Forum Jump: 
post #3901 of 3905 Unread Yesterday, 11:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaiv View Post
We are still looking for VGX-XL201/202 users who might be interested in testing the new release, please PM me if your interested. VGX-XL3/301/302 have been tested successfully however we are still accepting new testers with these systems if anyone is interested.
Hello, John!
Can't send pm to anyone, because have a low post count
I can test new bios on P5-BW, that was pulled from XL201 if it still needed.

Stanislav.
REnninga likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3902 of 3905 Unread Today, 12:53 AM
Advanced Member

Location: "Hopelessly Lost in the Digital Wilderness" - Pacific Northwest Coast of the USA
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Mr.Big BIOS Update v.1.2 Beta tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepocuhka View Post
Hello, John!
Can't send pm to anyone, because have a low post count
I can test new bios on P5-BW, that was pulled from XL201 if it still needed.

Stanislav.

Hello Stanislav. Great to hear from you!

You are already set up to join us in the Beta Test forum, your account is unlocked and you are assigned "moderator" status again. All you need to do now is click on the link (below) and enter your user name and password that you used for our previous Beta testing. Here's the link:

http://htpc.jwaiv.co.uk/Forum/index.php

I don't know how frequently John monitors this forum thread (I keep an eye on it), so I will also send this reply to you by 'PM' and also a copy to your previous email address, and I will copy John with both replies. Best regards, and ....

Cheers!
Robert.

©REnninga. All rights reserved. Reuse of the above post in whole or in part is prohibited.
VAIO VGX-XL3 (x2) * Windows 10 T.P. [64-bit] * Xeon X3230 Quad 2.66GHz * 8GB PC2-6400 * 3D Blu-ray BD-R/RE
VAIO VGX-XL2A * Windows 10 T.P. [32-bit] * Pentium D 960 Dual 3.60GHz * 4GB PC2-5300 * Blu-ray BD-RE
VAIO VGP-XL1B / XL1B2 (x2) 200-Disc Media Changers * DVD/CD-RW
VAIO VGP-XL1B Media Server * 20x HDD 'RAID10' * 3D Blu-ray BDXL (project in progress)
post #3903 of 3905 Unread Today, 07:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Hi all, long time no sqwawk, been very busy with other hobbies and family stuff....

Right! Thats the pleasantries over

Down to business, I just installed the new bios 1.2 and went to enable ahci, did the registry mods to enable in Windows etc etc all to no avail.

I cannot get my machine to boot in ahci mode.... What am I missing?

Cheers,
Al.

Found it, it was the start key for atapi! Changed that to zero as well as the others and whppiedoo...... Although the 'Worthless Experience Index' has now dropped from 6.9 to 6.0 ???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	582937  

2x XL301 Intel 80 Gb SSD, 4Gb ram, ATI HD6670, E6700, USB HDTV Nano DVBT2, TBS DVBS2 satellite cards, Windows 7 Ultimate
1 x XL100 2 Gb Ram 6Tb Storage running Windows Home Server
Samsung 46ES8000 smart TV

Last edited by Sid the cat; Today at 08:25 AM. Reason: Success
post #3904 of 3905 Unread Today, 10:52 AM
Advanced Member

Location: "Hopelessly Lost in the Digital Wilderness" - Pacific Northwest Coast of the USA
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Beta Test Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid the cat View Post
Hi all, long time no sqwawk, been very busy with other hobbies and family stuff....

Right! Thats the pleasantries over

Down to business, I just installed the new bios 1.2 and went to enable ahci, did the registry mods to enable in Windows etc etc all to no avail.

I cannot get my machine to boot in ahci mode.... What am I missing?

Cheers,
Al.

Found it, it was the start key for atapi! Changed that to zero as well as the others and whppiedoo...... Although the 'Worthless Experience Index' has now dropped from 6.9 to 6.0 ???
Hello Al,

Long time indeed. Good to hear from you, and glad you found the additional registry change. You are correct, Windows Experience Index is "worthless" HA! Give Passmark Performance Test 8 a spin if you want some more reliable "before and after" upgrades feedback:

http://passmark.com/products/pt.htm

Al, be sure to post all questions and Beta test feedback in the Beta Test forum, rather than this thread (so that we can keep all of the relevant feedback in one place):

http://htpc.jwaiv.co.uk/Forum/index.php

Cheers!
Robert.
PS. How's Sid?

©REnninga. All rights reserved. Reuse of the above post in whole or in part is prohibited.
VAIO VGX-XL3 (x2) * Windows 10 T.P. [64-bit] * Xeon X3230 Quad 2.66GHz * 8GB PC2-6400 * 3D Blu-ray BD-R/RE
VAIO VGX-XL2A * Windows 10 T.P. [32-bit] * Pentium D 960 Dual 3.60GHz * 4GB PC2-5300 * Blu-ray BD-RE
VAIO VGP-XL1B / XL1B2 (x2) 200-Disc Media Changers * DVD/CD-RW
VAIO VGP-XL1B Media Server * 20x HDD 'RAID10' * 3D Blu-ray BDXL (project in progress)

Last edited by REnninga; Today at 10:57 AM.
post #3905 of 3905 Unread Today, 11:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hi, all!
Robert and John, thanks for the reminder, I had forgotten about the existence of this small but cozy forum. In the near future, I will leave my comment about the test.

By the way, I was interested in new and no less ambitious project. We formed a group of enthusiasts, who take used computers as a gift, and after the cleaning and maintenance give them to needy children, is not uncommon in children's homes. Yesterday we had a kind of anniversary, 18 months of the project, we finally broke the mark the hundredth donated a computer and do not intend to stop there.

Best wishes!
Stanislav.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Sony , Blu Ray Players , Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread - 250gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page