On the topic of audio from htpc via lcd hdtv. I have hooked up my HDTV to the htpc ( motherboard asus m2a-vm hdmi ) using a dvi from the pc to hdmi on the TV.
I am not getting sound when i play files via medi player, do I need another cable for sound, and if so where should i plug it into? The board has an hdmi port and spdif.
So am using the hdmi on the board to connect to the only HDMi on my TV.
The manual is crass really, and that is why I resulted to asking here. I have connected using dvi-hdmi and get a picture, also when I do hdmi-hdmi, I get a picture also.
Here are my parts:
1. Antec fusion case.....$184 cnd
2. lg dvd writer....$40.79 cnd
3. ASUS M2A-VM HDMI (AMD 690G) mainboard .....$92.99 cnd
4. Crucial Rendition 1GB DDR2 667/PC5300 240-pin ( 1.5gb ) $39.99 + $22.99
5. Western Digital (WD3200KS) Caviar 320GB SATAII 7200RPM 16MB Buffer (OEM)..............$84.99 cnd
6. AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (65W) Dual-Core Socket AM2, 2.2GHz, 512KB x2 L2 Cache, 2000MHz HT, 90nm (ADO4200CUBOX)........$122.99 cnd
7. OS....vista ultimate