Thanks much for your help (I actually got things working on my own somehow and have only just seen you message...but thank you for your kind words)!
After weeks of success however, I am very saddened...
...about 2 weeks ago I needed to stop my marathon batch ripping with EAC and MediaChanger to address my demo reel. I am hoping to get a job with the World of Warcraft guys (check it out here to give weight to me not being a total technical moron: http://brettmc.com/demoreel_08.htm
). But this bum Dell I use has given me problems since day 1 and I was having trouble getting After Effects up and running. So I installed a new nvidia driver and whamo! MediaChanger and EAC running Wetmore's setup went down.
...well, not exactly. Previous to this, I was having some hic-ups, switching between the VGP-XL1B and a slot load samsung CD/DVD drive and running the EAC/REACT setup to fill in the missed rips from the XL1B. And the other variable was that I connected an external IEEE 1394 firewire drive to an always buggy firewire card I installed a couple years back (yeah, I know, I'm screwed).
I cannot verify if it was the drive switching that corrupted something or the addition of the external drive or the silly nvidia driver, but I have done my best to undo these changes. I've tried everything to get the Wetmore setup working again and/or MediaChangerGUI with no luck.
All drivers seem to be updated, although I cannot find the hotfix posted anywhere anymore. RMS is disabled. I have tested other firewire chords (couldn't hurt). The XL1B comes up as Sony DVD/CD-ROM and in the course of updating the drivers, it appears that under Device Manager>Medium Changers the former PowerFile 200 is now Sony VGP-XL1B....? Guess I don't need the hotfix.
Troubleshooting Thoughts (Please bear with me guys...!):
MediaChanger seems to be able to get info from the XL1B, but cannot control it.
1) Can MediaChangerGUI and MediaChanger (Wetmore setup) become disassociated with the XL1B and the scripts/programs be altered by running the Wetmore setup with the 'non-changer' drive?
2) Does REACT config with EAC make changes to any of the aforementioned scripts/programs if drives are changed?
3) Under Device Manager was 'Media Changers' formerly 'Media Changer'? I looked at the ChangerControl.cpp under the Wetmore setup (I have no idea what it is/does) and it says 'Media Changer' and not 'Media Changers'.
4) Drive letter for the XL1B I believe has been constant. Can I see evidence of deviation in any of the following: REACT, EAC, MediaChangerGUI or MediaChanger (Wetmore)?
5) Do I need to get the Sony VGP-XL1B to relist as PowerFile 200 under Device Manager, if so how? (this just changed and i don't think it's the problem. It didn't work as PowerFile 200 20 minutes ago).
5) The XL1B is busted? But it powers up fine, everything physically moves and works. How could I verify this?
I humbly thank all of you for putting up with my lack of expertise in programing/scripting and most things technical and want to thank MediaDogg and Mr. Wetmore for all their efforts.
Shizzle, if you have any words of advice, I would greatly appreciate them. If anyone can suggest anything that might help me finish this almost complete project, I would be forever grateful!!!!!
I have successfully ripped 535 discs and have about 100 more to go (and really want to pack all this junk up and get on with gettin' on)!
Thank you all very much.