Started new HTPC with Antec Fusion V2 case!! *with pics* - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 201 Old 08-18-2008, 03:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Very nice pics, TommyV.

I don't mean to threadjack, but I have a question about trying to find this case on the cheap. Today, I visited provantage to find that the case was listed twice. Once as the Fusion Media Center PC Enclosure (priced at $156.87) and once as a new listing, entitled "Home Theater PC Enclosure 120MM Fans Black with Remote & Media Management Software" (priced at $138.15). The latter apparently is made by Antec, comes with a remote and media management software and looks just like a Fusion.

I am wondering whether this new listing is legit. Has the price on the fusion come down? Is Antec now including a remote? If so, I'm going to have to put the soft sell on my better half.

URL for the new package: http://www.provantage.com/~7ANTG053.htm

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 201 Old 08-18-2008, 04:00 PM

From what I can tell and I found the exact item on provantage last friday, the Antec Remote is the same but add the remote and software and lost the 430 watt power supply. I'm thinking about the remote version since I was going to replace the power supply anyways but I don't need the remote since my Harmony remote will controll MCE.
I've read about issues with the VFD and changing the power supply so if the remote version comes with a universal power adapter for the VFD, it's a better option for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobZoron View Post

Very nice pics, TommyV.

I don't mean to threadjack, but I have a question about trying to find this case on the cheap. Today, I visited provantage to find that the case was listed twice. Once as the Fusion Media Center PC Enclosure (priced at $156.87) and once as a new listing, entitled "Home Theater PC Enclosure 120MM Fans Black with Remote & Media Management Software" (priced at $138.15). The latter apparently is made by Antec, comes with a remote and media management software and looks just like a Fusion.

I am wondering whether this new listing is legit. Has the price on the fusion come down? Is Antec now including a remote? If so, I'm going to have to put the soft sell on my better half.

URL for the new package: http://www.provantage.com/~7ANTG053.htm

Thanks in advance.

post #183 of 201 Old 08-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Excellent post and thanks to TommyV for starting it. I am also considering Antec HTPC cases. Which of these 2 options is better -

1. Antec NSK2480 ($84 at provantage) + remote+IR package, + lcd/vfd if needed (like an imon. To be honest I don't really see any value in this and they seem to cause more trouble than its worth). I can also see using the free drive bay to add a card reader instead of display.

2. Fusion 430, all builtin.
post #184 of 201 Old 10-15-2008, 07:24 PM

Hi Guys... Hope you can help with this issue...

I have connected my Fusion Remote box and all is ok except the power to the LCD/IR.. I can see a 3 pin female and i believe that is meant to connect to the cable coming from the power supply... The first time i did this SOME BAD RESULTS... this wire started to melt.. well the plastic around it.. and I quickly turned it off and unplugged this cable all together..

Could this cable have been connected wrong - ie wrong colour cables?????

Also i have read on this post some people say the LCD should be connected straight into the motherboard ??? So i am confused should it be the motherboard or should it be the Power Supply extension cable ???

I have made the mod for the Power On feature to be enabled by opening the LCD screen etc.. and i thought that was correct...

I have already connected the USB Cable to the internal motherboard... but as there is no power i am not sure if the LCD screen is still ok....... I hope it is not damaged !!!!!!!!!

Anyway my question is has anyone had this problem.. and secondly.... what am i doing wrong... ????

I want to try to connect the power again but I am afraid to do anymore damage.. i think i need to buy a new cable although this cable still looks ok but there is wire being exposed which cant be good...

I am just afraid that maybe i have damaged the LCD etc.... !!!!

Anyhelp or advice would be appreciated.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
post #185 of 201 Old 10-23-2008, 06:46 PM

Just an update...

I took the plunge and connected the cable direct to the power and GREAT STUFF... the LCD worked....

Not only that but i can also turn off the Antec with the remote and turn it back on.. not sure what id did wrong the first time but all ok now...

