Due to the growing problem in the HTPC area regarding which OS is best, we (the administration and moderators) have decided to set down a few rules regarding posting and thread starting. Since there is one main forum and two subforums, the threads shall be allocated as follows:
1. Main forum - Since the various iterations of Windows currently has the largest user base, this will be the area designated for any and all posts that relate to Windows hardware and software. This area is also designated for general discussions that are OS neutral or that the OS is not a consideration of any kind. This is also the place to discuss extreme minority OS's that do not fall under the umbrella of the other two subforums.
2. Mac Chat subforum - This is the place to discuss any software that runs on the Mac OS, and ONLY products that would be used on this platform. Consumer electronic products from Apple (such as the AppleTV, for example), can also be discussed here, but only when used with a Mac OS computer.
3. Linux Chat subforum - This is the place to discuss any Linux based software in all of its variations and any hardware that can be used with these platforms.
1. Mac/Windows crossplatform support will be confined to a single thread which is stickied in the main forum. Any and all other threads regarding crossplatform issues will simply be deleted without notice.
2. If enough members feel that a similar thread needs to be created for Linux/ Windows crossplatform concerns, we will be happy to do the same for you as we have done for the Mac/Windows people, but as of now no one seems to have any interest in such a thread.
3. Any threads started for the purpose of starting yet another "OS war" will be deleted without notice. Members who show a reckless disregard for this mandate will be banned, the first offense being temporary, but continued offense will result in a permanent ban from AVS. WE DO NOT WANT ANY MORE OS WARS!!!
Everyone has their favorite OS. Some people enjoy the benefits of more than one OS. Please support your OS(s) by posting in the appropriate forum(s). There is no need whatsoever to go on some sort of "religious" crusade to convince the guy on the other side that your OS is better than his. To each his own, and all OS's are welcome here at AVS. But OS zealots are not welcome. If you like your OS "religion" then great, support it, but LEAVE THE OTHER GUY ALONE!