peripherals to accommodate the HTPC.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page