Only issue i have now is that the extension power cable that i melted a little i need replaced as the DVD drive is now blocked by this shorter cable.... finding it hard to find a replacement cable... most stores dont even know what i am talking about....

as soon as i can get that cable i hope to clean up the case and close it all off...

looking really good.....

AusSame...
post #186 of 201 Old 12-10-2008, 08:10 PM

Hello all, i recently purchase an antec veris fusion 430 and got it today. I hooked everything up and turned on the computer and noticed a very bad burning rubber smell coming form the PSU. the PSU works, but the smell is pretty bad. Im assuming its faulty, but has anything else had this? I really dont want to have to RMA the entire case cause im sure newegg wont just send me an earthwatts 430w. Any chance that its ok, it just initially smells bad? its smelled up the whoel living room so i dont know if its safe to keep it on just form the smell.
post #187 of 201 Old 12-10-2008, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyren View Post

Hello all, i recently purchase an antec veris fusion 430 and got it today. I hooked everything up and turned on the computer and noticed a very bad burning rubber smell coming form the PSU. the PSU works, but the smell is pretty bad. Im assuming its faulty, but has anything else had this? I really dont want to have to RMA the entire case cause im sure newegg wont just send me an earthwatts 430w. Any chance that its ok, it just initially smells bad? its smelled up the whoel living room so i dont know if its safe to keep it on just form the smell.

Power supplies don't smell. If it's smelling, something's wrong. Rather than risking your motherboard/CPU and the rest of the components...and yes, they could all get fried...send the case back, and request a replacement.
post #188 of 201 Old 02-02-2009, 08:47 AM

I've got a strange problem that I can't get my head all the way around:
I'm piecing my rig together, and I can't fit my optical drive into the bay.
The way the cradle for the optical drive fits, the drive face needs to be flush with the front of the cradle, but the screw holes don't line up with the drive in such a way to accommodate this - at best, the front of the drive pokes out past the front of the cradle about half an inch. If I try to mount the cradle back into the case with the drive poking out like this, it doesn't fit.
Also, because of the rails that slide the cradle into place, there's no way to rotate/flip/get creative with it. My drive is the LG GGC-H20L, which, when compared against another optical drive I have, has regularly-spaced mounting screw holes.
I've never encountered this problem before in building a rig and it's really making me scratch my head. I haven't been able to find anyone else reporting this problem, and it kind of makes me feel like I'm doing something REALLY stupid.
that may well be, but I've mounted probably a couple hundred optical drives in my life, and I've never seen this kind of problem before.
post #189 of 201 Old 02-02-2009, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beestinga View Post

I've got a strange problem that I can't get my head all the way around:
I'm piecing my rig together, and I can't fit my optical drive into the bay.
The way the cradle for the optical drive fits, the drive face needs to be flush with the front of the cradle, but the screw holes don't line up with the drive in such a way to accommodate this - at best, the front of the drive pokes out past the front of the cradle about half an inch. If I try to mount the cradle back into the case with the drive poking out like this, it doesn't fit.
Also, because of the rails that slide the cradle into place, there's no way to rotate/flip/get creative with it. My drive is the LG GGC-H20L, which, when compared against another optical drive I have, has regularly-spaced mounting screw holes.
I've never encountered this problem before in building a rig and it's really making me scratch my head. I haven't been able to find anyone else reporting this problem, and it kind of makes me feel like I'm doing something REALLY stupid.
that may well be, but I've mounted probably a couple hundred optical drives in my life, and I've never seen this kind of problem before.

Must just be you.

Just kidding. I think I had a similar problem. I ended up mounting the drive so that it sits a little further back than flush. The problem with that is the open/close button on the Antec has to be really pushed in far for it to contact the drive buttion. So, I ended up taking some aluminum foil and jamming it into the back of the Antec eject buttion so that it protruded out solidly.

