DVD Ripper - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-10-2007, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What's the best DVD ripper? I took a look at the free apps thread but nothing seemed to be close enough (SmartRipper seems to be outdated and not even an image ripper). Is some flavor of Nero going to be my best option?

I want to rip select DVDs onto my harddrive and then mount them when I want to watch them. For instance, I want to load some Star Wars DVDs into my drive, rip the DVD into an .iso (or equivalent disc image--not movie files, but the pure, untouched disc image) so that later I can mount the image (using a utility), interact with the movie as if the actual disc was still in my DVD drive, and possibly burn the DVD at some point if I want.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yevot View Post

What's the best DVD ripper? I took a look at the free apps thread but nothing seemed to be close enough (SmartRipper seems to be outdated and not even an image ripper). Is some flavor of Nero going to be my best option?

I want to rip select DVDs onto my harddrive and then mount them when I want to watch them. For instance, I want to load some Star Wars DVDs into my drive, rip the DVD into an .iso (or equivalent disc image--not movie files, but the pure, untouched disc image) so that later I can mount the image (using a utility), interact with the movie as if the actual disc was still in my DVD drive, and possibly burn the DVD at some point if I want.

AnyDVD + DVD decrypter & DVD Shrink. DVD Shrink allows you to rip just the move without menus / special features while DVD Decrypter will create an ISO image of the whole DVD.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-10-2007, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member

This program:

http://www.dvdfab.com/

works pretty well for tough disks...though AnyDVD seems to be keeping on top of the various protection methods.

Ozy
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page