Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you "Super Duper XL3 Plus Extreme Pro"; 1.75TB (3 HDDs - C:250GB, D: 750GB (Multimedia Libraries), E: 750GB (Recorded TV & Multimedia Libraries Backup)), 3GB RAM, Dual OCUR Cablecards, Full HD 1080p. Attached are the images;
DSC03390.jpg - Behind the XL3 with a cablecard in each tuner with both green lights on each tuner on steady.
Dual_OCUR3.jpg - Each tuner pairing info shows up after several seconds.
Dual_OCUR4.jpg - It actually has two shows recording simultaneously, which I played back flawlessly.
So the procedure was;
1. Pop in the additional tuner. The driver for the additional OCUR tuner auto-installs and the tuner shows up along with other network devices.
2. Update the firmware for the new tuner. During this process, the ATI firmware updater discovers both OCUR tuners. You have to highlight which one you want to update before you click "Start" to update the firmware (highlighting either of the cards will automatically display the firmware version and other info for each tuner, this at least helps one realize which tuner to update its firmware).
3. If you already have an M-Card Cablecard in the original tuner, it has to be removed because only one M-Card is allowed per system/household (cable providers cannot provision more than one M-Card per system)*. Replace with one activated S-Card per cablecard slot.
4. With the use of a splitter, connect a Cable source to each tuner.
5. Rerun TV Signal setup and it will find two digital cable sources (image Dual_OCUR1.jpg).
6. Insert an S-Card cablecard into each tuner when required (image Dual_OCUR2.jpg) and follow the instructions to finish the setup.
Setup was really easy, although I noticed that downloading the Guide took a bit longer. It perhaps downloaded a guide for each tuner.
*M-Card cablecards are "Multi-Stream", which means that one M-Card in one (of two tuners' cablecard slot) can handle two tuners without each tuner needing a cablecard. This works in systems like Tivo, etc (we tried this route but was unsuccessful hence image Dual_OCUR2.jpg). But in systems like PCs it cannot work because each tuner individually communicates with the software....Enjoy.
As stable as my system is, I can finally return the STB to the provider and stop paying almost $20/month for an HD-DVR.
Now, what else/next am I gonna do?