Now, with a gentle push, the drive open and closes great. You can't see the foil, but it's solid enough that it doesn't compress. Ghetto solution, but it works just perfectly.
post #190 of 201 Old 02-02-2009, 01:48 PM

Thanks Goobered. I may just need to get creative with it.
post #191 of 201 Old 02-03-2009, 09:33 AM

it was the wire coming across in front of the optical drive bay that was getting in the way. I was able to stick a fondue poker down in there to hold the wire in place and out of the way so that I could slide the optical drive carriage into place.
Now I've got everything installed and set up and working fine hardware-wise.
Now I get to figure out how to set up the software side of things =/
post #192 of 201 Old 02-03-2009, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Oh yeah, I remember the wire thing. Major PITA at the time.
post #193 of 201 Old 02-06-2009, 04:03 PM

Has anyone got this case working with VMC and PowerDVD?
In trying to set my remote up, no matter what I do,
whenever I hit a button on my remote that VMC "wants" to use, it maximizes VMC and executes the button-press.
So, if I have powerdvd maximized and vmc minimized, if I press play, pause, etc, it maximizes vmc.
Has anyone else encountered this problem?
post #194 of 201 Old 03-23-2009, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Embarrassed that I don't know what it's for, hoping someone can clue me in.

Regards,

mike
post #195 of 201 Old 03-23-2009, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

I had no clue either. I simply didn't use it. I used the airflow directors, but not the square.

The only thing that I could figure was that maybe it would act as a block if you decided to go with only a single 120 mm fan or something.
post #196 of 201 Old 03-23-2009, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by GooberedUp View Post

I had no clue either. I simply didn't use it. I used the airflow directors, but not the square.

The only thing that I could figure was that maybe it would act as a block if you decided to go with only a single 120 mm fan or something.

That's what it is for. I just built my PC using this case. I bought an 800rpm fan, removed the two stock 120mm fans, blocked off the forward most fan port with the plate, and added the 800rpm fan to the aft spot.

post #197 of 201 Old 03-23-2009, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I know my cable management is not beautiful but this machine works wonderfully.
post #198 of 201 Old 03-28-2009, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooberpooh View Post

I like this Fusion V2, nice looking case, the display is a bit silly. Yes it works fine, but for the mnost part I ignore it. The only problem I have is with the grouding - everytime I touch it the computer crashes (no reboot, just instant netherworld). If I remembre to ground out first on my satelite receiver or TV, then no problems - it is irritating. I also sent a note to Antec regarding the case design - needs another hole to accomodate sata connectors coming off the motherboard towards the case front instead of upward (typical configuration).

Has anyone else had this problem with the Fusion 430 V2? I even tried running another ground (from a small screw near the cd door to a chassis screw near HDD) in addition to the stock one and still have random reboots when touching the front panel or plugging in a device to the front USB. Any ideas?
post #199 of 201 Old 06-24-2009, 01:08 PM

im liking the pictures looks a nice case but can anyone tell me if you could fit a XFX ATI Radeon HD 4890 1GB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card in this case and a full size motherboard
post #200 of 201 Old 06-24-2009, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

micro ATX motherboard
post #201 of 201 Old 07-19-2014, 11:01 AM

Hey Fusion 430 owners, just a quick question if you can possibly recall the answer. I managed to pick up this case (v2), but have yet to do the build. I'm very interested in replacing the PSU with a Corsair (120mm fan) PSU, but of course, this PSU doesn't have the requisite 3-pin ATX extension from the main 24 pin plug to the motherboard. It has been explained numerous times that you need this adapter/extension in order for the VFD display to work properly.

However, is that really the case? From the VFD, in addition to the 3-pin, there are an additional two 1-pin wires labelled GND and M/B PWR. The 3-pin extension has a standby power lead (purple) to the motherboard. I'm thinking that this 3-pin isn't needed at all and that the two 1-pin leads would suffice to power the VFD. It seems to me that the 3-pin plug is only required for the IR receiver in standby mode. What's odd is that there is no mention of these two 1-pin wires at all in the manual. Any insights to this?
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page